• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
They stated that was pure speculation, so it could be anyone. The most recurring names, though, are Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men and Impa. Then we have things like Mach Rider.
The roster has already been decided before the game started production so I think the various names being thrown around are no indication on who will actually be added. Just wishful thinking. These characters will all be great additions but there's no way to know who exactly is in

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The roster has already been decided before the game started production so I think the various names being thrown around are no indication on who will actually be added. Just wishful thinking. These characters will all be great additions but there's no way to know who exactly is in
That's exactly what I'm saying. Everything is pure speculation, as according to the ones who leaked all that information, they know for a fact there are more characters, but just don't know who they are.

That said, Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool have been heavily teased, specially Ridley. The three of them also appeared on a fan-made list of wanted characters for Sm4sh. Fun thing is, the rest of the characters on those lists have already been confirmed.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I'm just going to be safe and assume we have one more character (hopefully Mewtwo) to unlock in order to align the fifth row with the rest of them what with Shulk being saddled next to the 3rd parties for some reason. I don't know what Sakurai is planning to do with that bottom row.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
That's exactly what I'm saying. Everything is pure speculation, as according to the ones who leaked all that information, they know for a fact there are more characters, but just don't know who they are.

That said, Ridley, Mewtwo and K. Rool have been heavily teased, specially Ridley. The three of them also appeared on a fan-made list of wanted characters for Sm4sh. Fun thing is, the rest of the characters on those lists have already been confirmed.
Besides the Kremlings in Smash Run, how has K. Rool been teased?

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Besides the Kremlings in Smash Run, how has K. Rool been teased?
The same Kremling trophy has appeared on several PotD and promotional images over the last weeks. It even had "NEW" written over it in one of them.

Some people also think a promotional picture from a while back, showing DK and three reptiles (Bowser, Yoshi and Charizard) on the Boxing Ring could be teasing K. Rool as well. You know, K. Rool being a boss on a boxing ring and him being a king reptile (just like Bowser) with reptile minions...

Also the DK saga seems to be incredibly forgotten in Sm4sh. Sure, this doesn't point towards K. Rool, but it may hint a DK newcomer, maybe.

Strawgrasping, I know, but at least there's some straws to grasp.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Teased by fake leakers, maybe. I don't recall seeing ANYTHING involving Mewtwo or K. Rool, let alone being "heavily" teased. Ridley got a shadow that's similar to the one just done in the Shulk trailer for another boss. That's not "heavy teasing", at least not from a playable character viewpoint.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They stated that was pure speculation, so it could be anyone. The most recurring names, though, are Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men and Impa. Then we have things like Mach Rider.
Whoops I forgot Impa and K Rool. All would be fantastic choices i think. I wonder who they would do Impa though... make her like Skyward sword?

There's also 6 uknown veterans that could potentially make up any number of the rest of the characters.
You mean like Lucas, Roy, young link, Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Pichu?

Someone else.
Thanks. Just wanted to clarify that

First of all, hi everyone. I joined a couple days ago during the "leak frenzy", but I wanted to give my two cents about the matter.

Personally, I think this is NOT the final roster. Here is my reasoning:

a) the CSS, as it is, doesn't really make sense if that's the final roster. Whether or not the Mii Fighters will be included there (I think they have their own "Custom Characters" page as shown in one of the menus, by the way), you'd either end up with 49 slots (as they are in the CSS picture) or 50 slots (with the Mii Fighters added). Now, considering Sakurai's well-known OCD, the second-to-last row seems... off. Why didn't just put Shulk along with Ness, Falcon and the others to create another neat row of 9 characters and leave the 3 third party characters by themselves in the last row? Here, the second-to-last line is off center, which doesn't look very Sakurai-ish. Of course, one could argue that in case customization is on the Mii Fighters would take the ninth spot in the second-to-last row, but still the position of Shulk in the roster (not to mention the "clone corner") are really weird, especially considering the past rosters.

b) SSB4 is quite unique, in that is comprised on two different versions that aren't being released simultaneously. Since it's pretty clear Nintendo is counting on the WiiU version to re-launch their home console, it wouldn't be that smart of a move to have that version being completely "spoiled" by the 3DS one in terms of the entire roster of characters included (since, let's admit it, one among the many best things about SSB is to speculate about who will or will not be included). That's why I think that what we see in the CSS leak image will be the final roster for the 3DS version... for the time being. When the WiiU version will be released, that version will include the remaining four/five new characters, that will be at that point unlocked on the 3DS version via a free DLC or an update. That would also explain why the supposedly existing "extra character" do not appear even if that version is the one show to the ESRB (and thus, theoretically, the final one): the one leaked is the 3DS version, but if the other characters are included in the WiiU version, they will be shown when that version of the game is evaluated.

Having said that, I have no idea about which characters would actually be included, in case my scenario turns out to be right. I personally believe in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Chorus Kids/Dixie leak, but that's just wishful thinking.
I can see them holding off some characters till the Wii U release In fact i was expecting them to, and still think they will. Mainly I can see them patching in Wolf, Lucas, and Ice climbers into the 3DS as free DLC once the wii u one is out, along with 1 or 2 other newcomers that may have been cut for time. if Dr Mario is back no way lucas and Wolf are gone forever. Sakurai seems to always want to TRY and bring characters back, as shown from the data hidden in brawl for Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Roy.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Teased by fake leakers, maybe. I don't recall seeing ANYTHING involving Mewtwo or K. Rool, let alone being "heavily" teased. Ridley got a shadow that's similar to the one just done in the Shulk trailer for another boss. That's not "heavy teasing", at least not from a playable character viewpoint.
The whole Greninja trailer was perfectly orchestrated to look like they were going to reveal Mewtwo. ANYONE can agree with me on this. At least anyone who has Pokémon knowledge.

As of Ridley, there are more hints. I invite you to check the first and second post on Ridley's Thread on the Character Discussion subforum for further information.

And, well, they're the only characters still unconfirmed that have had some sort of teasing, as far as I remember.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai played with all of us in Greninjas trailer. He made sure that all of the frogs features were NOT shown, so that some would think it's mewtwo (he had success with it). So maybe he teased Mewtwo in it just like he teased Dark Pit. Althoug it can be missed unlike Dark Pits...

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So the Chorus Kids are not only the missing link between the Gematsu leak and this one, and even more than that.

If the Chorus Kids appear, we can believe that Gematsu had accurate info. But now, the missing of this particular character(s) hints that there will be more characters not shown yet.
Two less likely options are that either the Chorus Kids were cut out of the game halfway production. Or that Gematsu was a lucky doofus.
Right now, faith just doesn't do it for me anymore. I need proof, pictures of Spiderman any extra characters to believe they are there.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So the Chorus Kids are not only the missing link between the Gematsu leak and this one, and even more than that.

If the Chorus Kids appear, we can believe that Gematsu had accurate info. But now, the missing of this particular character(s) hints that there will be more characters not shown yet.
Two less likely options are that either the Chorus Kids were cut out of the game halfway production. Or that Gematsu was a lucky doofus.
Right now, faith just doesn't do it for me anymore. I need proof, pictures of Spiderman any extra characters to believe they are there.
Maybe the Ice Climbers as well as the Chorus Kids were considered at first but had to be scrapped because the 3DS couldn't handle them.

zferolie

Smash Hero
The same Kremling trophy has appeared on several PotD and promotional images over the last weeks. It even had "NEW" written over it in one of them.

Some people also think a promotional picture from a while back, showing DK and three reptiles (Bowser, Yoshi and Charizard) on the Boxing Ring could be teasing K. Rool as well. You know, K. Rool being a boss on a boxing ring and him being a king reptile (just like Bowser) with reptile minions...

Also the DK saga seems to be incredibly forgotten in Sm4sh. Sure, this doesn't point towards K. Rool, but it may hint a DK newcomer, maybe.

Strawgrasping, I know, but at least there's some straws to grasp.
Nothing wrong at grasping at straws man. sometimes you find a straw of gold.

I think K ROol would be a great choice to add more villians. I just think Nintendo has seemingly forgotten him. Dixie is more likely and would love her, but K Rool would be pretty awesome

The whole Greninja trailer was perfectly orchestrated to look like they were going to reveal Mewtwo. ANYONE can agree with me on this. At least anyone who has Pokémon knowledge.

As of Ridley, there are more hints. I invite you to check the first and second post on Ridley's Thread on the Character Discussion subforum for further information.

And, well, they're the only characters still unconfirmed that have had some sort of teasing, as far as I remember.
Yeah I admit they did the greninja trailer to purposfully make you think mewtwo. And I think so proof of mewtwo being back is Dr. Mario is back. If he is back but not mewtwo... would be VERY strange. I also think Dr. Mario proove Lucas and Wolf and not gone forever either, but thats just me.

