• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Mega Charizard
Mega Lucario
Greninja

Why do people think X/Y need more representation with Mega Mewtwo? I love him and I'm all for it if it happens but...Sceptile would be cooler...rep another generation (that is getting a remake coughcough)

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Mega Charizard
Mega Lucario
Greninja

Why do people think X/Y need more representation with Mega Mewtwo? I love him and I'm all for it if it happens but...Sceptile would be cooler...rep another generation (that is getting a remake coughcough)
Why not both? Brawl was going to have 7 reps.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who doesn't want anymore Pokemon? I'm hoping for Shulk, maybe Chrom. Mii or Pac Man would be gross. I want none of that rot.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
No offense, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , but your choices sound wishful/unanticipated. Although, I feel like your like anyone here, where they're dream characters get revealed. :laugh:

Anyways, E3 should be the time every Smash fans' tensions are alleviated. This is when all the big guns come a-blazin'; Chrom, Palutena, Pac-Man, King K. Rool, & Mii. We could also get Waddle Dee, Shulk, Isaac, even Ridley. Maybe a sorteé of those characters and maybe Mewtwo or Roy. Maybe both!

Personally, I'm in the camp where we could see Chrom and Palutena. Just straight shot prediction would make the announcement feel boring as if we knew it all along. Oh, but if you want to appease me, give me some Sceptile and Anna and we'll call it a day.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
well since theres a supposed sceuale rumor and fire emblem X shin megami tensei is not heard from i think chrom and ness/lucas Maybe shia and possibly jiggles

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No offense, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , but your choices sound wishful/unanticipated. Although, I feel like your like anyone here, where they're dream characters get revealed. :laugh:

Anyways, E3 should be the time every Smash fans' tensions are alleviated. This is when all the big guns come a-blazin'; Chrom, Palutena, Pac-Man, King K. Rool, & Mii. We could also get Waddle Dee, Shulk, Isaac, even Ridley. Maybe a sorteé of those characters and maybe Mewtwo or Roy. Maybe both!

Personally, I'm in the camp where we could see Chrom and Palutena. Just straight shot prediction would make the announcement feel boring as if we knew it all along. Oh, but if you want to appease me, give me some Sceptile and Anna and we'll call it a day.
That's what they all say. :p
Although Ganon is probably a long-shot IMO.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Unless they go the way of Mario Kart 8 and reveal everything before the game comes out, I'm sure they'll keep a good number of characters secret before release as usual.

My guesses are Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Pac-Man, and Mii. I really want Captain Falcon and Ness revealed, but they may be unlockables again, which means they may or may not be revealed before release.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Vets:
Meta Knight
Wario
Falco
Snake
Lucas
Ice Climbers

and then, specially shown off (with Gameplay trailers):

Ganondorf [Revamped]
Mewtwo

Newcomers:
Chrom
Palutena
Shulk
King K.Rool
Ridley

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I think I posted in here before, but I think the shoe-ins are the remaining Brawl/Melee starters: Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers & Lucas or Ness.

Runners up are Falco, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf (if he gets revamped).

And if Pac-Man or Mii are in, this is where they would be shown. Same for if Mewtwo returned (maybe).

We will also see whether or not Isaac is an AT, and if Ridley is a boss. I would hope. This doesn't necessarily mean we'll see them as characters, but I would think we'd see them if they're NOT.

I expect at least one or two 'obvious' choices (and hopefully Shulk) and then a character that isn't on any surviving 'leak', debunking the hell out of a bunch of them.

I also expect Gematsu's source to reveal another list of characters that are either obvious guesses others have made and vague names that mean nothing.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489

This picture was posted on the official Super Smash Brothers Facebook page. Look at Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic.
>Pikachu's ears overlap its border.

>Kirby's foot overlaps his border.

>Sonic's foot overlap's his border.

Two Pokemon, a Kirby rep, and third-party rep confirmed for E3.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Greninja also have to be out of the borders for there to be two Pokemon reps?

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Greninja also have to be out of the borders for there to be two Pokemon reps?
Thing is though...Greninja is out of it's box. Look closely at the side > of Donkey Kong's box. You can see a small bit of Greninja's scarf.

EDIT: My mistake, it's DK's hand.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just show us Palutena already, we all know she will be in the game but please, the waiting is ridiculous.

I also think we might get Pac Man and either Ridley or a retro like Takamaru.

Staarih

Smash Master

This picture was posted on the official Super Smash Brothers Facebook page. Look at Pikachu, Kirby, and Sonic.
>Pikachu's ears overlap its border.

>Kirby's foot overlaps his border.

>Sonic's foot overlap's his border.

Two Pokemon, a Kirby rep, and third-party rep confirmed for E3.
My OCD not handling the overlapping confirmed.

Anyway, not sure it actually means anything. I'm more interested in the characters chosen in the pic, could they have some other sort of significance? I guess this could end up getting overanalyzed though haha!

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
For E3, they'll probably reveal a lot of the "trolled" characters. Palutena being playable, Ridley as a stage hazard, Pac-Man, and possibly some other newcomer from Sal's leak.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Mega Charizard
Mega Lucario
Greninja

Not to mention Jiggs being Fairy type now, assuming that's incorporated at all.

Anywho, I'm assuming:

Pac-man (or another 3rd party rep, Pac just seems the most likely).

Ridley's fate, whether he's playable or not.

If not Ridley, then K. Rool (both would be nice), they're both characters that would be SUPER hyped, and Sakurai needs at least one more big reveal.

A FE rep, I feel like Ike's random reveal means a potential E3 reveal and regardless another rep is likely.

Palutena, after all the teases, I fully expect her appearance, and E3 would probably be the best time for her reveal

As for veterans, I could see a potential Mewtwo reveal. Maybe Ganondorf to highlight any major changes. Other than that, it's fair game for anyone. I'm guessing Meta Knight, Wario (if he's not revealed for MK8), Falco, Lucas or Ness, G&W or R.O.B. I mean we do have a 90 minute showcase so it shouldn't be a struggle to reveal a handful of vets.

Last edited:

GraveJoker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GraveJoker
I wanna say Robin, Palutena, and Ridley. Maybe switch one of them out for a LoZ rep, or just all four.

...I am thinking of the trophies that were shown in the Direct.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Hmm.

Veterans:
Meta Knight.
Ganondorf.
Ice Climbers.
Lucas (possibly)
Mewtwo (Gets his own reveal trailer.)

Newcomers:
New FE character.
Palutena.
Shulk.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I also expect Gematsu's source to reveal another list of vague names.
Yeah that's kind of how leaks have to work if you don't wanna get caught and lose your job. List names (the EXACT names of the characters, like WFT, and Villager instead of something like yoga lady and animal crossing kid) and nothing more.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Yeah that's kind of how leaks have to work if you don't wanna get caught and lose your job. List names (the EXACT names of the characters, like WFT, and Villager instead of something like yoga lady and animal crossing kid) and nothing more.
I know that, but it unfortunately makes it impossible to determine as actually being a real leak.

It doesn't matter how wild of a guess it would have to be, it's not outside the realm of possibility. Wii Fit Trainer and Villager aren't as "out there" as everyone pretends they are. We just didn't predict them because nobody wanted them except a few people (and a lot DID expect/want Tom Nook).

The only character that really does anything is Chorus Kids/Men. And if they are confirmed to NOT be playable, everyone will just go "HE JUST PUT THEM IN TO THROW OFF NINTENDO". So it doesn't matter what happens with the actual roster.

It could easily be made up and just be extremely lucky and get everyone right, and he could admit to lying, and everyone will assume he is just pretending.

No matter what evidence is given either way, no matter how high it is, people will continue to be split on if it is real or not, even after the roster is revealed.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Veterans
Meta Knight
Wario
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo (maybe)

Newcomers
Palutena
Robin
Ridley
Pac-Man

I seriously expect all or at least most of these characters

Last edited:

Dj.D

Smash Apprentice
Hoping the newcomers revealed are Chrom, Palutena, Takamaru and finally Pac-Man.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
It depends on how they do things. Lets just assume they won't be showing the whole roster at E3(I don't think they will). I'm thinking we will finish up the starting roster here. This means they will be showing Meta Knight(nerf please), Wario, Ice Climbers, and Ness or Lucas. I also think they will throw in a couple of new characters. I'm guessing that the remaining third parties will be shown off here (whether it be Pac-Man, Snake, both, or neither). I also suspect the Mii will be shown of here if it is in the game, to be tied into the customization aspect of the game somehow. Then they will finish with one big reveal, I'm guessing right before or after the tournament, being one of the following: Ridley, Mewtwo, King K. Rool. If the others make it in, they will be locked characters, and I don't think Nintendo would show all of them off here(if they are all in), unless they go ahead and show us the whole roster. I suspect we WILL learn the fate of Ridley here, whether it be a straight up reveal, a troll reveal(de-conifrmed as a stage hazard to then be shown off after the tournament), or a straight forward deconfirmation(which would be quite cruel after all the teasing Sakurai has done. I'm not a hardcore Ridley supporter, but to tease fans that much, and not have the character in the game is NOT ok.)

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I don't want them, but I have a sinking feeling that either Mii, Pac-Man, or Chorus Men are going to be shown off at E3. I will pee myself laughing if they're not, though.

Ridley's and Snake's fate will be decided as well, same with King K. Rool and Mewtwo, though, I am expecting Mewtwo. And Roy. Please, Sakurai, of all that is holy, put Roy back in.

As for other Veterans...I'm expecting Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Wario, if he isn't shown tomorrow for Mario Kart 8 release, Ness and/or Lucas, and most likely Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff. And Wolf. With his awesome quote. What's the matter, scared?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The way I see it, there will be an obvious e3 trailer revealing tons of veterans and newcomers while the tournament will reveal a lone, hypeworthy character to be "unlocked" so to speak.
My Predictions:

E3 trailer-
Veterans: :wario:(if he isn't revealed tomorrow),:metaknight:,:ness2:/:lucas:,:falcon:
Newcomers- Hell idk but My hopes are Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario, Chrom, Dixie/ King K. Rool, New Miyamoto IP Character, Chorus Kids (only to rep a unique new series in my eyes), and Mii (yeah I actaully want them with a unique moveset, sue me)

Tournament Reveal- Why not bring back the wonder and awe of unlocking him after the Grand Finals by revealing :mewtwopm:!! (of course he'll still be unlockable when it releases of course)

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, there will be an obvious e3 trailer revealing tons of veterans and newcomers while the tournament will reveal a lone, hypeworthy character to be "unlocked" so to speak.
My Predictions:

E3 trailer-
Veterans: :wario:(if he isn't revealed tomorrow),:metaknight:,:ness2:/:lucas:,:falcon:
Newcomers- Hell idk but My hopes are Chibi-Robo, Paper Mario, Chrom, Dixie/ King K. Rool, New Miyamoto IP Character, Chorus Kids (only to rep a unique new series in my eyes), and Mii (yeah I actaully want them with a unique moveset, sue me)

Tournament Reveal- Why not bring back the wonder and awe of unlocking him after the Grand Finals by revealing :mewtwopm:!! (of course he'll still be unlockable when it releases of course)
I was just about to get on here and post about after the tournament. Like when the last match is won, and they proceed after the results screen, all of the suddenly you hear the familiar siren and Challenger Approaching. Everyone starts to freak out. Then Mewtwo appears to fight the Champion. How hype would that be?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I was just about to get on here and post about after the tournament. Like when the last match is won, and they proceed after the results screen, all of the suddenly you hear the familiar siren and Challenger Approaching. Everyone starts to freak out. Then Mewtwo appears to fight the Champion. How hype would that be?
inb4 the winner loses and humiliates him/herself and ruins the hype
But that would be SO HYPE, and it's only 11 days away :,D

IronFish

Smash Ace
Okay I have a drinking game for this thread: every time someone says Palutena or Chrom will be shown at E3, take a drink.

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
All I want and all I care about is getting a Golden Sun rep.
I swear if the Sal leak is true, and ****in' choir men are in, and Golden Sun gets no love...
I will break you, Sakurai...
I will break you.

On an unrelated note, I think they're going to show a big reveal trailer at the tournament, either before or after.

Arc Tangent

Smash Apprentice
Releases I think Sakurai will make at E3:
Chrom
Ness
Wario
Ganondorf
Meta Knight
and Ice Climbers
Possibly and very likely: Cpt. Falcon, Jiggly Puff, Falco, Palutena

Characters I want him to release:
Bandana Dee