• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who's highly alarmed that not a single person has come up with any conclusive evidence against this? There's a lot of damning evidence, but also a lot of scary points in favor too...
Edit: I would actually say there's a lot more against it than for it, but it's still a bit weird that there hasn't been a huge bomb dropped on it considering it's a multi-image leak...

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Not sure when the leak was posted. maybe it came after famitsu maybe it didnt. Keep in mind japan is ahead in time greatly. Where im at, its august 20th 7:44 pm. in japan its august 21, 9:44 am.
The leak was posted yesterday in the evening.
Pretty sure Famitsu was revealed today, could be wrong.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'd be very happy if this was the roster. I never would have thought I'd want the dog from Duck Hunt, but the render just looks fantastic. Even though I was a Brawl Wolf main, I don't feel disappointed in any of the cuts. I feel like we are gaining much more than we are losing.

Did I want K. Rool, or Geno, or Mewtwo? Yeah, I really did. But to call the leaked roster garbage is just silly.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
in tomadachi.. can u move furniture around like in animal crossing?
Nope.

When it's the first thing that pops up when you come onto this site, it's kind of this sites fault.

And it was the first thing on the front page when I came on.
1. Again, the picture is small, you would have to intentionally look at it to see who's in the select screen.

2. We've been posting whenever a new character has been announced and have been for months. If you're still avoiding spoilers, why have you not yet just bookmarked the forums to skip the front page?

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
i cant wait to go back and read all these responses about how the leak was fake in a month or two. it's going to be hilarious.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Gematsu puts out a leak and everyone argues and insults each other for months. Someone else does it all is quiet and calm. I guess the truth tends to bring out the dissenters and trolls more than falsehood does.
i think that mostly has to due with the fact that it had been proven false multiple times but people still believed it. i think he really knew something about wft but he just pulled everything out of his ass afterwards, because palutena, pacman, and mii fighters were actually pretty obvious newcomers.

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
i've figured out on the tomodochi stage the rooms open up randomly, different parts of the house have different rooms that are completely randomized.

regardless the leak is real because he showed us a room that just got shown to the public for the first time on today's issue of famitsu.

So either the guy works for famitsu magazine and made a really realistic fake (which is almost impossible). or the guy just got the game a few weeks early and the leak is real (which is very possible)

imo him showing us something that got announced at a future date is the final nail in the coffin, the damming evidence. There is no denying the legitimacy of the roster now, all we can do is pray he didn't unlock everyone yet

pic related, again

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
That famitsu thing is great evidence in my eyes
i think that mostly has to due with the fact that it had been proven false multiple times but people still believed it. i think he really knew something about wft but he just pulled everything out of his *** afterwards, because palutena, pacman, and mii fighters were actually pretty obvious newcomers.
But the name Mii Fighters was not obvious and he got that right. I do agree with you on how he knew some info cuz there's no way he'd be able to get wii fit and mii fighters correct. But after that he just started making things up, but if this new leak is correct then maybe he did know something more, cuz he'd be right about the chorus men, another impossible guess

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
That famitsu thing is great evidence in my eyes

But the name Mii Fighters was not obvious and he got that right. I do agree with you on how he knew some info cuz there's no way he'd be able to get wii fit and mii fighters correct. But after that he just started making things up, but if this new leak is correct then maybe he did know something more, cuz he'd be right about the chorus men, another impossible guess
not really, i thought mii fighters were actually the most predictable newcomer(s?) out of the three that i mentioned considering how they were also in mk7 and mk8. also, they're kind of one of nintendo's most recent (forced) mascots.

Last edited:

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
not really, i thought mii fighters were actually the most predictable newcomer(s?) out of the three that i mentioned considering how they were also in mk7 and mk8.
Ya I totally agree that they were the most obvious newcomer but the actual name "Mii Fighters" wasn't obvious. I think most people were expecting them to be called Miis unless in Mario Kart they are called Mii Racers (I actually don't know, if they are call that then Mii Fighters would have been an easy guess)

EdwardFire

Smash Rookie
If he wanted to leak the cast...why didn't he just film it, I mean, the picture looks like it was taken with a cell phone, why didn't he just film it with the same cell phone?...

Oh yeah...because it's fake...OR the leaker is just kinda dumb and decided to take pictures instead of filming it,

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Ya I totally agree that they were the most obvious newcomer but the actual name "Mii Fighters" wasn't obvious. I think most people were expecting them to be called Miis unless in Mario Kart they are called Mii Racers (I actually don't know, if they are call that then Mii Fighters would have been an easy guess)
i agree that it was kind of cool that he got the name spot on, but he still probably didn't know anything except the whole wft reveal.
If he wanted to leak the cast...why didn't he just film it, I mean, the picture looks like it was taken with a cell phone, why didn't he just film it with the same cell phone?...

Oh yeah...because it's fake.
because you can't upload videos to 4chan? (except .webms, but i'm not sure if you can covert those from phone or not.)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
i've figured out on the tomodochi stage the rooms open up randomly, different parts of the house have different rooms that are completely randomized.

regardless the leak is real because he showed us a room that just got shown to the public for the first time on today's issue of famitsu.

So either the guy works for famitsu magazine and made a really realistic fake (which is almost impossible). or the guy just got the game a few weeks early and the leak is real (which is very possible)

imo him showing us something that got announced at a future date is the final nail in the coffin, the damming evidence. There is no denying the legitimacy of the roster now, all we can do is pray he didn't unlock everyone yet

pic related, again
The roster pics are missing the Mii Fighters, however, but the level makes it seem more real.....

What if the leak has true information with some fake information to throw people off?

EDIT: Well, apparently the Tomodachi Life stage icon doesn't match up with Famitsu.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

pic related, again
If they're randomized, there's even more proof it's fake.
The room shown on the leak could've just been a recreating of the actual room from Tomodachi Life. And he just got lucky that a similar looking room was on Famitsu.

EdwardFire

Smash Rookie
i agree that it was kind of cool that he got the name spot on, but he still probably didn't know anything except the whole wft reveal.

because you can't upload videos to 4chan? (except .webms, but i'm not sure if you can covert those from phone or not.)
But he could upload it anywhere, youtube, blip, sure Nintendo would take it down ASAP, but people would still see the video and pass it along, I think there are ways to share stuff like this rather easily

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
But he could upload it anywhere, youtube, blip, sure Nintendo would take it down ASAP, but people would still see the video and pass it along, I think there are ways to share stuff like this rather easily
except he posted this on 4chan.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman

pic related, again
So people can stop with this stage nonsense
Like the Palutena leak the pictures had a lot of effort but it was still fake(She is in the game but the picture is fake)

negasilver63

Smash Rookie
If there is a third kid icarus rep, it should be hades, not dark pit ):
Dark Pit was teased to be somehow relevant to the game in the Palutena trailer and in Palutena's artwork on her section of the website. With that and all other information together, it would make perfect sense if Dark Pit was in the same boat as Lucina here.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Dark Pit was teased to be somehow relevant to the game in the Palutena trailer and in Palutena's artwork on her section of the website. With that and all other information together, it would make perfect sense if Dark Pit was in the same boat as Lucina here.
true but i dont get why sakurai thinks he would be the best inclusion when there are other characters he could have chosen like magnus, medusa, or hades. Also im wondering wether or not its real, why would sakurai show him and address him by name. If its fake then that was a bad decision to show dark pit. If its real which i kinda think it is, than it was a poor decision to sort of introduce him that way.

EdwardFire

Smash Rookie
see

except he posted this on 4chan.
He didn't HAVE TO post it on 4chan though, if his intention was to leak the cast then he could have easily uploaded a video on any video sharing sites, he might still be able to also, I bet he still has the game (assuming this is real, which I honestly doubt)

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
So people can stop with this stage nonsense
Like the Palutena leak the pictures had a lot of effort but it was still fake(She is in the game but the picture is fake)
my only issue with this picture is that it says they don't look the same, which they very clearly do.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

So also there's this.
Yep, this kills it. Even if the two shots somehow managed to be taken from the exact same angle, (lol, not happening) the chances of the 3DS demo units being used for anything else but specialized demos is null. Check out the username, and how they match. Unless somebody decided to name their 3DS that, but why in the world would they?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
One thing that people are forgetting is that it's very easy to make fake poses for characters as long as you have an in-game model for them.

Even Gmod works:

I made this Captain Falcon mock up in Gmod before he was revealed. I never intended to use it as a leak, so I didn't do too much with it, but I could easily make it fit in more, like the Falco render above, especially using the magic of blurry cameras with blurry lighting.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
Yep, this kills it. Even if the two shots somehow managed to be taken from the exact same angle, (lol, not happening) the chances of the 3DS demo units being used for anything else but specialized demos is null. Check out the username, and how they match. Unless somebody decided to name their 3DS that, but why in the world would they?
someone edited the picture that was leaked and put it over the pic with bowser on it to compare them. None of the leaked pictures have a 3ds in them.

this is the original image that was leaked. If you are gunna post gifs to try and disprove stuff at least read the captions on them. I saw that gif a few pages back.

Last edited:

zeldafan165

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeldafan165
this is honestly just getting annoying. the people clearly just bashing the leak are just in denial. i remain neutral but the signs pinpoint it to being real

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Easily fake. The roster is un-organizied. Shulk doesn't seem to have a red outline in the victory screen. There are no names for each character (unlike at E3). That image of Dark Pit looks like a flipped version of Pit's. The ESRB don't play the games themselves. May I also mention DLC is not currently planned?

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
The picture refuting the rooms being similar is ridiculous. Lol

1) They look really similar
2) Of course you can photoshop it, you're looking at the article. The leak was before the article came out.

Even so, I think something is odd about the Tamodachi stage. Why would the camera focus on that one random room for an icon? It seems like it would show the whole house. I think the leaker may work for famitsu or something and knew the room was going to be shown soon. He recreated it in photoshop to show that the leak is real.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
That was made 5 hours ago could've been a mock up of the leaked model.
i feel that these pictures are prototypes of the css and everything because they look ugly and are not detailed

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
lol so much debate over a leak that is so painfully obviously fake, there is so much evidence to prove this false everyone who still believes this is being way too gullible.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
this is honestly just getting annoying. the people clearly just bashing the leak are just in denial. i remain neutral but the signs pinpoint it to being real
1. If you think it's real, you're not neutral. :laugh:
2. Honestly, the only thing that could've made this leak legit was the Famitsu thing, but that was already debunked. I think it could be real, but right now I mostly think it's fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom