• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dance walking hm?

sounds like a cool way to make the day fun

and yeah inks/colors are coming. also gotta lift the arms to a T pose

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Bren, Aly...can I use that picture for my cover page if I do my English paper on the MK ban? Please?? xD

Also...I ACTUALLY HAS ART!

First was a for fun doodle. SAI has an opacity sensing binary brush. ITS MAGIC
Second was an art trade. I got a bead art Metroid. His name is Maxwell the 2nd, Guardian of the Sacred Flames (because he lives on the fire alarm above my bed)

Friend is lending me his tablet cord ; w;

Geist

Smash Master

theres a story to it.
...and the story is

Bren, Aly...can I use that picture for my cover page if I do my English paper on the MK ban? Please?? xD

Also...I ACTUALLY HAS ART!

First was a for fun doodle. SAI has an opacity sensing binary brush. ITS MAGIC
Second was an art trade. I got a bead art Metroid. His name is Maxwell the 2nd, Guardian of the Sacred Flames (because he lives on the fire alarm above my bed)

Friend is lending me his tablet cord ; w;
You're getting so much better omg lol
Did you use gestures at all for those? If you did, it really shows, if not, you're getting better at making the figures look consistently dynamic.
And yeah you can use that pic, no problem xD
EDIT: Use the one on my DA though, it's better resolution

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/288/f/1/banned_by_uninfinitum-d4cvacr.jpg
I LOVE PIXELS

couldnt sleep so,
vids for dark

http://youtu.be/Jn_wwG4sHvc
both vids taken at the time of the footage from last time
http://youtu.be/IW-1_-iJt5s
for the second vid, i know, gimme a break it was realy hot and, its good to be comfortable wif ur body right

Nice moooves :]

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Gesture for the trade, just straight drawing without guidelines on the pixely one

ROFL. THANK YOU. SO MUCH. ; w;

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
-waves- Hi Krys!

Very nice! I like the pose.
It takes a lot of practice to get lines right xP Inking has always been my least favorite part. So time consuming
You'll get better, though. Practice makes perfect!
Are you using mouse or tablet? :o

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I used the tablet for inking, but the mouse for coloring/shading, since I lost my pen mid-process LMAO

Thank you Lokii. I'll continue practicing. I also used SAI. I'm not sure if it's the best to use but it's pretty easy it seems... I might need to find some tutorials on how to make crisp lines and great shading like Morenatsu characters have:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol awww XD
SAI is really really nice for inking, since the tools are vector based instead of raster based. Crisper, nicer lines <3 Probably better for your style than photoshop, in my opinion.

Geist

Smash Master
Clean lines that that are more easily achievable if you start off on a larger canvas, but for SAI's case, since it's vector based, it becomes irrelevant.
Not to familiar with SAI, but if there's a tool similar to PS's pen tool, you might want to get used to using that to trace over your lines.

neous

Smash Journeyman
your drawing reminds me of the wolf from darkstalkers, or [were] garurumon. :D

studyin on my laptop i hardly use
found this on my hd, among other pics

edit: RARE, WILD MENO SPOTTED

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I told myself I wouldn't go to sleep this late again haaaaaaa
lmao@ how many spelling mistakes I made in my last post. Man I was wiped >_>

Hi Meno lol
AYYY I'm so bad then~...

I used the airbrush tool from a tutorial X_X I must become better...

Thanks for the tips.
Nah, you don't suck.
Airbrush tool does though

But whatever floats peoples' art boats. There's a million ways to do things.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

Work in Progress... Guh, I wish I was better with SAI and Photoshop so I can make smoother lines.
It looks like you're stuck on shadows, somewhere between trying to make it all smooth or making very clear shadows like you see in the animes, or the furry picture that was posted after your post. I think it would do your drawing a lot better if you picked either a gradient shading or a very clear shading, like you have on the blue shirt.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've decided to work on my "Flagship series"

I started the story when I was 6 years old. It's kind of silly, but over the years it's grown quite deep for what it started as.

It's going to have a fairy tale-esque feeling to it. It's actually almost surreal feeling to it.

The main characters are a little boy, a giant armadillo, and a robot. I have a lot of characters, but I decided to only go for a few with the "Main Canon". There is going to be a fourth character, because the balance of the cast doesn't feel right to me.

