• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Veterans:
Wario
Meta Knight
Ike
Ganondorf

Newcomers:
Palutena
Shulk
And still hoping for Geno, it'll probably be Chrom though

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Throwing in my 2 rings into the topic, but here's my prediction:

Veterans:
Rest of the original 12 (Jigglypuff, C. Falcon and Ness, although all 3 could be revealed before the 3DS version comes out)
Ganondorf (with completely redone moveset)
Wario/Meta Knight/Falco (if both aren't in the May reveals (which has a 50/50% chance of happening), then they'll get revealed here, or could be revealed in the same manner as the 3 above characters, Falco isn't going anywhere and is likely to get revealed either during E3 or possibly end up as the July reveal (assuming the 3DS version is out around late August/early September)
Mewtwo (Pokémon had 6 reps before and it's bound to happen again, plus it would be stupid on Sakurai's and Pokémon Company's parts to not include him back in the roster, since he had a lot of hype going into Gen VI and had a movie, if he's left out once again, then Gen VI and M16 would have generated all that hype for nothing)
Mr. Game & Watch (probably might be revealed after E3 is done, or could end up in a similar case as the 3 remaining Original 12 characters and Wario/Meta Knight)
Ice Climbers (if the 3DS version is still suffering the issue of having multiple 2-in-1 characters sharing the same screen together (although this may have been resolved thanks to Rosalina's inclusion), then they could be separated and go the same route that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus took to stay in the roster (although their cases were due to the transformation mechanic in Melee/Brawl), by making Popo and Nana their own character, with different movesets for each of them)

Newcomers:
Chrom (hate to say it but Ike's all but cut at this point. EDIT: Ike's back, so this gives Chrom a 50/50%)
Palutena (she's basically in either way, those leaks are very hard to ignore)
Pac-man (he's all but guaranteed now, since we have 2 of Namco's Big 4 classic arcade games represented (being Galaga and Rally-X), he's likely going to end up being the main event for the entire Smash Bros presentation just as Megaman was last year)
Shulk (he's highly wanted both in Japan and America, so why not)

Last edited:

LKnight

Smash Cadet
I hate to be a bore with my predictions but in terms of characters I think it'll be something similar to last year, a little meh.

If there are any other 3rd party characters they will be shown here, no doubt (looking at you Pac-Man, Snake).

I can't make up in my mind if everyone's favourite purple dragon will be revealed at E3 (if he's even made the cut). In one way it makes to follow up from the direct tease and it would build insane hype for the game but it would also be typical of Sakurai to not mention him at all and then it turns out he's a secret character.

So for newcomers I would expect a 3rd party and maybe 1 or 2 others, nothing outragous (something like Pac and/or Snake, Mii and Chrom).

Vets to be revealed I would expect a combination of MK, Ice Climbers, Wario and Lucas? I don't expect any of the original cast to be revealed just because of their secret status from brawl, that's all. You can guarantee there will be more vets revealed that newcomers (if we can get a 5 newcomer trailer like Brawl I'll be over the moon, I just doubt it'll happen).

MEWTWO. PLZ SAKURAI!

So overall something like this wouldn't surprise me

Pac/Snake
Mii
Chrom
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Wario
Lucas

A very boring, predictable, blah list.
Not exciting at all but I've learned to temper my expectations with these reveals. But this is me trying to predict Sakurai. so this prediction will be completely wrong and we'll get something nobody expected.

Just my two cents :)

Flamemaster96

Smash Cadet
Veterans:
I can honestly see the remaining Unconfirmed Starters in the E3 trailer

Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Wario
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Lucas (If he returns)

Newcomers:
King K. Rool
Ridley (if he's playable)
Isaac
Shulk
Pac-Man

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I have this feeling that if Pac-Man is in at all, it's got to be announced at E3.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
K. Rool Barges In!

Ganondorf

Wario

Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Ridley Swoops into Action!

In that order. Super Villain hype!

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
New to the forum :)

Veterans:

Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Wario
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Jigglypuff

Newcomers:
Reggie
Isaac
Shulk
Pac-Man

(Ridley is too damn big) It's just highly improbable, lol

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
:popo::metaknight::warioc::lucas:

and possibly

:ness2::falcon::jigglypuff::ganondorf:

:mewtwopm::snake:

Newcomers:
Pac-Man
(another third party character)
Mii
Ridley (?)
New Mario/Zelda reps? (to make up for the presence of six playable Pokémon)

The Wii U is dependent on this game alone. There is no way they can disappoint at E3 this year. They need widely known characters that appeal to the largest crowd possible.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Veterans:

Ganondorf
Mr Game and Watch
Meta Knight
Wario
Captain Falcon
Ness
Mewtwo or Jigglypuff
Falco or Wolf

Newcomers:

Fire Emblem Character
Isaac
Palutena
Mewtwo ( if Jigglypuff really is cut )

Themagnificentmoldy

Smash Apprentice
Newcomers:
-Pac Man
-A fire emblem character maybe
-Someone unexpected (Chorus men….p..please? or maybe even....phoenix wright? probably definitely not though.)

Vets:
-MAYBE Mewtwo. The fanbase wants it and I’m pretty sure Sakurai knows, but he could just as well not be in the game. We already have 4 pokemon, and mewtwo would have to be a lot different than lucario is.
-Wario
-Meta Knight
-Ice Climbers (I hope)

I honestly don’t think they’re going to reveal to many newcomers, because that would mean too many big announcements, and if mewtwo is confirmed, he’s going to be a big deal.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Predictions:
Ridley flies in!
Chrom swords in!
Palutena females in!
Gannondorf also swords in!
Meta Knight also flies in!
Wario farts in!

Seriously though with that Sheik one you can tell they are getting lazy with those subtitles.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Predictions:
Ridley flies in!
Chrom swords in!
Palutena females in!
Gannondorf also swords in!
Meta Knight also flies in!
Wario farts in!

Seriously though with that Sheik one you can tell they are getting lazy with those subtitles.
I agree, but the 1 you did for Wario was pretty funny.

To be honest they need to drop the _____ in part, it's getting really stale (Little Mac and WFT I think have that in their reveal trailers, not sure who else has that).

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Every new character has had one!
Even Zelda Yoshi and Sheik did in the direct.

TeamFlareZakk

The lack of confidence for Isaac disturbs me, its as if nobody thinks he'll make it, yet I still have faith, if he makes it in, then I so called it cause nobofdy is putting him on their prediction list.

Isaac Ragnoroks in, I could totally see him in the trailer casting Ragnorok in the middle of Marth fighting the new Fire Emblem guy, then battling it out with Marth.

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope Mewtwo is revealed; just get it out of the way, like Toon Link. It is annoying that so many people don't see what is blatantly obvious.

TeamFlareZakk

I hate the DK Rap, me and my childhood friend used to make fun of it, I still call Donkey Kong, Donkey Butt to this day.

Just keep the K Rool Theme from Brawl.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
I would actually really like to see Isaac, I'm not sure if he's an E3 reveal though.
Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
Predictions:
Ridley sizes in!
Mewtwo teleports in!
Reggie bodies in!
Meta Knight flies in!
Bowser jr. joins his father!
Simon Belmont spikes in!
Dixie Kong clones in!
Iwata fires in! (please understand)

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I hope Mewtwo is revealed; just get it out of the way, like Toon Link. It is annoying that so many people don't see what is blatantly obvious.
Haha it's because he's not an obvious inclusion. That's not to say that he doesn't have a high chance, and I believe Nintendo made reference to him in the Greninja trailer.
Ganondorf finally found his sword!
:joyful:
why you little..
I hate the DK Rap, me and my childhood friend used to make fun of it, I still call Donkey Kong, Donkey Butt to this day.
I love it bc its horrible
If that song "The Pac is Back" is involved, then mass hysteria would ensue.
STAHP

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
K. Rool Barges In!

Ganondorf

Wario

Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Ridley Swoops into Action!

In that order. Super Villain hype!
This was my idea, also, except I think there might be a few other candidates as well!

Ganondorf
Wario
Meta Knight
Wolf
...and either Mewtwo, Ridley, or K. Rool, depending on who's included.

5 characters revealed in one event is what we got last time, in the Direct. I think it's a reasonable goal to shoot for. Maybe more, if those other villains are all newcomers!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The lack of confidence for Isaac disturbs me, its as if nobody thinks he'll make it, yet I still have faith, if he makes it in, then I so called it cause nobofdy is putting him on their prediction list.

Isaac Ragnoroks in, I could totally see him in the trailer casting Ragnorok in the middle of Marth fighting the new Fire Emblem guy, then battling it out with Marth.
Actually many people do put him in their predictions, were probably just not anticipating for an E3 reveal from what I'm seeing here.

Top Bottom