• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible interest in a Nintendo X Capcom fighter A MUST READ.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yoshinori Ono from Capcom wants to pitch a idea creating a crossover fighter with Nintendo but he wants to tell the idea to Nintendo of Japan and super smash brothers creator Masahiro Sakurai so that he can get the green light for the project. The article is below this paragraph for the source of the website providing this info.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/15105

So what do you guys of this, would you support this would you not, your opinion about it and any idea's of how our community can benefit for this? DISCUSS!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Oh I'm so up for this. Please make it MvC style.

Please.

I beg of you.

EDIT: @Capcom

Life

Smash Hero
Smash characters use Smash controls and Capcom characters use MvC contr... no, that's a terrible idea.

So now Ryu can fight Mario and Ken can fight Marth? Get hyped.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You guys are forgetting we can have a Akuma vs MK fight to see which one is the better god tier character.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Super smash bros. vs capcom, Just awesome. That would be one of the best surprises for SSB4.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You guys are forgetting we can have a Akuma vs MK fight to see which one is the better god tier character.
I'm thinking more along the lines of Sagat vs. MK, but Akuma can do nicely too.

Also, he did announce interest, but - at the cost of being a buzzkill - it doesn't necessarily guarantee that such a game will ever exist. From a financial standpoint, it will do extremely well, and seeing as Capcom has had a good track record with Nintendo, including helping with making The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages, and The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, it isn't exactly as far as a flight of fancy to think it will happen. Still, don't get overly hyped over something that may end up being too good to be true.

i8pie

Smash Apprentice
I wonder who would make the roster on the Capcom side. Ryu and SF characters seem a no-brainer for a fighting game but if they get Sakurai on board he might think it'd be too hardcore or might want to avoid it because he wants to go the casual path.

Landry

Smash Ace
I doubt Nintendo would be upset if it was a hardcore game as long as Capcom was producing it; I don't think that'll be their biggest problem. Honestly I think it's going to be a lot harder just to get Nintendo on board just in general. But man... can you imagine the hype this game would have? Oh my god.

EDIT: I'd like to see an actual transcript before we all get gung-ho about this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My main concern is Sakurai. Hopefully though, Capcom can talk some sense into Sakurai that it's better when only one wins instead of everyone.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This could end well, but has massive potential to end terrible.

Not trying to be a downer, just remember how totally different Nintendo's fighting games and Capcom's fighting games are.

*whispers* Yee! That's my hype, for now.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
this would be godlike.

However, it should be up to Capcom.

Unless they do a Smash Bros x Capcom and Capcom x Smash Bros, like what street fighter is going for tekken. One game in the smash bros engine, and one in the 2d fighter engine.

**** WOULD BE REDICULOUS

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
If this does happen, I hope they don't get lazy with the voice acting.

I want Mario Characters to actually SAY SOMETHING. It could be meaningful of not. I just don't want it to be complete grunts and groans. Ditto Donkey Kong.

Kirby could mimic whatever his enemy says.

The Pocket Monsters could either go "Ordinary Speak" od Mystery Dungeon Speak."

Link can remain silent(though, it would look stupid if Zelda and Ganon did the same).

Life

Smash Hero
If this does happen, I hope they don't get lazy with the voice acting.

I want Mario Characters to actually SAY SOMETHING. It could be meaningful of not. I just don't want it to be complete grunts and groans. Ditto Donkey Kong.

Kirby could mimic whatever his enemy says.

The Pocket Monsters could either go "Ordinary Speak" od Mystery Dungeon Speak."

Link can remain silent(though, it would look stupid if Zelda and Ganon did the same).
Two words. And the first one is "FAAAAAAAALCONE". You can guess the second.

I still think a special victory pose for Ken vs. Marth would be hilarious. Kinda like Fox and Falco/Wolf.

And Mega Man being bitter about not being in Brawl would be even funnier.

But no need to talk fan-jokes. Somebody talk about the cast. On Nintendo's side I'm thinking the 64 vets (+/- Jiggs) plus Marth and MK. Capcom... look at MvC3 for ideas? Not so sure there.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ganon vs Bison people but also the success varies on what console it is released on as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just want to see:

Mario vs. Ryu, Link vs. Dante, Capt. Falcon vs. Viewtiful Joe, Samus vs. Chun-Li (or Viper, but mostly Chun), Ganondorf vs. Bison, Pikachu vs. Amaterasu (or Blanka), Meta-Knight vs. Akuma, and Fox vs. Chris.

I think it would be better if the game was released on console instead of handheld. As much as I like playing on handhelds, I doubt a whole lot of people will take a fighter on a handheld seriously

RATED

Smash Lord
Falcon vs Zangief hype. Who's the manliest ever. Dedede vs Zangief= Hilarious.

Metaknight vs Akuma, **** gets real.

Zero vs Marth

This would be ****ing epic if sakurai is dead. I don't want to see a SF character or any capcom character tripping.

Fox would be a **** character

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
What bugs me, however, is that Nintendo has a knack for characters that aren't exactly in human proportion.

I don't know about you guys, but even though Viewtiful Joe is fun, I wouldn't want to see his size thrown across the entire cast, and if they instead scaled up the characters, they'd just look nightmarish. They'd have to give most of the cast either entire make-overs, or ridiculous hurtboxes.

Nintendo characters (minus Link) have never been in a traditional fighting game, remember.

And I'm not too fond of all the Sakurai hate in this thread. Remember, guys, that he made Melee, and from a financial standpoint, Brawl was in every word a success, even if it was unfinished. It's still the world's most popular game right now and one of the most loved, even if it's by only the casual community.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I don't see why everyone is so paranoid about Sakurai possibly being involved in this and making it a 'casual' game. You are aware that he also directed Melee, right?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He's also claimed he worked indefinitely harder on Melee than Brawl.

So if Sakurai actually TRIES this'll end up ****ing amazing.

Landry

Smash Ace
Ganon vs Bison people but also the success varies on what console it is released on as well.
It would have to be the Wii. I mean, obviously Nintendo wouldn't back any other system, unless you're proposing that it could be a hand held title.

I don't see why everyone is so paranoid about Sakurai possibly being involved in this and making it a 'casual' game. You are aware that he also directed Melee, right?
He's also said that he never wants to make a game like Melee again. He want smash to be more casual. That's why we've got to hope his involvement (at least as far as game development) is limited in this potential project. I'm not anti Sakurai, but personally I'm not sure he's going to be thrilled with this idea anyway.

Honestly I think that since it would be Capcom's proposal to Nintendo then Capcom would have to do most of the game development. They really just need Nintendo to sign off on it in order to use their characters. Here's to hoping.

Also, guys, keep in mind that there is literally no evidence behind this rumor. There's one website and it doesn't even give us a transcript of the official statement. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

KururuSouchou

Smash Rookie
My guess is that if this were to become a reality, it would probably just reuse the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom engine. Not that that's a bad thing by any means - it's accessible enough not to alienate the more casual Nintendo fans, but has enough depth to appease fans of conventional fighters.

While I highly doubt this will come to fruition, I'd love it if it did happen - I'd love to be able to play as various Nintendo characters in a proper fighting game. As much as I love Smash Bros., it's really more of a fighting/platformer hybrid.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
So much potential for this.

Imagine Diddy in the SF engine.
That would be awesome.
And broken.

G&W in the SF engine.

Mewtwo............I would want Mewtwo to be in this so much.

So much hype

Life

Smash Hero
He has a cameo in SSFIV (sort of). Go to Skyscraper under Construction and look at for a guy in the left side of the stage ;)
As it turns out, I was actually thinking of Ridley, but M.Bison has that one costume (it's Bison, right? And it's a costume, not a hack, right? I fail at SF)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As it turns out, I was actually thinking of Ridley, but M.Bison has that one costume (it's Bison, right? And it's a costume, not a hack, right? I fail at SF)
Bison doesn't have anything of the sort. The only costumes he has is Damaged Bison, Mecha-Bison, and General Bison/Thriller Bison. There aren't any Nintendo references, not even a Blankachu.

Top Bottom