• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Please don't state your opinion like it is fact. Also this "unlockable characters will not be revealed before the release" thing is the worst argument ever. :4tlink::4sonic::4luigi::4marth:
Sonic and Luigi were special cases, and Marth and Toon Link might not be unlockable in SSB4. Although if they are, he probably just hasn't revealed Ness and Cpt Falcon yet because they're series staples and he knows we aren't worried about them not being in.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sonic and Luigi were special cases, and Marth and Toon Link might not be unlockable in SSB4. Although if they are, he probably just hasn't revealed Ness and Cpt Falcon yet because they're series staples and he knows we aren't worried about them not being in.
Or he's waiting for E3 to unveil them, as well as the Ice Climbers and Wario, etc.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
My likely prediction for newcomers: Ray, Chrom, Palutena, Krystal, Ridley, Isaac, MewtwoY

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd drop this here...

While Chrom is likely, and would make a good addition to the roster, is he really necessary? Do we really need two Falchion users? That's why I'm hoping Ike get's revealed before, during, or after E3.

I also want Roy back...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just thought I'd drop this here...

While Chrom is likely, and would make a good addition to the roster, is he really necessary? Do we really need two Falchion users? That's why I'm hoping Ike get's revealed before, during, or after E3.

I also want Roy back...
Chrom will be in the game. He won't use the Falchion. He'll use 'Log'. The Log is the best Lance.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Beyond the obvious newcomers, I want F-Type as an Assist Trophy,.. Sakurai can bring that for us, without any effort; .. please, E3, be awesome. XP

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed all of the veterans at E3. I think it's best to just get them all out of the way.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed all of the veterans at E3. I think it's best to just get them all out of the way.
That's what most of us are assuming will happen, they would just reveal the last few veterans that aren't unlockable, then a newcomer (or more?).

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
The dream:

Ridley, Palutena, and Pac-Man for newcomers. Every remaining Brawl vet + Mewtwo confirmed.

Realistically:

Pac-Man revealed. Wario and maybe Metaknight for a vet.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
he is not a bad character there is just better namco reps to have the spot lloyd agumon im sure im forgetting others
How is Agumon, a character that didn't originate from a video game and who is from a series that Nintendo probably sees as a ripoff of Pokemon, a better rep than one of the most iconic video game characters of all time?

Anyway, I think a villain trailer might be shown at E3 since we only have Bowser and Dedede so far.

It would be awesome to see Ganondorf, Wario, Wolf, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K. Rool face off against the heroes.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Realistically Pac-Man? Sure man, sure.
Announcing Smash Bros is gonna feature one of the most iconic video game characters ever, and without that ridiculous woodbot suit from Street Fighter x Tekken, would probably be a worthy announcement for E3.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
As for the Mii, I understand why people would think it would be in the game, however, I have enormous doubts that it will, due to the kind of profane faces you can make with a Mii.

I'd rather not play Smash Bros. against some kid who thought it would be funny to make a Penis Mii, thanks.

Aaronisboss

Smash Rookie
If mewtwo makes it genesect can cause of the mew two movie and it could be double reveal also introduce a stage from the movie like the habitat area and the 4 gene sects could be hazards for the stage and could use the moves in the movie and when you kill it all4 do a mSsivive explosion that does work

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
While I think a Villains trailer would be cool, I'm not sure Nintendo would do something like that. I do expect some awesome newcomer trailers, though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think Shulk will be revealed as a Newcomer.
Metaknight will be revealed as a veteran.

It will finally be determined wether Isaac is an AT or PC.
Ridley's ultimate fate will be revealed/confirmed.

And for me:
I will finally put to rest my hopes for Balloon Fighter/Alice and Pokemon Trainer. Because I'm sure there'll be enough material to debunk either character, if it comes to that.
For example, if any pokemon from the Squirtle or Bulbasaur lines are revealed as Pokeball items, I will bury Pokemon Trainer in my mind, and finally move on.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
While I think a Villains trailer would be cool, I'm not sure Nintendo would do something like that. I do expect some awesome newcomer trailers, though.
Nintendo did the Koopalings trailer for Mario Kart 8, so this is not out of the realm of possibility. Hopefully Ganondorf, if they put him in, gets a unique moveset. He can throw energy balls, swing his sword, and do that purple swirly vortex thing.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
If we follow the same pattern from last year's E3 we should expect some veterans, one 3rd party newcomer, one slightly unexpected newcomer and one newcomer that no one would expect.
So my predictions are:
Veterans: Meta Knight,Ice Climbers,Ness and/or Lucas,Ike and Ganondorf
Newcomers: Pac Man,Shulk and Chorus Men

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Pac-man and thats it (if he's in). If Pac-man isn't in then its going to be Mii's (if they're in). If not then its Palutena (she's definitely in). Veterans? I don't think we are getting any at E3. Theres more to just characters in Smash plus theres going to be other stuff going on at E3. Sakurai doesn't want to steal the hype :troll:. He's going to probably focus on other things at E3 besides characters

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I expect to see Pac-Man and Miis as newcomers, though I've recently learned that Shulk's anniversary is actually June 10th which would be perfect for a reveal if he isn't unlockable, (and also they might actually have details about his new game at this year's E3 so it'd be perfect) so if we see him too, I also expect to see Palutena or Dixie Kong (whoever isn't unlockable) as I really think we'll see an even number of newcomers before release. Characters like Mewtwo and Ganondorf, I expect to see in the game, but as unlockables. And before people say we've already seen unlockables, I don't really think Marth and the others need to be unlocked this time.
As for veterans... I don't really think showing them at E3 is a good move strategically as they'll be easily overshadowed by newcomers - and before you bring up the direct, I think the direct was a great presentation for showing off all this info including veterans and a newcomer at the end. If they showed Greninja first we wouldn't have focused as much on the other info Sakurai had to get out there, like Sheik and Zamus being separate because of no more transforming characters, and the presentation wouldn't have ended in a bang. Whereas at E3, you have to start out with a bang to compete with every other company and trailer around grabbing your attention immediately with something not entirely expected. Therefore! E3 has to start with some newcomer trailers like last year, people were much more excited about newcomers like Megaman than veterans like Pit or Bowser. That's why at this point, after the initial announcement veterans at E3 seems like a bad idea, since they won't extend the hype or anything... They really get people talking at other times like the veterans on the site, when they have their own time to shine! Unfortunately, I really have no idea when else they're supposed to announce Ice Climbers so... maybe they'll be at E3 with some new mechanic or somethin.

Short version:
Newcomers - Pacman (fo sho) , Mii (probably) , Shulk (maybe) Palutena or Dixie Kong or Fire Emblem Awakening Rep being either Chrom or Robin (maybe)
Vets - Ice Climbers (I guess) , Meta Knight (maybe) , Wario (maybe)

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
If mewtwo makes it genesect can cause of the mew two movie and it could be double reveal also introduce a stage from the movie like the habitat area and the 4 gene sects could be hazards for the stage and could use the moves in the movie and when you kill it all4 do a mSsivive explosion that does work
Go back to Miiverse

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
How is Agumon, a character that didn't originate from a video game and who is from a series that Nintendo probably sees as a ripoff of Pokemon, a better rep than one of the most iconic video game characters of all time?

Anyway, I think a villain trailer might be shown at E3 since we only have Bowser and Dedede so far.

It would be awesome to see Ganondorf, Wario, Wolf, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Ridley, and King K. Rool face off against the heroes.
okay fine a virtual pet what you can battle other virtual pet seems like a video game to me
and why i think he would be a good idea charizard is solo now the two main fire starers battling it off see who would really win as of what same bros was intended for

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
okay fine a virtual pet what you can battle other virtual pet seems like a video game to me
and why i think he would be a good idea charizard is solo now the two main fire starers battling it off see who would really win as of what same bros was intended for
Listen, guy. I don't hate Digimon or anything, but Agumon won't happen.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I've seen a few mentions about chrom, roy and ike. But I think those characters are boring. If there's gonna be a new rep for fire emblem wouldn't you want it to be someone original. They have characters with not just swords but spears,lances and two handed axes. How about a new rep with a different weapon. I'm not very familiar with the series but I still want something different.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My Top 5's for Both Categories:
Note: I don't think all of these are happening. This is a ranking system.

Newcomers
1.Palutena
2.Pac-Man
3.Chrom
4.Ridley
5.Ray MK III

Veterans:
1. Meta Knight (heavily revised)
2. Captain Falcon (hopefully with a new game :3)
3. Ganondorf (heavily revised)
4. Ness
5. Jigglypuff

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've seen a few mentions about chrom, roy and ike. But I think those characters are boring. If there's gonna be a new rep for fire emblem wouldn't you want it to be someone original. They have characters with not just swords but spears,lances and two handed axes. How about a new rep with a different weapon. I'm not very familiar with the series but I still want something different.
Robin sounds like the character for you. Magic AND swords! And still a main character! He/She's gatta great chance, but with Marth as a starter they might just be unlockable.

Top Bottom