• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I highly doubt the final roster will be revealed, but at least the starting cast (if it hadn't already) and any new third parties (PAC Man?) or big name players (Ridley).

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
My three cents if this happen:

MAKE IT HAPPEN, SAKURAI!!

NEWCOMERS:

Mewtwo
Zero (Megaman X)
Silver the Hedgehog

VETERANS:

Wario
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wolf O. Donnell

Morbi

Scavenger
Newcomers: Ganon, Black Shadow, Hades, Ridley, and King K. Rool
Veterans: Ganondorf, Wolf, and Mewtwo

The Villains Direct. It will never happen, only in my blackest dreams will I ever fathom the horror and darkness.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The final roster should be announced at E3. Pac-man would go along with this.
As much as I want it, I disagree. They should reveal a lot, yes, but revealing everything and leaving little hype for the future would be a bad idea imho.
Newcomers: Ganon, Black Shadow, Hades, Ridley, and King K. Rool
Veterans: Ganondorf, Wolf, and Mewtwo

The Villains Direct. It will never happen, only in my blackest dreams will I ever fathom the horror and darkness.
I like the villains direct idea >:D it should start with an all-heroes fight when villains come in and take over.

I desperately want all the characters that you listed. Except I want Deathborn (even if he is unlikely, he's cooler) and Medusa. My friend says Hades would be hilarious as a stage bc he's huge. (I haven't played KI:U so idk)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
As much as I want it, I disagree. They should reveal a lot, yes, but revealing everything and leaving little hype for the future would be a bad idea imho.
Agreed, we only need so much. The last Direct lasted us about a month, we got 3 veterans, one newcomer, some new items, stages, and a new game-mode. So E3 will match this at the very least, and the hype should last about a month. They don't need to reveal much more.

Dott

Smash Ace
Ridley revealed in the E3

Falco will be the veteran, and the newcomer... i don't know man, after Greninja i just can´t say anything.

Morbi

Scavenger
Smah Bros invitational at the same time of the E3... Smash tourney means Falco (well, to me it does).
I suppose, but what about Meta Knight? Wouldn't he also be on the list for a Smash tournament? Or the fabled Captain Falcon, returning to top-tier?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Three things to take into consideration:

1. Sakurai is a massive troll (Psuedo Palutena, Ridley)

2. We're always caught offguard with something (Greninja, WFT)

3. Fan favorite reveals (Mega Man, Little Mac)

Dott

Smash Ace
I suppose, but what about Meta Knight? Wouldn't he also be on the list for a Smash tournament? Or the fabled Captain Falcon, returning to top-tier?
Meta Knight it's a probably option too, i didn't think about him, so now would be between him and Falco. Captain Falcon probably will be hidden until the game release as a unlockable character.

Falcon maybe won't be a top tier, but MUST be a high tier, the knee and the falcon punch should be one of the strongest attack in the game (i hope, read the bible, pray all nights and know the knee will be a semi-instant K.O).

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Three things to take into consideration:

1. Sakurai is a massive troll (Psuedo Palutena, Ridley)

2. We're always caught offguard with something (Greninja, WFT)

3. Fan favorite reveals (Mega Man, Little Mac)
The only real "troll" Sakurai has done was the blatant de-confirmation of Zero-Suit Samus prior to confirming her. Other than that, those were not "trolls."

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
This is not a wishlist, this is just what i predict the rest of the roster is
Veterans:
Cpt. Falcon
Jiggly Puff
Ness
Falco
Mr. G&W
Mewtwo
Roy
Wario
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

Newcomers:
Toad
Ridley
Palintena
Mii
Pac-man
Chrom
Shadow
Cpt. Louie

Morbi

Scavenger
This is not a wishlist, this is just what i predict the rest of the roster is
Veterans:
Cpt. Falcon
Jiggly Puff
Ness
Falco
Mr. G&W
Mewtwo
Roy
Wario
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

Newcomers:
Toad
Ridley
Palintena
Mii
Pac-man
Chrom
Shadow
Cpt. Louie
By "Shadow" do you mean Black Shadow, the Nintendo character? Or Shadow, the Sega character?

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
The only real "troll" Sakurai has done was the blatant de-confirmation of Zero-Suit Samus prior to confirming her. Other than that, those were not "trolls."
How do you regard the Ridley thing as anything but a teaser/troll? It was nearly a deconfirm, but not showing his entire body was enough to make the fans go rabid with curiosity. I don't really care for the word, but it's the most concise way to describe what he's done. I do agree that most of the time people use it in the wrong places, but he did something to that effect more than once in the direct.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
How do you regard the Ridley thing as anything but a teaser/troll? It was nearly a deconfirm, but not showing his entire body was enough to make the fans go rabid with curiosity. I don't really care for the word, but it's the most concise way to describe what he's done. I do agree that most of the time people use it in the wrong places, but he did something to that effect more than once in the direct.
i agree
me if ridley is playable: woopdey doop
if not playable: woopdey doop

Morbi

Scavenger
He alluded to Ridley ambiguously; nothing more, nothing less.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
He alluded to Ridley ambiguously; nothing more, nothing less.
Which is exactly why people say he's trolling. Ridley has been a largely requested character for so long, and yet we got nothing concrete on either side. I dunno, I don't like the whole "sakuria master troll lol" thing, but he knows how to make people go crazy. That's all I wanted to say, haha.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here's the thing Sakurai is likely aware of ridley's popularity (he did for mega man, little mac and even villager by saying "at last, the long awaited villager" in the dev direct).

But at this point, it would be too late to reveal him as hazard and not killing the hype (which you don't want to happen after you're hyping E3). If he was an hazard, he would have been revealed to be one one or 2 weeks after the direct but nope Sakurai still don't tell any explanation after Nintendo is hyping E3.

Since the whole purpose of the situation was definitely hidden (it's clear that there's a purpose), it wouldn't make sense to reveal his fater after E3 or no info after release since he would have done that to E3.

That's why I think he's playable it's like for me the only outcome that would make sense. He just waited too much if he's an hazard.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
This is not a wishlist,
this is just what i predict the rest of the roster is
Newcomers:
Toad
Ridley
Palintena
Mii
Pac-man
Chrom
Shadow
Cpt. Louie
I'm afraid you may be disappointed in terms of newcomers...
That's why I think he's playable it's like for me the only outcome that would make sense. He just waited too much if he's an hazard.
I agree, but I may be biased bc i want him in.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Idk...Ridley's shadow and the fake out Palutena trophy seems mighty trolling to me.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
if the psuedo palutena trophy was actually a palutena trophy, i think that would deconfirm her as playable. but since sakurai nearly trolled us with that, i think she will be playable

Niala

Smash Ace
if the psuedo palutena trophy was actually a palutena trophy, i think that would deconfirm her as playable. but since sakurai nearly trolled us with that, i think she will be playable
I never really understood why people thought this. In both Melee and Brawl, all the playable characters had trophies. Why would having a Palutena trophy deconfirm her?

Also, I don't think the trophy was ever intended to allude to the character being playable or not. The whole point of the trophy section was to guess who the character was, not to provide information on the playable characters. It seems to me that he wanted people to believe it was Palutena just because it was funny to fake people out-- nothing more. To get that groaning, "Oh, Sakurai!" moment.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I never really understood why people thought this. In both Melee and Brawl, all the playable characters had trophies. Why would having a Palutena trophy deconfirm her?

Also, I don't think the trophy was ever intended to allude to the character being playable or not. The whole point of the trophy section was to guess who the character was, not to provide information on the playable characters. It seems to me that he wanted people to believe it was Palutena just because it was funny to fake people out-- nothing more. To get that groaning, "Oh, Sakurai!" moment.
so far we have not seen any trophies of playable characters. it would be weird if sakurai unveiled a trophy that was playable without the character being announced first. especially a newcomer which has a special intro movie.

Niala

Smash Ace
so far we have not seen any trophies of playable characters. it would be weird if sakurai unveiled a trophy that was playable without the character being announced first. especially a newcomer which has a special intro movie.
I get your point but I have to disagree. It might look weird in hindsight, but we have no way of knowing whether the trophies we've seen will be characters eventually or not. Showing her off as a trophy wouldn't have strictly indicated anything other than "There's a Palutena trophy." But, as things stand, it doesn't matter either way.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This was the trophy shown

The trophy would have to be something like this to deconfirm palutena

Because its like saying the unmasked samus trophy from melee shown before samus reveal in melee is saying samus deconfirmed

And for ridley
The Ridley for Super Smash Brothers for Wii U / 3DS Thread

I may have prooved his hands are only 1/16 bigger than bowser/donkeykong from something i did

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think its safe to say for sure we'll be seeing Ganon, Wario and Meta-Knight, giggle.

Not sure about Mewtwo though, I want him, I really do, but that final spot will either be him, Jigglypuff, or perhaps even Sceptile seeing that Hoenn has been officially confirmed, the only ones we know will not take that spot are Pichu and Trainer, and that makes me mad, Pichu is awesome and Trainer, I wanted to see May, put all the Pokémon in, hehe.

I think the worst scenario is Jigglypuff, I'm sorry, but of all of them Jigglypuff is my least favorite, I feel every single Pokémon in Super Smash Bros has their little iconic thing about them that makes them perfect for representing the series, but Jigglypuff just doesn't do that, I don't even know how it made it in the original Super Smash Bros, they should of went ahead and put Bowser in if he was supposed to be instead.

Morbi

Scavenger
I get your point but I have to disagree. It might look weird in hindsight, but we have no way of knowing whether the trophies we've seen will be characters eventually or not. Showing her off as a trophy wouldn't have strictly indicated anything other than "There's a Palutena trophy." But, as things stand, it doesn't matter either way.
I cant find the source, but Sakurai stated that all newcomers would be revealed via trailer. So a reveal through a trophy isn't feasible if we are to take his words as objective fact.

Meta Knight it's a probably option too, i didn't think about him, so now would be between him and Falco. Captain Falcon probably will be hidden until the game release as a unlockable character.

Falcon maybe won't be a top tier, but MUST be a high tier, the knee and the falcon punch should be one of the strongest attack in the game (i hope, read the bible, pray all nights and know the knee will be a semi-instant K.O).
I'm hyped for Falco myself

Captain Falcon will be dope. He's a basically a god. There is a reason why we pray on our knees.

Niala

Smash Ace
I cant find the source, but Sakurai stated that all newcomers would be revealed via trailer. So a reveal through a trophy isn't feasible if we are to take his words as objective fact.
Oho, interesting. Then I guess my point falls somewhat short. Although, I guess it still depends somewhat on how you define "revealed"-- i.e. revealed as a newcomer or revealed to have some form in the game. But that's more me grasping at straws for an argument than a legitimate point.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Me and @ Morbi Morbi share the same mains.

I think it would be in one big trailer to reveal the rest, I mean who's to say we wont see more than one Newcomers at once in the final trailer after all we seen trailers do this before at big roster reveals and this will be the biggest one yet seeing that it reveals all the rest of the characters in the game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Its more likely for them to reveal more newcomers by the games release than keep secret we have 6 now i see them revealing 2 or 3 at E3 and keep the last 3 or 4 secret or they could announce another one just before release and last 3 secret.

E3: Pacman, Shulk or Palutena

Before Release: Mii or Chrom

Secret:
Chorus men
and whoever wasent shown out of my list at E3 or Before release.
Chrom/Palutena/Shulk

Last edited:
Top Bottom