• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

ctr

Smash Rookie
Even if we're getting a demo at E3 it doesn't necessarily mean the game is finished. Like with everything they show before release date, things are subject to change, and there's still a pretty long wait till Summer. There's still hope.
As for the 3DS version, I can see them maybe re-using voice clips from Awakening there as it would be easier and kinda make more sense. But hey maybe this means we get a unique, different character to rep Fire Emblem?

ctr

Smash Rookie
Or more likely he's under contract and can't say that Chrom is in.
I think he would have just said "I can't comment on that." But fans would take it as a confirmation anyway. I still don't think he'd lie though. Maybe he /is/ in, they just haven't recorded voices for him? Then saying he "hasn't been called" isn't technically a lie since they haven't called him in to record.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
going by the statistics and chances, Wario and captain Falcon have the highest chances of being revealed tomorrow.

ctr

Smash Rookie
Alright guys, it's almost time. Last chance to voice your predictions. I'm sticking with the ones I mentioned before.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
I predict:
  • Wario
  • Ice Climbers
  • Some other vets
  • Pacman
  • Mii
  • FE rep
  • Ridley
  • Mewtwo
  • Someone unexpected
Wishful thinking perhaps, we may not get this many chars.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
At this point the character I'm hoping for the most is Meta Knight, as I'm not expecting Ridley to show up. I'm just tired of not having my main revealed when he's so incredibly obviously in the game. Heck, Halberd made me hopeful for a second in the Direct. Wario seems likely too.

So yeah, that leaves me at Wario, Meta Knight and Pac-Man (my first post in the thread.) I'm sure we're going to get more, probably one or two more newcomers, but I'm at a blank on that front. Perhaps Mii.

Last edited:

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I'm just going to guess Pac-Man now. We could get other veterans, but I don't think we'll get anymore newcomers than that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Last minute predictions:

Newcomers: Pac-Man and either Chrom or Some third character we thought was deconfirmed/a long shot. Vague!
Veterans: Wario, Metaknight, Ice Climbers, and either Falcon OR Ness (but not both.)

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Newcomers will be Pacman and Chrom
Vets will be Wario, Metaknight, and Cap

money has been placed

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
My last min predictions: Pac-Man, Palutena and Shulk. Maybe Krystal considering that SF leak...

Also, the only thing Nintendo is doing today for E3 is the stream on Twitch, right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
My last min predictions: Pac-Man, Palutena and Shulk. Maybe Krystal considering that SF leak...

Also, the only thing Nintendo is doing today for E3 is the stream on Twitch, right?
They're following up with additional commentary on the trailer reveals with the Treehouse, then there's the Smash Invitational this evening.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
All on Twitch, correct?
Not all on Twitch I don't think. The Invitational is on Twitch, but I don't know if the Treehouse is or not. The Roundtable discussion is also going on today for Smash Bros., and that one I know for a fact ISN'T on Twitch.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Not all on Twitch I don't think. The Invitational is on Twitch, but I don't know if the Treehouse is or not. The Roundtable discussion is also going on today for Smash Bros., and that one I know for a fact ISN'T on Twitch.
Is the Smash roundtable discussion even going to be anywhere online? I'd be kinda disappointed if it wasn't.

Top Bottom