• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Pretty sure I'm more excited about Dark Pit than most people around... With all the options he could have from Uprising, I think he could be pretty darn interesting and less clone-like than people seem to expect.

Like I could see him being developed as a response to the "Which of Pit's moves can we replace with Uprising stuff?" discussion. I hope this is the case. In game, his signature weapon is the staff, which is a sniping rifle-like weapon.

Completely free of sarcasm, I'm ecstatic about the leaked roster, even if it is final (which I CERTAINLY don't expect, considering how Nintendo has been handling DLC in their recent games).

I feel like this game is going to be a breath of fresh air for the Smash community, and I'm not sure I could be more excited for that.

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
Pretty sure I'm more excited about Dark Pit than most people around... With all the options he could have from Uprising, I think he could be pretty darn interesting and less clone-like than people seem to expect.

Like I could see him being developed as a response to the "Which of Pit's moves can we replace with Uprising stuff?" discussion. I hope this is the case. In game, his signature weapon is the staff, which is a sniping rifle-like weapon.

Completely free of sarcasm, I'm ecstatic about the leaked roster, even if it is final (which I CERTAINLY don't expect, considering how Nintendo has been handling DLC in their recent games).

I feel like this game is going to be a breath of fresh air for the Smash community, and I'm not sure I could be more excited for that.
I'm really happy with the roster too, but Ice Climbers, Lucas and CHORUS KIDS would be great. Though if it's final, I'll be playing Robin a lot instead :3

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
The Japanese release of Smash Bros. 3DS is getting closer, just 9 more days to go.

From what I saw on today's POTD, "Run!" from Smash Run looks like a fun mode to play, keep up the good work Sakurai and Dev. team.

I know this might be off topic, but just like being excited about the release of Smash Bros. 3DS, I'm also excited for the release of Hyrule Warriors, at least I can play as Ghirahim on there. =)

Last edited:

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet

There was not a bit of sarcasm in my post if you were directing that commet toward me. Im being serious. I Like any option they go with becaus at the end I know its going to be a great game bias aisde. The rosters awsome and if I was a women in white gloves Sakurai could sell me a ketchup popsicle anytime;]

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Japanese release of Smash Bros. 3DS is getting closer, just 9 more days to go.

From what I saw on today's POTD, "Run!" from Smash Run looks like a fun mode to play, keep up the good work Sakurai and Dev. team.

I know this might be off topic, but just like being excited about the release of Smash Bros. 3DS, I'm also excited for the release of Hyrule Warriors, at least I can play as Ghirahim on there. =)

Actually it's 8 days ( and 1 1/2 hours)

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I'm hoping Dark Pit will be unique enough to not be a clone..despite being pretty much a literal "clone" of Pit in Uprising. Most likely similar move sets, but there are plenty of different weapons in Uprising, hopefully Dark Pit will make use of some of the weapons Pit doesn't use to make him a little different.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
I'm really happy with the roster too, but Ice Climbers, Lucas and CHORUS KIDS would be great. Though if it's final, I'll be playing Robin a lot instead :3
And it will still be amazing if no other characters get in. At this point im just fueled with spite for the shear fact that to some, if that "Cetrtain" character does not make it it will somehow be less of a masterpiece. At least my Duck Hunts in... Awsome

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
Figured almost 300 pages into watching a thread grow I should stop lurking and join!

Thoughts from somewhat of an outsider as far as this thread is concerned:

The Roster:Roster looks great even without any surprise additions but those would be welcomed too! I'd love for 5 more of any characters to make it in honestly, but admittedly I'm rooting for Ridley (never even played a game with him in it but the idea of him is great) and Mewtwo for being the most recognizable powerhouse in the Pokemon series. Shout outs to more DK reps for being a current and viable series that could use more representation (either Dixie or King K Rool), Impa for being a great cornerstone of Zelda's history but most importantly the one who molded Sheik! Tiny sliver of hope for Rayman still! Who knows?!??!!

On Clones: "Clones" make sense time saving wise, but admittedly my only confusion would be cutting old clones and of course the idea that possibly all of the clones added in could have been effort pooled together to make a new character but we don't really know how exactly that process worked.

On leaks: Seems backwards how people both passionately loved and hated the various leakers. Off with his head to the leaker who gave more information than anyone with pictures and videos, but we cherish the text based leakers that get things right? This double standard confused me, different opinions from different people of course but to even get wrapped up in the leak scene makes one a consumer of their illicit goods in the first place justifying their desire to leak information and gain attention. Just social commentary on my part.

DLC: Very possible that DLC was mentioned to not be in progress until the game was finalized, but for people to outright think that it's a viable and likely option at this stage in the game is silly. I have no issues with DLC characters being added post release. Sakurai deserves to develop this game until Smash 4 is everything he wanted it to be!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If that's the Final Roster, it's disappointing. 4 FE reps, with 0 additions to Zelda, DK, Metroid or Kirby; Ice Climbers gone; Wolf and Lucas cut; Squirtle replaced, Ivysaur forgotten. 2 additions to Mario with an additional Mario character returning. It's just disappointing to see if that's how the final thing shapes up. It could never be considered to me, and probably a lot of others "the most beloved roster" or "#1 character game of all time" if that's all there is when there's so much missing in terms of what fans want and have been asking for for years.

Last edited:

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
You know what the big kicker is, people complaining about the leaker spoiling things when these said people were viewing such material anyway.lol But If sakurai dropped the info it would have mde the spoil ok and these same people will be looking for spoils when it hits Japan go figure that one out. The leaker should not be sued if anything commended. After all he did put SSB on a pedastil 100 ft. in the air for everyone to see. Talk about creating buzz for a game.

If that's the Final Roster, it's disappointing. 4 FE reps, with 0 additions to Zelda, DK, Metroid or Kirby; Ice Climbers gone; Wolf and Lucas cut; Squirtle replaced, Ivysaur forgotten. 2 additions to Mario with an additional Mario character returning. It's just disappointing to see if that's how the final thing shapes up. It could never be considered to me, and probably a lot of others "the most beloved roster" or "#1 character game of all time" if that's all there is when there's so much missing in terms of what fans want and have been asking for for years.
You talk to any good game dev and they will tell you. When making a game you aim to plzzz yourself first and the fans second. If not you end up making something your not happy with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
nope but have helped work on them... Im not much of a programer But I do excell in animation and sound and with 24 years of gaming under my belt im pretty sure I know whats good and whats not.FACE

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Have you ever made a game before?
Any reason for this question, other than to just demean him? I personally have heard similar statements made by a handful of devs, and it passes the logic test, so I don't see why you're picking at him.

There was not a bit of sarcasm in my post if you were directing that commet toward me. Im being serious. I Like any option they go with becaus at the end I know its going to be a great game bias aisde. The rosters awsome and if I was a women in white gloves Sakurai could sell me a ketchup popsicle anytime;]
My comment was just stating that I was not being sarcastic (because 95% of the internet is). had nothing pointed at you.

On topic: So I just researched the dark pit staff idea and sure enough, he's holding it in his char pick. Nothing else makes sense. Lezgo sniper pit.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
As I said I don't believe the roster is final but even if it is, I still think it is pretty good. I mean there is only 3 clones out of a roster that big, that is crazy.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Any reason for this question, other than to just demean him? I personally have heard similar statements made by a handful of devs, and it passes the logic test, so I don't see why you're picking at him.
How could you construe a simple question like that as an attempt to be demeaning? He speaks as if he has knowledge of the game industry, so I was curious to know if he had worked on a game. Get a grip.

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet
And it will still be amazing if no other characters get in. At this point im just fueled with spite for the shear fact that to some, if that "Cetrtain" character does not make it it will somehow be less of a masterpiece. At least my Duck Hunts in... Awsome
Just going to remind you that saying this roster is 'amazing' is subjective and depends on the person. You obviously adore it because DHD is in, I'm happy with Robin mostly, just want Chorus Kids to make it sparkly perfect to me :D Some people aren't going to like the roster though, and those are valid opinions too. Opinions are opinions after all, not facts.

Luigi-man

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yassinius
3DS FC
5284-1979-1070
You know what the big kicker is, people complaining about the leaker spoiling things when these said people were viewing such material anyway.
It's the internet, so avoiding spoilers is almost impossible.

Wolf is not a clone.
Wolf is a semi-clone of Fox. A lot of his moves are tweaked a lot, so that makes him feel more different than Fox and Falco.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As I said I don't believe the roster is final but even if it is, I still think it is pretty good. I mean there is only 3 clones out of a roster that big, that is crazy.
As long as we get one from the big 3, I won't complain. But if we don't get any of them....Sakurai is nuts. Just saying....he should consider the fan's most requested characters before any other new additions.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
As long as we get one from the big 3, I won't complain. But if we don't get any of them....Sakurai is nuts. Just saying....he should consider the fan's most requested characters before any other new additions.
Yeah I said I expect 2 of them, but I just can't see Sakurai not include at least 1.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
Just going to remind you that saying this roster is 'amazing' is subjective and depends on the person. You obviously adore it because DHD is in, I'm happy with Robin mostly, just want Chorus Kids to make it sparkly perfect to me :D Some people aren't going to like the roster though, and those are valid opinions too. Opinions are opinions after all, not facts.
Your right it is subjective but thats the whole point just because a character YOU want is not in does not take away from the fact that its going to be the best game in thseries. Yeah look at my name take a gander at when Imade this account. The fact is I have been anticipating this game since it was first announced. I could care less which characters were in...I knew this would be an amazing game 3 years ago because sakurai and his team r the ish. They realize its about pleasing themselves not the few hundred butt hurt fanboys. A nd that my friend is what being a gamers all about...Mad respecet for Phill Fish

Mod Aure

Smash Cadet

Wolf is a semi-clone of Fox. A lot of his moves are tweaked a lot, so that makes him feel more different than Fox and Falco.
I guess the point was "Don't look up spoilers if you didn't want to be spoilt", but that's not such a great point since spoilers for a game like this tends to spread like wildfire. Y'know, unless you'd want to not use the internet at all.

And Wolf is a semi-clone, there's no denying this. Fox was used as a base for Wolf. That said, a base is a base, so he plays very differently to the Star Fox pair.

Your right it is subjective but thats the whole point just because a character YOU want is not in does not take away from the fact that its going to be the best game in thseries. Yeah look at my name take a gander at when Imade this account. The fact is I have been anticipating this game since it was first announced. I could care less which characters were in...I knew this would be an amazing game 3 years ago because sakurai and his team r the ish. They realize its about pleasing themselves not the few hundred butt hurt fanboys. A nd that my friend is what being a gamers all about...Mad respecet for Phill Fish
Unless the game turns out the same way that Brawl did after Melee (aka the competitive folks hate it), but I doubt that. :p

I agree that making a game is usually for the game maker's satisfaction (if you don't count being paid too), but part of what makes a game great is how well-loved it is by the people who play it. The opinion of the players matter too, since they're the final jury of the 'greatness' of the game. Though some people seem to feel like their opinions on the roster is SO important that Sakurai has to listen to them....

At any rate, I'm so excited about the final roster confirmation coming soon. I feel like another leek will happen soon, around 3 days before the JP release. Here's to Chorus Kids ;__;

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, according to me this roster is a bit meh, it has started with an awesome cast (rosalina, little mac, palutena, robin, lucina, megaman, greninja) but it seems(if the leak is a final roster) the end is pretty poor, seriously dr mario and bowser jr? why bring an old "alt" of mario and another mario rep? Rosalina is good enough, takes mewtwo for a good veteran and he's not a clone... Why cut wolf and lucas for these characters? all of this has deflated my hype for this new smash brother, but I still have a hope for another zelda rep and metroid(according to some theory), and if the last character is that DHD, it's pretty sad to end a game like this...

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I must say though, the fan's most requested characters in west right?

Of couse our type of fanbase should be taken in consideration, as it was when Little Mac was added, but I'm sure many people in Japan are cool that none of those 3 are in. Maybe not with mewtwo, I'm not sure.

I know it sucks that we don't get some characters we want, but we almost always forget Megaman. Really, he was one of the most requested, both west and east.

Sakurai probaly puts is head in the pillow at night happy that he added what we wanted, but not all what we wanted.

Last edited:

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet

so use that common sense your mother gave you and stay off lol. Nobody said they had to poke around forums and miiverse. It is the internet remember.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I must say though, the fan's most requested characters in west right?

Of couse our type of fanbase should be taken in consideration, as it was when Little Mac was added, but I'm sure many people in Japan are cool that none of those 3 are in. Maybe not with mewtwo, I'm not sure.

I know it sucks that we don't get some characters we want, but we almost always forget Megaman. Really, he was one of the most requested, both west and east.

Sakurai probaly puts is head in the pillow at night happy that he added what we wanted, but not all what we wanted.
Mewtwo and Ridley were more requested then Mega Man and Little Mac. lol

Last edited:

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
Exactly, according to me this roster is a bit meh, it has started with an awesome cast (rosalina, little mac, palutena, robin, lucina, megaman, greninja) but it seems(if the leak is a final roster) the end is pretty poor, seriously dr mario and bowser jr? why bring an old "alt" of mario and another mario rep? Rosalina is good enough, takes mewtwo for a good veteran and he's not a clone... Why cut wolf and lucas for these characters? all of this has deflated my hype for this new smash brother, but I still have a hope for another zelda rep and metroid(according to some theory), and if the last character is that DHD, it's pretty sad to end a game like this...
And yet your still going to throw 40- 60cdollars at them...so in the end why supportspomething you think is meh?

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Mewtwo more than Megaman? I'm not sure about that... After Sonic in Brawl, and the hope of 3rd parties in smash, Megaman became a very requested character wordwide.

I agree with Little Mac, he's the kind of character that nobody really wanted until we had it.

But Ridley is purely west fanbase. Again, I'm not saying that this is reason for not add him. But this must be made clear. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I hate the use of 'the big 3’ or 'the hype 3', because it's all so subjective. These are the big 3 since what, Mega Man was revealed? Or maybe the Gematsu leak? I remember Sakurai saying in an interview that Mega Man was the most requested character...so there...you got one of the big 3. Sakurai does listen to you.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo more than Megaman? I'm not sure about that... After Sonic in Brawl, and the hope of 3rd parties in smash, Megaman became a very requested character wordwide.

I agree with Little Mac, he's the kind of character that nobody really wanted until we had it.

But Ridley is purely west fanbase. Again, I'm not saying that this is reason for not add him. But this must be made clear. :upsidedown:
Sonic was more requested then Mewtwo ever was.
But Megaman has never been requested as much as Mewtwo.

Last edited:

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
And yet your still going to throw 40- 60cdollars at them...so in the end why supportspomething you think is meh?
Because smash bros is not just about characters, but the gameplay in this franchise is pretty rare and outstanding. I used to play falco and sheik so that's not a problem to me, but for metroid fans, I think they can have another symbolical character. Instead of cut characters from franchises which have a lot of them (mario), he has chosen to cut franchises which have few characters(or just one), I find this really unfair.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet

I Have been waiting for anything with little mac in it for a long time probably since the ds first came out before that less than stellar wii punch out dropped. Hopefully they go back to his roots. In the end I guess ill be really happy. Greninja bjr. Charizard on his own Little Mac Mega Man Duck Hunt...only soo many awsome characters can get in.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Actually, Mega Man was more requested than Ridley. Not sure about Little Mac. Mewtwo is the most requested character worldwide.

I hate the use of 'the big 3’ or 'the hype 3', because it's all so subjective. These are the big 3 since what, Mega Man was revealed? Or maybe the Gematsu leak? I remember Sakurai saying in an interview that Mega Man was the most requested character...so there...you got one of the big 3. Sakurai does listen to you.
Well, he has added four out of the seven most requested characters around the world (Palutena, Shulk, Little Mac and Mega Man). The only ones left to add are Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool, hence the name "Hype Three".

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been really hoping that we don't have the final roster and we are getting a few more.

But really, I'm already about 10 mains deep... I don't think I can complain. I did lose my most requested, Ghirahim, but, I'll survive.

I think it's just really Ridley that I want to know about. Because I have felt to be teased ad not having his status confirmed or so long.

But no matter what happens, I can't hold all of these mains!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So this thread has definitely strayed so far away from it's purpose to discuss the leaked roster/stages we got over 2 weeks ago...

Little of this page's discussion is actually relevant, and it's been that way on every visit I've made... at this stage I'd rather not throw out warnings/infracting because it's been left to degrade to that point already.

This wasn't meant to be a general discussion of the roster, we literally have a thread for that purpose already, http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464

We know the leak is real. We know there's likely more characters to come. Keep other leak discussions to the leak groups.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wow. 300 users & guests viewing this thread. It's hard to believe it's been over four years.

Whatever happens tomorrow during the Direct, please remember to hype responsibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom