• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POSTPONED* Appalachian Round 2: October 3rd! Boone, NC. Melee/Brawl!

null55

Smash Master
Ace, be there. I gotta play you again. Plus, I need to experience safety meetings at least once.

BEHR, college is pretty ****. Alcohol and large breasted women. :). Is Mike still sick?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Ace, be there. I gotta play you again. Plus, I need to experience safety meetings at least once.

BEHR, college is pretty ****. Alcohol and large breasted women. :). Is Mike still sick?
Sweet. :)

Nah mike is good now.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Nah he still plays just hasnt touched the game since like after HERB.

He played it again Yesterday.

Sengin

Smash Ace
UPDATE: We will be getting only half the room instead of the full room now. Half is still plenty big enough for us though. The reason is because the Gaming Club wants to put on other tournaments that day (PC LAN/tournament, Halo 3, and possibly more). Now, I highly recommend against joining other tournaments if you're participating in both melee tournaments or brawl tournaments (i.e. singles + doubles). Obviously I can't stop you, but if you start delaying the tournaments progression and we're waiting on you to finish another tournament's match, you will be dropped from the bracket. The reason is because we need all the time we can get to finish these 4 smash tournaments. I've had to put up with people being in both smash and halo/pc/whatever plenty of times before, and it is nothing but frustrating to the TO and other participants.

Also, if you have a spare TV and don't mind bringing it, please do. Because of the Halo tournament going on at the same time, we may not get as many TV's as we were originally going to.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
and i've been telling people it's smash only... fffffffff
halo will most likely eat up at least 4 of our tv's, normally they run 8 for their tournies. so please please please bring w/e manageable to transport tv you guys can.

to comment on playing in other tournies. entering halo will eat up some serious time, i highly suggest that you don't play in the halo tournies and ours. if you do enter another tourney, i suggest you enter something where the matches can be decided in under 10min, a fighter being the best example. although be warned, they ran a fighter medley last time and it was setup round robin style.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Sick, i'l see what i can do, a freind of mine lives up there anyway.

Sengin

Smash Ace
That would be a good thing. Then we can talk more game theory and string theory while we team. Our opponents won't know what in the hell is going on.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i wish we could provide housing guys cause there is a bus that runs from greensboro to boone
maybe if you know some people you can work something out

Hinryu

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that they are having Halo 3, I think one of the officers said that the ROTC guys backed out. So they may not have it, so with that we may have all of our tvs. Though there will still be pc gaming there.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
they'll run another shooter instead of halo
they always have a shooter
pc gaming at the app lan's have been pretty fail

the only times they don't run halo are when those pro's say they can make it
and they run halo when they say they can't
then they show up anyway
and take that green

Hinryu

Smash Apprentice
Hahaha. Well I don't think Halo is that bad I actually like it. But I wish this was an all Smash lan like it was supposed to be, but oh well. No worries, maybe this will make them realize that smash lans bring in that green for the club to use.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Well, I'm glad that Halo is dropped. The less people there are in multiple tournaments the better. And the extra TV's can't hurt.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
to bad the mountain roads are paved with ****

so after bill's

if you guys want all 4 events
bring LOTS of setups
no lie
you got a setup
bring that ****

seriously
we need setups

and possible recording device
think we got this covered though
maybe
i dunno

i'll be keeping a setup list
and updating it
we're gonna need 10 or so minimum

you guys are cool and all
so bring that hardware

don't make me demonstrate
why the roads are paved with ****

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Battlefield.

Lol don't go Jiggz. Well, I don't care as long as you use Fox on me in friendlies(I'll want Jiggz then too but I'm diggin the Fox experience =p).

Top Bottom