• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
He's actually wearing pants, maybe it's because he doesn't have shoes that it isn't noticeable but he actually does have pants.View attachment 176209
Also, now it's been decided, mainly due to the Twitter Pool which got 12 votes... so the Mother 3 one will be his default. This will probably affect part of his costumes, but the mech's color will be changed.
Quick question could you remove the mustache? I never liked it for some reason always found it unnecessary

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Quick question could you remove the mustache? I never liked it for some reason always found it unnecessary
For his "business" skin would make sense to remove it, for the default Mother 3 I think it should stay.
I don't have any problems with the mustache so if is hard to edit the textures or it would take too much time then the mustache can stay (at least for me)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
These tweets have been making quite a buzz in the speculation scene:

So, who are the lucky contestants? We'll just have to wait and see...

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I'd like to stay in touch to the original, so I'm answering no, but even so PseudoPsycho is remaking the textures, using Lucas' textures I think, so could be done too!

For his "business" skin would make sense to remove it, for the default Mother 3 I think it should stay.
I don't have any problems with the mustache so if is hard to edit the textures or it would take too much time then the mustache can stay (at least for me)
This is due to two reasons:
-Seeing young Porky in Mother 3's mech isn't canon and wouldn't make much sense.
-The last cloth Porky was wearing before travelling through time was his business suit, in the Giygas fight of course, so why the **** is he wearing his overalls.

Even so PigMaskColonel really wants to do a young Porky alt for those fans of the original design, so probably it'll be done too.

Zeox

Smash Champion

Depends on what it really means, we don't know what group of people from Nintendo chose or how they choose, for example if Reggie had a vote he probably would have voted for a Mother character, he is a fan of the series (Even in the last Smash ultimate stream, Reggie had a Jeff profile pic), and at the same time if Nintendo have any intention of finally localizing Mother 3, they could use Smash to hype the game even more and sell better.
But, if there are no plans for Mother 3, I see it pretty hard to happen.
Who knows, who knows... maybe the 5 DLC characters are all Fire Emblem swordsmen with blue hair.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

Fingers crossed boys. Fingers crossed.
I’m not giving up hope just yet

Zeox

Smash Champion
Something I like a lot about Porky is how he can say childish things, like calling you a pig's butt or his famous "Spankety spankety spankety" quote, but then he also can say extremely dark stuff like these things:
68-156.png
porkkk.jpg
That mix between "that annoying neighbor" and "evil emperor" is simply beautiful.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo is the one deciding this time I have even MORE confidence that Porky got in they’re going to stick to their IPs no third parties

Last edited:

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Something I like a lot about Porky is how he can say childish things, like calling you a pig's butt or his famous "Spankety spankety spankety" quote, but then he also can say extremely dark stuff like these things:
That mix between "that annoying neighbor" and "evil emperor" is simply beautiful.
THIS is why I love Porky as a character, this is the essence of Porky. A child who got an enormous power to his disposal that acts like the child he is yet his mind is full of darkness.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Just a quick post: what do you all think of the new Porky? Various things have been fixed, exclusively texture-wise. The entire mech, Porky's only unchanged features are his legs and face, but the rest is changed along with a completely new and done from scratch pants by PseudoPsycho! His shirt is taken from Lucas I believe, but I'm not sure and now he has only one strap like in Mother 3! What do you all think of it, and the new pose?

The Brawl Porky is planned to be an alt, I'll probably do it before any other recolor.
One note: the imgur album has finally been updated and includes a few more screenshots, we put him over Dedede but he's going back to Lucas lmao, Lucas makes it all easier.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Just a quick post: what do you all think of the new Porky? Various things have been fixed, exclusively texture-wise. The entire mech, Porky's only unchanged features are his legs and face, but the rest is changed along with a completely new and done from scratch pants by PseudoPsycho! His shirt is taken from Lucas I believe, but I'm not sure and now he has only one strap like in Mother 3! What do you all think of it, and the new pose?

The Brawl Porky is planned to be an alt, I'll probably do it before any other recolor.
One note: the imgur album has finally been updated and includes a few more screenshots, we put him over Dedede but he's going back to Lucas lmao, Lucas makes it all easier.
seeing it face to face with the old one I must say this is a BIG improvement, I like it a lot, you two made it look great, nice job!

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
seeing it face to face with the old one I must say this is a BIG improvement, I like it a lot, you two made it look great, nice job!
Thanks man! PseudoPsycho already started coding, and already he did modifications to PK-fire so that we can later put Mecha-Porkies over it!
I also did some modifications to the textures already to make the pants a lot more detailed, here's how it looks:
ScreenCapture20.png

I'll probably change the pants' colors and the suspenders for sure, they look way too gray-ish.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

That’s awesome! I love it so much!
Keep up the amazing work my friend.
Oh I heard Porky is among the top 50 picks for DLC among Reddit’s userbase

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman

It’s so beautiful it’s like he’s was always intended to be a fighter but they never got around to doing it. Btw my sources told the chubster is already in the fighters pass.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
It’s so beautiful it’s like he’s was always intended to be a fighter but they never got around to doing it. Btw my sources told the chubster is already in the fighters pass.
I'm Reggie's dad I can confirm this

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

I showed two different people your new Porky model and told them it’s a Smash Ultimate leak, they both believed me aha :p

It’s safe to say you’re really good at what you do :)
Keep up the amazing work

Zeox

Smash Champion
Recently there has been a video of smash ultimate of classic mode, if someone doesn't want to watch it I put it in spoiler
So, Giga Bowser is the final boss for Mario, which makes me think other characters will have their own final bosses, so probably Porky will return as a boss for both Ness and Lucas (And Rayquaza for the pokemon reps).
But this doesn't means he cannot be playable, Giga Bowser is both final smash and boss, and probably is the same for Petey Piranha, Porky could have his earthbound robot and when he uses his final smash he rides his smash brawl giant robot.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I showed two different people your new Porky model and told them it’s a Smash Ultimate leak, they both believed me aha :p

It’s safe to say you’re really good at what you do :)
Keep up the amazing work
Ah damn man, you got it wrong, SemiPsycho/PseudoPsycho is actually the one who did the model, I know very little about modeling and he sure went through some hard times with the model and rigging of it, I simply did the textures: saturation, details taken from Brawl, different color scheme... So I shouldn't be the one getting credit for the model, it should be SemiPsycho's.

Recently there has been a video of smash ultimate of classic mode, if someone doesn't want to watch it I put it in spoiler
So, Giga Bowser is the final boss for Mario, which makes me think other characters will have their own final bosses, so probably Porky will return as a boss for both Ness and Lucas (And Rayquaza for the pokemon reps).
But this doesn't means he cannot be playable, Giga Bowser is both final smash and boss, and probably is the same for Petey Piranha, Porky could have his earthbound robot and when he uses his final smash he rides his smash brawl giant robot.
It's actually a clever idea to have Giga Bowser as Mario's final boss! This could very well apply to my thoughts where Porky would get the King Statue as his final smash, and he would very well be transferred to Lucas and Ness' final boss for Classic Mode.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Time of pointless speculation!
Melee had 2 Mother stages (Onett and Fourside) and new remix songs
Brawl had a new mother stage (New Pork City) and also new remix songs
Sm4sh had also a new mother stage (Magicant) and also new remix songs.
But, here's the weird thing, Ultimate have no new stage and no new remix songs... which is weird, I can understand that a stage would take more time, but no new Mother music?
Then you think about what Sakurai said, one character + stage + music, and it kinda fits... the stage and music that is missing is only missing because they are making a character for that DLC.
So, if they are working on a new Earthbound character, let's see what characters hasn't been show as spirits and could make it, and why they also could NOT make it (I know spirits doesn't deconfirm anything but let's pretend it does because talking about every single earthbound character would be too much work).
Let's start with Ninten:
+ He hasn't been show as a spirit (which is pretty good), he could work and people has been asking for him and we finally would have the three good bois in smash all together, he could come with any stage from mother 1.
- Sakurai said that the DLC characters would be new characters, Ninten would share some movements with Ness and Lucas (like a bat attack), which makes him kinda echo, so unless Nintendo found a way to make him 100% original I don't think he will make it (but Nintendo can surprise us!).
Masked Man:
+ As long as I know, he also hasn't been show as a spirit, his moveset is more easy to make original than Ninten.
- Samus lost her alt of dark samus and then dark samus got into smash, meanwhile Lucas still have his Masked Man skin, could be a hint that Masked man may not make it... also, not sure what stage could represent him.
Porky:
+ We know why he could make it, we talked about it over and over, he is a great main villain, could come with a creepy stage like Devil's machine or something similar and with his boss theme from earthbound.
- It is very probable that he is gonna be a boss, this doesn't disconfirm him but this could be the reason why he is not gonna be playable... but also being a boss will make him more easy to make as DLC, since they would already have the models and a final smash.

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Time of pointless speculation!
Melee had 2 Mother stages (Onett and Fourside) and new remix songs
Brawl had a new mother stage (New Pork City) and also new remix songs
Sm4sh had also a new mother stage (Magicant) and also new remix songs.
But, here's the weird thing, Ultimate have no new stage and no new remix songs... which is weird, I can understand that a stage would take more time, but no new Mother music?
Then you think about what Sakurai said, one character + stage + music, and it kinda fits... the stage and music that is missing is only missing because they are making a character for that DLC.
So, if they are working on a new Earthbound character, let's see what characters hasn't been show as spirits and could make it, and why they also could NOT make it (I know spirits doesn't deconfirm anything but let's pretend it does because talking about every single earthbound character would be too much work).
Let's start with Ninten:
+ He hasn't been show as a spirit (which is pretty good), he could work and people has been asking for him and we finally would have the three good bois in smash all together, he could come with any stage from mother 1.
- Sakurai said that the DLC characters would be new characters, Ninten would share some movements with Ness and Lucas (like a bat attack), which makes him kinda echo, so unless Nintendo found a way to make him 100% original I don't think he will make it (but Nintendo can surprise us!).
Masked Man:
+ As long as I know, he also hasn't been show as a spirit, his moveset is more easy to make original than Ninten.
- Samus lost her alt of dark samus and then dark samus got into smash, meanwhile Lucas still have his Masked Man skin, could be a hint that Masked man may not make it... also, not sure what stage could represent him.
Porky:
+ We know why he could make it, we talked about it over and over, he is a great main villain, could come with a creepy stage like Devil's machine or something similar and with his boss theme from earthbound.
- It is very probable that he is gonna be a boss, this doesn't disconfirm him but this could be the reason why he is not gonna be playable... but also being a boss will make him more easy to make as DLC, since they would already have the models and a final smash.
This is actually surprisingly convincing! My only hopes for an Earthbound rep are Ninten and Porky, Masked Man is also somewhat requested, but he isn't as important as these characters, Masked Man was Porky's creation and Masked Man was kind of Lucas' story plot, apart from the game's of course which is Porky. I'm still doubtful about either Ninten or Porky, both characters have various reasons to get in, and various to not be added at all, I wouldn't be able to say who could get in first.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Ah damn man, you got it wrong, SemiPsycho/PseudoPsycho is actually the one who did the model, I know very little about modeling and he sure went through some hard times with the model and rigging of it, I simply did the textures: saturation, details taken from Brawl, different color scheme... So I shouldn't be the one getting credit for the model, it should be SemiPsycho's.

Oh oops
But in any case, great work SemiPsycho’s! Now we just need Nintendo to take a hint haha

Zeox

Smash Champion
It seems the soundtrack for Smash Ultimate has been leaked and... it seems no new Earthbound remixes... which is actually good for us, because that means the chances for a Mother character + Stage + Music is higher.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It seems the soundtrack for Smash Ultimate has been leaked and... it seems no new Earthbound remixes... which is actually good for us, because that means the chances for a Mother character + Stage + Music is higher.
Yes; but is Porky a boss? That's what I currently want to know...

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
Still unknow... the only news about bosses is that Marx from Kirby may be a new boss... maybe.
This will most likely turn out giving us Porky as a boss... if we really think about it, what if the Mother 3 Porky was the boss while the Earthbound one turned out to be the playable one? Even so we may end up getting other boss such as Giygas, or maybe his Giegue form, maybe it could even be Masked Man in some way?

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I kinda have a little bit of egg on my face turns out Porky’s top TEN not five. Btw listen guys Sakurai hates mother 1 giegue will not be playable, also the Masked Man was not even a villain he was a walking corpse.

Also I’m kinda of hoping it’s heavily armored porky he’s imo way more sadistic than his future self as he was willing to send the ENTIRE UNIVERSE into the everlasting horror of infinite darkness all because Ness didn’t want to his friend anymore.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet

There have been two Earthbound remixes found for Magicant and Fourside.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Asm
Still unknow... the only news about bosses is that Marx from Kirby may be a new boss... maybe.
As of right now, we have a new remix of Fourside and a new remix of Magicant.
And according to the datamines, Porky does not appear as a boss.

So this leads me to believe we have two possible outcomes:
•Porky is really likely for DLC
•Porky gets nothing

I’m pretty hopeful since him apparently not being a boss and no new Porky related music is actually a pretty good sign

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am all on board with Porky, guys.
I love the Mother series and next to Ness and Lucas, I feel like he's the one missing out, since Ninten probably would not play very differently from our OG Psychic boys.

So yeah, no Spirit and Boss seems very suspicious.

Kinda thinking about what stage and music choices would accompany him?

Maybe Saturn Valley?

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I am all on board with Porky, guys.
I love the Mother series and next to Ness and Lucas, I feel like he's the one missing out, since Ninten probably would not play very differently from our OG Psychic boys.

So yeah, no Spirit and Boss seems very suspicious.

Kinda thinking about what stage and music choices would accompany him?

Maybe Saturn Valley?
I prefer Cave of the Past

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I kinda want Tazmilly village to be a stage so Lucas can have a "home" stage and let Porky have New Pork City.

Music needs to be a remix of this.

oh my, you're right! I thought that Porky already had his themesong in, but i COMPLETELY forgot about this one!

oh yeah, this one definitely needs to be in! Along these, maybe?

Mr Batty Twist

Alternatively Porky's Pokies (which is a Mr Batty remix already)

Natural Killer Cyborg

Magypsy Party (Just imagine the sweet sax on Magicant

And one I always really liked,

Battle against a Machine

D

Deleted member

It seems that the absolutely safe capsule has been found as a spirit, but not Porky himself. King K Rool has a spirit that is a different form of himself, and he is a playable character....

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
I kinda have a little bit of egg on my face turns out Porky’s top TEN not five. Btw listen guys Sakurai hates mother 1 giegue will not be playable, also the Masked Man was not even a villain he was a walking corpse.

Also I’m kinda of hoping it’s heavily armored porky he’s imo way more sadistic than his future self as he was willing to send the ENTIRE UNIVERSE into the everlasting horror of infinite darkness all because Ness didn’t want to his friend anymore.
I still think Mother 3 Porky is just a little bit better, it shows what Porky has come to be, an old man with a 13 year old's mentality that built his entire empire by brainwashing and wanted to destroy the world just because he was bored. Both Porkies are great, but I think his old man form represents him better, plus being the most recent and being easy to recognize for Brawl players. I'd still have the Heavily Armored Porky tho.

About his stage I've been led to LOVE the idea of the Devil's Machine, it would work well to represent both Porky from Mother 3, if this one got to be playable, and his Earthbound version. Porky has SO MUCH MUSIC that could accompany him, it's a shame there's a very limited amount of EB music in Smash, it's kind of underwhelming, although they did pull out some god damn great remixes.
Also use Porky to advertise M3's localization please.

Last edited:
Top Bottom