• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Plz stop being in denial. There are way too many things that line up for it not to be an edited Mac pic. Ffs, even Shulks hair curl lines up with Mac's. :I
Yeah no. If you actually look at the pictures there are no similarities, past the eyes. Which are facing the same direction. The transparency is super misleading. It could very well be fake, and I have no points that suggest this is real. If the leaker could fake the renders for Ness and Duck hunt dog that well, then why the hell would they need to use little mac as a base for shulk. That is stupid. I know he looks close to shulk, but shulk is not an edited version of mac, based on what I think, and what I can see.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Well, after reading everyone's impressions, I wouldn't really be surprised either way on the leak (and aside from Lucas' omission and a somewhat excessive Mario representation, I'm totally okay with it myself). The only really suspect things for me are the screenshot with the levels, the inexplicably bad Game & Watch, Ganondorf, and Wario renders (pupilless or otherwise), and the fact that the purported DLC includes a third-party rep and the Chorus Kids (I can't imagine how the DLC would be known by someone at ESRB anyhow). I don't think the Tomodachi Life screenshot insta-confirms it (especially given its blurriness), but it is worthy of some consideration if it was indeed previously unconfirmed.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Even if it is fake it's kind of ridiculous that people say it's fake only based on the little mac comparison gifs. His face is far from exact.
Thanks, thats what I was trying to say. And still even if little mac and shulk look alike that picture of shulk still looks like the real shulk, so that argument isn't really getting anywhere

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Ya I highly disagree that a transparency gif proves the leak to be false

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah no. If you actually look at the pictures there are no similarities, past the eyes. Which are facing the same direction. The transparency is super misleading. It could very well be fake, and I have no points that suggest this is real. If the leaker could fake the renders for Ness and Duck hunt dog that well, then why the hell would they need to use little mac as a base for shulk. That is stupid.
Because it would be easier than creating an ENTIRE NEW PICTURE FROM SCRATCH. And this isint even the first time Ness has been faked.

ALSO THESE ARE NOT RENDERS. THEY ARE PICTURES. THEY DO NOT USE THE MODELS FOR THEM.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
whether or not it's missing fan favorites doesn't determine it's validity. but it's not like your opinion is valid to me anyway considering you said that if someone doesn't have the same opinions as you they can go die in that jontron video's comment section.
Dignified.

It's not missing my fan favorites, it's missing the characters that make up the Top 3 of most wishlists and polls, official and unofficial.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Regardless if this turns out to be real or not, that Duck Hunt Dog idea and picture are really cool.

Last edited:

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Because it would be easier than creating an ENTIRE NEW PICTURE FROM SCRATCH. And this isint even the first time Ness has been faked.

ALSO THESE ARE NOT RENDERS. THEY ARE PICTURES. THEY DO NOT USE THE MODELS FOR THEM.
Then where are the other photos that were used as part of the photoshopping process? It only makes sense that they are renders because there aren't pictures out there that can be photoshopped to make those characters look like that.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Then where are the other photos that were used as part of the photoshopping process? It only makes sense that they are renders because there aren't pictures out there that can be photoshopped to make those characters look like that.
Guys while i sadly kinda believe its real, remember this

Some people are really good at photoshop.
This

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Guys while i sadly kinda believe its real, remember this

Some people are really good at photoshop.
So if I pull up any random picture of a male in this game with a face vaguely similar to Shulk's in that icon, can I disprove the leak?? Or was this about something else?

Last edited:

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
Fox's model shows more ear because the names aren't there. If this is a fake then the person who made it would not be dumb enough to leave off the names. It is likely that the names were on the E3 build, but are just not on there for this build.
They've had names on the models since the original Smash, and in both demo builds. Seems odd to take them off now.

As a whole, the quality of this is just so awful that I don't believe it. It's just plain ugly. If it were true though, I really wouldn't mind. Shulk is my most wanted unannounced character, and I've warmed to the idea of duck hunt dog.

NNID
Majorasmask66
So if I pull up any random picture of a male in this game with a face vaguely similar to Shulk's in that icon, can I disprove the leak??
Umm when did i say that? I simply said some people are very talented at photoshop and can make amazing things. Thats all. Hell i even said i believe the leak.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Dignified.

It's not missing my fan favorites, it's missing the characters that make up the Top 3 of most wishlists and polls, official and unofficial.
once again, that DOES NOT MAKE IT ANY LESS VALID.
also, here's the proof of your hypocrisy if you intend to delete the comments about it.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Umm when did i say that? I simply said some people are very talented at photoshop and can make amazing things. Thats all. Hell i even said i believe the leak.
Well at first it was a stupid joke, but I had to make a ninja edit asking what it truly was supposed to mean before you replied so there wouldn't be misunderstanding. I wasn't fast enough :(

NNID
Majorasmask66
Well at first it was a stupid joke, but I had to make a ninja edit asking what it truly was supposed to mean before you replied so there wouldn't be misunderstanding. I wasn't fast enough :(
Lol its all good. i keep messing up on my post so i have to edit them constantly. if you didnt notice i spelt talented like telented...):

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
I think this is real the reasons that everyone is giving for why it's fake are so obvious that if someone faked them they would have corrected them. also I don't think that game and watches hand is over lapping onto warios icon. I think that its part of warios icon. If you look on the other side of his icon you can see how dark his shoulder is. I think that it's just his dark shoulder. Also game and watch has a white outline around him. If his hand went onto warios icon we would be able to see the white outline over the black divider between the two characters.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari

there is no disputing the leak. he showed a part of a level not yet seen until the famitsu magazine that got released TODAY.

its over, there is no more arguing about this. all we can do is pray there are still characters he hasn't unlocked yet

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494

there is no disputing the leak. he showed a part of a level not yet seen until the famitsu magazine that got released TODAY.

its over, there is no more arguing about this. all we can do is pray there are still characters he hasn't unlocked yet
Dude seriously stop posting this we get what you're saying, we know your point, and discussioneers aren't quitters. Just sleep on it.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
i mean seriously. the guy SHOWED US A PART OF A STAGE WE HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE UNTIL TODAY.

YOU CAN NOT FAKE THAT.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
Double Post Infraction
Dude seriously stop posting this we get what you're saying, we know your point, and discussioneers aren't quitters. Just sleep on it.
bro its just sad going through these comments and still seeing people blinded by delusion with the utmost sincerity. "FAKE BECAUSE OF NESS SHIRT/SHULK LOOKS LIKE MAC/x"
this is exactly the kind of proof we needed for this to be confirmed as real and we got it. the guy showed something that wasn't revealed until today's image came out.

game. over. there is no more disputing this leak

Last edited:

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
I'm glad that there are inconsistencies to point out, because if this was real, I'd be upset.

Kid Icarus gets a "reboot": two new characters.

Donkey Kong gets a "reboot": nothing new.
Donkey Kong isn't Sakurai's baby. He doesn't treat the franchise like its his own. That's why in 64 Kirby was the best character and in Brawl He who should not be named was the best character. Sakurai got in so much trouble that he nerfed Kirby in Melee. Kid Icarus Uprising is such a huge part of the many game modes because Sakurai worked on the game and he loves that game dearly. He's proud of it and you know it.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
look...please be real...

looks so real but I'm not a pro.

could be fake.
lets just pray for a nintendo direct in the next 14 days

ordered a LL to learn *** and whoop booty in smash

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Isn't this Smash Central Official guy just another guy like us, just on YouTube? He doesn't really have any definitive say, and he just says the same stuff already said. I want this leak to be fake too, but what some random guy says doesn't decide it one way or the other..
Did you look at the evidence...

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice

If that's correct , that's substantial!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
7 Mario reps :troll:

-I'd like if this was real, although I'll be somewhat disappointed that the Ice Climbers are DLC instead of just being put in directly. If this is real, I hope the character DLC is cheap or free.

If you look closely at Mr. Game & Watch's and Wario's tiles, you'll see that Mr. Game & Watch's hand isn't really going over his tile. There's no white outline over the blackness in Wario's tile, and it seems to match the left side of the tile. Wario's "missing" pupil does seem weird at first, but if you look closely, it looks as if his pupil is just behind his nose. (There's a little bit of blackness by his nose on the eye.)

Shulk's head is in about the same position as Little Mac's, but his face is still different and his hair is also somewhat different from Robin's.

Only time will tell, though. I just hope Ice Climbers end up being non-DLC and are actually in-game at first. (I guess it doesn't really matter much....)

This actually is most-likely fake, though.

Last edited:

lightdasher

Smash Lord
1. Photographic memory just means you're good at remembering details of an image for several minutes, not noticing super details everywhere of everything.
2. Even if it was, that should mean you should be taking much more extreme efforts than a normal person to avoid spoilers.
When it's the first thing that pops up when you come onto this site, it's kind of this sites fault.

And it was the first thing on the front page when I came on.

Jayman099099

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure Sakuria even said that Dark Pit is an Alt for Pit when he was talking about Lucina being an Alt for Marth, but changed it.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The Tomodachi Life picture isn't proof. Attacking detractors because you are convinced, while we have yet to see anything official, is really not the way you should go about this.

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice

in tomadachi.. can u move furniture around like in animal crossing?
maybe the stages change or randomize...

truly possible considering the 3DS IS MORE THAN CAPABLE.
(but i dunno)

why isn't the nintendo shot the same as either on the right?

am i high?

NNID
Majorasmask66
Donkey Kong isn't Sakurai's baby. He doesn't treat the franchise like its his own. That's why in 64 Kirby was the best character and in Brawl He who should not be named was the best character. Sakurai got in so much trouble that he nerfed Kirby in Melee. Kid Icarus Uprising is such a huge part of the many game modes because Sakurai worked on the game and he loves that game dearly. He's proud of it and you know it.
pikachu is the best character in ssb64.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
i mean seriously. the guy SHOWED US A PART OF A STAGE WE HAVE NOT SEEN BEFORE UNTIL TODAY.

YOU CAN NOT FAKE THAT.
Plot twist: the leaker took the pics for famitsu.
problem solved

NNID
Majorasmask66
Not sure when the leak was posted. maybe it came after famitsu maybe it didnt. Keep in mind japan is ahead in time greatly. Where im at, its august 20th 7:44 pm. in japan its august 21, 9:44 am.

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu puts out a leak and everyone argues and insults each other for months. Someone else does it all is quiet and calm. I guess the truth tends to bring out the dissenters and trolls more than falsehood does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom