• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This week was one of the most boring and underwhelming weeks in terms of PotD's.
That's Sakurai's way of answering the leak.

"You want confirmation? Here's a bunch of other information [that is honestly interesting] you don't care about."

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
nah the perfect roster would have Rayman in it.
(I know he's probably dead but I can dream okay? ;~; )

Last edited:

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
I'm not too hung up about the lack of big news in August (at least, big news direct from the Smash dev team themselves), considering how close the game is to finally coming out. Barely more than a month, for those of us in NA... and half that for Japan. That's pretty exciting unto itself, and we have at least two more weeks' worth of PotDs to go before the game comes out.

Anything can happen, really, to say nothing of what might show up in a few hours (although I won't be too upset if it highlights games other than Smash - Smash is not the only game in Nintendo's lineup).

At risk of not contributing anything new compared to what's been said, this week's PotDs appear to mostly confirm a lot of the leak screenshots we got to see. That's more than good enough for me, and I like looking at the little touches put on display with the menu designs and such. The little touches are what make Smash great (or hilarious, in the case of little errors).

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I think this roster is amazing.

Seriously guys, stop and think. We got:

Little Mac
Villager
Rosalina.
Bowser Jr.
Charizard as his own character!
Greninja!
Instead of Chrom we got friggin' Robin AND Lucina!
We got MEGA MAN AND PAC-MAN.
SHULK!
THE FRIGGIN' DUCK HUNT DOG.

Not to mention a ton of the Veterans we all know and love.

It's already incredible we have a fighting game where Pikachu can duke it out with Samus Aran, this roster I think has gone above and beyond what a lot of us expected already.

Little Mac: Best addition next to Robin.
Villager: Meh. Never liked AC. Also, they kind of look like Miis.
Rosalina: Meh. Not a bad Mario addition.
Bowser Jr: Meh. I like his Clown Cart thing though. Character himself is ok.
Charizard: Meh. Didn't like him in Brawl much. And I prefer Mewtwo for "most popular Gen 1"
Greninja: 3rd best addition next to Little Mac and Robin
Robin and Lucina: Very much agree! Actually, I don't care about Lucina at all. But she is the best clone...clone wise.
Shulk: Meh. Honestly, never played Xenoblade, can't say much about the character. But, I LOVE the music I hear on Youtube. Literally the only reason I like his addition lol.
Duck Hunt: Great retro rep!

Ok, I may as well do the rest of the newcomers while I'm here.

Wii Fit Trainer: Neat addition. Personality/character wise, they are terrible, but I'm bias because my physique is similar to the male WFT and I'm a fitness freak [Yeah yeah no one will believe me...]
Dark Pit: Lol. Worst newcomer yet. No more needs to be said.
Palutena: Good addition, hate the way she's executed with 12 specials. Why not just give her a standard 4 like everyone else? Kind of ruined her for me.
Mii Fighters: Fortunately for them, they were dethroned as worst thanks to DP. They only win over him because their moveset doesn't look too horrible. But they are still eyesores.
Pac Man: Didn't like at first, but very well executed moveset and final smash wise.

Let's see here...6 good newcomers (Robin, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Little Mac, WFT, Pac Man), 5 ok newcomers (Bowser Jr, Shulk, Lucina, Villager, Palutena) and 2 bad (Mii Fighters, Dark Pit). Also one missed wanted character (Mewtwo, unless roster isn't full)

So...yeah. I say 7.5 still as it stands. 8 if Mewtwo is in. Had to knock it down otherwise for clones which I honestly thought we would be free of for the first time sans Toon Link considering every newcomer before Lucina. So close :p.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I want Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo as much as anybody else does (there's still a chance guys, calm down), but I still don't understand how anybody can hate this roster.

Regarding Dark Pit, I can understand why people might dislike him right now (although personally I think it's great to see him, and my girlfriend's gonna flip out when she sees him) but it's not as if he's taking a spot from anybody else.

I think this roster is amazing.

Seriously guys, stop and think. We got:

Little Mac
Villager.
Rosalina.
Bowser Jr.
Charizard as his own character!
Greninja!
Instead of Chrom we got friggin' Robin AND Lucina!
We got MEGA MAN AND PAC-MAN.
SHULK!
THE FRIGGIN' DUCK HUNT DOG.

Not to mention a ton of the Veterans we all know and love.

It's already incredible we have a fighting game where Pikachu can duke it out with Samus Aran, this roster I think has gone above and beyond what a lot of us expected already.
I don't really like heavily praising Sakurai in regards to this roster. Yes this roster is inarguably the best in terms of quantity but let's be honest its heavily coasting off the groundwork done back in Brawl so this roster really isn't that much of a huge deal in the grand scheme of things outside of being Smash Bros and a few A-list newcomers like Mega Man, Pac Man, Villager, and the Miis. I personally see it a problem if Sakurai isn't going out of his way to put in as many hugely requested characters as he can in the game (within reason of course) and is teasing characters who aren't playable when it's all said and done considering this is first and foremost a fanservice game.

Then again, the jump from Melee to Brawl spoiled me.

justinwing6202

Smash Cadet
NNID
justinwing
3DS FC
5026-5310-0665
This leak\roster is perfect for me, there where only three things I wanted, Shulk, Doc and Roy Koopa glad too see that all three will show up playable in someway.
A leaker said that Jr's skins are the koopa kids

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
No Dee, No Sell.

0/100

Just kidding. I would like this roster as well, but would be sad that Bandana Dee isn't in.

Bandana Dee is a co-host in my fanfic if that makes ya feel better :p

But yeah, I wouldn't mind him to fill out the main 4 for Kirby.

Aaaaanyays, betting absolutely anything it's Shulk tomorrow. Gotta cater to the Japanese.

Ness for the veteran also.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
Holy S*** the amount of hate about the roster IT'S TOO DAMN HIGH. Seriously peoole. Stop whining ungrategul brats. Sakurai its a game design genius and he does everything he can do for the fans. If Ridley or another x or y character its not in the game, there's is a good reason for it. Dont complain, if yoy dont like it, then dont buy it. I'm in this board so i can get information, but jesus... reading trough all this hate and complains makes me angry.

EDit: btw, how can you hate dark pit? You dont even know if he is a clone. And if Sakurai have a bias, well let him, he is the one who make this for you guys.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
THIS would be the perfect roster.

I actually prefer the current roster then, if only because you re-added Ice Climbers. Add Snake or Ridley and I might be convinced.

I'm very confused then. Why would they have a nation exclusive announcement?
Marketing stuff? I dunno. I'm not expecting anything big from it at all.

Last edited:

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
I'm very confused then. Why would they have a nation exclusive announcement?
Like I've been saying, I suspect it's because we're gonna get most of this information at Pax Prime's media event tomorrow. So, having an English Nintendo direct would be redundant. Japan isn't gonna necessarily get Pax Prime coverage though. So, they get a Nintendo Direct to cover for it.

Last edited:

Darkcaster95

Smash Rookie
Like I've been saying, I suspect it's because we're gonna get most of this information at Pax Prime's media event tomorrow. So, having an English Nintendo direct would be redundant. Japan isn't gonna necessarily get Pax Prime coverage though. So, they get a Nintendo Direct to cover for it.
That actually makes a lot of sense, and I can see that happening!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Not sure what Europe is gonna do then, but this makes sense.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what Europe is gonna do then, but this makes sense.
Well, I think Nintendo is planning on sites like Gamespot and IGN to do coverage of the event, and, as those are not necessarily US exclusive sites, they're planning on Europe getting the coverage either that way or through another site that reports on it. Either way, I suspect if there's a new trailer, it'll be on Nintendo's page by the end of the day.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Holy S*** the amount of hate about the roster IT'S TOO DAMN HIGH. Seriously peoole. Stop whining ungrategul brats. Sakurai its a game design genius and he does everything he can do for the fans. If Ridley or another x or y character its not in the game, there's is a good reason for it. Dont complain, if yoy dont like it, then dont buy it. I'm in this board so i can get information, but jesus... reading trough all this hate and complains makes me angry.

EDit: btw, how can you hate dark pit? You dont even know if he is a clone. And if Sakurai have a bias, well let him, he is the one who make this for you guys.
I don't get why you feel they need to white knight this roster. It accomplishes exactly as much as the people who complain about it. Not to mention, neither side looks good when they're trying to squelch the opinion of the other over an aspect of a game that's completely subject to personal tastes and preferences. Going on about being thankful (over a product we're expected to pay for) and posting 3rd party group photos with Mario ad nauseam isn't going to change this.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Man I eill

I disagree with this line of thinking. the "whiners" are the ones who often criticize the game for its short comings and do not put Sakurai on too high of a pedestal. When Sakurai says he listens to his fans he is referring to the ones he may have let down in the past just as much as the ones that treat him as a god who can do no wrong. In a crossover fighter of this magnitude the voices of those who feel left out deserve to be addressed just as often as those who would be happy with anything. People who do not offer any criticisms what so ever are doing nothing for the future of the franchise.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
In a crossover fighter of this magnitude the voices of those who feel left out deserve to be addressed just as often as those who would be happy with anything.
One could also argue though that with a fighter of this magnitude, it's also impossible to please everyone to a completely 100% satisfaction. So, some of those complaints are inherently going to be counter-productive to what is good for a different demographic.

Also, most of the complaints about the roster here aren't terribly constructive criticism, by definition. They're just complaints.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Betting absolutely anything it's Shulk tomorrow. Gotta cater to the Japanese.
Ness for the veteran also.
Now i'm imagining an epic fight between Ness and Bowser (with no dialogue) just as Ness is about to gets his breath taken out of him,(you see Shulk's feet running) Shulk then prevents Bowser from K.Oing ness *insert Title card*.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
What if the reason the Direct is in Japanese only is that they made it suddenly?

I hope we don't see just an Angry Sakurai that shows us everything.

I wouldn't feel bad, because I didn't spoil it. But I would feel bad for him.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit afraid we're only setting ourselves up for disappointment. I guess Sakurai retweeting helps but we don't know if we are getting a newcomer for sure. If it was a world wide direct I'd be a lot more confident. Is PAX really that important that we could see a character there? I just feel kinda bad for staying up for this thing and we don't even know if there will be something worth talking about.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for a newcomer trailer later but I was thinking that if Sakurai didn't announced something related to the direct in his POTD, I'm having doubts of a newcomer trailer coming later.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
My curiosity as a whole is keeping me awake so I for one wont be disappointed if there's no character reveal.

DairunCates

Smash Journeyman
Is PAX really that important that we could see a character there?
It's the fastest growing public games tradeshow in the west, and several major announcements have happened there (including bizarrely the resurrection and release date of Duke Nukem Forever after 14 years of nothing). So yeah. It's VERY likely.

Also, Nintendo of America has confirmed a press event for tomorrow. They don't normally do that unless they have something new to show.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Did all of the previous character reveals have Sakurai announce them beforehand? As in "character reveal tomorrow"? I remember we got a notification before the Robin/Lucina trailer

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
I am not expecting a newcomer honestly. would be cool if he showed one though and another one at pax. I am holding out for at least something 'New" that we have not seen any footage of. Rather it be a veteran or a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom