• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Assuming that's real, that would mean that:

* Bowser Junior
* Wario
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Ganondorf
* Falco
* Jigglypuff
* Duck Hunt
* ROB
* Ness
* Dr. Mario
* Dark Pit
* Lucina

are all unlockable characters.
That makes sense. It means all the unlockable characters won't be "announced" before release. But we still have at least one more newcomer reveal trailer according to Sakurai. Hmm...

zferolie

Smash Hero
That makes sense. It means all the unlockable characters won't be "announced" before release. But we still have at least one more newcomer reveal trailer according to Sakurai. Hmm...
He did say one more trailer? when?

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
That is not the starting roster because :4luigi: is locked from the begining
Says who? Just because it's been that way in past games doesn't mean it will be in this game.
He did say one more trailer? when?
When Sakurai revealed the Lucina / Robin trailer he said he was near the bottom of the newcomer trailers. Unless he just meant just these two trailers. But I took it that he meant "trailers" after the Robin trailer. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Says who? Just because it's been that way in past games doesn't mean it will be in this game.
People seem to just be assuming this. or it's a troll thing. I don't know. Like you said, things have changed. Ness and Captain were at the start in melee

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'd like to talk about something here, and I guess it fits in with the thought that not every character has been revealed yet.

Boss Characters.

So far, only Yellow Devil has been revealed, and he'll be on Wii U and 3DS in Mega Man's stage.

BUT today's Shulk reveal trailer hinted at the possibility of Metal Face being another Boss character. We know that Guar Plains is a stage on Wii U and 3DS.

My thinking on the matter is that Stages with Bosses are on both versions of the game. MEANING that, if Ridley isn't playable and was indeed a Boss character, that Pyrosphere would also appear on 3DS, which to this point, hasn't been revealed. Given the leak, there's likely one stage left on 3DS to be revealed. While it may be Pyrosphere, I'd say its' chances are pretty slim at this point, especially with a Metroid stage (Brinstar) already being on 3DS.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Guy guys guys....it's not confirmed to be the starting roster, it's only speculated that it could be. If it is, I think it's a wee bit too many to start off with. I wanted Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic to be unlockable. Or at least Pac-Man. I also think Shulk and Luigi will be unlockable.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So it's legit end of story. ( waits for admin to lock thread :C)
um there are still things to discuss like the other leaks and such

I'd like to talk about something here, and I guess it fits in with the thought that not every character has been revealed yet.

Boss Characters.

So far, only Yellow Devil has been revealed, and he'll be on Wii U and 3DS in Mega Man's stage.

BUT today's Shulk reveal trailer hinted at the possibility of Metal Face being another Boss character. We know that Guar Plains is a stage on Wii U and 3DS.

My thinking on the matter is that Stages with Bosses are on both versions of the game. MEANING that, if Ridley isn't playable and was indeed a Boss character, that Pyrosphere would also appear on 3DS, which to this point, hasn't been revealed. Given the leak, there's likely one stage left on 3DS to be revealed. While it may be Pyrosphere, I'd say its' chances are pretty slim at this point, especially with a Metroid stage (Brinstar) already being on 3DS.

to be fair we also have a 3ds exclusive boss stage as well, the FInd Mii Stage. At least I am pretty sure that guy is going to be a boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
This just screams the leak is real, that a bunch of other stuff. :laugh:
Anyone who is denying the leak at this point is just denial. See ya!

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

Boss Characters.

Good, and I want to agree, but there's just one hole in this theory:

Find Mii.

3DS stage with the Emperor as the boss. Wii U doesn't have Find Mii. At least, as far as I can tell. If he DOES show up on the Wii U version, it'll cement this theory. I'm pretty certain there are at least two characters being held back to coincide with the Wii U release.

toonmarth29

Smash Cadet
well 200 ish pages of denial thrown away nice that this was the best leak i have ever seen since the start of smash 4's reveal nice, but it was too fun and now it co,es to an end

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Ah, I must have missed that... then i guess this may be closed? Where those other characters mentioned via text only part of this leak or no?
Ofcourse it won't be closed. Just because it's been confirmed doesn't mean we can't talk about it. Quite the opposite, now there's more to talk about it.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
in the new trailer...d..did...Meta Knight have a new final smash?!(sorry if this has been asked, just woke up to the shulk news)
If you meant near the 5 minute mark then that was Ike's Great Aether. Famitsu confirmed Meta Knight retained his FS from Brawl.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
in the new trailer...d..did...Meta Knight have a new final smash?!(sorry if this has been asked, just woke up to the shulk news)
Meta Knight has been confirmed to have the same Final Smash via Famitsu.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
The All-Star mode lock really has nothing to do with the roster we saw. We have know idea when that picture was taken. It wouldn't make any sense given the the context of what the leak is from for the rister to not be complete.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Why are you saying this as if you have proof?
Didnt the guy who leaked both the vids and images say on reddit that he hasnt unlocked everything? Or maybe m mis-remembering it. Either way, the leak from way back that has been approved by mods here crossed over with some of the characters that ware in that leak, while mentioning more. And also All-Stars mode was locked in the uploaded pictures.

It aint over till its over I guess.

zferolie

Smash Hero
All-Star Mode was locked and the leaker said this isn't the full roster. This was backed up by Ninka and Vaanrose, who leaked all of this back in July.
So I just want to confirm. Ninka and Vaanrose, what are the most likely characters coming from those lists? I here Mach Rider, Dixie, CHorus kids, Mewtwo, and Ridley. Is that from them or someone else?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The All-Star mode lock really has nothing to do with the roster we saw. We have know idea when that picture was taken. It wouldn't make any sense given the the context of what the leak is from for the rister to not be complete.
Not to mention the lock does not necessarily mean the mode was locked. It was selected in the image (Since when can you select a locked mode?) and had no other indicator that it was locked. Sakurai usually puts a hole where an unlockable mode is if it isn't unlocked.

