• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think Duster could be a Assist Trophy like Jeff because he is not in Lucas's Final Smash with the rest of the Mother 3 party members. If that's so, I believe we are getting a Mother newcomer.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I'm absolutely not against Porky in any Ways and support the Fanbase as most others, but am i the only one who thinks that the Masked Man from Mother 3 would make a much better Villain to represent the Mother Franchise?
I mean he has a Megaman Handgun, a Beamsword, PSI Abilities and an interesting Backstory.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm absolutely not against Porky in any Ways and support the Fanbase as most others, but am i the only one who thinks that the Masked Man from Mother 3 would make a much better Villain to represent the Mother Franchise?
I mean he has a Megaman Handgun, a Beamsword, PSI Abilities and an interesting Backstory.
No, I don't think so.
First because I cannot consider him a villain, he is a good guy being controlled by a bad guy.
Second because Masked man is just antagonistic against Lucas, but have no relationship whatsoever with Ness, meanwhile Porky is the only connection between the two games (Earthbound and Mother 3) and is the rival and villain for both Ness and Lucas.
Third because Masked Man lacks any personality, like Porky says at the end of Mother 3, he is just a puppet, a robot that does everything he wants, he is empty, Porky on the other hand is charismatic, full of memorable phrases and awesome fight themes.
Fourth, because I find more interesting a moveset with a spider robot than a PSI character with a sword.
Five, Because Porky's backstory is, honestly, more interesting, and maybe even be more tragic than any other Mother character, a kid with awful parents that hit him, no friends in the world and a lack of love in general corrupting a child's mind forever, the closest he had as a friend was Ness and look how it ended, and unable to die yet trapped forever in an absolutely safe capsule, at least Giygas could rest in peace.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yes! Finally! After 10,000 years I found this thread (JK it was at the top).
I totally support Porky for Smash! I wish he was i, Earthbound/Mother really needs more reps.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I wanted to ask, is everyone on the same page that Giygas should be Porky's Final Smash?
Yes, that would be the best possible thing, because that way Porky would represent all the main villains of Mother, just like Ness represents his team with abilities of Paula and Poo (and Jeff is already there as an assist trophy) and Lucas represents his team too (with abilities from Kumatora, the snake rope from Duster and now Boney is there too in his final smash).
Porky with the ability to summon Giygas as final Smash would be perfect.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I have one problem in common with how Cthulhu and Giygas are used. To represent him in some way that diminishes the impact of the source feels more unfaithful than with any other type of character.

As soon as you give Giygas a visible health bar or player agency he's cheapened. Which is why I can only see him as a stage or an event if I had to choose.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I have one problem in common with how Cthulhu and Giygas are used. To represent him in some way that diminishes the impact of the source feels more unfaithful than with any other type of character.

As soon as you give Giygas a visible health bar or player agency he's cheapened. Which is why I can only see him as a stage or an event if I had to choose.
Or an assist Trophy like the moon of Majora's Mask.
I can't really see him as a boss, not even in his Mother 1 form.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I agree, I think it would be weird to have Giygas be something you could defeat in a normal battle. I don’t know if he would really make much sense as a boss.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’ve been trying to come up with newcomer taglines for Porky. Here is what I have so far:

•Porky Means Business!
•Porky Pigs Out!
•Porky Goes The Whole Hog!
•Porky Arrives Just In Time!

You guys think of any?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
With becoming a fan of the Mother series in recent years, I would love to see Porky Minch in Smash accompanied by his mech and what Smash needs is more playable villains and the more villains the merrier, he has my support.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if it's not that relevant but I recently restarted Mother 3 after my last save was lost. (I remember some big revelations came about and I had made it to New Pork City.)

How much of the game have I essentially yet to see?

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Porky is probably the character that I simultaneously want the most but at the same time have the least amount of faith in being added.
I just don't see it, as much as I would love to.

Given the focus on villains this time around, it would be so nice to see him added. He really deserves to be there alongside Ness and Lucas.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Forgive me if it's not that relevant but I recently restarted Mother 3 after my last save was lost. (I remember some big revelations came about and I had made it to New Pork City.)

How much of the game have I essentially yet to see?
New Pork City is almost at the end of the game so, a lot.
Porky is probably the character that I simultaneously want the most but at the same time have the least amount of faith in being added.
I just don't see it, as much as I would love to.

Given the focus on villains this time around, it would be so nice to see him added. He really deserves to be there alongside Ness and Lucas.
Well I always say this, if K. Rool and Ridley can teach us something is that popularity is relevant too, so if in this smash he doesn't get in we should try to make him more popular with fanart, videos, etc...

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Yoyoyo my dudes. Remember how we were talking about if an F-Zero rep got in it would bump up Porky's chances?

Well take a heaping spoonful of salt because the French have a new leak for us via the sub.
sadly that gone fake
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-leak-discussion-thread.458649/page-67#post-22474052
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-leak-discussion-thread.458649/post-22474063

the upside? we don't have to worry about Porky possibly being a boss "for now"

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I fully support Porky, but at the same time I kinda want Ninten a little more to round out the three protagonists. If we get any Mother character, I doubt there would be two.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I fully support Porky, but at the same time I kinda want Ninten a little more to round out the three protagonists. If we get any Mother character, I doubt there would be two.
Ninten at this point has more possibilities due to the introduction of echo-fighters, and be sure that we're getting only 1 rep at most, or non at the very least. The "concept" of Heroes vs Villains kinda makes Porky's chances higher, and if we get Black Shadow, we can expect even more Porky, and if not, Ninten of course.

