• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Veterans:
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Wario
Ness
Ganondorf
Falco/Wolf

Newcomers:
Palutena
King K. Rool
Pac-man
Ridley(?)
Ghirahim

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, the only reveal that I actually want is Ganondorf; I don't want to wait till release to see his "new" design. I could care less about the newcomers.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Veterans: -Ness/Lucas
-Captain Falcon
-Jiggly
-Wario
-Meta Knight
-Mewtwo
-Ganondorf
-Wolf/Falco
-Ice Climbers
-Mr Game & Watch

Newcomers: -K. Rool
-Pac Man
-Chrom
-Palutena

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Veterans:
Wario
Falco/Wolf
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Ness/Lucas
Jigglypuff
Maybe Mr. Game and Watch

Thus finishing the obvious lot.

Newcomers:
Palutena
Pac-Man
Some random character no one saw coming. Maybe the Chorus Men, but more likely something more obscure.

Aka; mirroring the E3 from last year with a Nintendo All Star, A legendary 3rd party character and an oddity no one asked for.

Last edited:

Kyuuki

Smash Rookie
I'm kind of shocked at how many people actually think Pac Man will be a character. Do you honestly think that Pac Man, a character that does basically nothing but move and eat pellets, would have enough diversity for a full Smash Bros moveset? It would be the most bland character ever. I'm more inclined to believe common sense rather than a questionable leak on this one.

That said, I think it's very likely that Pac Man could be an assist trophy.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm kind of shocked at how many people actually think Pac Man will be a character. Do you honestly think that Pac Man, a character that does basically nothing but move and eat pellets, would have enough diversity for a full Smash Bros moveset? It would be the most bland character ever. I'm more inclined to believe common sense rather than a questionable leak on this one.

oh well. 'u' (what Reggie said)

I think we found someone stuck in 1980... (and wouldn't take too long for Pac-Land be released and change permanently the scenario, you know)

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

You obviously know nothing about Pac Man. I will leave this link here for you:

http://smashboards.com/threads/pac-...fan-club-a-friend-to-the-special-flag.324354/

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361

Are you high?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Please do some research before trying to make an argument.

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Has anyone so far commented about the 'direct theory'?

The idea was that, for each of the little 'who's that trophy?' quizzes in the Smash Direct, one newcomer corresponding to the series of the trophy character will be revealed in the near future. Since the trophies were Tiki (Fire Emblem), Fi (Legend of Zelda), Pseudo-Palutena (Kid Icarus), and King Kihunter (Metroid), a lot of people are saying we might get Chrom, Ghirahim (possibly Ganondorf), Palutena, and Ridley. It's a bit of a long shot, but I could see it happening.

Kyuuki

Smash Rookie
Wooo, we've got some really defensive Pac-Man fans here! I didn't mean to offend, just saying that in my opinion, there's just not enough there to make a compelling moveset. I'm sure it's technically possible to do with stuff like the butt bounce and generic punches and kicks, but it would be an awfully bland fighting style. I'm not totally discounting the possibility (they included Wii Fit Trainer after all,) but I think it would really be forced, and I'm not sure that Namco's influence will be enough to make them make THAT much of a stretch.

Time will tell though.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Has anyone so far commented about the 'direct theory'?

The idea was that, for each of the little 'who's that trophy?' quizzes in the Smash Direct, one newcomer corresponding to the series of the trophy character will be revealed in the near future. Since the trophies were Tiki (Fire Emblem), Fi (Legend of Zelda), Pseudo-Palutena (Kid Icarus), and King Kihunter (Metroid), a lot of people are saying we might get Chrom, Ghirahim (possibly Ganondorf), Palutena, and Ridley. It's a bit of a long shot, but I could see it happening.
Many times before, but I highly doubt that is hinting anything.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wooo, we've got some really defensive Pac-Man fans here! I didn't mean to offend, just saying that in my opinion, there's just not enough there to make a compelling moveset. I'm sure it's technically possible to do with stuff like the butt bounce and generic punches and kicks, but it would be an awfully bland fighting style. I'm not totally discounting the possibility (they included Wii Fit Trainer after all,) but I think it would really be forced, and I'm not sure that Namco's influence will be enough to make them make THAT much of a stretch.

Time will tell though.
You didn't exactly offend anyone. It's just were tired of hearing that argument.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
My mindset is that they will reveal the rest original 12, Jigglypuff(my god please leave Smash Bros and never come back), THE CAP'N, and Ness. They will reveal 1-2 newcomers that I am nonchalant about but are awesome for others. They will NOT reveal Mewtwo in any form.

This serves the multi-purpose of a realistic approach, a preparation for no hype character-wise, and ample rails for a hype train to possibly ride on. Also, I'm using this as a counter-balance for karma. The Charizard reveal's badassery got me much more hyped than I shouldve been, I nearly evolved into a Charizard in my damn seat. Therefore, my recompense is to be punished in the form of 0 wanted newcomers/veterans.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Veterans -
Ganondorf
Lucas
Ike
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Snake
Mewtwo

Newcomers -
K. Rool
Ridley
Shulk
Palutena
Mii
Some New Third Party

Those are some that I think have a chance. I think we will only get 3-5 newcomers, reason I think we will get more this year is because Nintendo is really trying hard to hype up E3.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

Also people be like
"10 newcomers and 15 vets must be announced."
Anything more than like, 4, is crazy.
Yeah I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

And we had 5 (four vets and 1 newcomer) in the last direct. Last E3 we had 12 (9 vets and 3 newcomers). And this IS E3 we're talking about. You either go big or go home with your trailers. Unless they're just teasers I suppose.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Yeah I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

And we had 5 (four vets and 1 newcomer) in the last direct. Last E3 we had 12 (9 vets and 3 newcomers). And this IS E3 we're talking about. You either go big or go home with your trailers. Unless they're just teasers I suppose.
Sorry, I meant newcomers, as in four newcomers.
Also, he thought the other guy was using nintendotard as an insult, and that insult on a Nintendo site is pretty stupid. He wasn't aware there was a guy actually named Nintendotard.
It's like when a friend calls there other friend the shortened version of Richard [haha avoided censors] and a random guy goes "That's not nice at all" but that's the guy's actual name.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing 3 newcomers and at least 4 veterans. It'll be close to the time of the final roster reveal, I doubt they'll divulge too much as they'll still want people to be pleasantly surprised when they unlock unannounced characters.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Vets:
Snake. At this point, it seems like it's E3 or nothing for Snake.
Mewtwo
Wario

Newbies:
Pac-Man
Palutenia
K. Rool

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Other:

Wario is going to be announced on May 11th, so the last veteran announced before E3.

Vets:

Captain Falcon, Jiggs, Ness, and Ganondorf will be announced at the end of the Smash Invitational.

Newcomers:

Chrom, Palutena, Mii, Ridley, and Pac-Man as the show closer. The day after E3 Chorus Men is announced like how Wii Fit Trainer was last year.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't get the hate for Pac-man personally, he seems like a fine character. I just hope they don't pull anything from ****ty cartoon.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Well that's Dillon off some people's lists.

TBH, I think if Ganondorf gets an extreme revamp, I think it would be best revealed at E3.
True, but I'd be very happy for him to return to how he was in Melee. Surprisingly one of my favourites in that game, along with Roy, Mario, Link, Marth and Mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Vets:
Snake (hopefully)
Probably Wario or Ice Climbers. I imagine most remaining vets are being kept unlockable.

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Perhaps Shulk

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Some hype Veterans like Gannondorf, Ness, or Captain Falcon. As for Newcomers, I bet it'll be one that's a fan favorite, like Shulk or Chrom or Palutena, and then one that's an off-the-wall character, like a Rhythm Heaven representative. And possibly Namco getting a rep, like Pac-Man, or Lloyd.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I don't want alot for e3
there is just one thing I need
I don't care about the newbies
underneath the super smash tree

Make my wish come true
baby all i need for e3
is Mewtwoooooooooooo! Oooooooo baby!

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
If either Ridley, Palutena or K. Rool are playable, E3 is the time to reveal them, seeing as they're the three most requested Newcomers worldwide.

I'll be legitimately shocked if none of these 3 are shown at E3.

Besides at least one of K. Rool, Palutena and Ridley, if Pacman and/or Mii are in the game (both highly likely), they'll surely be revealed at E3 as Pac-Man is one of the most recognizable characters of all time, and E3 would be a great chance to show off how Mii's work with their customization.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
You guys got your expectations WAY high. It's going to be one newcomer, like they have done in past presentations. I don't think they can reveal many more characters, because they got to save the unlockables until after launch, and there might be one or two more veterans left (WHERE'S MAH META KNIGHT).

Top Bottom