I have been good friends with hotfeet for a long time so I know all of these hints for ridley. Sakurai loves to keep teasing him because he knows the fans want him. If he was out, it would have been better to just show him when he talked about bosses. That tease in the boss section just means there could be a version of ridley as a boss.

Plus that we still no NOTHING about ridley raises more questions.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Nothing wrong at grasping at straws man. sometimes you find a straw of gold.

I think K ROol would be a great choice to add more villians. I just think Nintendo has seemingly forgotten him. Dixie is more likely and would love her, but K Rool would be pretty awesome

Yeah I admit they did the greninja trailer to purposfully make you think mewtwo. And I think so proof of mewtwo being back is Dr. Mario is back. If he is back but not mewtwo... would be VERY strange. I also think Dr. Mario proove Lucas and Wolf and not gone forever either, but thats just me.

I have been good friends with hotfeet for a long time so I know all of these hints for ridley. Sakurai loves to keep teasing him because he knows the fans want him. If he was out, it would have been better to just show him when he talked about bosses. That tease in the boss section just means there could be a version of ridley as a boss.

Plus that we still no NOTHING about ridley raises more questions.
That is my exact opinion with Mewtwo, but if he is not in I will continue to despise Lucario with the fires of Hell even though he had nothing to do with him being cut from Brawl, and I would probably start hating Greninja even though he is my favorite 6th Gen Starter. Mewtwo is just my favorite Smash character and Pokemon period Smash is what made me love him in the first place.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Maybe the Ice Climbers as well as the Chorus Kids were considered at first but had to be scrapped because the 3DS couldn't handle them.
I can see both of these characters being saved for free DLC once the Wii u comes out. We know they had issues with ice climbers because of 2 characters, so of course they will have issues with CHorus kids with three. If they release them as free DLC saved on the 3DS itself it may save some space. Plus with the advanced 3DS coming out it may help as well. SO I can see that guys fake DLC list being actually true, minus snake, as Free DLC cut due to time on the 3DS but released by the time the Wii U is out since they are finishing them up now.

WHo knows maybe snake too if Konami gave them enough money lol

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna throw this out there. The quoted part of this post is all my info. However I never mentioned anything about ridely mewtwo and dixie, so that person could possibly just be adding on to my leak.

I have though heard talks of more characters possibky being in as the guy who leaked the video has a copy of the game and admits that all star mode is still locked, something that makes no sense If he had the entire roster unlocked.
Say, since, Ninka, you were the one who basically did the original, original leak (if that makes sense), I'd like to know at least 1 detail.

You say that Ice Climbers are being cut. These new leaks however, suggest we haven't seen the full roster, meaning they could be unlockables.
Are you absolutely sure that the Ice Climbers are cut? The same question would apply to Wolf and Lucas as well. The thing is, I'm not so sure you know the full roster, which is why I ask. Or is this something I should be asking Vaanrose?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Say, since, Ninka, you were the one who basically did the original, original leak (if that makes sense), I'd like to know at least 1 detail.

You say that Ice Climbers are being cut. These new leaks however, suggest we haven't seen the full roster, meaning they could be unlockables.
Are you absolutely sure that the Ice Climbers are cut? The same question would apply to Wolf and Lucas as well. The thing is, I'm not so sure you know the full roster, which is why I ask. Or is this something I should be asking Vaanrose?
That is also true. Ice climbers, Lucas, and Wolf still may be in. Anything is up in the air. I hope they are still in, if not unlockable, but as free DLC when the Wii U comes out. And again, if DR MARIO is back, then there is no excuse for lucas, wolf, OR ice climbers being removed entirely.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
well ok now we know for absolute sure instead of 99.999% sure on the leak, i still believe theres more to show, around 4 or 5 more characters that probably will be locked.

smashboards when will u give us the shulk emote i wanna put it in my sig so baaaad

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Chorus Kids are still in the Vaanrose leak, so still hope in my book
Actually, it's not the case.
You can say that Vaanrose/Ninka's leak is complete. All the characters are on the leaked roster.
Chorus Kids are not related, nor are Dixie, Ridley and Mewtwo to those guy's leak.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I will be happy if I am proven wrong. But I don't think the roster placement is as random as some people say. It's ordered by release of multi-rep series, single-rep series, 3rd party series, etc. as others have already pointed out.
I'm willing to bet you anything that there are 50 non-clone characters. Then Sakurai realized he had a little time and some CSS space for a couple more to fill things out (like in Melee) and turned Lucina from an alt to a different fighter and added Dark Pit and Doc.

