• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That is a mockup image to compare the two screens, they just inserted the new image over the e3 one, it never showed the DS on the new picture

They don't exactly line up correctly anyways.

"a DVD that captures all pertinent content, including typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed." -ESRB website (http://www.esrb.org/ratings/ratings_process.jsp)

A member of the ESRB could have easily taken a picture of it with their phone.

The only counter argument would be why they sent the footage with a ESRB username.

One explanation that I have for that: they are playing locally, so it doesn't show the usernames. Not a very good explanation, But it's all I can think of.

You guys need to do more research :happysheep:

I love your profile picture though, Music Light Club
I'm sorry, but what exactly are you telling me with the ESRB quote? 2nd all of, he wouldn't have the ESRB name with Bowser in the first place if it's removed by playing locally. He's playing a free for all with CPU characters.

And it still doesn't explain why the human players have levels anyway. They aren't CPUs as shown in his other picture, CPUs have a grey back ground.

D

Deleted member

The amount of denial the fans are in over this leak is staggering... considering... certain things. You people are literally fabricating inconsistencies, and it's hilarious.

If this leak upsets you, I recommend you come to terms with that to avoid being let down again. The alternative being to live in denial and get let down when the official reveal sheds light on this leak.
Are you being purposely obtuse? The inconsistencies are not being fabricated. There are a lot of extremely suspect things in these images, and if you can't see that then you are the one who is in denial.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Counterpoints:
1. Wario's pupil is behind his nose, and is somewhat visible. Plus, a fake leaker probably wouldn't be that forgetful anyway.
2. Kirby's box gets extra bold lines because he is selected. Not a problem. Actually kind of strange a faker would notice and place that much detail in.
3. Don't know what you mean by wrong layering.
4. The names themselves could just have levels as placeholders that show where levels are during cpu battles as to not warrant an extra picture. This simulataneously allows players to be displayed.
5. Leaker from Famitsu? It's a possibility, but the significance of that has to be explored.
Warios design is bad, plain and simple. Ganons is also poorly made. Assuming the leak is legit, it may be older than the current build.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Even with the little legitimacy of this leak, this has truely left the Ridley thread in severe worry.
Same goes with the Isaac, Krystal, K. Rool and Bandana Dee threads. Out of those I wanted Krystal.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Well, never mind. I think this is actually real. O.O

SunnyChespin

Smash Rookie
I am really hoping that sakurai doesn't make Pittoo a clone, since he has so much potential. Seeing that he made KIU though he does have a lot of knowledge of the character and his many differences, so I have high hopes that he will make Dark Pit as unique as I think he can be.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
I'm sorry, but what exactly are you telling me with the ESRB quote?
Earlier you asked why the two screens are connecting, the ESRB quotes clearly stated that game footage is put onto a DVD the 3DS would not show up on the content recorded. It's true that they don't play the games, they watch footage of the games.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Earlier you asked why the two screens are connecting, the ESRB quotes clearly stated that game footage is put onto a DVD the 3DS would not show up on the content recorded. It's true that they don't play the games, they watch footage of the games.
Oh ok gotcha. Still, it seems strange to me how it overlaps like that. But I guess it's possible.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait a sec, then why would ESRB be in the name section? If it's on DVD it wouldn't be played on their 3DS but on Nintendo of America's!

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
It's disappointing seeing so many insults being slung around as a result of this;
whether someone believes this to be true or fake, that doesn't make anyone an idiot or whatever other insult you guys come up with.

It's not like this is a life-or-death situation; we get some interesting pictures filed as a "leak," and it sparks discussion. No need to start superiorizing your view over other peoples'.

Mewter

Smash Master
It's disappointing seeing so many insults being slung around as a result of this;
whether someone believes this to be true or fake, that doesn't make anyone an idiot or whatever other insult you guys come up with.

It's not like this is a life-or-death situation; we get some interesting pictures filed as a "leak," and it sparks discussion. No need to start superiorizing your view over other peoples'.
Exactly!
As long as you realize we're right, you have nothing to worry about. :troll:

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Wait a sec, then why would ESRB be in the name section? If it's on DVD it wouldn't be played on their 3DS but on Nintendo of America's!
Yeah, I realized that a few minutes after my original post, and added it in. Covering both sides of that argument.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Yeah, I agree with this. Just because someone thinks differently, doesn't mean they're 'stupid' or something.

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat

not to mention the names are missing. If you look at Fox's headshot they are different sizes. The "leak" shows more ear. Same goes for some others etc.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
If it's fake this guy needs a job at Nintendo ASAP

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the players have levels due to handicap/being amiibo? Also, the reason Dmario and Lucina are down there is probably due to being unlockable. Maybe this time around unlockables just go into an unlocked category instead of a series one.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Maybe the players have levels due to handicap/being amiibo? Also, the reason Dmario and Lucina are down there is probably due to being unlockable. Maybe this time around unlockables just go into an unlocked category instead of a series one.
That's just a really weird design choice. They're always organized by series. Even in Brawl, where everything was scrambled up, got unlockables in between other starters, resulting in a full roster with everyone organized by series.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
And it still doesn't explain why the human players have levels anyway. They aren't CPUs as shown in his other picture, CPUs have a grey back ground.
I dunno, It could be the climb mode in smash run, with levels referring to how high you are. Doubtful, but I will let you know if I find anything.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I'm calling fake.
Wouldn't you think that the character and stage select screens would have some sort of look to them instead of just being squares with pictures.
judging by the demo, no.
You know what I think? I think Nintendo needs to sue 4chan for posting the fake leak!
you really can't be this stupid
can you?

not to mention the names are missing. If you look at Fox's headshot they are different sizes. The "leak" shows more ear. Same goes for some others etc.
i don't think having the names would fit and/or be intelligible if the character select slots are at that size.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
It's fake, Anti guy in the clone engine forum proved that Shulk's face was just a modified Little Mac

Everyone just go back to your buisness now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom