• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Question, will you rather:
Have Porky as a Boss, so people have him in their minds for the next Smash... or... not having him at all for a possible second ballot or as DLC character in this Smash (but at the same time risking of not having him at all in any way if he doesn't ends as a DLC character).
Personally this is hard to decide, he could easily make it in as DLC, but having him as a boss ruins this although this would let many others get to know the beautiful Porky. I'd go with not having him as a boss, since Lucas was wanted for Sm4sh due to the fanbase, and so Porky was also in Brawl so the fanbase should still have him in mind.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Im Praying like Paula right now pls Sakurai I’m begging you THIS IS LEGIT THE ONLY THING I WANT!

Have Porky as a Boss, so people have him in their minds for the next Smash... or... not having him at all for a possible second ballot or as DLC character in this Smash (but at the same time risking of not having him at all in any way if he doesn't ends as a DLC character).
AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER RIGHT NOW HE WAS TOP TEN IN JAPAN, A BOSS IN BRAWL AND THE NEMESIS OF NESS 1 OF THE FIRST 12. PORKY’S TIME IS NOW

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER RIGHT NOW HE WAS TOP TEN IN JAPAN, A BOSS IN BRAWL AND THE NEMESIS OF NESS 1 OF THE FIRST 12. PORKY’S TIME IS NOW
Wait, really? Can you show me this poll? I really want another Earthbound/Mother fighter and I can't believe Porky placed top 10....

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm not too surprised if it's true. With Ridley and K.Rool in; I've seen a lot of Porky fan's make their way out of the woodworks.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Wait, really? Can you show me this poll? I really want another Earthbound/Mother fighter and I can't believe Porky placed top 10....
I would LOVE too bro but I don’t know how to post links on smashboards BTW EVERYONE IM MAKING A PETITION ON CHANGE.ORG TO HOPEFULLY BOOST UP OUR CHANCES

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I’d go with him not appearing as a boss and taking the chance as DLC.
Assuming the Grinch leak is real, most of the DLC candidates are gone so Porky will have much less competition and now that people are more vocal about wanting him in other forums and sites, people will most likely push harder.
Next game, Sakurai said he is streamlining the roster so Porky will have to fight against returning veterans and other characters in this run up and future characters

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I’d go with him not appearing as a boss and taking the chance as DLC.
Assuming the Grinch leak is real, most of the DLC candidates are gone so Porky will have much less competition and now that people are more vocal about wanting him in other forums and sites, people will most likely push harder.
Next game, Sakurai said he is streamlining the roster so Porky will have to fight against returning veterans and other characters in this run up and future characters
What’s streamlining mean friend?

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
What’s streamlining mean friend?
Making it much smaller than it is now
EDIT:only a few more minutes to go before the direct! I’m still holding onto some hope, but if today is the day Porky is revealed to be a boss, it’s been an honour speculating with you, fellow Pigmasks.
See you on the other side

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, no Porky but... interesting, they kinda made Petey Piranha playable, and with this, only Porky and Rayquaza are not playable.
Not only that, but this time there is no ballot, there will be 5 more characters to be add and it can literally be anything... even Porky + Mother 3 localization announcement.
So, don't lose your hope... in fact get hope, if a freaking piranha plant got into smash, anything can happen.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Well, no Porky but... interesting, they kinda made Petey Piranha playable, and with this, only Porky and Rayquaza are not playable.
Not only that, but this time there is no ballot, there will be 5 more characters to be add and it can literally be anything... even Porky + Mother 3 localization announcement.
So, don't lose your hope... in fact get hope, if a freaking piranha plant got into smash, anything can happen.
I don't know how the **** did a Piranha Plant get in, but bosses for the new adventure mode are confirmed, we saw that one purple giant boi with armor, I don't remember his name tho. Even so the game characters are the one turned into spirits to it's impossible to have Porky or any other as bosses, they must have gotten turned into spirits too, we even got Petey Piranha as Piranha Plant's FS, which is odd considering Petey was the best choice but idk what they were smoking either. He said they have 5 DLC planned that will most likely take 1 year, maybe we could expect 2 years ending up with 10 DLC packs? Seems a bit too much, but we still have hope on Porky my dudes!

