• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pretty simple question really for an E3 topic. Which newcomers and veterans do you think will be revealed at E3.
I think Ganondorf will come back revealed with a new moveset in addition to Pac-Man, Dr. Kawashima, and Mii.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I was waiting for this thread.

Personally, I think Sakurai might go with a mixture of veterans and newcomers and I have listed their likelyhood (IMO) below.

Newcomers
1.Palutena
2.Chrom
3.Mii
4.Pac-Man
5.Ridley (I'm not even sure anymore)

Veterans:
1. Mewtwo
2. Wario
3. Ganondorf
4. Ike
5. Ness/Lucas

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Vets:
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo (Has his own trailer)
Ike
Wario

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Mii (After direct/presentation)
Palutena

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm thinking we'll see three newcomers revealed; Pac-Man, Mii and one of Palutena/King K. Rool/Mewtwo.

Also, I'm disappointed that the topics from last year aren't here. It'd be nice to see them again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Starting with the no brainers of the newcomers

Either mewtwo or ridley or both

We also can get pac-man

Palutena just to get it over with the troll was almost a confession that plautena is playable

Theres also the mii for custimaztion

For veterans below from most likely to least likely

Meta knight (see what changes are done to him)
Ice climbers (first retro character to get confirmed)
Wario (could be revealed there but more likely for mario kart 8 unless one of the other veterans is playable in mario kart 8 in this case if R.O.B guest stars again that makes him possible for a special case)

Last edited:

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
Veterans:
Meta Knight
Gannondorf
Mewtwo
Wario
(All appear in a villains trailer)

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Palutena
Chrom
King K. Rool

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Remember last time when you guys expected K. Rool / Palutena / Ridley combo and lots of newcomers from last E3. Something tells me we should expect that situation again. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Remember last time when you guys expected K. Rool / Palutena / Ridley combo and lots of newcomers from last E3. Something tells me we should expect that situation again. :troll:
At least I have the honor of being one of those people who only got Mega Man right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Impossible to guess the newcomer, logically it would be characters from Sal's leak.

I will never give up the Takamaru dream though.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Newcomers I think maybe Palutena, Pac-Man, and another popular request like Mii's or Chrom.

Veterans: Metaknight, Wario, and Ganondorf. Just some random guesses.

I think Ice Climbers will be revealed before E3 for some reason.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Veterans will be more supporting characters most likely, but I could see one of the Mother boys. Mewtwo is very plausible, and another fan favorite is totally possible.

Newcomers... Shulk, Pac-Man, Mii. I can see it being pretty good at that. Maybe one more.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai wanted to save Mewtwo for a really big event, because he knows that Mewtwo is the most requested in Japan AND America, not putting him in would be foolish.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Newcomers: Isaac, Pacman, Ridley

Veterans: Wario, Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Falco, G/W

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Veterans:
If Snake is back, this is where he'll be revealed.
If Meta Knight, Wario, Ice Climbers and possibly one of Ness/Lucas aren't revealed by then they should show up here in my opinion.
If Mewtwo is revealed here I can see them doing another dual trailer, revealing Jigglypuff with her new fairy-moves (if any) alongside the appearance of Mewtwo.

Newcomers:
If Pac-Man is in the game, he'll be revealed here.
Can see the Miis being somewhat involved here.
Probably a highly requested character. Shulk, K.Rool, Palutena, Chrom, or the pipe dreams of Ridley.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Veterans:
If Snake is back, this is where he'll be revealed.
If Meta Knight, Wario, Ice Climbers and possibly one of Ness/Lucas aren't revealed by then they should show up here in my opinion.
If Mewtwo is revealed here I can see them doing another dual trailer, revealing Jigglypuff with her new fairy-moves (if any) alongside the appearance of Mewtwo.

Newcomers:
If Pac-Man is in the game, he'll be revealed here.
Can see the Miis being somewhat involved here.
Probably a highly requested character. Shulk, K.Rool, Palutena, Chrom, or the pipe dreams of Ridley.
Or revealing Mewtwo with another pokemon newcomer that is much more deserving then Puff.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Or revealing Mewtwo with another pokemon newcomer that is much more deserving then Puff.
Think Sakurai will improve her moveset due to her new typing. Whether or not he'll want to reveal it pre-release is maybe being slightly optimistic however.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I would probably say at least a good number of veteran characters and maybe some newcomer characters. I'm pretty sure they won't unveil all the characters within E3.

Also, if they are going to unveil any newcomer characters, I do hope for at least a surprise unveil just like how Greninja was revealed.

Last edited:

ffadicted

Smash Rookie
Jiggs Cpt Falcon and Ness for sure... don't hold out on me sakurai, I want my jiggs, and I want her back to melee glory days

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Not expecting much honestly. I would say definitely Pac-man and maybe Meta-knight, Wario or Iceclimbers if they haven't been revealed by that time. Other than that they may reveal another newcomer or two but I think we're pretty close to the finalized starter roster at this point.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Newcomers:
Shulk, Pac-Man

Veterans:
Wario, Meta Knight

Palutena is basically already revealed.. It makes sense for her to be a secret character with a formal reveal after the 3DS release. Shulk lining up with a more formal X reveal at E3 makes sense. I also don't think they'll keep a 3rd party character secret, so I think Pac-Man is about to be shown. I could see them showing off more veterans but I don't think it would be the ones people are expecting. Ice Climbers, if any of the other Pokemon Trainer pokemon are back.. these are who I can see happening. Characters like Jigglypuff, Ness, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco... are basically givens for secret characters. If Mewtwo is playable, I can see it going any way.. after E3 but before Smash release, after release of 3DS but before Wii U, or at E3. All these options make sense.

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Jigglypuff, Ness, Captain Falcon, Wario, and Mewtwo if he's in, are all Veterans I'd expect most.

I also agree with a previously mentioned sentiment that if Pac-man is in, we'll find out during E3. I'll go a step further and say that if any third party characters remain, we'll likely see them then or never. Of course, this could all be wrong, I'm just daring to guess for once.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would say Pac-Man and Ridley. Mewtwo would also be revealed, and given the newcomer treatment.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Newcomers: Shulk, Chrom, Palutena, something else possibly
Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Jiggs

Shulk and Captain Falcon are the only ones super important to me.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Why do people think Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ness will be starters. They are probably unlockables. Luigi was only revealed because it was the Year of Luigi.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Of all the unnanounced newcomers they have to show the most requested (come on it's E3, they have to show their best cards to hype people), so I think Ridley, Shulk, Paulatena, Chrom and Pacman. Assuming any of those characters are in.

For veterans Ness, Cap. Falcon, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Ike and Mewtwo. Again, assuming they return (At least talking about the last 3)

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Veterans
Captain Falcon
Ness
Meta Knight
Falco
Possibly Mewtwo

Newcomers
Pac-Man
Chrom
Palutena
Shulk

As you can tell, I really don't like the idea of Mii's playable, but that's beside the point.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
If Wario isn't confirmed by E3 he'll be one of the vets confirmed for sure.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
If Wario isn't confirmed by E3 he'll be one of the vets confirmed for sure.
Wario was inadvertantly confirmed when they showed the Ashley assist trophy because it had a Wario icon next to it's name, same goes for Captain Falcon with the presence of Samurai Gorroh. Imo Wario will most likely be revealed either on or close to e3 along with the Captain.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Wario was inadvertantly confirmed when they showed the Ashley assist trophy because it had a Wario icon next to it's name, same goes for Captain Falcon with the presence of Samurai Gorroh. Imo Wario will most likely be revealed either on or close to e3 along with the Captain.
Yeah, I'm not worried, I just think it'd be really odd to wait to reveal one of the most liked Brawl newcomers after E3 with so little time before release.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch

Newcomers: Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Chrom, Pac-Man, Mii

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Newcomers:

Shulk
Palutena
Possibly Chrom and/or Ridley
King K. Rool
Preferably not Chorus Men, Pac-Man, or Mii.
Hopefully, but unlikely, Bandana Dee.

Veterans:

Mewtwo and/or Jigglypuff
Ike
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Ness and/or Lucas. Preferably both.
Ganondorf
Wario
Snake
Ice Climbers
Falco
Hopefully, but very unlikely, Roy.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ganondorf; I can't wait to see what they do with him, maybe they actually do impute his move-set to Black Shadow (which is my most anticipated newcomer). Other than that, I would assume obvious purple creatures like Ridley and Mewtwo would also be unveiled.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
I too am quite excited to see how they've altered Ganondorf, I was actually thinking it'd be pretty cool if they used his Wind Waker design for this game because it's a nice design and fits with the vibrant colors of the game.

Top Bottom