• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Grasping to a most likely fake Smash leak eehhh? That never worked out for me, last time I predicted Diddy+Dixie and Baby Mario+Yoshi duo in February. Look how that turned out.
Diddy+Dixie was ACTUALLY planned for Brawl! But, Sakurai and the team couldn't figure out how it would work. Let's be honest, it would be kind of weird. Baby Mario and Yoshi unfortunately would never happen. Yoshi would HAVE to be a standalone character. By the way, did you predict that when YNI was released?

SmashCast

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EpicPJ516
Hype?
King K. Rool, do I have to say more?
King K. Rool has a little bit of a chance, we got a new DK representative in Brawl, so why not now.
Also, this game is very retro with Little Mac and Mega Man being in.
Lastly, Kremlings are in Smash Run. Do I have to say more? :)

Delicious Tears

Smash Journeyman
Veterans: Captain Falcon, Ness, George Lucas, Ice Climbers, Falco, Wario, Meta Knight, Snake and Pichu

Newcomers: Palutena, Google Chrom, Pac-Man, and Lip

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Veterans: Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Wario, Wolf (maybe a big bad trailer?)
Newcomers: Isaac, Sami, Shulk, Ridley

Except for potentially Ridley, I don't think any newcomers from an existing franchise will be shown. Existing villains might be shown off in a "big bad" trailer and then show Ridley in the same trailer. Just mindless speculation.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I will literally scream if Lloyd gets revealed.

If Pac Man gets revealed I'll cry, but I'll understand.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I will literally scream if Lloyd gets revealed.

If Pac Man gets revealed I'll cry, but I'll understand.
Frankly, I think Sakurai MIGHT have decided to pick Lloyd over Pac-Man, but I didn't throw Lloyd into my predictions because my predictions are iffy enough as is and Lloyd would've added fuel to the fire. But in all honesty Lloyd would be a far better choice than Pac-Man in all areas except for how iconic he is in comparison to Pac-Man, and picking out a moveset for Lloyd would be insanely easy compared to coming up with an original moveset for Pac-Man that doesn't just feel like Pac-Man is a semi-clone of Sonic.

Lloyd could easily just be ripped straight out of Tales of Symphonia with preassigned techs and a couple of other minor adjustments and he'd fit right into the Smash Bros. scene. Pac-Man would take a lot more work to actually feel unique.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Newcomers - Palutena, Krystal, Pacman

Veterans - Ness, Wario, Meta Knight

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Newcomers: King K. Rool

Veterans: Wario, Ganondorf, Ness

King K. Rool would fit perfectly, getting a 4th big-guy character (Dedede, Bowser, DK and K. Rool)

And, just something about Jiggly: I personally don't want her back, but she most likely will, since she is one of the original 12. But I hope they upgrade her A LOT! The reason I never liked her is because of the moves. Her up special has so little range, it's nearly useless. Her rest could be good, but it's so hard to hit. Her side special seems so poor to be a special move. I think it would fit better as a smash attack, and get a new fairy-projectile move as her side special.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Newcomers I think maybe Palutena, Pac-Man, and another popular request like Mii's or Chrom.

Veterans: Metaknight, Wario, and Ganondorf. Just some random guesses.

I think Ice Climbers will be revealed before E3 for some reason.
Hmm, I don't think Ice Climbers will be before E3 now haha. That was Ike. So now I think we may see them at E3.

And possibly Robin instead of Chrom, but I feel like we may get a Fire Emblem newcomer.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I think(read: think, that doesn't mean WANT) we'll be getting Chrom as the newcomer reveal, and will likely see Falco, Meta Knight, and Wario most likely.

Ridley will either not be shown at E3 or be confirmed boss. Mewtwo's either a boss or not in the game.

If Shulk gets confirmed AND FE gets a third rep.. Ugh. I don't know what I'll do. The animu levels and 'cool factor' are too high, and poison my anticipation for the game. I want Smash Bros, not Smashcalibur.

Is this a betting thread? 'Cause I've got wagers.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm feeling Snake as one of the Veterans to be revealed.
I mean if he's not revealed here he's out and for some reason I don't really think he's getting cut.
The Newcomers- I'm guessing we'll get 3 and they'll be Shulk, K. Rool, and (Maybe?) Takamaru.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Frankly, I think Sakurai MIGHT have decided to pick Lloyd over Pac-Man, but I didn't throw Lloyd into my predictions because my predictions are iffy enough as is and Lloyd would've added fuel to the fire. But in all honesty Lloyd would be a far better choice than Pac-Man in all areas except for how iconic he is in comparison to Pac-Man, and picking out a moveset for Lloyd would be insanely easy compared to coming up with an original moveset for Pac-Man that doesn't just feel like Pac-Man is a semi-clone of Sonic.

Lloyd could easily just be ripped straight out of Tales of Symphonia with preassigned techs and a couple of other minor adjustments and he'd fit right into the Smash Bros. scene. Pac-Man would take a lot more work to actually feel unique.
Sakurai has said already if Namco ever gets a rep it's going to be Pac-man plain and simple (possibly go the Megaman route by modernizing Pac-man's Classic look and it can be done), Pac-man is far more wanted as a playable character than Lloyd is (since he fits in the game better than Lloyd (who's just another swordsman who could possibly end up as a semi Pit clone, but without wings (mostly in ground attacks) and since we have Mario, Sonic and Megaman all in 1 game it's fair to let Pac-man join them as the 1 who started gaming as it is, plus throwing Lloyd into the roster would destroy the games chances to sell well (Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Lloyd doesn't mesh well at all (since Lloyd's not a Namco mascot which stops Lloyd's inclusion altogether, where as Pac-man is), it's going to be Pac-man, it's either him or no Namco rep at all (Klonoa could fit in since he resembles Sonic to a degree, but he's very unlikely just as Lloyd is).

I almost guaranteed Sakurai has spent the entire 2 long years in perfecting Pac-man's moveset and whatnot (which is why he's going to be the main E3 reveal, should they choose to reveal him), if you Lloyd fanboys want him in have him as an assist trophy (it's the only way he gets in without messing up Pac-man's inclusion), also Pac-man wouldn't be a semi-clone to Sonic (since he can't run fast like Sonic, if anything his down B attack is probably going to be the only move that copies Sonic's Spin Dash/Charge).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sakurai has said already if Namco ever gets a rep it's going to be Pac-man plain and simple (possibly go the Megaman route by modernizing Pac-man's Classic look and it can be done), Pac-man is far more wanted as a playable character than Lloyd is (since he fits in the game better than Lloyd (who's just another swordsman who could possibly end up as a semi Pit clone, but without wings (mostly in ground attacks) and since we have Mario, Sonic and Megaman all in 1 game it's fair to let Pac-man join them as the 1 who started gaming as it is, plus throwing Lloyd into the roster would destroy the games chances to sell well (Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Lloyd doesn't mesh well at all (since Lloyd's not a Namco mascot which stops Lloyd's inclusion altogether, where as Pac-man is), it's going to be Pac-man, it's either him or no Namco rep at all (Klonoa could fit in since he resembles Sonic to a degree, but he's very unlikely just as Lloyd is).

I almost guaranteed Sakurai has spent the entire 2 long years in perfecting Pac-man's moveset and whatnot (which is why he's going to be the main E3 reveal, should they choose to reveal him), if you Lloyd fanboys want him in have him as an assist trophy (it's the only way he gets in without messing up Pac-man's inclusion), also Pac-man wouldn't be a semi-clone to Sonic (since he can't run fast like Sonic, if anything his down B attack is probably going to be the only move that copies Sonic's Spin Dash/Charge).
Have you even played Tales? Lloyd would be completely unique, he's NOTHING at all like Pit whatsoever, but whatever, that's besides the point. Where has Sakurai stated this anywhere? I certainly haven't seen it. The only thing Sakurai EVER said about Namco is that they won't be given a major focus.

And I'm not a Lloyd fanboy. I don't even like Lloyd that much compared to other Tales characters. I just think that there's a decent chance that Sakurai might end up adding Lloyd as a playable character instead. If its not Pac-Man, the only other character I can possibly see getting in from Namco is Lloyd. Tales is a huge franchise, has a great Nintendo presence, and Lloyd is easily the biggest Tales character Nintendo-wise.

I'm definitely NOT a Lloyd fanboy whatsoever. And yes, I'm aware Pac-Man would be slower than Sonic, that's why I said Pac-Man would be a "semi-clone" of Sonic.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Have you even played Tales? Lloyd would be completely unique, he's NOTHING at all like Pit whatsoever, but whatever, that's besides the point. Where has Sakurai stated this anywhere? I certainly have seen it. The only thing Sakurai EVER said about Namco is that they won't be given a major focus.

And I'm not a Lloyd fanboy. I don't even like Lloyd that much compared to other Tales characters. I just think that there's a decent chance that Sakurai might end up adding Lloyd as a playable character instead. If its not Pac-Man, the only other character I can possibly see getting in from Namco is Lloyd. Tales is a huge franchise, has a great Nintendo presence, and Lloyd is easily the biggest Tales character Nintendo-wise.

I'm definitely NOT a Lloyd fanboy whatsoever. And yes, I'm aware Pac-Man would be slower than Sonic, that's why I said Pac-Man would be a "semi-clone" of Sonic.
Tales is not a huge franchise and never was to begin with (yes it did get it's start on Nintendo's Gamecube system, but remember Lloyd is not Namco's mascot and to get in 3rd party has to be a significance presence to Nintendo and the Tales series hasn't had that in a long time (they had what like 3-4 games?), face it Lloyd's not getting in (especially with Pac-man still available), he will never be in Smash Bros (unless he's an assist trophy which I'll be more than happy since that's where he should be), no matter how big of a presence he is to Nintendo (his presence isn't that big compared to Pac-man), Pac-man is far bigger than Lloyd (game wise) and is even the favorite of some Nintendo exces, he's also a legendary mascot and brought gaming into what it is today, (a Smash game featuring Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man would be a legendary event never done in any video game seeing the Big 4 mascot legends all in 1 game together if Lloyd got in the games will fail because of stupid Tales fanboys ruining the moment (even if Pac's moveset is bland, they will still find a way to make him a unique character, remember both games are getting balanced), plus no one wants Lloyd in as a playable character (he has nothing that can make him unique enough, he is just another sword character (we're going to get too many sword based fighters anyways since Meta Knight is likely returning, and Chrom and possibly Shulk might be getting in).

Plus, I an anti-Tales fan and they don't deserve a playable representative especially if it's Lloyd (however if he gets in as an assist trophy (the Special Flag is going to summon Namco reps after all, so far all we have is Galaga and it's possible Dig Dug might be the other classic Namco character that gets an assist trophy (whether it's Taizo Hori (or whatever his name is), the common Pooka or Frygar) that's fine as long he doesn't steal Pac-man's spot), Pac-man is going to be the big E3 reveal (he has been hinted at numerous times already), and almost everyone wants Pac-man in.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Tales is not a huge franchise and never was to begin with (yes it did get it's start on Nintendo's Gamecube system, but remember Lloyd is not Namco's mascot and to get in 3rd party has to be a significance presence to Nintendo and the Tales series hasn't had that in a long time (they had what like 3-4 games?), face it Lloyd's not getting in (especially with Pac-man still available), he will never be in Smash Bros (unless he's an assist trophy which I'll be more than happy since that's where he should be), no matter how big of a presence he is to Nintendo (his presence isn't that big compared to Pac-man), Pac-man is far bigger than Lloyd (game wise) and is even the favorite of some Nintendo exces, he's also a legendary mascot and brought gaming into what it is today, (a Smash game featuring Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-man would be a legendary event never done in any video game seeing the Big 4 mascot legends all in 1 game together if Lloyd got in the games will fail because of stupid Tales fanboys ruining the moment (even if Pac's moveset is bland, they will still find a way to make him a unique character, remember both games are getting balanced), plus no one wants Lloyd in as a playable character (he has nothing that can make him unique enough, he is just another sword character (we're going to get too many sword based fighters anyways since Meta Knight is likely returning, and Chrom and possibly Shulk might be getting in).

Plus, I an anti-Tales fan and they don't deserve a playable representative especially if it's Lloyd (however if he gets in as an assist trophy (the Special Flag is going to summon Namco reps after all, so far all we have is Galaga and it's possible Dig Dug might be the other classic Namco character that gets an assist trophy (whether it's Taizo Hori (or whatever his name is), the common Pooka or Frygar) that's fine as long he doesn't steal Pac-man's spot), Pac-man is going to be the big E3 reveal (he has been hinted at numerous times already), and almost everyone wants Pac-man in.
No one wants Lloyd Irving? I'm constantly seeing people request Lloyd Irving all the time, many would far prefer Lloyd to Pac-Man, and clearly you have no knowledge of the Tales franchise at all. Lloyd isn't just another sword user. Lloyd's dual wielding would be an entirely new mechanic to Smash Bros. and techniques in Tales games are very unique.

No, Pit's dual wielding is nothing like Lloyd, especially since Pit only pulls apart his blades in certain circumstances. His techs can be combined both into his regular moves and some be his specials, and Tales already plays almost identical to Smash Bros. anyway (minus platforming elements, which wouldn't be difficult to incorporate).

Pac-Man is milked to death and isn't that interesting of a character. Other than his classic Arcade games, Pac-Man hasn't had the best games following up to that. He's never had major connections to Nintendo other than a couple of crossovers. His only decent post-Arcade games are World's 1 and 2, and Pac-Man Championship. That's really about it.

The Tales franchise did not start on Gamecube, it started on Super Nintendo. Well, Super Famicon; Tales of Phantasia on SNES didn't make it to the west. And Tales of Symphonia is the most popular game in the series. And the Tales series IS huge, its far bigger than Pac-Man nowadays. Its more popular in Japan, but its still popular in the west as well. With few exceptions, Tales games are universally praised, and Pac-Man rarely ever gets any good games.

Either way, I still think Pac-Man is more likely. I just think as a whole, Lloyd Irving is the better choice. And even then, honestly, I'm actually kinda anticipating we won't get a Namco rep at this point. (Plus I have no idea what "hints" are there at Pac-Man coming up, the only thing we've seen is the Special Flag which may be Namco's replacement for an actual playable character.)

Oh, and that article you mentioned? Sakurai never said he'd pick Pac-Man if a Namco character got in. Sakurai asked the IGN guy interviewing him who he'd pick for a Namco character, and the IGN interviewer said Pac-Man. Sakurai didn't say or hint at anything.

And this is getting off-topic.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I'd much rather have Lloyd than Pac-Man, even though I have no idea who the heck Lloyd is. Heck, anything is better than Pac-Man.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Can I raise my hand to join the 'hate Lloyd brigade'? I'm already on the hatewagon for Isaac and Shulk, may as well get the trifecta going(quadfecta if you count my dislike of FE characters, but Chrom's a shoe-in at this point).

Too much swordsman, too much anime, too much 'cool factor'. We need some other characters that aren't young fresh-faced 'lookit my neato weapon techs guys!' types.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd actually prefer having no Namco reps so we can get more Nintendo franchise reps.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I don't want Pac-Man personally. He's already in Street Fighter X Tekken, and that hardly sent its sales skyrocketing through the roof now, did it? Hell, I'd take back 90% of the Veterans before taking Pac-Man.

But hey, whatever if it's true. Impress me, Sakurai.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't want Pac-Man personally. He's already in Street Fighter X Tekken, and that hardly sent its sales skyrocketing through the roof now, did it? Hell, I'd take back 90% of the Veterans before taking Pac-Man.

But hey, whatever if it's true. Impress me, Sakurai.
Street Fighter X Tekken is my biggest problem with Pac-Man. Namco, a major fighting game developer, couldn't even figure out what to do with him so they had to put him in a frickin' mech. Despite what some people thing, Sakurai doesn't pull movesets out of ass.

Either way, if Pac-Man is in I'll be fine. I'd rather not have him, but its not a major deal if he does get in, and if he's announced, E3 is the time to do it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Can I raise my hand to join the 'hate Lloyd brigade'? I'm already on the hatewagon for Isaac and Shulk, may as well get the trifecta going(quadfecta if you count my dislike of FE characters, but Chrom's a shoe-in at this point).

Too much swordsman, too much anime, too much 'cool factor'. We need some other characters that aren't young fresh-faced 'lookit my neato weapon techs guys!' types.
I 100% agree, swordsman are fine as long as they're from Nintendo (and that they don't clone off anyone).

Yes you can join the Lloyd hate wagon, it's not too full nor is it empty.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Try not to turn this into a flame war, guys. It's getting kind of heated in here.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The biggest problem with Lloyd is that he doesn't represent any part of Namco, and he is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He's a character in a two-part story from Tales that makes cameos from time-to-time since Symphonia was popular.

However, he's not iconic. Maybe he is in the world of Tales fans, but he's NOT an iconic character as a whole for gaming, nor even for Nintendo, he's just a blip in all of it. Nightmare is a more iconic character for Namco than Lloyd is. Pac-Man IS Namco. It also makes sense with how he's interacted with both Mario AND Mega Man before.

Also, it seems painfully obvious people who can't think of moves for him haven't really played any Pac-Man games.

Having said that, I have nothing against Lloyd. It just seems like an incredibly stupid idea on Nintendo's/Sakurai's part to not only allow promotion of a PS3-only remake, but to not take this opportunity to actually have a clash of gaming legends (Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man & Mega Man) in favor of a random-ass Tales character just because he was on Gamecube/Wii, had a few cameos and is in a Soul Calibur spin-off.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The biggest problem with Lloyd is that he doesn't represent any part of Namco, and he is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He's a character in a two-part story from Tales that makes cameos from time-to-time since Symphonia was popular.

However, he's not iconic. Maybe he is in the world of Tales fans, but he's NOT an iconic character as a whole for gaming, nor even for Nintendo, he's just a blip in all of it. Nightmare is a more iconic character for Namco than Lloyd is. Pac-Man IS Namco. It also makes sense with how he's interacted with both Mario AND Mega Man before.

Also, it seems painfully obvious people who can't think of moves for him haven't really played any Pac-Man games.

Having said that, I have nothing against Lloyd. It just seems like an incredibly stupid idea on Nintendo's/Sakurai's part to not only allow promotion of a PS3-only remake, but to not take this opportunity to actually have a clash of gaming legends (Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man & Mega Man) in favor of a random-*** Tales character just because he was on Gamecube/Wii, had a few cameos and is in a Soul Calibur spin-off.
Moldy Clay you sir speak the truth 100%, that should keep at least the Tales/Lloyd fanboys quiet for the moment with what you said in your post right there is proof that Lloyd doesn't stand a snowball's chance of landing a playable spot for these games (if anything he'll be an assist trophy that's where he should likely be for the moment (see Minda, Skull Kid, Dillon, and Waluigi, even Wonder Red for examples, all 5 were amongst our most wanted lists for playable character till they got demoted to assist trophy, except for WR who's a regular trophy even if they don't make it in as part of the playable cast they're still in the game representing their franchises that all that matters for the most part, is that they're in the game regardless), that's why we have that Special Flag representing the assist trophies from Namco at 1st I thought it was a different unrelated item, then I slowly found out it was another version of the assist trophy, but for Namco characters only), but anyways back to Lloyd, Lloyd was only popular in 2 Tales games (both which were on Nintendo systems) which isn't enough exposure for him to even land a spot in the game (assist trophy is likely his best shot of appearing), Tales fanboys think he's iconic enough to go up against the likes of Mario, Sonic and Megaman, but the point is that he was never iconic to begin with (again the fanboys were the ones who made him think he was iconic and yet they think they have poof that Sakurai would choose Lloyd over Pac-man, because his moveset would be unique, point is that Pac-man would also have a unique moveset as well), Pac-man is iconic and is a legendary mascot who deserves a spot in the roster (and a moveset can be done for Pac easily and I'm sure Sakurai has already figured out how to balance him out), and is likely on the roster (which is why he's going to be the main E3 reveal), only reason I'm against the Tales franchise of landing a spot, is because it would literally be stealing Pac-man's only shot of getting in the game (unless his classic self is going to be a part of the Special Flag summons (we have Galaga already as the 1st 1 revealed, hard to say if Dig Dug (or 1 of his iconic enemies such as Pooka or Frygar) make it in, since they're just as iconic as Pac-man).

Which reminds me, can 2 versions of Pac-man from 2 different eras actually be in the same exact game, but in different capacities (assist trophy/special flag summon for classic Pac-man and playable for the modern Pac-man)?

Last edited:

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'm betting that there is only going to be one newcomer reveal at E3. It will either be somebody hyped to hell and back like Ridley or any Namco character, or Palutena. If it's Palutena, I doubt any other highly anticipated character will be announced.

I'm guessing around 3, 4, maybe five veterans. Mewtwo won't be one of them. In the highly unlikely chance he is, he will be revealed at e3. If he won't be shown, there is no way he will be making it in.

Veterans they have left to show (Not necessarily at E3), THat are more or less confirmed:

Wario
C. Falcon
Ness
Ice Climbers

Veterans most likely coming back:

Jigglypuff
Falco
Ganondorf
Meta Knight (Maybe?) If they had to cut a popular veteran, it would be him.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'm aware Pac-Man would be slower than Sonic, that's why I said Pac-Man would be a "semi-clone" of Sonic.
Honestly, if Pacman mkes it in, I'm sure they will giv him a unique moveset. I was nervous how Sakurai would do Little Mac, but so far his moveset looks great.

They can find something unique for Pacman if they try hard enough.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Since E3 will be the absolute best time to pull out the big guns for Smash 4, my predictions:

Veterans: :mewtwopm::metaknight::snake::warioc::falco::popo:

Newcomers: Pac Man and Ridley

:ness2::falcon: and :jigglypuff: will surely be secret. (Unless secrets are thrown out the window this time around)

fill

20EggsEggs
Since E3 will be the absolute best time to pull out the big guns for Smash 4, my predictions:

:ness2::falcon: and :jigglypuff: will surely be secret. (Unless secrets are thrown out the window this time around)
i agree those three will most likely be kept secret, and be unlockable with luigi, but for the newcomers and vets im not sure about who'd i pick but yours looks good, i due believe pac must be announced at E3 or bust, no reason to keep a third party secret and not bring hype for a company thats giving a character to the game. im not going to touch ridley, snake, or mew2. lol theres so many point - counter points for those three

And nice first post :happysheep:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
i agree those three will most likely be kept secret, and be unlockable with luigi, but for the newcomers and vets im not sure about who'd i pick but yours looks good, i due believe pac must be announced at E3 or bust, no reason to keep a third party secret and not bring hype for a company thats giving a character to the game. im not going to touch ridley, snake, or mew2. lol theres so many point - counter points for those three

And nice first post :happysheep:
I want so much to believe Ridley, but I really think we will know his fate officially in 4 days. And as you stated with third parties, this is Snake's (or Big Boss's) time to shine if he is in. I believe Mewtwo is in with all the facts that support him. Pac Man at this point is almost a given. These (along with the remaining veterans and K. Rool) are the only characters left that I truly want in. And thanks! I've been creeping around for a while, decided I should make my presence known lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'd be down with this.

fill

20EggsEggs
I want so much to believe Ridley, but I really think we will know his fate officially in 4 days. And as you stated with third parties, this is Snake's (or Big Boss's) time to shine if he is in. I believe Mewtwo is in with all the facts that support him. Pac Man at this point is almost a given. These (along with the remaining veterans and K. Rool) are the only characters left that I truly want in. And thanks! I've been creeping around for a while, decided I should make my presence known lol.
I know alot of people dont like the modern Pac, but i'm all for it, mario, sonic and mega man didn't look like the current version when i first grew up with them. but this isn't the place for Pac discussion so ill stop the Pac love before it gets off topic.

What im wanting to know is...i think a newcomer will be a promotion for a upcoming game/new game/revived game. so those who think we are getting that kind of character, who do you think it will be, like Pit was for the KI series

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
To be perfectly honest, I'd want The Prince from Katamari as a Namco rep, or Klonoa. Both fit, and can be given unique/interesting movesets.

However, neither of them have a chance, being realistic. They, Tekken, Tales & Soul characters all share the likelihood of "not as likely, by a longshot, as Pac-Man.

That said, Sakurai, or Namco, were also being vaguely modest and being all MAYBE WON'T PUT A CHARACTER IN, but I think the Galaga/S Flag items kind of sealed the deal that we're getting a Namco rep. Too weird to have random items and no character, from a 3rd party anyway.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To be perfectly honest, I'd want The Prince from Katamari as a Namco rep, or Klonoa. Both fit, and can be given unique/interesting movesets.

However, neither of them have a chance, being realistic. They, Tekken, Tales & Soul characters all share the likelihood of "not as likely, by a longshot, as Pac-Man.

That said, Sakurai, or Namco, were also being vaguely modest and being all MAYBE WON'T PUT A CHARACTER IN, but I think the Galaga/S Flag items kind of sealed the deal that we're getting a Namco rep. Too weird to have random items and no character, from a 3rd party anyway.
Namco includes the S Flag in every game they develop. I don't see what the difference is here. It doesn't suggest anything.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok we survived the last week before E3 so

Im confident now

All in on ridley being one of the characters revealed.

And for possible veterans.

(Some of them are if sakurai decides to reveal unlockable ones before release to eliminate spoilers)
:metaknight::wario::rob::falcon::jigglypuff::mewtwopm::popo::ness2::lucas:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Last night I had a dream that Chrom, Palutena, and Miis were revealed.
Chrom was shown in the Coliseum with Marth, Ike, and Palutena lol. Miis were shown on Battlefield :v
All 3 of these characters have been 'hinted' at so it kinda makes sense…

Chrom - Both Marth and Ike were revealed randomly (Probably because Chrom was planned to be revealed), Arena Ferox stage, Coliseum stage right before E3
Palutena - Palutena's Temple stage, Pit's Final Smash, Sakurai's trolling
Mii - Find Mii stage, Tomodachi Life stage, Pilotwings stage (sorta)

These 'hints' obviously do not mean anything in regards to E3…
but yeah it was a weird dream. the Miis were all deformed and stuff.

I'm expecting Pac-Man, Shulk, and someone else at E3, but I just want to be impressed no matter what ends up happening.
The good thing is that I have projects due next week so time is flying by extremely fast for me.
E3 is already knocking at my door.

Top Bottom