• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Text

I'm not saying that there are definitely more characters, or that Nintendo wouldn't show them all the characters at some point, I'm just saying they don't technically "have" to by ESRB's rating process guidelines.
I understand that, but it seems laughable to assume that all the footage artfully and surgically omits anything from a leaker that came after the fact (Ridley/Dixie, etc.) while simultaneously confirming everything from the very trustworthy leak (Ninka/vaanrose). It is really difficult for me to believe that this is just a coincidence.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
1) No, I'm saying the picture with the lock on it may have been taken early on and the picture of the CSS might be from later. Or it could be a debug mode. The lock doesn't necessarily mean anything.

3) No, they didn't. Look it up. Not to mention it doesn't even make sense. All they had was a video, not the game, so it wouldn't even make sense for them to "say we haven't unlocked everything".

4) All they had is some pics and video. They had no actual information about the game and they lied multiple times about it.

7) So then: it must just be a complete coincidence that any footage related to characters from someone jumping on the leak after the fact is notably absent and footage of characters confirmed in the trustworthy leak that came first are all completely confirmed?
1). It's not a picture, it's lifted from a video showcasing the game.

3). Yes they did. Here's one of them saying it: http://smashboards.com/threads/heir...n-social-thread.324326/page-412#post-17332935

4). And? That doesn't mean that everything about the leak was fake.

7). The 4chan leak predates the Ninka leak.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So is everyone in agreement that the leak is real? The one that is shown? I mean, if they don't, they aren't in denial, they ARE denial.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Doesn't said leak quote the Ninka leak? How can it predate it if it quotes it?
I believe the story is that the mods on here knew about the Ninka leak before it was made public, but didn't think there was much to it until someone on 4chan posted a very similar list (it had DHD, Shulk, BJ and a couple others that corroborated the Ninka leak).

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Nah, with how Nintendo puts Mario in new suits I guess we get Mario in frog suit next.
If we get at least one different/unique/WTF alt costume for each character, I'm cool with it.

And no, 'Merica Mario and Skyward Sword Link don't count.

Heck, even Dark Link counts more than Skyward Sword Link.

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
i think that, if theres some new3ds exclusive things itd be kinda a **** move from ninendo because then we'd HAVE to buy a new3ds to play sm4sh to the fullest extent
I completely agree with you there. It wouldn't be the first time they've done something like that, though. Lots of Game Boy games that came out near the Game Boy Color had exclusive content when played on a GBC, for instance. It wasn't anything quite so extensive as this in most cases, but it's not unprecedented. The GB to GBC situation is extremely applicable here, because it represents one of the only other times that they've done an "incremental" hardware upgrade to a console. The only other one I can think of is the DSi.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXddbXQaXE& video. Also in another video All-Star mode for the Wii U was shown and it looked weird and out of place because it was HD in a low res collage
Is that All-Star pic from one of videos today? If so, one would think it has all of the characters from 1985-1986 in it (Duck Hunt was from '84, iirc). That wouldn't seem to bode well for Ridley.

Last edited:

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wouldn't that mean N3DS couldn't play with 3DS players? After all, the regular 3DS would need to have the data and capability of displaying anything the N3DS does in multiplayer mode.
Yes, but it is not like Nintendo give a **** about that anyway.

They are already alienating and splitting the 3DS player base now that some games will be unplayable on 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS.
Is that All-Star pic from one of videos today? If so, one would think it has all of the characters from 1985-1986 in it (Duck Hunt was from '84, iirc). That wouldn't seem to bode well for Ridley.
R.O.B. isn't there either, who is all but confirmed at this point, so I don't see how that affects Ridley.

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
5) They wouldn't keep some characters secret for the Wii U version, since they both have the same roster and the ESRB would still need to evaluate it.
If the characters are DLC for the 3DS version and built-in for the Wii U version, they would not have to appear in the 3DS version's ESRB reel. The Wii U version is a separate game and still needs to be evaluated on its own merits.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Yes, but it is not like Nintendo give a **** about that anyway.

They are already alienating and splitting the 3DS player base now that some games will be unplayable on 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS.

R.O.B. isn't there either, who is all but confirmed at this point, so I don't see how that affects Ridley.
Huh, that is true. His omission seems stranger, then.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
So is everyone in agreement that the leak is real? The one that is shown? I mean, if they don't, they aren't in denial, they ARE denial.
Shulk pretty much proves that anyone thinking its fake is simply in denial. (someone make a meme of Shulk saying "seeing is believing")

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'm not believing anything about other characters until I see better proof than "Shulk is next to the 3rd party characters", or going by the word of people who saw a video.

That "Shulk is next to 3rd party characters" argument is idiotic. Game & Watch was next to third party characters, I suppose that was bad ordering too?

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Ice climbers return...but not nana. She's an alt costume. Sopo buffed and given a new recovery with a condor.
I'll take it over nothing... But that would be so sad too. Also, wtf is "Sopo"? Popo's name is just as long... just call him by his name.

Why were you people even discussing if it's Samus in that video? Why did he even ask? It's so obvious... My brain hurts...

Now speculation is..."Is that the FINAL roster?"
No... Why would we speculate on something that we already know?

Only 2 weeks till the game is released in Japan! But remember what I said, they could be saving a few characters as DLC for the Wii U version. I hope not, but don't take that roster as 100% done yet at that point.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
For more leak confirmation, this pic was taken from the Direct. Shows Ganondorf in an off-screen bubble.

Source: Here
Accident or proposital to keep the hype of the game going? Because that's very subtle.

Still, this is gold.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Accident or proposital to keep the hype of the game going? Because that's very subtle.
Still, this is gold.
Yeah I can't believe I missed it, earlier I was looking all over the screen multiple times during that portion to make sure nothing out of the ordinary was there. Props to whoever found it.

I'm not believing anything about other characters until I see better proof than "Shulk is next to the 3rd party characters", or going by the word of people who saw a video.

That "Shulk is next to 3rd party characters" argument is idiotic. Game & Watch was next to third party characters, I suppose that was bad ordering too?
Are you talking about the roster leak that is pretty much confirmed or something else?

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
1). It's not a picture, it's lifted from a video showcasing the game.

3). Yes they did. Here's one of them saying it: http://smashboards.com/threads/heir...n-social-thread.324326/page-412#post-17332935

4). And? That doesn't mean that everything about the leak was fake.

7). The 4chan leak predates the Ninka leak.
1) But the pictures (lifted from the video) could still be in the circumstances that I outlined that you keep ignoring.

3) MasterLink wasn't one of the leakers, nor is there any reason to believe he knows anything unique about the game, AND he has stated in the past that he likes to screw with people for fun.

4) It also doesn't mean you blindly believe people who have already actively lied to you when they can show you no proof of what they're telling you.

7) Still wrong. The Ninka leak came first, the 4Chan leak came second, and then Ninka made his bigger post putting it together. And you still ignored the question I presented to you.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
1) But the pictures (lifted from the video) could still be in the circumstances that I outlined that you keep ignoring.

3) MasterLink wasn't one of the leakers, nor is there any reason to believe he knows anything unique about the game.

4) It also doesn't mean you blindly believe people who have already actively lied to you when they can show you no proof of what they're telling you.

7) Still wrong. The Ninka leak came first, the 4Chan leak came second, and then Ninka made his bigger post putting it together. And you still ignored the question I presented to you.
I'm starting to think this guy really hates Ridley and Mewtwo. lol

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think this guy really hates Ridley and Mewtwo. lol
The guy with both Ridley and Mewtwo in his sig hates Ridley and Mewtwo?

Or maybe I'm tired of people spreading false information, grasping at ridiculously improbable straws, and peddling false optimism.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Um guys let the character select screen speculation run wild, Nintendo's twitter posted this while it may be blurry we can compare some things:

As you can see the names of the characters are displayed, any ordering things different from the leak?

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Um guys let the character select screen speculation run wild, Nintendo's twitter posted this while it may be blurry we can compare some things:

As you can see the names of the characters are displayed, any ordering things different from the leak?
That looks like the E3 3DS select screen to me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Yeah, seems like the same build, no surprise honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom