• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Possible Newcomers and Veterans reveals at E3.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
guys... I had a crazy idea... Did you thought about the possibility that, between every game that Nintendo show off in their Digital Event at E3, they show something new on Smash4? I mean, preferably related to the subject,... like "X" and then Shulk, a new Metroid and then Ridley, DKC trilogy on Virtual Console and then K. Rool, would be very hype!... They wouldn't even need to stay focused in Smash to show a lot of stuff about the game. 8D
Would be awesome if they did that!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ridley discussion should go in his thread in the Character section, people. This thread's just for discussing reveals, not the characters themselves.

Anyway, I'll make my list. It's set up so that the most likely are at the top, and then they dwindle down.

Veterans (Assuming they're not shown prior to E3):
Wario
Ice Climbers
Ness
Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ike

Newcomers:
Palutena
Mii
King K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk

I purposely left out Third Parties. I think if Pac-Man and/or Snake are in the game, it's E3 or bust. Considering the 3DS version hits stores this Summer, E3 is the only time to market them, which they would need to do prior to release. If they're not shown, they're not in. Simple as that. :p

Also Ridley. I don't have hope for him anymore, but if by some miracle he were playable, it'd also be "E3 or bust."

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
That seems a pretty strange reason to deconfirm him. Toon Link was shown directly, so that one is reasonable, but you never even saw Little Mac. Why do you jump to conclusions about Little Mac so quickly yet deny Ridley so much?
Oh man because we saw Ridley :/

If we are going to argue over Ridley can we please do it in the Ridley for Smash 4 thread where the arguments belong? This is a E3 reveal thread.

I believe that Ridley will be revealed for E3 because his reveal would cause the most hype that any character reveal could cause for Smash 4.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
If Pacman is in, I feel like he needs to be an E3 reveal. Snake could probably get away with just being connected to the last Direct before release as that's how Sonic, a returning Third Party was revealed. Snake would also work at E3, however, if he even makes it back.

I'm expecting 2-3 newcomers and any veterans in the starting roster (likely Ice Climbers, Wario, Metaknight, and Ness or Lucas).

While I want to see Ridley playable, I hope the debate gets put to rest one way or the other at E3.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Oh man because we saw Ridley :/

If we are going to argue over Ridley can we please do it in the Ridley for Smash 4 thread where the arguments belong? This is a E3 reveal thread.

I believe that Ridley will be revealed for E3 because his reveal would cause the most hype that any character reveal could cause for Smash 4.
Ridley WAS seen, there's his full shadow, as well as the tail that is seen for a second, which is recognizable as being Ridley's, even though it is a low quality texture.

I'll stop now, though. We can believe what we like, but it's not going to change what happens at E3.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
For veterans, I can see the most important reveals being ones that show major changes they have been given. Like nerfs or moveset updates.
- Lucas and Ness, if Luc has been un-semi-cloned
- Ganondorf and Captain Falcon, if Gdorf has been uncloned
- Meta Knight, if he has been nerfed
- Wario, if has more Wario Land moves

Squirtle and Ivysaur are also possible candidates, as reassurance for their fans.

For newcomers, i'm going to predict the same people you all predict. There is nobody else to reasonably expect. And if the pattern is expected - doubted - expected, and we just got another doubted, then I should expect someone who is expected.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ridley is NOT confirmed to be a Boss, no matter how much some will go to atc as it if. Neither is he confirmed playable. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Now, on topic. ^^ Still expect Three newcomers for this E3 (Ridley, PacMan and Mii/Palutena).
Veterans, though. Not sure. I expect a few, but I have no idea which it could be.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I think it will be similar to how the Smash Bros Direct went. In that he revealed Shiek, Z Samus, Charizard, Yoshi and the Newcomer Greninja. He chose these specific veterans because they had undergone drastic changes to their gameplay, particularly because of the removal of transformations.

So this time around I believe he's going to reveal Wario, Ganon, Chrom and Falco because they have big changes to them as well. Some of Wario's specials might have been changed to make him more effective character, and pay more tribute to the Wario World series, Ganon may be completely redone to make him a more unique character, Chrom will adapt Ike's move set and Falco adapts Wolf's move set and air game combos. There's only going to be 1 Newcomer announced like the direct, I have a strong hunch it'll be Palutena since nintendo is trying to play it smart and appease back to their hardcore gamers again, and Palutena is a heavily requested character by this audience so E3 would be a perfect opportunity to make this reveal.

I think Pac-man and snake aren't gonna be revealed until near release date.

Ness, Captian Falcon, Jigglypuff, G&W and Metaknight will be revealed regularly through Miiverse after the event I'm predicting.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't see how Falco could take Wolf's moveset, when Falco doesn't even have claws. I also don't see WHY he'd take his moveset. :/ Wolf is much more unique than Falco is, Falco has no right to take that from him. I expect Falco to be pretty much like he is in Brawl~

I can see Falco revealed at E3, though~

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I don't see how Falco could take Wolf's moveset, when Falco doesn't even have claws. I also don't see WHY he'd take his moveset. :/ Wolf is much more unique than Falco is, Falco has no right to take that from him. I expect Falco to be pretty much like he is in Brawl~

I can see Falco revealed at E3, though~
Falco has too much of a fan following to be cut, but Sakurai has stated that he wants to make the fighters far more diverse because of the large roster. Falco is too much of a clone as he is in brawl. He uses his feather hands as blades so he can do that instead of Wolf's claws, and I think the gameplay is more fitting for him since Wolf was all about air juggling, a perfect fit for a bird of prey and ace pilot like Falco. I would prefer wolf to be in but I don't se it realistically happening.

You have to keep in mind the 3DS only has so much memory, so he can't bring back every character hence why he has to make cuts in the roster

Morbi

Scavenger
Falco has too much of a fan following to be cut, but Sakurai has stated that he wants to make the fighters far more diverse because of the large roster. Falco is too much of a clone as he is in brawl. He uses his feather hands as blades so he can do that instead of Wolf's claws, and I think the gameplay is more fitting for him since Wolf was all about air juggling, a perfect fit for a bird of prey and ace pilot like Falco. I would prefer wolf to be in but I don't se it realistically happening.
Both are going to return. Neither have a plausible reason to be cut, no objective fact supports either of their removals. Just arbitrary assertions with fallacious reasoning, "but... but teh StarFalco series is died, teh sakuray are cut carrotchers."

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Both are going to return. Neither have a plausible reason to be cut, no objective fact supports either of their removals. Just arbitrary assertions with fallacious reasoning "but... but teh StarFalco series is died, teh sakuray are cut carrotchers."
The only legitimate reason for either to be cut is because Sakurai wants to get rid of clone characters. However, playing them in SSBB they didn't really feel like clones. If anything happens to them, I think Sakurai would revamp their movesets a little bit. That being said, I don't see either of them as E3 worthy reveals. If Sakurai changes a move or two from them it is likely to be a miiverse post.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only legitimate reason for either to be cut is because Sakurai wants to get rid of clone characters. However, playing them in SSBB they didn't really feel like clones. If anything happens to them, I think Sakurai would revamp their movesets a little bit. That being said, I don't see either of them as E3 worthy reveals. If Sakurai changes a move or two from them it is likely to be a miiverse post.
It isn't a logical reason though; if Sakurai didn't want characters to share a few moves, he wouldn't have programmed clones. He prefers to de-clone characters slowly over different iterations of Smash as seen with characters such as Falco, Ganondorf, and Luigi. He doesn't just remove them. Toon Link is the definitive reason that clone characters wont be cut; he was one of the first reveals and he is much more of a clone. Clone status is immaterial. Pokemon Trainer, the most unique character in Brawl, was cut. Why? It sure wasn't because he was a clone. He is omitting characters based on justification and programming. Clones are easy to program, he isn't going to cut easy to develop fan-favorites that offer diversity just because people don't want characters to share a couple of moves.

Wolf isn't a clone; at the very most, he is a pseudo-clone who shares "one" move.
Falco is a semi-clone. He is more likely to be cut under this fallacious assertion, but notice how everyone targets Wolf. The non-clone. Self-referential incoherence, they do not comprehend their own perspective. It is pathetic.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Warning Received
no objective fact supports either of their removals. Just arbitrary assertions with fallacious reasoning, "but... but teh StarFalco series is died, teh sakuray are cut carrotchers."
I never said at any point that this was fact, this is just my personal prediction and my line of reasoning to why.

I also said I would love to see wolf return but I didn't realistically see it happening. I could very well be wrong but there's no need to stuff words in my mouth I never said good sir

Morbi

Scavenger
I never said at any point that this was fact, this is just my personal prediction and my line of reasoning to why.
I didn't insinuate that you did; I was generalizing.

I also said I would love to see wolf return but I didn't realistically see it happening. I could very well be wrong but there's no need to stuff words in my mouth I never said good sir
Again, if a clone character is to be cut, it is Falco, the semi-clone. Wolf isn't a clone, so he doesn't apply to that reasoning. It is VERY realistic for both to return, why wouldn't it be? Is there a reason?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I honestly wanted Wolf cut because I just didn't like him and I don't like that there are so many Spacies.

But after watching some Star Fox vids, I can see that he's at least important to the franchise, arguably more important than Falco, and probably deserves a slot. *shrugs*

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Realistically I do see it happening, just not at E3. Also don't double post.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakurai says that an enemy from Samus' past will appear on Pyrosphere, then shows what is clearly Ridley's shadow on Pyrosphere while talking about other boss character appearances. Both of these can be explained by the fact that Ridley's model probably just isn't done yet. When you see his tail flash by the camera for a second in the Direct, the texture is really blurry and not detailed.

You're telling yourself that Ridley will be playable because Sakurai isn't outright saying he's a stage hazard even though he has all but said it twice. Ask yourself, why would he be saying those things, if Ridley WAS playable.
It's been over seven months since Pyrosphere was revealed. That should've been enough time to finish the main feature of the stage if it is indeed so, so why would it be incomplete? Hell, if that's the case, why show it at all?

Besides, it's very of inconsistent of Sakurai to "disconfirm" him via hints, since he always disconfirms characters in a very direct and straightforward manner. Dillon yesterday was a perfect example of this. Also, Little Mac was thought to not appear in the game for the longest time too (due to the Boxing Ring apparently not being from Punch Out and the Villager having boxing gloves) and turned out to be playable. It appears the same phenomena is happening with Ridley (and maybe Palutena and K. Rool too).

Plus, what would be the point of hyping something that has barely any importance to the overall game and that could potentially dissapoint a large part of the fanbase? It seems like a bad marketing strategy, doesn't it?

Think about it.

Back to E3, though....

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly wanted Wolf cut because I just didn't like him and I don't like that there are so many Spacies.

But after watching some Star Fox vids, I can see that he's at least important to the franchise, arguably more important than Falco, and probably deserves a slot. *shrugs*
See; that is the reasoning I LOVE to hear. I want people to admit that it is their personal preference, nothing more. Subjectivity, a faith-based perspective. It is a very arbitrary notion. Thank you, you don't pretend to be logical, you comprehend that it is just your opinion, and as such, you don't need support. The first of your kind, if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
I didn't insinuate that you did; I was generalizing.

Again, if a clone character is to be cut, it is Falco, the semi-clone. Wolf isn't a clone, so he doesn't apply to that reasoning. It is VERY realistic for both to return, why wouldn't it be? Is there a reason?
Yes it is just as viable for both of them to return, and I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.
The only thing I see getting in the way for both of them getting back in is the 3DS's restricted memory. Sakurai has said that the Roster is going to be a similar size as Brawl and this would be why. So at best we're going to see 45 characters plus between 10-12 total newcomers, so previous veterans may have to be removed.

Wolf is far more of a diverse character yes, but Falco has a huge fan following from Melee, if Wolf was cut but his move set given to Falco it would be a way to appease both parties. Again though this is purely speculation and I could very well be wrong, both could return and everything is rainbows and sunshine in the Smash Community XD

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
See; that is the reasoning I LOVE to hear. I want people to admit that it is their personal preference, nothing more. Subjectivity, a faith-based perspective. It is a very arbitrary notion. Thank you, you don't pretend to be logical, you comprehend that it is just your opinion, and as such, you don't need support. The first of your kind, if I am not mistaken.
And i agree, people do need to recognize that they're operating mostly on faith and preference and that at this point nothing is concrete. I don't think there's anything wrong with using evidence from what we've learned from Sakurai and using logical reasoning to help make these predictions though, but that's just me.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Yeah, well I also wish more people were like that. But for some reason, feeling, emotion and personal reasoning have been systematically devalued on the Internet.

Anyway, I've learned to be more optimistic about the roster. I can see Wolf, Ike, and especially Lucas all returning.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes it is just as viable for both of them to return, and I'm sorry I misunderstood your post.
The only thing I see getting in the way for both of them getting back in is the 3DS's restricted memory. Sakurai has said that the Roster is going to be a similar size as Brawl and this would be why. So at best we're going to see 45 characters plus between 10-12 total newcomers, so previous veterans may have to be removed.

Wolf is far more of a diverse character yes, but Falco has a huge fan following from Melee, if Wolf was cut but his move set given to Falco it would be a way to appease both parties. Again though this is purely speculation and I could very well be wrong, both could return and everything is rainbows and sunshine in the Smash Community XD
That is fine; I just disagree. Falco is already fairly close to being de-cloned and Wolf's move-set is reminiscent of something much more aggressive, it alludes to his innate nature as a Wolf. So if Wolf is cut, it is done. I don't necessarily believe Sakurai would impute Wolf's moves to Falco.

Also; I am not sure about the validity (as I have just accepted what they say as fact), but many believe that the 3DS limitations come in many other forms, such as SSE being omitted or certain stages being on the Wii U instead. Most don't believe that the roster will be influenced by limitations.

I apologize for being so inconsiderate though, I have just heard a lot of fallacious arguments in regards to the Wolf and Falco "complex." I just get so tired of hearing it, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It is entirely possible that Wolf is cut. But, it isn't going to be because he is a clone, as objectively, he isn't.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
That is fine; I just disagree. Falco is already fairly close to being de-cloned and Wolf's move-set is reminiscent of something much more aggressive, it alludes to his innate nature as a Wolf. So if Wolf is cut, it is done. I don't necessarily believe Sakurai would impute Wolf's moves to Falco.

Also; I am not sure about the validity (as I have just accepted what they say as fact), but many believe that the 3DS limitations come in many other forms, such as SSE being omitted or certain stages being on the Wii U instead. Most don't believe that the roster will be influenced by limitations.

I apologize for being so inconsiderate though, I have just heard a lot of fallacious arguments in regards to the Wolf and Falco "complex." I just get so tired of hearing it, I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It is entirely possible that Wolf is cut. But, it isn't going to be because he is a clone, as objectively, he isn't.
It's all good buddy, I would imagine it gets annoying constantly hearing talking while their heads are up their own butt :p

Morbi

Scavenger
No he hasn't.
He implied it; it isn't necessarily the same thing. I obviously expect that we will get at the very least, a 50 character roster (although I don't expect that number to increase much, at the very most 54). But he did heavily insinuate that a feasible roster would be close to Brawl's size, as Brawl's roster was what he considered feasible.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ridley discussion should go in his thread in the Character section, people. This thread's just for discussing reveals, not the characters themselves.

Anyway, I'll make my list. It's set up so that the most likely are at the top, and then they dwindle down.

Veterans (Assuming they're not shown prior to E3):
Wario
Ice Climbers
Ness
Meta Knight
Mewtwo
Ganondorf
Ike

Newcomers:
Palutena
Mii
King K. Rool
Chrom
Shulk

I purposely left out Third Parties. I think if Pac-Man and/or Snake are in the game, it's E3 or bust. Considering the 3DS version hits stores this Summer, E3 is the only time to market them, which they would need to do prior to release. If they're not shown, they're not in. Simple as that. :p

Also Ridley. I don't have hope for him anymore, but if by some miracle he were playable, it'd also be "E3 or bust."
I'd say at least two veterans and two newcomers to be shown at E3 would be my guess. If I were to pick, I'll say Wario and either Meta-Knight or Ice Climbers and Chrom and maybe Palutena for E3. Although I would be very surprised if the newcomer character shown was not on the list provided.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd say at least two veterans and two newcomers to be shown at E3 would be my guess. If I were to pick, I'll say Wario and either Meta-Knight or Ice Climbers and Chrom and maybe Palutena for E3. Although I would be very surprised if the newcomer character shown was not on the list provided.
I feel as though; if two veterans were to be shown, that Ganondorf would be one of them. Just because.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I think it will be similar to how the Smash Bros Direct went. In that he revealed Shiek, Z Samus, Charizard, Yoshi and the Newcomer Greninja. He chose these specific veterans because they had undergone drastic changes to their gameplay, particularly because of the removal of transformations.

So this time around I believe he's going to reveal Wario, Ganon, Chrom and Falco because they have big changes to them as well. Some of Wario's specials might have been changed to make him more effective character, and pay more tribute to the Wario World series, Ganon may be completely redone to make him a more unique character, Chrom will adapt Ike's move set and Falco adapts Wolf's move set and air game combos. There's only going to be 1 Newcomer announced like the direct, I have a strong hunch it'll be Palutena since nintendo is trying to play it smart and appease back to their hardcore gamers again, and Palutena is a heavily requested character by this audience so E3 would be a perfect opportunity to make this reveal.

I think Pac-man and snake aren't gonna be revealed until near release date.

Ness, Captian Falcon, Jigglypuff, G&W and Metaknight will be revealed regularly through Miiverse after the event I'm predicting.
No no no. Please don't say that. I can't see Chrom having Ike's move set when the two are completely different characters, despite Chrom having Aether in Awakening. If anyone gets Ike's move set in the chance that he is cut, it's Priam, but even then, his chances are slim.

Ike has a pretty good chance of returning, to be fair.

R0Y

Smash Master
Ness and Captain Falcon revealed at E3 and revert to starters like in Melee. :)

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Ness and Captain Falcon revealed at E3 and revert to starters like in Melee. :)
They won't be. They're unlockable, so they'll be revealed later, after the game is released. Someone like Meta Knight has a far better chance of being revealed at E3 because they were not unlockable in previous games.

As for newcomers, I'm expecting one (possibly 2?), mostly just looking for Palutena

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No no no. Please don't say that. I can't see Chrom having Ike's move set when the two are completely different characters, despite Chrom having Aether in Awakening. If anyone gets Ike's move set in the chance that he is cut, it's Priam, but even then, his chances are slim.

Ike has a pretty good chance of returning, to be fair.
THIS. I've always wondered where it was set in stone that Fire Emblem had to have 2 characters. Why can't we have both Ike and Chrom? And I agree, even if Ike is replaced with Chrom, Chrom should not get Ike's moves. It would just feel wrong.

Also, I think they should reveal Wario and Meta Knight at E3. When they were revealed for Brawl, they were revealed at E3. I think it would be kinda funny if they were revealed at E3 again.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Returning Vets

Ganondorf
Ness
Falcon
Falco
Wario

Newcomers
Palutena
Ridley (the dead one revitalized. The one in Other M is a clone).\
King K. Rool
Shulk
Mii (I don't want it, but its pretty likely)

Special Cases
Mewtwo+Jigglypuff/Genesect

Although Jiggly is practically guaranteed, there is the off chance that Gene comes in and the two creations duke it out in a battle of attrition, and both learn neither can overcome the other.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
They won't be. They're unlockable, so they'll be revealed later, after the game is released. Someone like Meta Knight has a far better chance of being revealed at E3 because they were not unlockable in previous games.
Please don't state your opinion like it is fact. Also this "unlockable characters will not be revealed before the release" thing is the worst argument ever. :4tlink::4sonic::4luigi::4marth:

R0Y

Smash Master

As for newcomers, I'm expecting one (possibly 2?), mostly just looking for Palutena
Ness and C. Falcon were not unlockable in one of the previous games.

Top Bottom