I've got an update on the Porky PSA!
SemiPsycho finally released the files along with a thread, so come show your support if you want to!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79903.new#new
If you want to help the Project as I said, just say it via the thread!
If we end up seeing a lot of interest on the project, we may end up making a Discord server for it!

I'm still working on new recolors, but I'm also making new renders and experimenting with model editing for a possible full business suit alt for Porky, so don't expect me to post too many new recolors these days.

Holy crap I don't even know what to say! That's amazing, those kinds of things never get replies for me.
Second, this is interesting enough where I think a post on the Smash subreddit could get some mainstream eyeballs onto Porky. I can do that part if you prefer.
Now would be a good time to do this, since now we DO have something interesting to share! We may even get some more helpers for the project.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Hey-ho, Porksters! I'm one of the creators of the Brawl mod that was revived recently, as well as a long-time lurker of these SmashBoards.

The project is still VERY incomplete and bound to change significantly. I'm not sure where exactly we'll be going from here, since SemiPsycho and I haven't really had the chance to discuss our current plans for the mod (we've been out of contact for quite some time), but I reckon we could use all the help we can get; so, if any of you would like to help, be it with icons, textures, models, voices, rigs, design, etc... Just say the word! Even suggestions for the mod are welcome -- I'm always happy to hear some different ideas and perspectives, especially from fellow Porky fans.

Like Ninten DS mentioned in the above post, I'm planning on creating a little Porky Discord server for ease of communication, both for his SSBU supporters and for discussion of the mod. In the meantime, however, use SemiPyscho's thread (linked above) for discussion.
I presume it'd also be fine to discuss it here, unless that's breaking any rules?

Zeox

Smash Champion
To be honest, I have no idea how to help, since I don't understand a lot about 3D and all, but there is a Porky model with fingers and different clothes, it works for Source Filmmaker but I don't know it can work or not, here's the link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1501429680
In this comment I posted some images I take from the model (you can also make it close the mouth and smile):
Found a 3D model for Porky in Source Filmmaker and tried to give him a pose:

View attachment 165848View attachment 165849View attachment 165850View attachment 165851View attachment 165852

That's all the different skins the model had and I could use.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey, that's pretty good. I actually recently got interested in SFM by watching LazyPurple's amazing TF2 videos on YouTube.

I should make a short film using these models lol. It would look like playing with little dollies but gotta start somewhere.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I have no idea how to help, since I don't understand a lot about 3D and all, but there is a Porky model with fingers and different clothes, it works for Source Filmmaker but I don't know it can work or not, here's the link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1501429680
In this comment I posted some images I take from the model (you can also make it close the mouth and smile):
Unfortunately, I don't think we'd have much use for the model (our PSA is based upon his "old man" Mother 3 incarnation), but we might be able to borrow it for a "young" alt. costume. Thanks for the suggestion, regardless!

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Just a quick post: from now on I'll try to post as much progress as I can in the imgur album, although almost everything posted is now outdated. If you want to show your support please comment in the Brawl Vault thread!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd like to help with the mod, though I don't know how to code :S

I could probably make icons, which might take some time, but I guess everything does :p

It looks awesome so far; I'd like to try a playable Porky in 3D-modeled Smash Bros. :)

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I'd like to help with the mod, though I don't know how to code :S

I could probably make icons, which might take some time, but I guess everything does :p

It looks awesome so far; I'd like to try a playable Porky in 3D-modeled Smash Bros. :)
For now I'm doing some new renders and stuff, but I guess you could help me do stock icons if possible!
The current build is just a super early build, only has a working jab and dash out of all attacks and has some other basic animations.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Alright, I finished up some icons :)

I made one for each of the alts in the imgur album, along with four extra ones (three EarthBound Porky, one Mecha-Porky).

They all are pretty good! The only issue is that the colors are not that visible in some of them, perhaps it could be better coloring the hair with that color, but you did a nice job with these, I also like the extras!

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I finished up some icons :)

I made one for each of the alts in the imgur album, along with four extra ones (three EarthBound Porky, one Mecha-Porky).

Not half bad! What Ninten DS says is true, though; due to how small the icons are, the palette changes here are a little too subtle to be noticeable in-game. This defeats the purpose somewhat of having unique icons for each palette. I'd recommend changing the color of the hair for each icon, as well as making the clothes' differentiations in color more pronounced. You want something that the player can look at and quickly go "okay, this palette is red" or "this palette is blue", etc., regardless of how accurate it is to the palette on the actual model.

Additionally, these icons will have to be changed entirely to match Porky's final CSS render (all of Brawl's stock icons are based directly off of the characters' renders, in case you didn't know), so I'm afraid we most likely won't end up using your icons for the final build. However, we could implement them as a placeholder, if that's OK with you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom