• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Imagine this happening.

1CC7FA2B-8EDF-4306-A985-B1089764D825.png
Claus or Masked Man appearing has a fighter could be somewhat possible even tho mother 3 hasn’t been realesed in the US he is pretty popular in the series cause of his role and unbelievable abilities

What do u think kinda powers he would use in battle? Or maybe would he be worth adding to the roster if we’re talking about letting porky in there why not Claus.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Imagine this happening.

View attachment 171035Claus or Masked Man appearing has a fighter could be somewhat possible even tho mother 3 hasn’t been realesed in the US he is pretty popular in the series cause of his role and unbelievable abilities

What do u think kinda powers he would use in battle? Or maybe would he be worth adding to the roster if we’re talking about letting porky in there why not Claus.
I’m all for Masked Man in Smash, but you might wanna take this to his own thread.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Imagine this happening.

View attachment 171035Claus or Masked Man appearing has a fighter could be somewhat possible even tho mother 3 hasn’t been realesed in the US he is pretty popular in the series cause of his role and unbelievable abilities

He would be a good MOTHER 3 representative AS long as Porky still gets in regardless. But to have him instead Porky ENTIRELY absolutely ludicrous.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Imagine this happening.

The problem with Masked Man is that he have no real personality, not since he became a chimera, besides he is not the best character to represent the villain side of Mother, not even sure if he counts as a villain at all since he didn't had any choice or free will...

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Imagine this happening.

ONLY if Porky gets in, but it's unlikely we would get so many Mother reps. Masked Man exists due to Porky, it doesn't have a real personality or feelings until the end, which were just awoken at the end of the game. It'd be great if Mother used some non-PSI newcomers, and of course it has to be Porky, being an outstanding newcomer due to the mech (****ing Jr. man) and being a complete monstrosity of a villain due to all he's done through both games, specially Mother 3. Now that we talk about it, PM Remix is a PM mod which released like a week ago or so, and it has Masked Man in it! It's pretty good done so far!

Even if Porky doesn't get in, there's a 1% possibility it could happen, after all he has decent popularity and always had, but I doubt it'll happen at all.

Zeox

Smash Champion
There still hasn't been any Mother music in the Smash Bros web, which is curious.
Everytime they announced a new character in a Nintendo Direct, they added music from their game, so maybe a new Mother character could happen?

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
We should definitely get new mother music for stages or the same music but differences.

Pollyanna for example would be great with lyrics with Catherine Warwick’s voice added to the mix. I heard her mother playlist soundtrack on YouTube and though how come that hasn’t been added to smashs EB tracks even tho it’s not owned by Nintendo it would still make a great track to all stages across the mother series.
Also Eight Melodies would be smoothed in with a Voiced orchestra added in maybe for Onett or something similar to St Paul’s Cathedinal Choir.

Or they could just hire other people to voice theses tracks in their own rights.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
When it comes to Earthbound music in Smash Bros. I feel like it's a bit underwhelming how little tracks are there knowing the incredible library of music the whole Mother series has. We SHOULD be getting a new Earthbound rep, I just feel like Sakurai wants to satisfy all kinda of fan-bases, and if we get Black Shadow, either Ninte or Porky will be in for sure. I'm still losing hope on Porky tho, bumped with a Laxchris video (I'm sorry) and he talked about a post which pointed out all the evidence towards Ninten being in, and actually convinced me. I just hope Porky doesn't become a boss so we can still hope for DLC.
Even so this doesn't kill my hope, and I happen to not believe many of these points towards Porky not being playable.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to Earthbound music in Smash Bros. I feel like it's a bit underwhelming how little tracks are there knowing the incredible library of music the whole Mother series has. We SHOULD be getting a new Earthbound rep, I just feel like Sakurai wants to satisfy all kinda of fan-bases, and if we get Black Shadow, either Ninte or Porky will be in for sure. I'm still losing hope on Porky tho, bumped with a Laxchris video (I'm sorry) and he talked about a post which pointed out all the evidence towards Ninten being in, and actually convinced me. I just hope Porky doesn't become a boss so we can still hope for DLC.
Even so this doesn't kill my hope, and I happen to not believe many of these points towards Porky not being playable.
Porky could definitely be playable in my opinion. Porky could standout more like villager with the same body movement but a little slower and attacks kinda weak but overall would eventually become a useful character until competitive wise he builds a higher standard for players that begin to know his strategy moves and attacks.

