• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Veterans:
Meta Knight
Gannondorf
Falco
Wario
Lucas
Game and watch
Ice climbers
Rest of the remaining 12 original veterans.
Snake
Mewtwo?
Newcomers:
Palutena, King K Rool, Shulk, Ridley, Chrom, Namco Rep

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I too am quite excited to see how they've altered Ganondorf, I was actually thinking it'd be pretty cool if they used his Wind Waker design for this game because it's a nice design and fits with the vibrant colors of the game.
I honestly wouldn't mind; something brighter and less detailed would be aesthetically diverse for Ganondorf.

Better Ganon to reveal out of all Ganondorfs:

This Ganon will make people really happy for sure.
This is also true; it is about time we got a second Ganondorf incarnation on the roster.

I suppose when it comes down to it, I am cool with whatever they do with Ganondorf.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
We had 5 newcomers in Brawl's trailer, so I don't know too much as to why you guys are limiting yourselves. ANYWAY, getting on topic here:
Veterans:
Snake
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Newcomers:
Palutena
Shulk
Chrom
Pac Man
Mii

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I'm expecting:

Veterans:
Ness
Cpt. Falcon
Ganondorf
Wario
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Palutena
Mii
1 or 2 others (Chorus Men/Shulk/Chrom?)

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Watch everybody be mad about no Ness or Cpt.Falcon [and to a lesser extent Jigglypuff] showing up before the game.
I wouldn't necessarily be mad, but just to see him participate in a character reveal or some gameplay would be nice. He may very well be unlockable.

D

Deleted member

Veterans: I'm thinking that we might see a decloned Ganondorf at last. I dunno about Meta Knight or Wario yet... I think that they would be revealed here if they aren't revealed next month. I can also see Ness and Captain Falcon.

Newcomers: This is tricky to predict. I'm just going out on a limb and predict Shulk, Palutena, Pac-Man, and the Chorus Men.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Veterans:

Snake (if he returns he should be shown at E3 or before)
Wario
maybe MetaKnight
maybe ICs
The three above could be revealed before E3 though... in this case maybe some others, or no vets at all.
Oh, right, Ganondorf is also a likely possibility.

Newcomers:

PacMan (if he's in)
Mii...
Maybe someone else who would really hype people, like...
Mewtwo (could be saved for after the release too)
Ridley (maybe?)
K. Rool / Dixie...

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Vets:
Wario
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Ganondorf
Snake (hopefully)
MEWTWO

Snake and mewtwo need to be shown a e3. Mewtwo because he's probably the most requested character and snake because he's 3rd party.

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Shulk
K Rool
Palutena
Chrom
Isaac (plz nintendo)
Ridley (unlesss he's actually just a stage boss)
Mii ( I hate the character idea, but very likely to be in the game)

I only expect about 3-4 of these newcomers to actually be shown. If Pac Man and Ridley are in the game, they will definitely appear in some big reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No special treatment doesn't mean no character. Just because the boss hired his own son doesn't mean it's nepotism. For all you know he actually earned that business diploma.

That analogy went to a weird place.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I don't expect to see a ton of character reveals. If Brawl was any indication, characters that aren't heavily hyped (Sonic and Snake) are never revealed pre-launch. I expect so see more about stages and the Wii U version's single player.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Some of your lists make me look pessimistic! I thought I was being optimistic here saying 5-6 characters. :eek:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch ???
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wario
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
Falco
Jigglypuff

Newcomers:
Pac-man
Palutena
Minecraft Steve :troll:
I honestly don't think namco is getting a rep sakurai said there getting no special treatment.
Well, they got their own item. (The Special Flag) He may at least appear as one of the things that can be summoned from the item. Pac-man is one of the most iconic characters from gaming. (Along with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, etc.)

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Newcomers: Palutena, Shulk, Miis, Pacman
Veterans: Any of the following who haven't been revealed on the website by then: Wario, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Ness/Lucas, Ike (if he's back).

I'm feeling a Shulk reveal due to the highly likely X blowout we'll see at E3 this year.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch ???
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wario
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
Falco
Jigglypuff

Newcomers:
Pac-man
Palutena
Minecraft Steve :troll:

Well, they got their own item. (The Special Flag) He may at least appear as one of the things that can be summoned from the item. Pac-man is one of the most iconic characters from gaming. (Along with Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, etc.)
if you were to show the modern art of pac man to 3rd world countries he most likely would not be recognized so he really aint that iconic anymore.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
3 Veterans and 3 Newcomers is the ideal scenario in my eyes.
This would make the starting roster 35. Brawl's was 25 slots, Melee has 15. I think this one will follow suit.

As for whom...
Possible Veterans:
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Wario
Lucas
Mewtwo
Ike

Possible Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Shulk
Palutena
DK Newcomer
Chrom

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Why do people think Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ness will be starters. They are probably unlockables. Luigi was only revealed because it was the Year of Luigi.
Because for all we know he could pull a Melee and make Cap and Ness starters again... plus even if they aren't, he's still revealing characters that are obviously not going to be starter characters before the game comes out.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see Sakurai throw us a curve ball (Isaac would be dandy) but if that Sal leak is accurate his E3 "curve ball" might end up being Shulk (Which I would love, mind!) but it wouldn't have as much impact as originally intended.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd love to see Sakurai throw us a curve ball (Isaac would be dandy) but if that Sal leak is accurate his E3 "curve ball" might end up being Shulk (Which I would love, mind!) but it wouldn't have as much impact as originally intended.
Shulk and Isaac aren't exactly curveballs, those are characters the majority would expect.
A real curveball would be Nintendog Trainer, Kawashima, and technically Chorus Men.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why do people think Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ness will be starters. They are probably unlockables. Luigi was only revealed because it was the Year of Luigi.
Brawl revealed a bunch of unlockables on the Dojo well before launch.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Veterans: Lucas, Wolf, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Meta Knight and/or Wario.
Newcomers: Ridley/ Palutena/ Chrom/ Shulk in the trailer. Pac Man in the chalenger approaching trailer. A surprise character that nobody expects in the surprise trailer. A surprise newcomer a bit expected in the tournment.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I definitely think C. Falcon and Pac-man will be shown off at E3.

How I feel about Miis:

Though I guess at this point they have pretty much one of the best chances...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Shulk and Isaac aren't exactly curveballs, those are characters the majority would expect.
A real curveball would be Nintendog Trainer, Kawashima, and technically Chorus Men.
In a way I feel like they are curve balls, especially Isaac.

I feel like at this point people are jaded against Isaac's chances to the point that they'd be taken aback by his inclusion. Even though he's my number one most wanted and I support him hugely and I'll always say I expect him......if he ever actually becomes playable I'll feel genuinely shocked. Probably even more shocked than Wii Fit Trainer or Chorus Men could ever make me.

Might just be pessimism creeping in though.

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Veterans
Ness (EarthBound Anniversary)
Wario (I just have a hunch, he kinda has a Yoshi effect; where everyone wants to see him but we know he is coming)
Cpt. Falcon (The HYPE that would build if they showed a Falcon Punch)
Falco
Ganondorf

Newcomers
Pac Man (Dem leaks)
Mii (Dem leaks)
Shulk (Dem leaks. MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURIA)
Chrom (Dem leaks, REPLACE IKE)

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Because for all we know he could pull a Melee and make Cap and Ness starters again... plus even if they aren't, he's still revealing characters that are obviously not going to be starter characters before the game comes out.
Those atleast have some sort of anniversairy or something. Ness is the only possibility.
Brawl revealed a bunch of unlockables on the Dojo well before launch.
Sakurai might have learned his leasson on over hyping games by now.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Veterans I feel we could potentially have revealed at E3 are Wario (assuming he's not when MK8 releases the 29th or 30th), Meta Knight (assuming he's not when KTD releases the 2nd or 16th), Falco, Mewtwo (definitely with it's own trailer, welcome back!) and/or Ganondorf. I'm thinking 2 to 3.

Newcomers would be Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, King K. Rool, Chrom, Ridley and/or Shulk. 2 to 3 newcomers as well.

I'll be pretty shocked if Ridley does get revealed as a playable character but I also still have hope, even if it has depleted.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Those atleast have some sort of anniversairy or something. Ness is the only possibility.

Sakurai might have learned his leasson on over hyping games by now.
I guess for the most part, but what about Lucario, Marth, and Toon Link?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The only unlockables that were revealed pre-launch were Snake and Sonic, for obvious marketing/hype reasons
To US audiences, the entire roster was revealed on the website by release day. For Japan, not, but it still clear that the US wasn't saved any real spoiler. They were just there, and by that time, unless you shielded yourself from the internet, you were likely spoiled.
Heck, the intro of the game revealed some unlockables pre-Japan release.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
For E3, I'm expecting a similar newcomer format to last year's E3. 2 popular newcomers and and 1 unexpected newcomer. While I think there will be 1 or 2 veterans shown. Who knows, maybe they'll reveal most of the cast because of the 3DS release soon.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
To US audiences, the entire roster was revealed on the website by release day. For Japan, not, but it still clear that the US wasn't saved any real spoiler. They were just there, and by that time, unless you shielded yourself from the internet, you were likely spoiled.
Heck, the intro of the game revealed some unlockables pre-Japan release.
By "pre-release", I mean before the Japanese release. There was no point in keeping it secret anymore. SSB4 is probably going to release internationally.

Top Bottom