• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Let's just hope that the leak wasn't the full roster because Shulk's render at least confirms that the leak is real.

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
I don't think it's so much that anyone's against the theory, we just have absolutely no evidence that that will be the case. This leaked roster seems fairly self-contained. That doesn't mean what you described would be impossible, but neither is it particularly likely.
I really like the roster, but for some reason it just doesn't seem complete to me... There's room left for more characters, and the people who leaked images seemed to think it wasn't the final roster. Then there's the fact that All-Star mode is locked, and while they would have to show all the characters in the game to the ESRB, maybe they actually did show all available on the cartridge even though more could appear later, either by that Wii U connectivity or DLC...

Oh yeah, then there's the fact that the ordering CLEARLY looks like it did in Melee and Brawl when you still have chars. to unlock. It often kinda makes sense (clones lumped together, Mario related series, etc.) It just doesn't have the neat Sakurai OCD yet. Yoshi wouldn't be in the middle of Mario characters, G&W is by Wario, Lucina's not with FE, Doc. not with the rest of the Mushroom clan, etc. Those things usually get fixed once every single character is unlocked, but since we know the leaked CSS is real, the last question is would the final character ordering look like that?

There has to be more. They'd be silly not to give you incentive to buy BOTH versions, right? ...but maybe i'm just a dreamer...

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Hey guys excuse me if this was already posted. I just saw it posted over at Zelda Informer. Could be a good shop but haven't really analyzed it yet.
original.jpg

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hey guys excuse me if this was already posted. I just saw it posted over at Zelda Informer. Could be a good shop but haven't really analyzed it yet.
View attachment 23415
I think I've seen that Dixie image before
Actually I think I've seen all those new images before

Last edited:

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Yeah, I was suspecting a shop. I thought I would post it though. Just in case.

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Guys, look through this video for a sec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeOylQYkuU
On the single-player menu, all star mode isn't there.
That means the leak had all the characters.
Nope, the pic with the Master hand and Mario is the Solo menu, the video never went into Solo. The leak had the screen they showed in the trailer:
Sorry for the language.

Last edited:

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
oh whoops. sorry bout that.
I still think it's weird that all-star would be right on the menu like that, though, without popping up after being unlocked.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have said this for a while, but I am convinced Sakurai knew that there would be a leak. It is pretty insane to think he would not plan on a leak, actually.

Well, he changed his entire marketing plan this time, hell, the game, around spoilers this time, with SSE cut scenes completely overthrown for movies to introduce characters being a major ploy.
He has had the market strategy planned out from the beginning here, when it comes to reveals (slated many times to have had them completely decided on from day when).

Call me crazy, but, if he knew the likelihood of a leak, and the above facts being true, he would have had to have accounted for how to plan it in.

That said, he put no time into a Shulk reveal, because we all knew that Shulk would be in, and this (just like the two PotD's we saw earlier this week) were just confirming the leak (until he deviates from it perhaps). It is clear this video was the worst.

oh whoops. sorry bout that.
I still think it's weird that all-star would be right on the menu like that, though, without popping up after being unlocked.
Don't worry man! :)

Some people has theorized that all star is shown but locked because the 3DS version might not have as many solo modes (perhaps no adventure mode) as the Wii U version so they added all star to beef up the screen since Classic mode and training wouldn't be the only modes.

I have said this for a while, but I am convinced Sakurai knew that there would be a leak. It is pretty insane to think he would not plan on a leak, actually.

Well, he changed his entire marketing plan this time, hell, the game, around spoilers this time, with SSE cut scenes completely overthrown for movies to introduce characters being a major ploy.
He has had the market strategy planned out from the beginning here, when it comes to reveals (slated many times to have had them completely decided on from day when).

Call me crazy, but, if he knew the likelihood of a leak, and the above facts being true, he would have had to have accounted for how to plan it in.

That said, he put no time into a Shulk reveal, because we all knew that Shulk would be in, and this (just like the two PotD's we saw earlier this week) were just confirming the leak (until he deviates from it perhaps). It is clear this video was the worst.
That title for Shulk's reveal video was pretty funny: "Looks like we don't have a choice".

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I noticed that. The quality of the video itself was not nearly as astounding as some of the others.
...it was still cool though, just....yeah.

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Hm, there's something else that has me confused.
Ridley, Mewtwo, etc are fan-favorite characters, all of them. Doesn't it seem a biiit too good to be true that they're all going to be in the game together playable?
Besides, if they truly are all playable, then why were they not leaked in the pictures? Did the leaker just not want to show off the two most fan-requested characters in the roster?
Yeah it's possible, but it seems a bit too weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom