• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Did all of the previous character reveals have Sakurai announce them beforehand? As in "character reveal tomorrow"? I remember we got a notification before the Robin/Lucina trailer
That was the only one where he did that, actually. Nintendo in general announced there would be at least one at E3... We got 3 there. They've mostly shown up in general presentations and Nintendo Directs.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Did all of the previous character reveals have Sakurai announce them beforehand? As in "character reveal tomorrow"? I remember we got a notification before the Robin/Lucina trailer
Not that I know. I think the Robin trailer was the only time he flat out said we were getting a character.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just a funny thing I noticed, but if we take all the unannounced characters from this leak, minus Wario, and all the 3rd parties too we'd end up with 14 unlockables, the same number as Brawl's unlockables. Of course that'd mean no newcomer from here on until release or make Wario unlockable, both which are unlikely imo, and that's assuming we won't have more unlockables than in Brawl to begin with.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
What if the reason the Direct is in Japanese only is that they made it suddenly?

I hope we don't see just an Angry Sakurai that shows us everything.

I wouldn't feel bad, because I didn't spoil it. But I would feel bad for him.
Not likely. These things take a lot of time to make.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Not likely. These things take a lot of time to make.
Also, apart from the fact that it would be unprofessional and Nintendo wouldn't let him. This one is 33 minutes long...

I don't think people would take watching Sakurai scowl for THAT long.

ToonAdri

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Toonadri
sakurai retwets the nintendo direct,most likely to beva character reveal cofcofShulkcofcof

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Holy S*** the amount of hate about the roster IT'S TOO DAMN HIGH. Seriously peoole. Stop whining ungrategul brats. Sakurai its a game design genius and he does everything he can do for the fans. If Ridley or another x or y character its not in the game, there's is a good reason for it. Dont complain, if yoy dont like it, then dont buy it. I'm in this board so i can get information, but jesus... reading trough all this hate and complains makes me angry.

EDit: btw, how can you hate dark pit? You dont even know if he is a clone. And if Sakurai have a bias, well let him, he is the one who make this for you guys.
"Oh no! Not everyone agrees with my opinions!" Get use to it

It's the internet, it's been around for decades, welcome aboard. No one here is an "ungrateful brat" just because they don't praise and worship everything Sakurai touches. We're entitled to our own positive OR/AND negative opinions. Also, don't give anyone the "have a positive approach with your opinion" rubbish because frankly people would overreact either way. If your on these boards for information, be aware that people can also comment their thoughts on that information, which won't always matched up to the yours. Forums are not places exclusively for extremely optimistic people and "information". Please kindly show me where in the Terms and Rules section where it says otherwise .

BTW: Bias has no justification at all. Just because he worked on one game in a recently revived series, doesn't mean that series should get favoritism over the Nintendo "All Stars" AKA the purpose of the series' existence. How is it that Kid Icarus has TWO newcomers, while other Nintendo franchises such as Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox, Zelda, F-Zero, or Mother can barley manage to get one? Kid Icarus Uprising has the most representation in the game, not even the older Kid Icarus games hardly have any recognition. Meanwhile, many long time Smash Bros veteran franchises as well as important parts of Nintendo history will unfortunately be removed in Sm4sh so Sakurai can further advertise a game we worked on. Technically speaking the Clone characters in Smash Bros are just minor additions to the roster that don't cost as much resources as original characters. We don't know what Dark Pit will be. Those resources could have been used to ring back another veteran or fix issues with another veteran.
While I don't hate Dark Pit as a character or even a fighter, is he what you would call an Nintendo "All-Star"? I would rather have one more returning fighter than a clone newcomer.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Yep it's real. Got this off the official site

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Anyone who dare to claim the leak is fake after Shulk's trailer deserves to be slapped on the face.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'd like to see someone still think this leak is fake after he looks exactly like he did in the leaked gameplay footage. Now the only question is about the leak tied to it that explained how Bowser Jr. would fight and such and if that means our last 4 newcomers will be Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Yeah yeah I totally called it. He looks...not that great tbh. I just look forward to the music lol. Back to sleep now!

[Oh, who was talking in the shadows at the end?]

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I missed the first couple of minutes so I have a question: Did Shulk have his own character trailer like the rest of the newcomers? If so, I have to stay up even later just to watch it >.<

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I missed the first couple of minutes so I have a question: Did Shulk have his own character trailer like the rest of the newcomers? If so, I have to stay up even later just to watch it >.<
Yep. He did. It was pretty fun. No other reveals in it though... Unless that other guy from his game is an assist trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom