• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
That's awesome that the leak is real. But I feel sorry for Nintendo and also it means the reaction videos wont be as good or many for the new characters in the leak.

But MEWTWO and ICE CLIMBERS has to be in the game! PLEASE do not **** this up Sakurai! You've had years to get them in the game, they are a priority! Until I see them I can't say I'm happy with the roster, it's still amazing, but if it's missing two key characters then it's just not right...

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Shulk's trailer was pretty cool. I get the feeling he is going to be pretty OP in the right hands. It's crazy how he can change his monado to become a tank, a speedy character, powerful, etc. I'm curious to see how Shulk mains will manage them, and what'll be considered the correct monado answer for certain character/situations.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
But MEWTWO and ICE CLIMBERS has to be in the game! PLEASE do not **** this up Sakurai! You've had years to get them in the game, they are a priority! Until I see them I can't say I'm happy with the roster, it's still amazing, but if it's missing two key characters then it's just not right...
Ice climbers return...but not nana. She's an alt costume. Sopo buffed and given a new recovery with a condor.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Guys I'm still not sure if the leak is real...

... I kid, I kid. Well, might as well start opening the Junior, DHD, Dark Pit and Doc character subforums.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
That fake pic is most likely the final roster though, also is anybody else still saying this leak is fake?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Shulk's trailer was pretty cool. I get the feeling he is going to be pretty OP in the right hands. It's crazy how he can change his monado to become a tank, a speedy character, powerful, etc. I'm curious to see how Shulk mains will manage them, and what'll be considered the correct monado answer for certain character/situations.
i think shield might be a go to while building percent, then switch to smash to finish the job

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
oh here is something, the newest commercial that was posted in this thread says that the game has over 40 characters. It might be a sign that the roster does not reach 50 characters

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
Hm, there's something else that has me confused.
Ridley, Mewtwo, etc are fan-favorite characters, all of them. Doesn't it seem a biiit too good to be true that they're all going to be in the game together playable?
Besides, if they truly are all playable, then why were they not leaked in the pictures? Did the leaker just not want to show off the two most fan-requested characters in the roster?
Yeah it's possible, but it seems a bit too weird.
I think that the leaked picture is all that there is on the 3DS version to start.

D

Deleted member

oh here is something, the newest commercial that was posted in this thread says that the game has over 40 characters. It might be a sign that the roster does not reach 50 characters
or they don't want to tell us it reaches 50 to keep them secret.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's probably already been said, but I find it amusing that the English title for the trailer was "Looks Like We Don't Have A Choice."

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
or they don't want to tell us it reaches 50 to keep them secret.
sure but its its a possibility, im not going to expect 50 because of it but it will be a nice surprise.
It's probably already been said, but I find it amusing that the English title for the trailer was "Looks Like We Don't Have A Choice."
its a double reference

http://i.gyazo.com/34bb0668289b22466105574e41970435.png
it looks like all star mode is being set up for you to fight people in order of release, if this is true it looks like ridley is not playable

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Probably just a guess based off of the leak that said DHD, Bowser Jr, Shulk were in plus Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo and Dixie. The fake screenshot simply adds Wolf to make everything fit nicely.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
sure but its its a possibility, im not going to expect 50 because of it but it will be a nice surprise.

its a double reference

it looks like all star mode is being set up for you to fight people in order of release, if this is true it looks like ridley is not playable
Um, you do realize that Pit, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus....and possibly Ridley are missing from that right? They all appeared in the same year.
It, by no means, disconfirms him.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

its a double reference

But Zero Suit Samus isn't there either... But I GUESS you can argue she came later? Still Ridely could be next

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Hey guys excuse me if this was already posted. I just saw it posted over at Zelda Informer. Could be a good shop but haven't really analyzed it yet.
View attachment 23415
Don't get me wrong I don't know what to believe with this and I'm on the defensive. But I did notice one thing and I'm not sure if it's cause of a lighting or something.

But toon link. I'm guessing the Player button thing is over him but if you look at the color of his background (the parts not covered by the button) it looks yellow while in the real leak it is light green. Again I'm not 100% sure if this proves anything cause it could be some sort of lighting problem but just wanted to throw that out there.

Twewy

Smash Lord
To those who said that Shulk's art was recolored Little Mac, who said the leaked gameplay was just modded Brawl, and to those who called people who believed in the leak idiots:

enjoy my good friend shulk ;)

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

its a double reference

The commercial isn't showing unrevealed characters on it, I think. Wouldn't ROB be on it otherwise?

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
An advert would NOT show off unconfirmed fighters.....
You're right, so if Ridley was there, they wouldn't have shown it. I really wanted Ridley, but I think it's over.
"Over 40 characters". We have 49 if you include Miis... Yeah, the leaked roster seems final.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I admit i had my doubt when I first saw the leak. I couldn't beleive dr mario, and the placment seemed wrong.

But after those videos I was convienced at least shulk and bowser jr were real. and then after more pics I assumed it all was. Today just confirms it.

So all that is left is the rest of the roster right? Whats the most common suggestions? Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo, and CHorus Kids(or some sort of RH rep)? I hear a few people say Impa and Mach Rider as well.

I do hope we get Lucas, Wolf, and ice CLimbers eventually, maybe as DLC(preferably free) I assume those 3 were cut due to time, like Mewtwo was in brawl.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that. The quality of the video itself was not nearly as astounding as some of the others.
...it was still cool though, just....yeah.
You guys really think they put a cinematic together in like a week...? =_= Not every character has a giant 5 minute long cinematic. Pac-man only had CGI at the end of his trailer with Game and Watch for example. The rest of it was in-game footage.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
You're right, so if Ridley was there, they wouldn't have shown it. I really wanted Ridley, but I think it's over.
"Over 40 characters". We have 49 if you include Miis... Yeah, the leaked roster seems final.
We know for a fact the roster isn't final though. All star mode was locked in that one screenshot, and that Character select screen has a very odd set up and placement for a final roster.

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728
They're saying over 40 characters because the roster as of right now has 40. They're not gonna say "OVER 50 NEW CHARACTERS" It would make no sense. Besides, they probably want to keep some characters hidden anyway.

Last edited:

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
We know for a fact the roster isn't final though. All star mode was locked in that one screenshot, and that Character select screen has a very odd set up and placement for a final roster.
I will be happy if I am proven wrong. But I don't think the roster placement is as random as some people say. It's ordered by release of multi-rep series, single-rep series, 3rd party series, etc. as others have already pointed out.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The leaker himself said this wasn't the full roster. Also the fact that All-Star Mode was locked.

And... 53 characters is also "over 40 characters". They said over 40 characters because we happen to have exactly 40 characters officially revealed (counting the different Miis). They don't want to spoil how many characters there are.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I will be happy if I am proven wrong. But I don't think the roster placement is as random as some people say. It's ordered by release of multi-rep series, single-rep series, 3rd party series, etc. as others have already pointed out.
But Yoshi is in the middle of mario, even though he is his own series, and the 3 clones are off in their little corner. Plus, the buttom 2 rows don't match up, You may make an argument for the bottom row but why would the second to last row be 1 less then the rest?

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Probably just a guess based off of the leak that said DHD, Bowser Jr, Shulk were in plus Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo and Dixie. The fake screenshot simply adds Wolf to make everything fit nicely.
I thought the leaker that mentioned Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo and Dixie was a phony? Or that it wasn't the initial leaker who leaked The CSS?
I'll would just ignore any text leak without video proof , it gets too confusing.
Regarding the All Star picture, it doesn't disconfirm Ridley, Ganondorf is absent from the Zelda cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom