• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
By "pre-release", I mean before the Japanese release. There was no point in keeping it secret anymore. SSB4 is probably going to release internationally.
The intro of the game, as I stated before, was shown pre-launch and it revealed some unlockables.

4 might go international as it seems to work for Nintendo.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Y'know, with the whole tournament and Best Buy thing, I think it'll be a cool surprise if they revealed the whole SSB4 roster. Disproving anything before the game's 3DS release and just letting things cool down.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Veterans
G
anondorf (sword please!)
Wario
Ness
Falco
G&W
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Meta Knight
Mewtwo (MAYBE)

Newcomers
Chrom
Ghirahim

I know we won't now because if too many Pokemon reps, but I would LOVE to see Blaziken. I know, 99% it won't happen, but think of it. Seriously. (first post guys! :D )

Last edited:

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Ridley, Mewtwo, and Palutena are all locks imo. Most likely will see a new Fire Emblem character too. (Probably Chrom)

Mayday

Smash Cadet
Veterans:
Falcon
Falco
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
Jigglypuff

Newcomers:
Chrom/Lucina
Shulk (or main character from X)

My guess is that Shulk, Gannon, and Chrom will be announced after they show more info on X, SMT x Fire Emblem, and Legend of Zelda Wii U

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
for newcomers: we have space for more one Direct (or standalone trailer) before E3, right?... So, we can have one more newcomer before the great show (I bet in Palutena). Then, Chorus Men, Shulk, Mii, Chrom and Pac-Man at E3; hopefully not be the only ones.. I mean, after E3, there's still time. :\/.

for veterans: next month I bet in Wario and/or maybe Cap. Falcon.. the rest, everything together at E3 footage with some simple title cards. (as seen in the end of Smash Direct).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ridley.
Definitley Ridley.
And also Pac-Man.

And maybe some other hype-builders, like K. Rool, Pale Tuna, or Chrom.

Oh, Miis too.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Anything that'll make an impact. So..

Newcomers:

1. Ridley
2. Pac-Man
3. Takamaru, and/or
4. Prince Sable

Veterans:

1. Ness
2. Captain Falcon
3. Jigglypuff

Rounds out the Smash 64 roster, introduces a popular Western character, a popular Eastern character, and introduces a character everyone's expecting, so they might as well finally come out and say it.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm gonna go on a limb and say Excitebiker.
Or at least, some oddball rep we've never thought of.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Falco, Wolf, Metaknight and Wario for Veterans, maybe Ganondorf

Chrom, Mii, King K. Rool and some random character for newcomers.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Vets:
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo (Has his own trailer)
Ike
Wario

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
Mii (After direct/presentation)
Palutena
I really like this post, I agree 99% but I really don't want to see mii. As long as Mii gets its own moveset that has nothing to do with customization or anything to do with the other fighters. I'm cool with it.

I just don't want to see a bunch of miis online, it would ruin the whole Nintendo crossover game.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not to early Nintendo history though, unlike Mega Man.
I'll be honest, I don't know his whole history, but he has appeared in a Mario racing game.

Also, anyone who's played the arcade game of Pac-man has most-likely noticed the art on the side of the machine, which has a design used in more of his games, and Pac-man is just a yellow ball and looks similar to his 8-bit self, even more so if you imagine him without the eyes, nose, and limbs, so I don't think being recognizable is a problem.

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Veterans- Ness, C Falcon, and Jiggs. Possibly Wario, Ganon, Metaknight, Ice Climbers, and Falco/Wolf.
Newcomers- Last 3rd party character if there is one, Palutena, K Rool (fingers crossed)

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Day 1- We start with a lot of hype with the reveal of ridley, king k rool and pacman
Day 2- We continue with 3 newcomers like Palutena, Mii and Takamaru
Day 3- to end we get ganondorf, meta knight and mewtwo striking back

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Newcomers
Pacster
Palutena
Chrom
Taka (IF Kamiya's next project involves him)

Veterans
Wario
Ganon
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Jiggs

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Here's a couple likely candidates....

VETERANS:
Captain Falcon
Ness
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Wario
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
Mr. Game and Watch
Edit: Falco

NEWCOMERS:
Palutena
King K.Rool
Chrom....or maybe Robin
Bandanna Dee
Takamaru

But who can tell. This is Sakurai we're talking about.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pac-Man, and that's about all I expect. Snake would also make sense, considering how close we'll be to the 3DS release at that point.

RafalRib

Smash Cadet
NNID
RafalRib
3DS FC
4184-2119-2641
Veterans:
Mr.Game and Watch (Cause he represents Nintendo's first handhelds)
Ice Climbers (First Retro characters to come back)
Meta Knight (Just like before)
Wario (Just like before)
Mewtwo (With one of his Mega evolutions as Final Smash)
Ganondorf (With new move set)

Newcomers:
Mii
Pac-Man (as the last 3rd party for this game)
Palutena
Chrom

Other Veterans like Ness, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff will be a secret so willbe not revealed at the E3

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
My hopes:

Vets (considering they're not unveiled before hand)
- Game & Watch
- R.O.B.
- Ice Climbers
- Wario
- Falco
- If he makes it back in, then Snake
- Ganondorf
- Mewtwo (as a villains trailer since both may be heavily revamped)

Newcomers
- Marshal/Chorus Men (we need a big surprise, and if this is true, it will be them)
- Ridley (enough teases Sakurai!; he'll be apart of a villains trailer with Ganondorf and Mewtwo)
- Palutena
- Mii
- Pac-Man

I agree with @ RafalRib RafalRib the secret veterans might not be revealed so they shall stay secret. The same fate goes for Wolf and Lucas and Ike to see if they still made it in.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'm beginning to think a lot of people will be upset with the final roster. People are expecting a lot of newcomers, but I don't know if we'll get many more...

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm beginning to think a lot of people will be upset with the final roster. People are expecting a lot of newcomers, but I don't know if we'll get many more...
People were upset/disappointed with the final roster for Melee and Brawl, too. I'm pretty much expecting the same here, as well.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
People were upset/disappointed with the final roster for Melee and Brawl, too. I'm pretty much expecting the same here, as well.
Yeah. To be honest, I'm happy with the newcomers we have now, but I do think we'll get a few more, just not many more. I think we'll get all the main veterans, with characters like Wolf and Lucas cut.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If I were to at least have a guess at which veteran characters could possibly be unveiled, then I would say Meta-Knight and Wario.

I'm still thinking that they could show at least 2 newcomer characters during E3 and I hope these newcomers can provide a surprise.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
What is the indication that Mewtwo is in?

Besides fan support and that Greninja tease/troll, I don't see anything pointing towards him being in.

Those two things alone don't guarantee his inclusion in the game. Not even close.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I don't understand the Ridley thing. I highly doubt he'll be in, I don't think he'd work (not because of his size)
All I know is when people say "how will they fit into Smash Bros." I just look at Villager and Wii Fit Trainer and smile.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Good point actually. (was meant to be a reply to Nintendotard, didn't work o_O)

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, it's not very likely. They weren't revealed before Brawl either. I mean, it could, but the fact that next to everybody thinks that small chance will definitely happen is a bit ridiculous.
I would say I'm more hopeful than expecting though.

Staarih

Smash Master
Seeing as we've missed quite a few opportunities to reveal the Ice Climbers through PotD's, I think they're saved for E3. They've been starter characters every time so far, and I think they'll stay like that in this game too, so there's no reason not to reveal them before release. This month doesn't have anything going on for them though (and we don't know if we'll even get any more character reveals before E3 - if we do, I think MetaKnight and Wario are the safest bets anyway) and an E3 reveal would be good for IC's, especially if they've been changed drastically or even a bit (seeing as they did have problems on the 3DS) so that can be discussed about, sort of like they did with Sheik and ZSS on the Smash Direct. That's the only veteran(s) I'm expecting, but I think we'll see one or two more, especially if none are shown this month (hopefully Snake is one of them).

As for newcomers, I truly wish for Ridley and Mewtwo, since those two are on very questionable grounds at the moment (the former especially). Pac-Man seems to be a more "realistic" expectation, but for some reason I'm not 100% betting on it just yet. I don't know how many newcomers we could get though, but I'd be more than satisfied with those three. Or a Paper Mario reveal of course (that alone would let me die happy).

Last edited:
Top Bottom