• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Life drawing is a class where you just draw the human figure, usually in different poses/gestures/etc. It's the class with nude models.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you should. pretty much essential class for aspiring artists. even draftsmen who don't even want to concern themselves with drawing the figure should do so IMO. it's just extremely useful for training your eye to see what's important and what isn't, and so unforgiving for drawing accurately since even a child can recognize a bad drawing of a person.

neous

Smash Journeyman
geist, has she grown on you? the beats are good right?

lokii, i thought u wanted graff pointers lol.

if anyone cares: its like anything, practice a bit, and you develop a vocabulary of what looks ugly stylistically [to avoid], and what works for you.
everyone sucks when they start. there are a few rare examples though. i wouldnt be surprised if geist would be amazing at it.

*edit: that sloth is cute.
*chok, you dog.
*wow, now im excited at the prospect of seeing you all try to draw letters.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha alright gustave

i think even then

fun class to take in general

(i'm on my fourth time lol)

today was the first time ever that i got an old lady model. that was quite interesting

Geist

Smash Master
Sounds like a truly talentless teacher Alyssa. Good teachers keep their biases to themselves, and will always have something constructive to say. I'd switch to another teacher if possible. Teachers like that are a waste of money and time.

geist, has she grown on you? the beats are good right?
s'good
I already had some of her stuff.
Tokimonsta's a cute name though

if anyone cares: its like anything, practice a bit, and you develop a vocabulary of what looks ugly stylistically [to avoid], and what works for you.
everyone sucks when they start. there are a few rare examples though. i wouldnt be surprised if geist would be amazing at it.
Naturally

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I know...but honestly, she is a surprisingly good teacher when it comes to teaching good techniques. And she really pushes you to improve a LOT. I'm planning on ignoring her BS and just listening to the actual lessons. Unless they hire someone new/better in the meantime.

I HAD FUN.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Does anyone here know how to clean up a bad scan here?
Im sorta sick of drawing something, making sure the shading is clean, and having the following happen to it T_T

neous

Smash Journeyman
lokii i liked your **** before but... now **** i love. ****. your pixelly **** makes my **** look like ****. ****.

charmander try tweaking your scanner settings like dpi and brightness

edit: + contrast etc

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol ily Neous.
Your pixelly stuff is gorgeous and your silhouette-y style is awwwwesomeeeee and you rock.

Yes.

Geist

Smash Master
My Storyboarding teacher thought I was in Animation.
It's funny because my level design teacher thought I was in Game Art and Design.

neous

Smash Journeyman
its bc u rank top 30 in canada, ur mindgames r too sneaky.

cat_puts_on_glasses.gif ? lol

watching 'work of art' right now. i... either dont understand art or these people, judges included r azzz. recording ur face while spinning around is the best piece? reALLY? WACK AS ****.

lokii, you're too kind, ilu2

gonna need psych to cleanse my palate

neous

Smash Journeyman
im sure you can globie, that spearow was so good. go on skype for once, we can draw.

and yeah, lokii's character, the fire, everything, its so 2d fighter, so good. such style...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can I request a drawing from someone (anyone really). it doesn't need to be a sig or avatar, just a drawing.

the request threads are back logged

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, the Art Shoppe is kind of... dead :\ You could try asking in ODIN's store but I think it's mostly sigs.

We got a bunch of talented people in here though, I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Whatcha need Ripple? I might be able to help :o

...and I really wanna animate Saya...but I'd have to draw out frames XD
...It'll happen eventually.

neous

Smash Journeyman
gah im already salivating at the prospect.
when i do attack anims, the inky blot style comes in handy in framing it really quick. hmmm i never put together vegetas frames, maybe ill do that now.

oh and lokii, your character looks like shed have moves like psylocke http://youtu.be/akmvKuOeOqE

.... thats probably another reason why i like it / her

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
should I just make a new thread in the sub-forum?

I want a drawing of an evil eye'd DK doing his up-smash but in his hands are a bloodied/beaten Popo and nana with them holding their hands out as if they are about to collide.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Actually, she is supposed to have 2 guns (or one mega super gun)...or just firearms of any sort
(ijustgotlazy<3 and would rather see her fight without guns honestly)

Though I probably will stare at Psylocke now and use her as inspiration because MvC2 looks sexy.

I might actually be able to do that rofll
Digital or traditional?

Geist

Smash Master
should I just make a new thread in the sub-forum?

I want a drawing of an evil eye'd DK doing his up-smash but in his hands are a bloodied/beaten Popo and nana with them holding their hands out as if they are about to collide.
After seeing Aly's captain falcon, I think she'd be best tailored to that lmaoo
I'd do it, but I'm really busy. Maybe she'll be in a luckier position I dunno.

neous

Smash Journeyman
psylocke is hotness.

less cancerous

i hope aly isnt to busy, and you too geist, i am going to beg that you all contribute later.

*geist beat me to it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I better not let my epileptic friend ever see this page

I already drive her to near seizures whenever i trip or make loud noises

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I'm planning on going to a National Portfolio Day in december. Has anyone here been to one? What would you suggest bringing/doing there?

Neous if I finish my homework on time we shall skaip :D

Geist

Smash Master
Never been, but I just suggest you bring your work in a nice fancy display folder with good quality prints, etc. Maybe even get little business cards and stuff, get names, etc.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha this was kinda fun

my girlfriend just recently became a Catholic sunday school teacher for little toddlers, she asked me to make a coloring page for them

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, I want to bring some originals and sketches and prints of my digital work. My traditional stuff from the last 2 years has been kinda lacking though... should probably work on that. x.x

Top Bottom