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
Is anyone else of the mind that the "New 3DS" announcement lends some credence to the idea of some characters (particularly Ice Climbers) being DLC? My thinking is that they and other characters would be left out of the base 3DS version due to the technical limitations of the system. They could then include those characters as either DLC for the Wii U or starting content for the Wii U depending on release.

Then, since the "new 3DS" has amped-up capabilities, including a souped-up CPU, they could sell Ice Climbers and/or other characters as 3DS DLC exclusive to the improved console. Just a thought, but I think the timing is interesting, and since Smash 3DS will undoubtedly be one of the highest-selling games on the system, it would only make sense to tie something about it to the new hardware revision in order to sell people on upgrading. Maybe the Ice Climbers and/or other characters could even be available free to those who upgrade, as an added incentive.

Forgive me if this has already been said. I've been keeping up with this thread closely, but have been reading some of it at a fairly brisk pace due to sheer amounts of content.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Whoa. The straw-grasping is out of control right now.

1) The lock on All-Star doesn't mean anything. Not only is the footage just from random parts of the game in a random order (meaning the there doesn't need to be a connection between the time the picture of the lock was taken and the time the picture of the CSS was taken) but it could simply be from a debug mode to show whatever they need to to the ESRB.

2) Ninka/Vaanrose never said anything about Ridley/Mewtwo/etc.

3) The leakers at no point ever said 'we haven't unlocked everything' or any variation thereof.

4) The secondhand leakers are bunch of proven liars and trolls and have lied several times, not to mention they don't actually HAVE the game, just some pics and videos that someone else gave them so they don't have any actual information on what's in the game.

5) They wouldn't keep some characters secret for the Wii U version, since they both have the same roster and the ESRB would still need to evaluate it.

6) Just because you think the CSS 'looks funny', that doesn't mean anything. The CSS goes in a perfectly logical order, it not fitting in with your preconception is not evidence of anything.

7) You really think Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and/or the Chorus Men are in the game, only because some flimsy bandwagon leak said so, and it's just a coincidence that there isn't a single shred of evidence in all the ESRB footage to support this like it does for every other single character?

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Then, since the "new 3DS" has amped-up capabilities, including a souped-up CPU, they could sell Ice Climbers and/or other characters as 3DS DLC exclusive to the improved console.
Wouldn't that mean N3DS couldn't play with 3DS players? After all, the regular 3DS would need to have the data and capability of displaying anything the N3DS does in multiplayer mode.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Whoa. The straw-grasping is out of control right now.

1) The lock on All-Star doesn't mean anything. Not only is the footage just from random parts of the game in a random order (meaning the there doesn't need to be a connection between the time the picture of the lock was taken and the time the picture of the CSS was taken) but it could simply be from a debug mode to show whatever they need to to the ESRB.

2) Ninka/Vaanrose never said anything about Ridley/Mewtwo/etc.

3) The leakers at no point ever said 'we haven't unlocked everything' or any variation thereof.

4) The secondhand leakers are bunch of proven liars and trolls and have lied several times, not to mention they don't actually HAVE the game, just some pics and videos that someone else gave them so they don't have any actual information on what's in the game.

5) They wouldn't keep some characters secret for the Wii U version, since they both have the same roster and the ESRB would still need to evaluate it.

6) Just because you think the CSS 'looks funny', that doesn't mean anything. The CSS goes in a perfectly logical order, it not fitting in with your preconception is not evidence of anything.

7) You really think Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, and/or the Chorus Men are in the game, only because some flimsy bandwagon leak said so, and it's just a coincidence that there isn't a single shred of evidence in all the ESRB footage to support this like it does for every other single character?
1). The lock on All-Star mode is an indication that all the characters are not unlocked. The mode unlocks when everyone is unlocked.
2). True.
3). Yes they did.
4). Oh well the leak must be fake then. Forget it guys, the entire thing is fake.
5). ESRB doesn't need to evaluate everything.
6). It means more than "nothing". The fact that Shulk is down with the 3rd party characters instead of up on the previous row is extremely poor ordering.
7). The 4chan leak that predates the Ninka leak should be taken into consideration. As I've said, the ESRB is NOT shown the full product.

Last edited:

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
Wouldn't that mean N3DS couldn't play with 3DS players? After all, the regular 3DS would need to have the data and capability of displaying anything the N3DS does in multiplayer mode.
A fair point, but so long as the old models only had to receive the data rather than compute it themselves, that should still be possible.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
A fair point, but so long as it only had to receive the data rather than compute it themselves, that should still be possible.
I still think that would not be possible, because a person with a normal 3DS playing against IC would still have to render them and process all animations/moves/etc.

Preposterous Whitey

Smash Rookie
NNID
doctorhair
3DS FC
2921-9081-1891
I still think that would not be possible, because a person with a normal 3DS playing against IC would still have to render them and process all animations/moves/etc.
Right, and a free update could provide them with a data to do that, like is done in most fighting games that have DLC. But the prevailing theory on why the IC would cause difficulties is due to the extra strain of actually computing their separate moves and such due to processing the extra AI. As long as the host system, an N3DS, was doing the actual computational end of that, it shouldn't be too hard for the other systems to just display the information sent to them by that system.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
1). The lock on All-Star mode is an indication that all the characters are not unlocked. The mode unlocks when everyone is unlocked.
2). True.
3). Yes they did.
4). Oh well the leak must be fake then. Forget it guys, the entire thing is fake.
5). ESRB doesn't need to evaluate everything.
6). It means more than "nothing". The fact that Shulk is down with the 3rd party characters instead of up on the previous row is extremely poor ordering.
7). The 4chan leak that predates the Ninka leak should be taken into consideration. As I've said, the ESRB is NOT shown the full product.
1) No, I'm saying the picture with the lock on it may have been taken early on and the picture of the CSS might be from later. Or it could be a debug mode. The lock doesn't necessarily mean anything.

3) No, they didn't. Look it up. Not to mention it doesn't even make sense. All they had was a video, not the game, so it wouldn't even make sense for them to "say we haven't unlocked everything".

4) All they had is some pics and video. They had no actual information about the game and they lied multiple times about it.

7) So then: it must just be a complete coincidence that any footage related to characters from someone jumping on the leak after the fact is notably absent and footage of characters confirmed in the trustworthy leak that came first are all completely confirmed?

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
The ESRB asks for descriptions of and/or videos of content that could contribute to them slapping on content descriptors - (i.e. things that might make them slap on suggestive content, or mild violence, or mild language, etc.)

They do also play the games after their release, to ensure they were given enough information and that the company didn't withhold any information that could lead to a new content descriptor or a more "intense" one (going from suggestive content to sexual content, or cartoon violence to just 'violence,' etc.)

If Nintendo thought they showed enough that the ESRB could put all the appropriate content descriptors in, they don't need to show them more, so it is possible they weren't shown every character in the video. It's possible Nintendo thought "we've shown them battles with humanoid characters wielding realistic weapons as well as cute characters with cartoony characters (ala bowser jr), so that's enough for them to decide if they want to go with 'cartoon violence' or 'mild violence,' and we don't believe there is anything more objectionable, so there's nothing else to show"

I'm not sure what content descriptor would get added or modified upon showing them any other speculated character, so there's probably not a lot of need to show them.

I'm not saying that there are definitely more characters, or that Nintendo wouldn't show them all the characters at some point, I'm just saying they don't technically "have" to by ESRB's rating process guidelines.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Right, and a free update could provide them with a data to do that, like is done in most fighting games that have DLC. But the prevailing theory on why the IC would cause difficulties is due to the extra strain of actually computing their separate moves and such due to processing the extra AI. As long as the host system, an N3DS, was doing the actual computational end of that, it shouldn't be too hard for the other systems to just display the information sent to them by that system.
That...could work I guess.

But I still think that, if a update would be necessary in the normal 3DSs anyways, it would have been better them to find a way for IC to work normally in it on first place (Nana being 30fps, no 3D, etc).

I don't seem them doing different rosters of the same game just because N3DS are more potent. That's why they are doing full games only for it, and not cross-plataforms.

Of course I could be wrong, the N3DS is a bad idea to begin with in my opinion...

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i think that, if theres some new3ds exclusive things itd be kinda a **** move from ninendo because then we'd HAVE to buy a new3ds to play sm4sh to the fullest extent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom