• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POSTPONED* Appalachian Round 2: October 3rd! Boone, NC. Melee/Brawl!

BEHR

Smash Hero
Mikes not going.

But knowing him he will most likely change his mind last minute.

null55

Smash Master
Alright Alex, I need to be playing smash with you at your house today. When can you today?

Sengin

Smash Ace
I'm sorry guys, I really, really am, but I have no choice: this is postponed until at least the 31st of October. I just got the news today. The guy in charge of the gaming club, of which I am been in contact with since early August about this, has told me that it's going to be a free tournament. He made this decision himself, without talking with anyone. Actually, I told him in mid-August about everything he needed to know, but he completely abandoned everything I told him. But Sengin, you say, how can a free tournament be bad? Well boys and girls, it means that we can't collect money for a pot-style tournament because he told the Student Union that we wouldn't be collecting any money. And he told everyone this today. Which is one day after the money would be due for the room. Which means we can't change a thing. So if you would like to come, you would be competing for, get this, a $20 first place prize and a $10 second place prize. But you wouldn't have to pay anything :rolleyes:. Just travel, which I know none of you would do for something this tiny, and I don't blame you.

I'm working on this to get this set up for the 31st of October, but I can't have any guarantees for you guys after what just happened. But there's still time to change the info for the room for the 31st, and I am doing everything I can to get it. Please tell me there are no big tournaments around then in this area. The reason I picked the 3rd was because there weren't any.

To all those that postponed plans, took off work, and to Bill and Alex having to push Bill's Octoberfest back a week to the 10th: I'm sorry.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nothing is on the 31st.

That sucks man.

It also sucks for me because that means no tournaments for two weekends in a row lol. I'll hit someone up...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well ****...that really sucks...but its good for me because icouldn't go to this if it was next weekend >.>

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
There's a bi-weekly in SC on the 3rd. Probably low turnout, but you should be able to recoup gas money + extra.

It's only Brawl and B+, though I think. I'm not sure, I'm not going.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Lame. ):

PP come over next weekend and smash with G-Boro?

Top Bottom