• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think people give Porky a fair shot! It's a little unfortunate Bowser Jr. stole his thunder of being the first character inside a mech, but at least Porky would have a cooler style about himself! Even outside of being a villain, the PERFECT villain for the Mother series, I feel like he's the next obvious pick in line for another Mother character. And of course Porky as a character is very memorable on his own, he'd really make a great addition.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porky would make a great character for the game. I just kind of don't believe it's going to happen.

Maybe if the Porky supporters make enough of a fuss to get him in as DLC

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
He has always been my #1 most wanted after Lucas got in, and I saw that he was actually recognized with a boss, his own stage (kind of) and his own music. Either him, Kumatora, or The Masked Man would all be greatly appreciated, but especially Porky. I think if we're getting anyone, we're probably just getting a Ninten echo, but seeing him again as a boss would still be great.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Porky would make a great character for the game. I just kind of don't believe it's going to happen.

Maybe if the Porky supporters make enough of a fuss to get him in as DLC
With bosses appearing, as supposed, I'm afraid Porky could still be a boss if they don't manage to scale him down or actually get him working, perhaps when I saw Ridley getting in my ray of hope on Porky suddenly stroke. Well of course that doesn't mean Porky is guaranteed, I don't think Petey Piranha would get in suddenly, and of course, Master Hand would never get in.

Toucan_Man

Smash Cadet
Porky seems like a really unique idea with the spider mech. I don’t know much about Earthbound/Mother, but more representation for the series as well as more villain representation seems like a good idea to me. I support.

(I noticed an absence of a support list on the first post, is that kept track of? Also the move set ideas on the initial post are really well done.)

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
A couple of months ago just when I discovered the Earthbound series I already loved Porky, and I did a couple of sprites in anticipation:

I wanted to make every single recolor into a Heavily Armed Porky recolor, but I lost interest in doing these sprites. Obviously these are edits from the Mother 3 Porky, and back then I didn't know that Porky bots had over-world sprites. Here are the references:
-First Line: Business Suit Porky, normal Porky, Apple Kid based default Porky
-Second Line: Heavily Armed Porky Gyigas influenced (everyone draws the mech in gray, although I always saw it as a brown-ish gray)
-Third Line: Default Porky, Business Suit Based Porky, Apple Kid Porky, Jeff Porky, Porky Bot Porky, Masked Man Porky, Old Porky.
-Fourth Line: Business Suit Porky, Default Porky Based BS Porky, Gyigas Influenced Porky, Ness Porky, Pajama Ness Porky, Yellow Porky (it's a mix between Ness' Yellow Costume and Lucas), Picky Porky.
-Fifth Line: Porky Bot, Pig Mask Porky Bot, Fassad Porky Bot, Kumatora Porky Bot, Tony Porky Bot, Giegue Sprite Colors Based Porky Bot, Mr. Carpainter Porky Bot.
-Sixth Line: Mother 3 Porky, Default Porky Based Porky, Save Frog Based Porky (personally I love the last one, I had lots of fun finding a way to represent every single appearance of the save frog with Porky)

I also did most of the recolors from the third and fourth line for a Brawl mod I found!

I'm pretty much showing this to demonstrate how much costume potential Porky could have, although I haven't done the spider-mech ones yet...
If anyone wants the mod here's the link: https://gamebanana.com/skins/164425
The original mod isn't made by me, credit given in the submission.

Last edited:

Chumble Spuzz

Smash Rookie
I want this little ******* in the game so badly! So much potential, so many possible references, a much-needed Mother villain... If he doesn't make it in Ultimate he better be DLC. I just wish he had more support!

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I vectored Porky with a Ridley for scale.
porky.png

Made both versions as a proposal for a clone/Echo. also the bed-mecha's six legs are based on the overworld sprite.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I vectored Porky with a Ridley for scale.
View attachment 161353
Made both versions as a proposal for a clone/Echo. also the bed-mecha's six legs are based on the overworld sprite.
Nice job, I really like your drawings! So many people that hear about Porky think that he wouldn't fit in due to his mech being too big, but that shows perfectly how it could easily work. I'm hoping for a Mother 3 Porky, although the Earthbound mech would be great as well, plus Earthbound's could have a business suit Porky alt costume!

Yoshi 2410

Smash Cadet
It seems like Porky has been starting to recieve attention by the Smash fanbase, and i really like that. Pokey is one of my most requested characters, and with all the (admittedly small) evidence he actually looks plausible and not just a fever dream. Hopefully this support lasts and increases whenever we get a Smash Ballot 2: The Sequel

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
You know I just joined Smashboards right?
I'm pretty much sure he meant Porky Minch, not you, most Earthbound/Mother 3 players hate Porky for his personality and what he did. I highly doubt he meant you my dude.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More villains to the roster would be great and Porky would definitely be an very notable and recognizable one. To top that off he could work like Bowser Jr. in his Spider Mech.

I'd be down for him honestly.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Porky’s being rated in the RTC thread, be sure to pop by and show your support!

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Fellow Porky supporter right here!

I am a huge Mother fan and Porky's inclusion as a newcomer would be amazing to me, especially after he already got so much attention back in Brawl.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he got so much attention in Brawl that it felt weird to have nothing about him in Smash 4. Single player experience in Smash 4 was awful though, the bosses were not my favorite

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I don't know if anybody brought this up already, but it's the fact that Mr. Saturn is the only item to appear in the Ultimate mural. Perhaps it could hint at a new Earthbound rep or maybe it was just to show off the Pikmin. My theory of course is that Porky will be playable, Mr. Saturn was both in Earthbound and Mother 3, who else? P O R K Y M I N C H
What do you all think, did Sakurai did this as a hint towards Porky, or maybe another Earthbound rep, obviously Masked Man or Ninten, or just to show off Pikmin's functionality?

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I'd love if it was a hint for a Mother newcomer, especially if it's Porky or Ninten or even better both plz.

Smash in general is very kind to Mother and it's obvious that the series has fans behind the scenes, even Ultimate so far has the return of all previous Mother stages, the added Final Smash cameos of Paula, Poo, Kumatora & Boney and Ramblin' Evil Mushroom as a new item, so I'd like to think that a new Mother character isn't out of the question.

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I'd love if it was a hint for a Mother newcomer, especially if it's Porky or Ninten or even better both plz.

Smash in general is very kind to Mother and it's obvious that the series has fans behind the scenes, even Ultimate so far has the return of all previous Mother stages, the added Final Smash cameos of Paula, Poo, Kumatora & Boney and Ramblin' Evil Mushroom as a new item, so I'd like to think that a new Mother character isn't out of the question.
Also hope Duster becomes an assist, then we'll have both crews perfectly represented in Smash! After that we just need Porky, and Earthbound needs no more in my opinion. Maybe have more music from both Earthbound and Mother 3 especially a Porky's Porkies remix, please Sakurai

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I feel like Porky might have been an underdog in the Smash Ballot. Just a gut feeling. He wasn't a boss in Smash 4 or an Assist so there was nothing in people's minds stopping them from thinking he was viable for DLC (unlike Ashley, Skull Kid, Shadow, Etc)

I'm unsure if he's getting in; but I wouldn't be surprised in him being a Wild Card in the roster.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Ughh I feel like we have less to talk about than other newcomer pages because there weren't very many references to Porky in Smash 4. We have practically every Mother character I wanted deconfirmed because they are in the final smashes but we don't have anything that Porky seems missing from.

Would you consider New Pork City as a possible place we could look for clues? Maybe if they release footage of it and something is changed...

Zeox

Smash Champion
1. Everyone is here: Porky has been since melee (as a small reference), so in some way or another he must be there.
2. People demanding more villains to Smash and Sakurai giving us more villains than ever for this Smash.
3. Porky also represents a side of the Mother franchise that hasn't been represented yet, the dark and creepy side that became prominent in the final part of Earthbound and more than half of Mother 3.
4. Mother 1 was localized in 2015 yet we still didn't saw the localization of Mother 3 even if that's what the fans wanted, it doesn't take you 3 years to do an english translation, but that's the year the roster for smash ultimate was decided, so maybe Sakurai got an idea and told them to hold the localization so they could do a double announcement (New Mother character in Smash + Mother 3 localization), that way they generate more hype and both sells better.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
3. Porky also represents a side of the Mother franchise that hasn't been represented yet, the dark and creepy side that became prominent in the final part of Earthbound and more than half of Mother 3.
4. Mother 1 was localized in 2015 yet we still didn't saw the localization of Mother 3 even if that's what the fans wanted, it doesn't take you 3 years to do an english translation, but that's the year the roster for smash ultimate was decided, so maybe Sakurai got an idea and told them to hold the localization so they could do a double announcement (New Mother character in Smash + Mother 3 localization), that way they generate more hype and both sells better.
I was expecting something similar to that, I thought that they would obviously announce Pikmin 4, and along that maybe they could reveal Louie as an Olimar echo, and of course, I was also expecting Mother 3 to finally be announced for localization! Ness and Lucas show what the games are all about, mainly PK and PSI, and Porky could be a great Earthbound rep without any PK, PSI abilities. I've heard that Porky is now the most wanted in Japan (one person told me, so I rather not believe that), maybe, but he for sure is wanted a lot now. Perhaps if Porky doesn't get in as a boss we can still hope for some sweet DLC! I wonder if they could probably pull off something like Mario Tennis Aces, one new character each month, but I think that seems like too much work for them.
I also never thought of Porky showing the dark side, honestly I don't know why people want Giegue, he's literally inside a glass, he's immobile, he'd better work as an assist trophy, plus Porky has an even more interesting personality in my opinion. Lately I've seen people argue that Earthbound is a dead and obscure franchise so that it shouldn't get any new rep, but when getting Poo, Paula, Kumatora and Boney in Ness' and Lucas' final smashes, it's obvious that we're getting more representation, and the obvious is Duster becoming an assist trophy, there's no reason for leaving him out. If Porky gets in as a boss, I'll accept it, if he only gets a trophy, I'll be mad, if he doesn't appear, I'll hope for DLC.

1. Everyone is here: Porky has been since melee (as a small reference), so in some way or another he must be there.
2. People demanding more villains to Smash and Sakurai giving us more villains than ever for this Smash.
Although you say Porky has been in since melee, it's sad Porky only got a trophy in Sm4sh, but if we look it in another way, he also got a Porky Statue trophy!
I'm guessing we'll get him as DLC, maybe one of the last ones, or first ones, depending on what order Sakurai decides to go, if he follows an order, my point is that although he's getting demanded a lot now, I guess in the ballot he wasn't popular enough to get in the base roster, but I still think he could be in by surprise, I still believe that Mr. Saturn in the mural means something...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I was expecting something similar to that, I thought that they would obviously announce Pikmin 4, and along that maybe they could reveal Louie as an Olimar echo, and of course, I was also expecting Mother 3 to finally be announced for localization! Ness and Lucas show what the games are all about, mainly PK and PSI, and Porky could be a great Earthbound rep without any PK, PSI abilities. I've heard that Porky is now the most wanted in Japan (one person told me, so I rather not believe that), maybe, but he for sure is wanted a lot now. Perhaps if Porky doesn't get in as a boss we can still hope for some sweet DLC! I wonder if they could probably pull off something like Mario Tennis Aces, one new character each month, but I think that seems like too much work for them.
I also never thought of Porky showing the dark side, honestly I don't know why people want Giegue, he's literally inside a glass, he's immobile, he'd better work as an assist trophy, plus Porky has an even more interesting personality in my opinion. Lately I've seen people argue that Earthbound is a dead and obscure franchise so that it shouldn't get any new rep, but when getting Poo, Paula, Kumatora and Boney in Ness' and Lucas' final smashes, it's obvious that we're getting more representation, and the obvious is Duster becoming an assist trophy, there's no reason for leaving him out. If Porky gets in as a boss, I'll accept it, if he only gets a trophy, I'll be mad, if he doesn't appear, I'll hope for DLC.

Although you say Porky has been in since melee, it's sad Porky only got a trophy in Sm4sh, but if we look it in another way, he also got a Porky Statue trophy!
I'm guessing we'll get him as DLC, maybe one of the last ones, or first ones, depending on what order Sakurai decides to go, if he follows an order, my point is that although he's getting demanded a lot now, I guess in the ballot he wasn't popular enough to get in the base roster, but I still think he could be in by surprise, I still believe that Mr. Saturn in the mural means something...
There's also the fact that the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom is a item and to a lesser extent, every Mother stage in the series coming back. I think if Porky is in the Spirits mode, he will be a playable character instead of a boss because Ridley was a boss back in Subspace Emissary, and it would just look wrong to see the downscaled playable Ridley fight the upscaled boss Porky Minch since they were both bosses back in Subspace Emissary.

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
There's also the fact that the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom is a item and to a lesser extent, every Mother stage in the series coming back. I think if Porky is in the Spirits mode, he will be a playable character instead of a boss because Ridley was a boss back in Subspace Emissary, and it would just look wrong to see the downscaled playable Ridley fight the upscaled boss Porky Minch since they were both bosses back in Subspace Emissary.
The only reason I don't support this as much as I want is because Petey Piranha was also a boss. It would also feel bad to leave the last boss from SSE that comes from a videogames series behind, I pretty much remember the rest being original bosses from the Smash Bros. series.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only reason I don't support this as much as I want is because Petey Piranha was also a boss. It would also feel bad to leave the last boss from SSE that comes from a videogames series behind, I pretty much remember the rest being original bosses from the Smash Bros. series.
Yeah, but Petey Piranha was just a smaller boss in the Mario series that has only made 3 appearances in any games if I can call correctly. Porky on the other hand is the co-antagonist of Mother 2 and main antagonist of Mother 3, so he is a lot more important to the Mother series than Petey Piranha is to the Mario series.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Rayquaza as a playable fighter?

Zeox

Smash Champion
it's sad Porky only got a trophy in Sm4sh, but if we look it in another way, he also got a Porky Statue trophy!
He got his Porky statue trophy in the 3DS version and a trophy of him in his spider robot in the Wii U version, but also he was an Item in the Smash Tour mode, this mess of an image have every single cameo, reference and anything related with Porky in Smash, even the sticker from Brawl:
Porky in smash.png

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I know it's too late because the final smash was already decided, but if all SSE bosses returned as playable then Rayquaza could easily be outfitted for Pokemon Trainer's final smash. And Petey Pirahna would be a great choice for a quirky wtf type character.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I want Petey playable, that would be cool. He actually has a basis for crazy size changes. His first game, he was just big. Double Dash he's Smash sized. Brawl boss was just massive.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Rayquaza just can't work.

That Pokemon not only has an elongated body, but also because you can't make a good moveset out of a serpentine Legendary like that.

Top Bottom