Zeox

Smash Champion
fools.png

This is the current situation with Bosses, 2 playable, 1 not, 3 unknow.
Right now, the only nonplayable boss is one that was an OC, and I don't see that crazy for Porky to make it, think about it.
Porky (Character) + Saturn Valley (Stage) + Any new Mother remixes.
It could even happen in another direct with also the announcement of a Mother 3 localization.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
View attachment 174540

Right now, the only nonplayable boss is one that was an OC, and I don't see that crazy for Porky to make it, think about it.
It could even happen in another direct with also the announcement of a Mother 3 localization.
It was kinda sad to see Duster as a spirit tho, I really wanted him as an AT and would have been an obvious choice. Even so having Petey Piranha as Piranha Plant's FS could also lead to Porky being a possible Masked Man's FS, but of course that isn't what I want to happen.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I feel like we could get in as one of the DLC packs:

Character: Porky
Stage:Cave of the future
Song: Master Porky’s theme

The dream isn’t dead just yet, friends!
But seeing all those characters deconfirned as spirits had me super worried

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Gonna be honest, I'm happy Shadow was deconfirmed, most of his supporters were so god damn confident, but of course, not all of them. It's surprising to also see Skull Kid and Geno deconfirmed, Geno is the one that surprises me considering Sakurai's thoughts on him and all the demand he got.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Porkys dlc then cause I don’t recall seeing him as a boss, assist trophy or “spirit” if so that’s so awesome

So I’m going to assume that pihrana plant is Petey when he was a kid. So that makes 2 of the 3 Nintendo original bosses from Subspace as playable characters well gee...I wonder who’s next lol.

And if that’s the case I’m kinda of happy Porkys DLC that means they could concept his move set better imo

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Porkys dlc then cause I don’t recall seeing him as a boss, assist trophy or “spirit” if so that’s so awesome
We don’t know 100% if he’s not a boss as they only showed two of the bosses in the story mode (Galleom and Rathalos). But i’m Not giving in until I actually see him there in boss form.
Fingers crossed

Zeox

Smash Champion
We don’t know 100% if he’s not a boss as they only showed two of the bosses in the story mode (Galleom and Rathalos). But i’m Not giving in until I actually see him there in boss form.
Fingers crossed
Not even if you see him as a boss would mean a deconfirmation.
Petey Piranha is the final Smash of Piranha Plant and he is probably a boss too, Rathalos is an assist trophy but he is also a boss.
I wouldn't say being a boss would mean he cannot be playable.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 174540

that Pokémon was in the stage in smash 4 you might to include that great post regardless

Oops ignore this post

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I think we might get a Porky Mii Costume tbh. I'd like that a lot. Mii Costumes are huge; and way more indicative of popularity than assist trophies are.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So some of you already saw the return of Galleon in World of Life. So there is a possibility that Porky will return as a boss.
As always, hope for the best but expect the worst.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Piranha Plant is kind of like including Petey, but I have another point to make besides the Brawl bosses. Piranha Plant has a unique shape and is capable of very distinct movements, making him an interesting addition and obviously a fascination with Sakurai (probably had a blast making him). I believe every other fighter has the basic shape of arms/legs/body. Porky in his little spider mech also presents this same oppurtunity; he would be unlike any other fighter in the game and capable of movements/abilities that nobody else is. Combine this with Sakurai's fondness of the Mother series and the demand for villains.

I think Porky is more possible than people give him credit for. He could be one of those innovative "Sakurai picks".

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
For right now; until Assists have more signs of being promoted, I'm going all in on Porky and leaving Skull Kid on the back burner

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
So I've got something to ask about the Project Porky, we aren't sure if Porky's default color should be the one based on his Mother 3 sprite or his Brawl Boss color, what do you all think? Tell me about it, we want to know everyone's opinion on it.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I like the mother 3 a little more btw I think the Porky means business is supposed to be wearing pants not shorts. But Still great progress ya’ve done a lot more then I ever could

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I like the mother 3 a little more btw I think the Porky means business is supposed to be wearing pants not shorts. But Still great progress ya’ve a lot more then I ever could
He's actually wearing pants, maybe it's because he doesn't have shoes that it isn't noticeable but he actually does have pants.
00000000-76.png

Also, now it's been decided, mainly due to the Twitter Pool which got 12 votes... so the Mother 3 one will be his default. This will probably affect part of his costumes, but the mech's color will be changed.

Top Bottom