I just hope somebody can make a prototype or rom for Porkys model shadowed with villagers move types to show off to Sakurai and hopefully put him on the spot.

I dont think hype would come from that but it’s just an idea.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
There still hasn't been any Mother music in the Smash Bros web, which is curious.
It's very curious. Even if we're not going to be getting a lot of Mother music (which we probably won't, let's remember how this amazing and influential series is treated in the West) there is bound to be at least one remix. Either Pollyanna, or the Eight Melodies, or Master Porky's Theme, or something. The fact that we haven't heard any Mother music keeps my hope alive for a Ninten echo or (hopefully) Porky as a base character.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Have any of you seen the newest roster leak? I won’t go into too much detail in case any of you guys are avoiding potential spoilers

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Have any of you seen the newest roster leak? I won’t go into too much detail in case any of you guys are avoiding potential spoilers
I’m not taking that leak seriously but lemme guess anyway he’s not right?

All I’m saying is we have until December and November has a direct. Besides maybe who knows Porky might be a unlockable character like Ness and Lucas before him.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

All I’m saying is we have until December and November has a direct. Besides maybe who knows Porky might be a unlockable character like Ness and Lucas before him.
I really hope so, I guess we have to wait and see if he shows up as a boss or not, if he doesn’t, I think Porky has a pretty high chance of arriving as DLC.

I’m still quite conflicted over whether or not the leak is real though. Sure there’s a lot of proof but it feels too good to be true

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Besides maybe who knows Porky might be a unlockable character like Ness and Lucas before him.
That wouldn't matter because despite everyone in the game besides the original 12 (or maybe even 8) being an unlockable character Sakurai has said that they'll be revealing everyone before release.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice

If Porky will be a unlockable character it would have been confirmed in a direct already. Besides its not like they could just put him in the game as a surprise that's tricky for developers to get away with nowadays thx to the internet and leaks.
I remember the days back in melee were people always hoped of seeing there fav characters make it in without having to know if they showed up or not. now we just kinda leak everything and hope sakurai comes out and conforms it.
But I guess well have to wait till then.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If Porky doesn't make it in; would you guy's be willing to help the Ninten fan's get an easy echo as well? I talked about it with them; and we agree that the best chance to get their character is to combine efforts with you guy's. I personally find this a win/win situation, but what do you guy's think? Would you be willing to jump onto a Porky Orignal/ Ninten Echo campaign?

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
If Porky doesn't make it in; would you guy's be willing to help the Ninten fan's get an easy echo as well? I talked about it with them; and we agree that the best chance to get their character is to combine efforts with you guy's. I personally find this a win/win situation, but what do you guy's think? Would you be willing to jump onto a Porky Orignal/ Ninten Echo campaign?
I support ANY new Mother rep, so hearing this is just delightful. Of course if we're getting a new Earthbound rep it'll most likely be Ninte or Porky (unless they add Masked Man for some reason idk), so count me in.

Imma be salty as hell if he’s not DLC at the least
If we see Black Shadow and not Porky, I'll feel frustrated, if we get a F-Zero villain it's most logical to have an Earthbound one too considering both Falcon and Ness are in since the 64, which could support the possibility of having his Earthbound version but that doesn't really have to mean anything. I still believe we'll see an Earthbound rep for sure, Mr. Saturn in the mural has got to mean something, and that whole mural leak: god damn ****ing blurry leaks, can't you take 5 ****ing seconds for the camera to zoom in, and also, it's been debunked, I believe?

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys like to start a petition just spitballing here

I think if we all unite to show mutual support for Ninten and Porky and of we could somehow tweet to Sakurai in a RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDERATE matter about this it’ll most likely buff up our chances imo

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Honestly; Porky already feels like he might have been a Dark Horse contender in the Ballot. Gut feeling; since there was not an assist trophy or boss battle discouraging people from not voting for him.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
I think if we all unite to show mutual support for Ninten and Porky and of we could somehow tweet to Sakurai in a RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDERATE matter about this it’ll most likely buff up our chances imo
It’s worth a try I’ll do it as long as Sakurai gets on here and sees it. But what should we call the petition? Get Porky in Ultimate.
Maybe more will join in and hope to get the fans of his character on board to strike arrovments for the menority of him getting in.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
That depends if someone willing to organize the whole thing I would volunteer but I never did anything like this before, Theres also the factor of everyone on both threads agreeing to sign up for their support

HEY WHAT DID I DO TO SENT A WARNING AND WHAT IS DOUBLE POSTING ANYWAY?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Would it be possible to make a thread for both Porky and Ninten? If it is, I'm not sure how many people would actually want to do that...

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
You Ninten guys should unite with us after all aren’t we on the same boat on having more MOTHER characters overall?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
HEY WHAT DID I DO TO SENT A WARNING AND WHAT IS DOUBLE POSTING ANYWAY?
You didn't get sent a warning. You were asked kindly to not double post and just to edit your messages.

Double posting is posting two posts in a row. You should edit your messages instead of replying to the thread again or wait for another user to post first.

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
A Long Time Ago In A World Far Far Away
DD67E297-68CA-4C2F-97F9-B1625068BA44.jpeg
If EB was a movie with porky has the villain it would take a more Star Wars like aporotche with Ness being the PK master boy from the dirty city of onett
Porky being the dark armored ruler of the Giygas empire. And Giygas would be the emporer of the world.
Paula would be the Dansel in distress of the film while Jeff and Poo fly the Skyrunner around the world.
And the Starman Jr crashes in Onett and Ness finds out it was sent by Paula for help and eventually Ness leaves Onett to find her and joins Jeff and Poo along the way facing danger and compilations along the way.
Eventually they find Paula leaving Porky and Ness to face for the first time in years and have a Bat like battle between each other escaping the Death Starmen. And defeat Ness tries to get his once best friend to the good side once more and eventually Porky destroys Giygas after realizing he has friends and reunites Nesses friendship once more.

There’s more detail to this but if EB became a film I think I’d be interested to see Porky a once living friend to a Empire ruler eventually turning to Nesses friendship once more.Or maybe this would be a nice fan made film none the less. Or maybe they Join the family of Smash bros family at the end and leave in peace.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Honestly; Porky already feels like he might have been a Dark Horse contender in the Ballot. Gut feeling; since there was not an assist trophy or boss battle discouraging people from not voting for him.
I’m down to help in any way I can! If it helps Porky’s chances, It’s a definite yes
...oops wrong quote. This was meant for the Porky/Ninten alliance haha, i’m Still learning how to Smashboards

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
So I remembered standard Discord invites aren't eternal, so here's a permanent invite for the Project Porky server! https://discord.gg/jKy4ap7
Please tell me if there's problems with this invite too.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
B1600143-65DA-41A7-AA30-7CBA6C35A050.jpeg

Repping the Porkster yesterday at London Comicon was super fun!

But I am really surprised how many people also wanted Porky over here, I thought I was the only one in the country haha.
Hopefully we have more Porky supporters joining us soon

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
View attachment 172898

But I am really surprised how many people also wanted Porky over here, I thought I was the only one in the country haha.
This actually makes me extremely happy! Just to know that more people acknowledge Porky and genuinely want him in Smash Bros. is just delightful, great job with showing support for our boi!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 172898

This honestly brings a smile to my heart thank you for this. IMO you should be the Pig King

NumberDerp

Smash Rookie
I know I'm late, but I've always wanted Porky to be playable. That or any other Mother Rep, but Porky has been at the top for me. I hope I'm not repeating someone else when I say this, but Smash Bros Ultimate seems to have a lot of villains joining, I wouldn't be surprised if Porky was added. But it's hard to believe with the leaks that have been going around. But yeah, I definitely support Porky.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Question, will you rather:
Have Porky as a Boss, so people have him in their minds for the next Smash... or... not having him at all for a possible second ballot or as DLC character in this Smash (but at the same time risking of not having him at all in any way if he doesn't ends as a DLC character).

Top Bottom