• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Well that's something. A work of art ain't it?

Some of you aren't gonna like this comment but at this point I would be /over the moon/ if Porky was added as a Bowser Jr. echo. Even that would make me very happy.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well that's something. A work of art ain't it?

Some of you aren't gonna like this comment but at this point I would be /over the moon/ if Porky was added as a Bowser Jr. echo. Even that would make me very happy.
I commented that back in the first page, there are some movesets they could share like the mecha koopas being porky bots, but then there are others that...
It couldn't be an exact echo, specially because they are different franchises, but they could easily share some attacks and movesets.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Oh definitely. I still want them to show an echo that has most of an existing character's movelist but also one or two that are completely unique to that echo. The echo concept is great but their parameters are ill-described.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I don't know if this was posted but here's a concept of Porky in Mother 3 style:

View attachment 162540
I've never seen such an idea before! I like how they used the Porky Statue's arms in various moves, that's very creative! Although the design and all looks cool, I doubt Sakurai would take such liberties with Porky, and that's a bummer knowing how great this moveset and design could be.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I wouldn't reject any Porky we get; but if i'm being honest I MASSIVELY prefer the Earthbound mech design over the Mother 3 one. Both would be unique for sure, but I have a major preference to the bubble walker.

Also for some reason I think Gygas being a part of his Final Smash would increase if he had the mech from that game.

Last edited:

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
I don't see the problem with EB Porky having some Mother 3 moves. IIRC Porky said in Mother 3 that he wasn't aging correctly because he had been travelling through multiple time periods a ton of times.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don't see the problem with EB Porky having some Mother 3 moves. IIRC Porky said in Mother 3 that he wasn't aging correctly because he had been travelling through multiple time periods a ton of times.
Yeah so his mech in 3 is more of a life support machine

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I don't really care which one gets in, I really love both, and I think both can work perfectly with the same moveset, I only prefer the Mother 3 one because it's the most recent, but now I can see him getting his Earthbound one just like Ganondorf and Zelda with their new designs from older games.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I don't really care which one gets in, I really love both, and I think both can work perfectly with the same moveset, I only prefer the Mother 3 one because it's the most recent, but now I can see him getting his Earthbound one just like Ganondorf and Zelda with their new designs from older games.
Moveset wise it can work but not hitbox wise

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
There’s a new support thread for Porky?
And it took me this long to find it??
Count me in guys, I’m holding out hope for him to appear in Ultimate
BAF6CD28-3907-47E7-8AEE-78A57003FE59.jpeg

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I like how dark it looks the ones where Porky controls the mech from inside a glass chamber and it looks like he's sleeping.

With the top down I guess he could emote and stuff but I want pretty much a scaled down Brawl boss version.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I like how dark it looks the ones where Porky controls the mech from inside a glass chamber and it looks like he's sleeping.

With the top down I guess he could emote and stuff but I want pretty much a scaled down Brawl boss version.
Personally the only reason I'd probably like more the Earthbound mech over the Mother 3 one is just to have a business suit alt, but I still look forward to having the Mother 3 design.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Have we came to a conclusion on what’s the better mech to choose from?
i think more people would be in favor of his Heavy Armor in Mother 2 than the Mother 3 one, even if its possible Sakurai would do a conglomerate redesign like Ultimate's Ridley and K.Rool
but like OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer said, we should do a census on that.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
The problem with the Mother 3 design is that Porky almost cannot move, his body has been so damaged with the time travel that he barely can talk, always breathing hard and "cough" "cough", meanwhile is Mother 2 (Earthbound) design gives him the ability to be more expressive and move more inside the mech, including the chance of doing a "spankety" taunt.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The problem with the Mother 3 design is that Porky almost cannot move, his body has been so damaged with the time travel that he barely can talk, always breathing hard and "cough" "cough", meanwhile is Mother 2 (Earthbound) design gives him the ability to be more expressive and move more inside the mech, including the chance of doing a "spankety" taunt.
This is my main argument! While the brittle bed bound body is interesting and all; I want Porky out their being even more of a petulant brat than Bowser Junior and the Koopa kids! I wanna see full out tantrum like attacks xD

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
The Earthbound mech has more pros than cons, while the Mother 3 has more cons than pros. The Earthbound Porky is more expressive with the potential of a Business Suit alt (yes this is like the 500th time I say it), but he has the glass, but that's no problem for the mech (perhaps they could remove the glass, it's not like there's any danger for Porky like Olimar's oxygen problem). The Mother 3 is the most recent and has no glass, but it's slightly bigger than Earthbound's and Porky isn't expressive at all, he just moves his arms.

i think more people would be in favor of his Heavy Armor in Mother 2 than the Mother 3 one, even if its possible Sakurai would do a conglomerate redesign like Ultimate's Ridley and K.Roo
It'd be nice to see that! Maybe something like the japanese moveset post Zeox showed us, it'd be really cool! It makes sense with the time travelling thing!

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd come over here to show my support as OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer suggested so, while I think he definitely more on the unlikely side it's not like he's impossible, given the rivals theme and how Porky was in both of the mother games being represented at the moment and mother has not gotten a new rep since Brawl and that rep was a semi clone.
Oh yeah and New Pork City came back which really helps his chances a ton IMO.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thought I'd come over here to show my support as OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer suggested so, while I think he definitely more on the unlikely side it's not like he's impossible, given the rivals theme and how Porky was in both of the mother games being represented at the moment and mother has not gotten a new rep since Brawl and that rep was a semi clone.
Oh yeah and New Pork City came back which really helps his chances a ton IMO.
Welcome to the Pig Mask army my friend. :)

JadeBladeGamer22

Smash Cadet
I feel like he should be in his bed mecha because it is not only more aesthetically interesting, it is also more easier to recognize for non-mother fans, so casuals can be like "Oh dude that spider guy from brawl"

Zeox

Smash Champion
I feel like he should be in his bed mecha because it is not only more aesthetically interesting, it is also more easier to recognize for non-mother fans, so casuals can be like "Oh dude that spider guy from brawl"
Or a perfect mix between the two designs, just like Ridley is a mix between designs and K. Rool a mix between his old and new design, the spider mecha could have a similar shape to the one from Earthbound but more aesthetically similar to the one from Mother 3.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Consider me a supporter. I think in a series like Mother where the cast of characters is mostly made up of new faces, the characters that manage to show up more than once, especially in major roles, are the ones who should get priority.

Before Bower Junior created precedent for permanent vehicle fighters, I wasn't sure how he'd work, but I like the mini spider-mech idea... I did see someone suggest that he could be a joke character that kind of fumbles his way through the fight, falling over into his foes, or pretending to be scared and doing a sucker punch, as a throwback to when he was in your party at the beginning of EB, but I like the mech idea more.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i REALLY wish there was a ripped model of ALBW Ganon
tried looking everywhere and nobody bothered to dump some stuff from ALBW

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I did some quick doodles for designs Porky could have in Smash Bros.
IMG_20180911_173455.jpg
IMG_20180911_173434.jpg

I used a ruler to measure lengths of course.

Last edited:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Consider me a supporter. I think in a series like Mother where the cast of characters is mostly made up of new faces, the characters that manage to show up more than once, especially in major roles, are the ones who should get priority.

Before Bower Junior created precedent for permanent vehicle fighters, I wasn't sure how he'd work, but I like the mini spider-mech idea... I did see someone suggest that he could be a joke character that kind of fumbles his way through the fight, falling over into his foes, or pretending to be scared and doing a sucker punch, as a throwback to when he was in your party at the beginning of EB, but I like the mech idea more.
I've never heard that take on Porky before but that's really intriguing. Maybe he could use a teddy bear or something to prevent him from getting wrecked in his normal human form.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I've never heard that take on Porky before but that's really intriguing. Maybe he could use a teddy bear or something to prevent him from getting wrecked in his normal human form.
What if he used a Ness doll as his shield lmao

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Lol maybe. Honestly what I'm describing though... is what Jeff should have been. He would probably use a teddy bear with a super armor attack and utliIize all the items in Earthbound. For his taunt he could put ketchup and salt on a burger or something... IDK.

Boggles my damn mind we don't have any love for Jeff. Maybe Dr. Andonuts since he's not technically deconfirmed.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, that's so obvious but I like his idea for a laser attack controlling the same way PK Thunder does. Adding any character takes a lot of work but a great Porky doesn't need to be that involved.

Once again here's hoping Mother gets more than just a clone.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
or dear, i realized i mean to post that in the Ganon support thread :psycho:
what model?
The classic one that appears in a cutscene

Or the one fused with Yuga?
both actually
because the Yuganon model has Ganon's Trident of Power
so if i could get my hands on both Ganon and Yuganon's ALBW models, i may be able to do something with them.
(gonna take this over the proper thread)

Top Bottom