Last edited:

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
If you meant near the 5 minute mark then that was Ike's Great Aether. Famitsu confirmed Meta Knight retained his FS from Brawl.
Me and my stupid tunnel vision. -___-
When I read great Aether I rewatched it and finally saw Ike. Anwyays, thanks for noticing it.

Staccato

Smash Cadet
Now speculation is..."Is that the FINAL roster?"
First of all, hi everyone. I joined a couple days ago during the "leak frenzy", but I wanted to give my two cents about the matter.

Personally, I think this is NOT the final roster. Here is my reasoning:

a) the CSS, as it is, doesn't really make sense if that's the final roster. Whether or not the Mii Fighters will be included there (I think they have their own "Custom Characters" page as shown in one of the menus, by the way), you'd either end up with 49 slots (as they are in the CSS picture) or 50 slots (with the Mii Fighters added). Now, considering Sakurai's well-known OCD, the second-to-last row seems... off. Why didn't just put Shulk along with Ness, Falcon and the others to create another neat row of 9 characters and leave the 3 third party characters by themselves in the last row? Here, the second-to-last line is off center, which doesn't look very Sakurai-ish. Of course, one could argue that in case customization is on the Mii Fighters would take the ninth spot in the second-to-last row, but still the position of Shulk in the roster (not to mention the "clone corner") are really weird, especially considering the past rosters.

b) SSB4 is quite unique, in that is comprised on two different versions that aren't being released simultaneously. Since it's pretty clear Nintendo is counting on the WiiU version to re-launch their home console, it wouldn't be that smart of a move to have that version being completely "spoiled" by the 3DS one in terms of the entire roster of characters included (since, let's admit it, one among the many best things about SSB is to speculate about who will or will not be included). That's why I think that what we see in the CSS leak image will be the final roster for the 3DS version... for the time being. When the WiiU version will be released, that version will include the remaining four/five new characters, that will be at that point unlocked on the 3DS version via a free DLC or an update. That would also explain why the supposedly existing "extra character" do not appear even if that version is the one show to the ESRB (and thus, theoretically, the final one): the one leaked is the 3DS version, but if the other characters are included in the WiiU version, they will be shown when that version of the game is evaluated.

Having said that, I have no idea about which characters would actually be included, in case my scenario turns out to be right. I personally believe in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Chorus Kids/Dixie leak, but that's just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So I just want to confirm. Ninka and Vaanrose, what are the most likely characters coming from those lists? I here Mach Rider, Dixie, CHorus kids, Mewtwo, and Ridley. Is that from them or someone else?
They stated that was pure speculation, so it could be anyone. The most recurring names, though, are Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men and Impa. Then we have things like Mach Rider.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They stated that was pure speculation, so it could be anyone. The most recurring names, though, are Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men and Impa. Then we have things like Mach Rider.
There's also 6 uknown veterans that could potentially make up any number of the rest of the characters.

Wraeith

Smash Cadet
First of all, hi everyone. I joined a couple days ago during the "leak frenzy", but I wanted to give my two cents about the matter.

Personally, I think this is NOT the final roster. Here is my reasoning:

a) the CSS, as it is, doesn't really make sense if that's the final roster. Whether or not the Mii Fighters will be included there (I think they have their own "Custom Characters" page as shown in one of the menus, by the way), you'd either end up with 49 slots (as they are in the CSS picture) or 50 slots (with the Mii Fighters added). Now, considering Sakurai's well-known OCD, the second-to-last row seems... off. Why didn't just put Shulk along with Ness, Falcon and the others to create another neat row of 9 characters and leave the 3 third party characters by themselves in the last row? Here, the second-to-last line is off center, which doesn't look very Sakurai-ish. Of course, one could argue that in case customization is on the Mii Fighters would take the ninth spot in the second-to-last row, but still the position of Shulk in the roster (not to mention the "clone corner") are really weird, especially considering the past rosters.

b) SSB4 is quite unique, in that is comprised on two different versions that aren't being released simultaneously. Since it's pretty clear Nintendo is counting on the WiiU version to re-launch their home console, it wouldn't be that smart of a move to have that version being completely "spoiled" by the 3DS one in terms of the entire roster of characters included (since, let's admit it, one among the many best things about SSB is to speculate about who will or will not be included). That's why I think that what we see in the CSS leak image will be the final roster for the 3DS version... for the time being. When the WiiU version will be released, that version will include the remaining four/five new characters, that will be at that point unlocked on the 3DS version via a free DLC or an update. That would also explain why the supposedly existing "extra character" do not appear even if that version is the one show to the ESRB (and thus, theoretically, the final one): the one leaked is the 3DS version, but if the other characters are included in the WiiU version, they will be shown when that version of the game is evaluated.

Having said that, I have no idea about which characters would actually be included, in case my scenario turns out to be right. I personally believe in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Chorus Kids/Dixie leak, but that's just wishful thinking.
I agree, that has been my theory for a while. I imagined that the leaked roster was final until the Wii U release, and then Sakurai would reveal some of the most anticipated characters to hype the Wii U release in order to ensure that the 3DS doesn't completely shadow the console release. Free DLC update for the 3DS would still uphold the promise of identical rosters and this would also completely explain why there are vacant slots available yet needing to show the ESRB the entirety of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom