• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POSTPONED* Appalachian Round 2: October 3rd! Boone, NC. Melee/Brawl!

Sengin

Smash Ace
2 hours tops unless you drive at like 50 the whole way (you just get on 421 N and stay on it until you get to Boone).

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
is there anywhere besides Ian's where people get together and play smash at? (which means Sengin, where are all the smashers playing at App?) me and serg are getting good time in, but we definately need some practice againt some different people...i need ROB and Falco practice baaaaad

haha!! it worked Serg!!! thanks for the sig!!

Sengin

Smash Ace
There's not many who live in Boone right now... I only really get together with Dolphin maybe once a week since I only play melee and schedules are busybusybusy. If you want Brawl practice, talk to Devin. He loves brawl and is always looking for people to play (not to mention that he's pretty **** good so you can get some good practice in).

theAPExp

Smash Ace
arow i'll try my best and be in boone for a few days in the next 2 weeks

but yeah hit up devin
he's the best for brawl in boone when i'm not there
and still is when i am...
his falco is alrightish, it's not on tourney level imo
mike is the only person there who plays rob worth mentioning
he's not much worse than karn or stingers
i don't think he's still in boone though

_[]_
o.@;
hat and monocle is too good imo

if you're coming to this
and within 30min or so of durham
step it up, give dj and bro's a ride

theAPExp

Smash Ace
setup list

people post if you're coming and can bring a setup
wii/cube/w/e
lemme know

setups

melee
sengin
ian
jay
robert
hicks
serg
ape
stingers
dj 2

brawl
ian
jay
robert
serg
devin
stingers

maybe:
dolphin (both)
dj (brawl)

i'll update when i can
i know people said they can bring some
but i don't wanna post that stuff unless you reconfirm it
basically
i'm not rereading the posts

edit: coming soon
a "i need a ride and if i'm not to far outta the way be a bro and pick me up" list

Foxy

Smash Master
I would love to come to this but I have no clue if I'll be able to get out that far... but I do really want to see some people I know at App as well.

Gawds, so difficult.

Sengin

Smash Ace
So yeah. Just talked with some people and it's confirmed: FREE ENTRY. No venue / door / house / entry fee. You just pay for the tournaments you want to enter.

Also, apparently the whole "pot style = gambling" thing is out out out and the school doesn't consider it illegal anymore. So it's doubtful you'll have to get a check mailed to you and all that bullcrap workaround. You should just be able to get your cash at the end.

Now, time constraints. This seems to be a pretty big issue, especially after the last Billfest. Things will be even more strict than it was originally going to be because of this. If we need to, we will have to drop an event, and it seems brawl doubles is the least popular. If the majority echo this sentiment (which would you prefer be dropped if need be: brawl doubles or brawl singles?), and if time is an issue, then we will have to drop brawl doubles. We should know after the food break whether or not it's going to happen.

Please bring setups people. Even if you don't have a TV, please bring a console/game. We should hopefully have enough TV's anyway, so it seems consoles will be the biggest issue.

Karn, thanks for offering up a ride. Hopefully someone will be as bro as you and offer a ride to *CT*.

Foxy, it's not a hard decision :p

And no, Devin cannot get enough brawl, haha.

Edit: @Ape: wait what? Hicks is coming to a smash tournament? Since when?

null55

Smash Master
Yeah I don't think I'll be able to make this actually. I was going to have a midterm the day before it, but it may be rescheduled to the next monday, in which case I'll probably need the weekend to study. Sucks.

Hinryu

Smash Apprentice
Cool no door fee. I can still bring the Wii and what not, but I won't be able to bring a TV. Other than that I'm good.

Can wait to see you guys there!

Andrew you should come over Friday to get some practice in haha. It'd be fun!

theAPExp

Smash Ace
yeah all 4 events are gonna be signed up before noon

mainly so i can have brackets outta the way so i don't have to waste time mid tourney
but that might be the way we settle it

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah all 4 events are gonna be signed up before noon

mainly so i can have brackets outta the way so i don't have to waste time mid tourney
but that might be the way we settle it
What about people who are going to enter brawl only and thus come late?

oh yeah, pp team with me at this and I promise I won't sandbag like I usually do. @_@

theAPExp

Smash Ace
and thus come late?
don't come late?
it's hard i know

melee might be run after brawl, cause people who leave after melee sometimes take the wii's you could use for brawl, thus making the longest event take even longer
whereas if people leave after brawl and take wii's, we usually have replacement setups for melee cause of cubes

lord karn

Smash Master
I'll be there on time, but there will certainly be people who show up late wanting to enter the latter game only.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont understand why arriving on time is such a big deal...

registration ends as the lunch break starts, they dont have loads of time...

BEHR

Smash Hero
So Far I can make this I have really good grades and my dad is not being a ***** so good chance of making this.

Dont know if Mike is going tho.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
pp and i will be there

didn't lose a single match at billfest
6 stocked pyrospark and that yoshi
3rd at herb2

just saying

Top Bottom