• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie

not to mention the names are missing. If you look at Fox's headshot they are different sizes. The "leak" shows more ear. Same goes for some others etc.
Fox's model shows more ear because the names aren't there. If this is a fake then the person who made it would not be dumb enough to leave off the names. It is likely that the names were on the E3 build, but are just not on there for this build.

JudgeDread

Smash Rookie
Whether it's fake or not, the game is still in development. Even if these are real it's still in beta and could change at any time.

So those could be the new characters and they could still be even more characters

Also where my boy roy, he needs to be in the game

Last edited:

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
These inclusions look so unrealistic. I know this is sakurai and he's super random, but I don't think he would bring back doctor mario over a lot of other characters like wolf and ice climbers. I do like the dog and bowser jr. though :3

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
They are pretty similar. I'd imagine it wouldn't take a photoshop master to create the image, although I cannot be 100% sure myself.
Don't you think that comparing shulk to lil mac is stupid? Why would they bring THAT up over anything else like wario and ganondorf looking out of place compared to everyone else. That looks EXACTLY like shulk, I should know I have the game. We're just not used to seeing him in such a detailed picture.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Don't you think that comparing shulk to lil mac is stupid? Why would they bring THAT up over anything else like wario and ganondorf looking out of place compared to everyone else. That looks EXACTLY like shulk, I should know I have the game. We're just not used to seeing him in such a detailed picture.
i don't think wario looks too out of place, but ganondorf really does imo.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
It's not that, it's missing fan-favorites like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool.
I can't think up good movesets for Ridley or I rool. Mewtwo was replaced by lucario. All these characters besides clones have interesting and diverse powers.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I don't think it is necessarily stupid, but I do feel that the wario/ganondorf art is the most sketch part about this leak. However, it is important to point out all flaws in a leak, even if it requires a bit of stretching. All leaks are false until proven right, so right now, this leak is false. Is shulk holding it back? No. But it does create even more doubt.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

Like i said, everyone back to yo buisness
Wow. Shulk looks more like Little Mac than I thought. Although somewhat different, they are similar enough, especially the eyes, to warrant comparison.

EDIT: No, all leaks are false until proven otherwise. If not, we can just assume that every random person works at Nintendo and has access to the game. Leaks need solid evidence; like Gematsu and the WFT prediction. In the case of roster leaks, closer speculation is apparent due to the nature of the leaks.

Last edited:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
I can't think up good movesets for Ridley or I rool. Mewtwo was replaced by lucario. All these characters besides clones have interesting and diverse powers.
No, Mewtwo and Lucario share extremely little, and Mewtwo was cut to make room for the Pokemon Trainer gimmick

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie

Like i said, everyone back to yo buisness
When you put little mac's transparency over shulk it will look like they share a lot of characteristics only because you are just seeing Shulks details though the transparency not because they are actually shared. Actually look at the two pictures and there are no similarities. Mouth shape, nose, bone structure, jawline, and even cheekbones are all different. It would have been just as easy to make a model from scratch as it be to take it from LM. I'm not saying the leak isn't fake, I'm just saying that Mac has nothing to do with, and frankly nothing even in common with Shulk.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I, for one, think it's fake. There's so much that doesn't add up here.
I highly doubt we'd get Dr. Mario, DHD, Dark Pit, while cutting Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf and not adding Mewtwo.
I think it's also worth mentioning that Lucina and Dark Pit are placed away from their respective series, which makes little sense. I also doubt that Lucas, Wolf, and IC would be cut, especially when there have been strong hints towards the IC returning.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Shulk looks more like Little Mac than I thought. Although somewhat different, they are similar enough, especially the eyes, to warrant comparison.

EDIT: No, all leaks are false until proven otherwise. If not, we can just assume that every random person works at Nintendo and has access to the game. Leaks need solid evidence; like Gematsu and the WFT prediction. In the case of roster leaks, closer speculation is apparent due to the nature of the leaks.
i was definitely wrong about the whole backwards part, but i don't think they're all WRONG. it's sort of a Schrödinger's cat situation.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
When you put little mac's transparency over shulk it will look like they share a lot of characteristics only because you are just seeing Shulks details though the transparency not because they are actually shared. Actually look at the two pictures and there are no similarities. Mouth shape, nose, bone structure, jawline, and even cheekbones are all different. It would have been just as easy to make a model from scratch as it be to take it from LM. I'm not saying the leak isn't fake, I'm just saying that Mac has nothing to do with, and frankly nothing even in common with Shulk.
Actually you CAN see the subtle jawline changes and whatnot, but look at the eyes in particular. They are looking in the same direction and have the same shape. Not saying it is fake, or photoshopped, but they do have clear similarities, even down to pose.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Plz stop being in denial. There are way too many things that line up for it not to be an edited Mac pic. Ffs, even Shulks hair curl lines up with Mac's. :I

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Can you pretty please tell me one way in which Mewtwo and Lucario are similar besides their neutral B moves? No? In that case, I think Lucario should be cut due to being too similar to Samus. They are easily both very interesting and diverse characters in their own rights, regardless of each other's presence. Lucario was a very late addition to Brawl, and almost didn't make it in. He in no way "replaced" Mewtwo.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"I've never heard of photographic memory"
1. Photographic memory just means you're good at remembering details of an image for several minutes, not noticing super details everywhere of everything.
2. Even if it was, that should mean you should be taking much more extreme efforts than a normal person to avoid spoilers.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
******* as in, anyone who has more than one braincell and can't believe the roster will be so lackluster? We're missing major fan-favorites here, ESPECIALLY
It's not that, it's missing fan-favorites like Ridley, Mewtwo and K.Rool.
Mewtwo, Dr. Mario over him? I doubt it.
whether or not it's missing fan favorites doesn't determine it's validity. but it's not like your opinion is valid to me anyway considering you said that if someone doesn't have the same opinions as you they can go die in that jontron video's comment section.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Plz stop being in denial. There are way too many things that line up for it not to be an edited Mac pic. Ffs, even Shulks hair curl lines up with Mac's. :I
They look alike but not alike enough, the eyes alone are not enough. What about doctor mario though? His cheeks are fuller than regular Mario's. Also falco's picture looks like it could be taken from brawl.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
They look alike but not alike enough, the eyes alone are not enough. What about doctor mario though? His cheeks are fuller than regular Mario's. Also falco's picture looks like it could be taken from brawl.
The jaws match up, necklines, ear positions, what more do you want?
Plus the fact that it's of obvious lower quality than the others should tell everyone this is fake

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Even if it is fake it's kind of ridiculous that people say it's fake only based on the little mac comparison gifs. His face is far from exact.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Said it before and i will say it again, please dont let this roster be real. If this roster is real it is not only lacking fan favorites but it has cringe worthy additions as well.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
It's fake, Anti guy in the clone engine forum proved that Shulk's face was just a modified Little Mac

Everyone just go back to your buisness now
Hey, remember when it was "proven" that the leaked image of Pignite was actually a heavily photoshopped Lickilicky?

Because I sure do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom