• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman

The mouth changes slightly. The eyes change size. Arms placement completely different. Chin different sizes. Nose COMPLETELY different. Not identical.

There are two images that get passed around as the origins of Dr. Mario.

This one

Here the head angle is wrong, the stethoscope is wrong. He would literally have to adjust the head angle by a few degrees.

And I can't find the other one, the one you were talking about. I KNOW that one as well. It's also not right. If you want to prove me wrong, then go look for it cause I can't find it, but trust me, it's not the same.

Image quality consistent here. Image quality of Ganondorf poor? Well here

Same render, better quality.

Let's not pretend we know what goes on behind the scenes. I sure as hell don't.

Again, remodels happen. The world will keep turning. This is FAR from proof.

Even Melee didn't need a random spot. Brawl introduced alternate costumes for ONE character. Redesigns happen.

Redesigns happen.

The leak is definitely not from the original game. If you saw the original game, you'd know that doesn't make sense. The leak and Famitsu are MUCH closer than Famitsu and POTD.

You gotta put this in your sig in a month from now. Trust me, you'll get it then.
Because SmashBoard will believe any and every leak. During Brawl, there was a lot more reasonable skepticism and if something was debunked, it was dead. No questions asked. Now, you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that its fake in an age where it is very easy to use photoshop. Heck, even after clear cut evidence that Shulk, Dr. Mario and Wario renders were taken from other sources, people STILL believe it's real. The ONLY thing people have been hanging onto is a Famitsu scan that looks kind of similar to a small blurry box.

The leak is dead.
  • It is FACT that Shulk's render is identical to Little Mac
  • It is FACT that Dr. Mario's render is identical to an official Nintendo render of Mario
  • It is FACT that Wario is based on screenshots from the Subspace Emissary
  • The leaker misspelled "disable"
  • The laurel is incorrect in one pic
  • The pictures are inconsistent
  • Ness is inconsistent will ALL of his models and artwork.
  • Yoshi splits the Mario cats which is inconsistent from ALL Smash Brothers games
  • The lines in the select screen are not properly aligned
  • It is FACT that the ESRB does not play games and instead gets videos so the game could not leak from there
  • The character backgrounds are different than the E3 Demo and the official 3DS trailer
  • There are "KO" when KOs are 0, which is inconsistent with ALL other Smash Brothers games and the E3 Demo
  • There are no names under the character's portraits which is inconsistent with ALL Smash Brothers games and both the 3DS and Wii U demos
  • Mr Game and Watch's model is different that what was shown in the Pac-Man trailer.
  • CPU characters have colored backgrounds which is inconsistent with ALL Smash Brothers games and the 3DS and Wii U demos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M9ZgS3GT0I&list=PL1ZckmCN92YsMyigw1Py-lIlrbZqxjMNz
rip in pepperonis, @SmashChu

at least he tried, guys

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Yoshi was alone all those other smash games because he didn't really appear in mario games except sunshine since yoshis island. And now he had tons of new appearances. In New Super Mario Bros wii and wii u. In Mario Galaxy 2. In Yoshis New Island. Maybe that's why he is now in Marios cast but still has his own series icon because of the previous smash games?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I have a theory on the rest of the potential roster assuming we have more unlockable characters left:

1. Wolf and Mewtwo will return filling up the 4th row and pushing DHD and ROB to the fifth row.

2. The clones will end up on the 6th row alongside the 3rd parties and Shulk will move up to the 5th row alongside the other single rep series once there are 7 or more non-clone characters on the fifth row.

3. We'll either get Bandana Dee (pushing Mac to the 5th row) or we'll get a Rhythm Heaven rep (well any rep from an unrepresented franchise but I feel RH is the most likely).

4. *Wishful thinking here* Snake might be a secret newcomer and Sakurai and Kojima accomplishes the biggest troll job in Smash history (if only......). I listed him mostly because he wouldn't effect my CSS theory.

I don't think we're getting Ridley, Dixie, K. Rool, or a Zelda rep as any one of those franchises getting another character will cause massive shifts in the CSS. I also feel Sakurai is going to leave some of the black background leftover so I think we have three unseen characters left. Four if by some miracle Snake comes back.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have a theory on the rest of the potential roster assuming we have more unlockable characters left:

1. Wolf and Mewtwo will return filling up the 4th row and pushing DHD and ROB to the fifth row.

2. The clones will end up on the 6th row alongside the 3rd parties and Shulk will move up to the 5th row alongside the other single rep series once there are 7 or more non-clone characters on the fifth row.

3. We'll either get Bandana Dee (pushing Mac to the 5th row) or we'll get a Rhythm Heaven rep (well any rep from an unrepresented franchise but I feel RH is the most likely).

4. *Wishful thinking here* Snake might be a secret newcomer and Sakurai and Kojima accomplishes the biggest troll job in Smash history (if only......). I listed him mostly because he wouldn't effect my CSS theory.

I don't think we're getting Ridley, Dixie, K. Rool, or a Zelda rep as any one of those franchises getting another character will cause massive shifts in the CSS. I also feel Sakurai is going to leave some of the black background leftover so I think we have three unseen characters left. Four if by some miracle Snake comes back.
I'd like this. It'd be a huge shock to see Snake appear out of nowhere.
But there is something to point out....remember how Monolith wasn't listed on Smash's boxart, but after Shulk was announced, they appeared alongside the others?
This opens up the possibility of his return!!

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Shall I copy my roster from another thread?

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::substitute::substitute::4yoshi::warioc: ---> Bowser Jr. / Dr. Mario
:4dk::4diddy::substitute::4link::4zelda::4sheik::ganondorf::4tlink::substitute: ---> King K. Rool / Impa
:4samus::4zss::substitute::4pit::4palutena::substitute::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: ---> Ridley / Dark Pit
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::substitute::4fox::falco::substitute::rob: ---> Shulk / Duck Hunt
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::jigglypuff::4greninja::mewtwopm::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac:
:ness2::4falcon::4olimar::gw::substitute::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::substitute: ---> Chorus Men / Random
This would fit perfectly.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Has PAX ended yet?
We could see Snake.
"Kept you waiting, huh?"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wow that is one tiny Ganondorf but that is him. Geez, how more real can these leaks get.
Depends of if Sakurai desides to reveal another Veteran/Newcomer before the 13th. :troll:
Also, I am DISAPPOINTED at how Shulk's trailer doesn't have R.O.B.

It'd be hilarious, him cutting through Mechon like noone's business but the Monado just bounces off R.O.B. sorta like a *dink* while R.O.B. looks at Shulk like "Pardon me, my good chap, but what kind of fancy new-fangled stick did you just hit my glorious plastic material with? That was rather unsanitary." But he can't speak so don't mind him and Shulk is just like "What kind of Mechon is this?"

Missed opportunity.

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Would be awesome if there is a trailer where you see dr. mario fighting bowser jr and in the background you can see the tip of the smash box and at the end Snake comes out of it.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I'd like this. It'd be a huge shock to see Snake appear out of nowhere.
But there is something to point out....remember how Monolith wasn't listed on Smash's boxart, but after Shulk was announced, they appeared alongside the others?
This opens up the possibility of his return!!
same happened with Sonic in Brawl.
Looking at the list of composers or seeking for other credits to extrapolate the potential character sis futile, as any decisive evidence is removed altogether by Sakurai and only revealed when said character is revealed.

I have a theory.

What if, the extra characters are 3ds DLC, which you can get for free when connecting to the Wii U Version?
This may fix the inter connectivity.

This could also make the new characters Amiibo's rather than traditional DLC anyway.

Think about it. It's nintendo leveraging the huge 3DS install base to get us to all purchase a Wii U.

Davybot

Smash Rookie
NNID
davybot
Depends of if Sakurai desides to reveal another Veteran/Newcomer before the 13th. :troll:
Also, I am DISAPPOINTED at how Shulk's trailer doesn't have R.O.B.

It'd be hilarious, him cutting through Mechon like noone's business but the Monado just bounces off R.O.B. sorta like a *dink* while R.O.B. looks at Shulk like "Pardon me, my good chap, but what kind of fancy new-fangled stick did you just hit my glorious plastic material with? That was rather unsanitary." But he can't speak so don't mind him and Shulk is just like "What kind of Mechon is this?"

Missed opportunity.
lmao Yeah that would of been hilarious. I imagined Shulk and Ness dueling it out with their powers myself ala the Lucina/Falcon scenario. Like "Yeah this Shulk guy is good buT NOT AS GOOD AS ME *PK ROCKIN*"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
1) But the pictures (lifted from the video) could still be in the circumstances that I outlined that you keep ignoring.

3) MasterLink wasn't one of the leakers, nor is there any reason to believe he knows anything unique about the game, AND he has stated in the past that he likes to screw with people for fun.

4) It also doesn't mean you blindly believe people who have already actively lied to you when they can show you no proof of what they're telling you.

7) Still wrong. The Ninka leak came first, the 4Chan leak came second, and then Ninka made his bigger post putting it together. And you still ignored the question I presented to you.
1). Could be? There could also be a flying banana monster called Borris in the game. I'm not ingoring anything. You're speaking in absolutes and you don't know any more than the rest of us. So cool your jets, buster.

3). Yes he is.

4). I'm not blindly believing anything. There is reason to believe that there are more characters. It's not a simple case of "that's it". I'll take the word of the leakers over some random guy on a random forum any day of the week. Especially when there's evidence suggesting that they're telling the truth on this (as I've outlined).

7). Nah. At this point we're going in circles so believe in what you want. Just don't go spreading your sillyness around too much. Because we've seen the effects of that when it became a common belief that the Gematsu leak was true.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I think the only news at PAX will be the NEW 3DS.

that's about it.

But they'll have a hands-on with (probably) the final build for Smash 3DS. We should expect something.
GameXplain are uploading videos of the PAX build and it's the same as the one from E3. However they said that they'll be playing a new build in an hour, this comment was 14 minutes ago.

Yep, this is the E3 build. BUt we'll be going hands-on with the new one in about an hour. Hopefully they'll let us report on it soon! =)

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
So, how are you guys gonna use the Monado Arts? Knowing my play style, I'll probably start with Buster, change to Speed if things don't go too well, then to Smash when the opponent's percentage is high enough.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I heard there is a closed roundtable from 5-9 I wonder if they will address the rumor or characters leaked.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You know what I would like?
An In-Game Preorder Bonus.
Like, for example, if you preorder the 3DS Version you get a Mario cladded in all Metallic Red (Or Ruby) Clothes for the 3DS version, and if you preorder the Wii U Version you get a Mario cladded in all Metallic Blue (Or Sapphire) Clothes, and you can connect the systems to not only get the other system's costumes but also a Mario cladded in all Gold Clothes.
Y'know, like Funky Ray from Legends. Doesn't effect Gameplay, but is a nice Bonus.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
You know what I would like?
An In-Game Preorder Bonus.
Like, for example, if you preorder the 3DS Version you get a Mario cladded in all Metallic Red (Or Ruby) Clothes for the 3DS version, and if you preorder the Wii U Version you get a Mario cladded in all Metallic Blue (Or Sapphire) Clothes, and you can connect the systems to not only get the other system's costumes but also a Mario cladded in all Gold Clothes.
Y'know, like Funky Ray from Legends. Doesn't effect Gameplay, but is a nice Bonus.
Or they could not make any content pre-order only and just give it to everyone regardless if they preorder or not.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Shulk/Dunban/Riki's voices sound weird to me since I played Xenoblade with Japanese audio. Also, if it was Melia instead of Dunban that would be my in-game party. So close...

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys think we might get a Bowser Jr reveal as well today since Nintendo's having a Round Table just like Pac-man did at E3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom