• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm certainly hoping for a large number of characters to be revealed. I'm thinking that the smartest way to go about it is to reveal a bunch of veterans and then one or two really awesome newcomers.

For veterans I'm anticipating Falco, Falcon, Ness, etc. Some of the characters we all believe are mainstays at this point, or could at least be argued for being mainstays.

For newcomers, I think Chrom could get us really hyped. Ridley or Girahim could also get the job done.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm certainly hoping for a large number of characters to be revealed..
I could see that being a smart idea if the game was launching later that month, or even after E3. Since the general consensus is that we're looking at an early-to-late September launch, they'll probably be conservative about it so they have more to show off on the website to keep hype flowing.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I could see that being a smart idea if the game was launching later that month, or even after E3. Since the general consensus is that we're looking at an early-to-late September launch, they'll probably be conservative about it so they have more to show off on the website to keep hype flowing.
That's a very good point. I was talking about 5-6 characters at most.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think we might get Captain Falcon, Ness, Meta-Knight and Falco as our E3 veterans. Maybe Wario too if we see him earlier. Guys like Ganondorf, Lucas and Mr. Game and Watch might be kept secret until release.

KatKit

Smash Lord
"Oh, and here's Captain Falcon. 'Nuff said." Is how I imagine them ending a 30 minute presentation at E3. Even though that's hypothetical, I'm sure at one veteran will get a tease reveal.

Anyways... I'm content with whatever characters are shown, including ones already shown. I'm hoping for a Palutena reveal, though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
well I said all in last time

im almost at betting my life savings on this (just a saying not going to accually happens)
because of 2 post I made on the ridley support form

I will post the link if you want (not posting until permission due to this not being a ridley form)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I can definitely see Ridley, Palutena, and Shulk being newcomers during E-3. Perhaps add Falco, Mewtwo, Ness, Falcon, and Wario for vets

volbound1700

Smash Master
With Lyn as an AT, I wouldn't bet on Micaiah.
How would Lyn affect Micaiah... Lyn is a sword user from a different game. Micaiah is unique in that she brings the magic part of FE. She was also the biggest character (except maybe Ike, arguably though she was central character) in the title FE game on Wii.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How would Lyn affect Micaiah... Lyn is a sword user from a different game. Micaiah is unique in that she brings the magic part of FE. She was also the biggest character (except maybe Ike, arguably though she was central character) in the title FE game on Wii.
Unlikely lord to be chosen with Chrom as the frontrunner for an FE newcomer.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Palutena, Pac-Man, Ridley, FE Rep for newcomers, and Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Snake, Meta Knight, Ness, and CAPTAIN FALCON for vets.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
What I would want to see...

Captain Falcon
Ness
Mewtwo
Roy
Ganondorf
Ridley
King K. Rool
Shulk
Black Shadow
Game & Watch

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Unlikely lord to be chosen with Chrom as the frontrunner for an FE newcomer.
1. Not a Lord.
2. That's how Chrom affects her, not how Lyn does.

I'm thinking it will be similar to April's Direct, in that we get a few veterans and, this time, maybe two Newcomers.

Morbi

Scavenger
I actually wouldn't mind if we just got our 12-13 veterans and no newcomers. At the very least, it would make unlocking characters exciting once more. I mean, you can't deny that 12 characters would more likely than not make the notion of "no newcomers" negligible.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I WANT to see:
veterans:
-Captain Falcon (for the innevitable VS Little Mac pics) :3
-Pokemon Trainer RED (I need him back. He was literally the only Nintendo newcomer from Brawl I liked. Hope they find a way around no transformations in order to include him in some other fashion).
newcomers:
-Mike Jones (playable, AT, or Trophy. I don't care how, I just want him aknowledged by Sakurai at this point)
-Isaac/Takamaru/Goose

What I expect to see:
veterans:
-Ike
-Wario
-Ice Climbers
newcomers:
-Palutena (it's just such a safe choice)
-Shulk (it's almost innevitable)
-*surprise reveal* (That Wii Fit Trainer / Greninja that nobody sees coming)
((Going to make my guess either way)): Someone from Fossil Fighters.

With the exception of 1 character on E3, the rest of the newcomers will probably be relatively popular characters, in order to drag in the less hardcore Nintendo crowd. And the remaining character will probably be a bit more obscure or unexpected.

-
As for characters more recognizeable by the hardcore Nintendo crowd (those who know the obscurest of obscure), those newcomers will probably be hidden characters.

I suck at predictions, but this is more or less what I think will happen. :D

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Newcomers:

Most likely, Palutena.
Ridley, hopefully.
I don't see King K. Rool but I could be proven wrong.

Veterans:

I can see Ice Climbers.
Definitely, Meta Knight.
Ganondorf. I would be surprised if he isn't revealed.
I can see Wario very clearly.
Mewtwo. I can see him being revealed as the last veteran to create hype.

I see Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff still as unlockables.

Morbi

Scavenger
Newcomers:

Most likely, Palutena.
Ridley, hopefully.
I don't see King K. Rool but I could be proven wrong.

Veterans:

I can see Ice Climbers.
Definitely, Meta Knight.
Ganondorf. I would be surprised if he isn't revealed.
I can see Wario very clearly.
Mewtwo. I can see him being revealed as the last veteran to create hype.

I see Captain Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff still as unlockables.
I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't revealed, but I am a pessimist. With all of the Zelda related content pertinent to E3, it is my hope that they do reveal Ganondorf.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
All I want revealed is Pac-Man. E3 is his time and if he's not shown there, I'll be 90% sure he won't be in the game at all, which will make me a sad sad man.

Other than his reveal, I see us getting a couple other newcomer reveals too. E3 is huge, let's not forget, and last E3 they revealed three new characters and a bunch of vets. So here are my thoughts.

Vet reveals:
Ness
Wario
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Palutena
Pac-Man
Shulk

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
All I want revealed is Pac-Man. E3 is his time and if he's not shown there, I'll be 90% sure he won't be in the game at all, which will make me a sad sad man.

Other than his reveal, I see us getting a couple other newcomer reveals too. E3 is huge, let's not forget, and last E3 they revealed three new characters and a bunch of vets. So here are my thoughts.

Vet reveals:
Ness
Wario
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers

Newcomers:
Palutena
Pac-Man
Shulk
What?! Pac Man has been an obvious choice for me. There's NO way Sakurai is going to not allow one of gaming's biggest icons of all time to be in this game. And it'd be a lot easier to add him in since... well.. Namco is working on it as well (now that I think about it.... there has to be more reasons why he chose Namco. There's no way he'd team up with them just for helping with the development and character balancement...)

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
What?! Pac Man has been an obvious choice for me. There's NO way Sakurai is going to not allow one of gaming's biggest icons of all time to be in this game. And it'd be a lot easier to add him in since... well.. Namco is working on it as well (now that I think about it.... there has to be more reasons why he chose Namco. There's no way he'd team up with them just for helping with the development and character balancement...)
Oh trust me, I believe this is his best chance to be in the game. But why have a third-party character if you're not going to give one third-party the same level of hype as another who got their character in. That's what I mean. If Pac-Man is in, he'll need to be shown at E3. Making him a hidden character to be found out by players would be sort of disrespectful to Namco, at least it seems that way to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh trust me, I believe this is his best chance to be in the game. But why have a third-party character if you're not going to give one third-party the same level of hype as another who got their character in. That's what I mean. If Pac-Man is in, he'll need to be shown at E3. Making him a hidden character to be found out by players would be sort of disrespectful to Namco, at least it seems that way to me.
Why would it be disrespectful? I am not following.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Why would it be disrespectful? I am not following.
Because Sonic got a big showing before Brawl came out. So did Snake. They both generated a lot of hype and advertising for their respective companies as being included in the game. Mega Man got all that hype last year at E3. It would just seem odd and sort of break the pattern to not reveal another third-party character in the same manner. Sonic obviously didn't get as big of an intro this time around, since he's returning, and I imagine Snake would be much the same, but to keep Pac-Man hidden and not mention him at all until after the game is released seems like a lack of attention to Namco's character where other companies got much more. I know Namco is helping make the game and all, but that still feels a little like a slap in the face to Pac-Man.

Morbi

Scavenger
Because Sonic got a big showing before Brawl came out. So did Snake. They both generated a lot of hype and advertising for their respective companies as being included in the game. Mega Man got all that hype last year at E3. It would just seem odd and sort of break the pattern to not reveal another third-party character in the same manner. Sonic obviously didn't get as big of an intro this time around, since he's returning, and I imagine Snake would be much the same, but to keep Pac-Man hidden and not mention him at all until after the game is released seems like a lack of attention to Namco's character where other companies got much more. I know Namco is helping make the game and all, but that still feels a little like a slap in the face to Pac-Man.
I honestly feel like the difference in marketing is warranted BECAUSE Namco is co-developing the game; they are part of the team. They are essentially an extension of Sora Ltd. But at least I understand your perspective more clearly.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I honestly feel like the difference in marketing is warranted BECAUSE Namco is co-developing the game; they are part of the team. They are essentially an extension of Sora Ltd. But at least I understand your perspective more clearly.
I would agree normally, except the fact that the majority of people don't know Namco is helping. Their name isn't anywhere on the site, and unless you follow gaming news or post on Smash Boards, you wouldn't really have any clue Namco is a part of the project. I agree they will be getting representation in the game in some form, which is apparent from the items already shown, but to the greater majority of the masses, Namco is off the radar. We look at nearly everything from a different perspective here at Smash Boards because we know more, but I'd say we're the greater minority. Hundreds if not thousands of board users versus millions of Nintendo fans.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Namco is almost the entire labour force for this game. Sora Ltd. (not to be confused with Project Sora) Is extremely tiny, possibly 2 employees tiny. If Pac-Man's in I agree it'll probably be E3.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'm currently expecting these veterans to appear:
:falcon::falco::ganondorf::ike::jigglypuff::gw::ness2::warioc::wolf::mewtwopm::roypm: and possibly an astronomically nerfed :metaknight:

I'm expecting these newcomers:
Ghirahim
Pac-Man or Sophitia
Palutena
King K. Rool

And why isn't Snake here? Well, here's who I'm expecting to replace him if Snake's not confirmed.:

Why Leon? Well, he has much, much more representation on a Nintendo console than Snake, plus the possible fact that even though there can't be two characters from the same series, there CAN be two characters from separate series representing a 3rd Party Company. If this stands true, we could expect two Capcom characters instead of one, with Leon being the second, should Konami decide NOT putting in Snake as their representative again.

However, this is highly theoretical.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok o got another prediction.

Veterans probably going to happen.

Either the rest of the starter veterans from the past or...
:falcon::ness2::jigglypuff::ganondorf::snake:(If snake not shown its the end for him)

And for newcomers

Atleast 1 to 3 of the below

"Palutena"
"Mewtwo"
"Ridley"
"King k rool"

And these 2 almost garaenteed

"Mii"
"Pac-man"

R0Y

Smash Master
A Resident Evil newcomer like Jill, Chris, Claire, or Leon would make more sense on a Nintendo platform than Snake.

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
I just don't understand why they wouldn't want put Phoenix Wright in the game. I know it's a definite no, but it really seems to me that he deserves A spot in Smash bros more than he did in Marvel Vs. Capcom. Phoenix has been a strictly Nintendo (and ios) character all the way through, and I actually think he has a lot of potential. I know its a very very longshot (quite possibly an infinite one.) but I'll always have this little sliver of hope that we see him this e3.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Nah, not bad at all, but it's a very real possibility you might have to deal with in about three weeks. :p
Well, that's the wonderful thing about choice. I don't have to play Pac-Man, but at least I'll have a nice, bright yellow punching bag.

R0Y

Smash Master
Nah, not bad at all, but it's a very real possibility you might have to deal with in about three weeks. :p
As long as Ridley and Palutena get in too, I'll be happy with the Pac-Attack

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, that's the wonderful thing about choice. I don't have to play Pac-Man, but at least I'll have a nice, bright yellow punching bag.
yep, I love to punch Pikachu as well. :grin:

okay, I stopped now XD

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm really positive that Sakurai is saving some surprises until release. I mean no one knew about Wolf or Toon Link until Brawl's release.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'm really positive that Sakurai is saving some surprises until release. I mean no one knew about Wolf or Toon Link until Brawl's release.
Nah, we knew about Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf before Brawl's release 'cause of leaks.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Nah, we knew about Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Wolf before Brawl's release 'cause of leaks.
I thought we just found them out because Japan got it earlier? Even so, it still means that Sakurai was trying to keep some secrets until release. So my point still stands.

Top Bottom