Edit: It's the series I wanted to experiment with no dialogue with

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Show us already lol. I want to see whatever you have worked on so we can offer feedback (besides that I just enjoy reading other people's writing/stories). Maybe some character art or something, even. It sounds like you've been working on it for a really long time (I assume? I guess I don't actually know how old you are...).

Krystedez, do you have access to Illustrator? Sounds like the best program for what you want with clean lines/hard-edged shadows you're going for. Smoother lines will come naturally the more you draw though (and use your tablet) and become confident in your marks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can upload some old pictures, but I'm still trying to find a style for this story that I like.

I've gone through many designs from anime-ish to basic shapes.

I don't like settling on stuff. I don't like establishing "Canon" because I change my mind later

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Krys, i'd recommend using the pen tool or the brush tool. Pen tool is great for hard lines, and brush tool is also great for lines

Geist

Smash Master
Inking is easy, you just gotta tell yourself "This is easy and I should be able to do this"
and then you do it.
At least that's how I do things.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Alley, please draw us more Falcons. Preferably one Falcon per day for an entire year.

mmm

i'm not really sure how to use the pen tool to draw/ink stuff D: i need it too.
Yeah, pen tool is really... weird when you first start using it, at least for me it was because I didn't understand Bezier curves lol. Inking in illustrator is nice because you can use the Direct Selection tool to make really fine corrections to your lines if you want. Plus it's vector based so everything can be scaled infinitely :awesome: I assume it's kind of the same in SAI though.

@ Gus: Inking is like using strict black and white lines and shapes over a piece of art, using an actual pen/Illustrator/etc. It can be just for outlines, or for basic highlights (usually white/color of the canvas) and shadows (inked in black) for a comic book look. At least, that's always been my take on it.

Geist

Smash Master
The pen tool allows you to put down a series of points that attach themselves with a line. You can tweak the tension of these points to change the curve of said line from point to point, so you can trace over linework. Since it's vector based, you can upscale pen lines without information loss.

To actually use it, go to the pen tool, and trace your object out with as few points as you think you'll need (I mostly place one around the tops of curves - it's hard to explain, but once you try it it'll be more obvious what you need to do). If you add too many points it takes forever to trace and ends up looking like crap.
After you finish making the line or curve you want, go to the pen tool on the sidebar and drop down the variation bar with that little tab, and select the bottom 'convert point tool'
Then click on the points individually and stretch out the handles. These handles influence both sides of the curve on either side of the point. Stretch them until they trace over the line you want.
When you're done, right click and select stroke path, and it'll emulate your brush along that curve.
You can also save pen tool paths you made, which is obviously very handy.
There's more stuff that goes way in depth, but those are the basics. It's actually really easy.

I don't understand these terms. What is inking?
Think of inking in comic books. You have the pencil linework, then you ink the lines in with, well, ink. Color is an option too.
This can more or less be done in PS and stuff with vectors and the pen tool and stuff. It gives really clean lines.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
And SAI has 2 pen tools: Literal "DRAW STUFF" pen tool (which is vector based) and then the vector layer pen set. Which is for vectors

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll have the robot character up by the end of the day.

I had to study the skeleton of a gorilla to make him closer to my idea

Edit: LOL, I'm having trouble drawing the pelvic area

Edit Edit: Took me an hour 15 minutes to do that 1 part

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krystedez, do you have access to Illustrator? Sounds like the best program for what you want with clean lines/hard-edged shadows you're going for. Smoother lines will come naturally the more you draw though (and use your tablet) and become confident in your marks.
I have illustrator. See, with the freehand pen tools in both photoshop and illustrator, they both auto-correct my lines, hence little things like eyes and fingers are hard to just swoop with. Plus I hate having little thin lines that I can't see unless I rightclick->fillpath or whatever... AND it still looks soft/pixely instead of sharp/clean.

Inking is easy, you just gotta tell yourself "This is easy and I should be able to do this"
and then you do it.
At least that's how I do things.
I hope to be this confident.

Yeah, pen tool is really... weird when you first start using it, at least for me it was because I didn't understand Bezier curves lol. Inking in illustrator is nice because you can use the Direct Selection tool to make really fine corrections to your lines if you want. Plus it's vector based so everything can be scaled infinitely :awesome: I assume it's kind of the same in SAI though.

@ Gus: Inking is like using strict black and white lines and shapes over a piece of art, using an actual pen/Illustrator/etc. It can be just for outlines, or for basic highlights (usually white/color of the canvas) and shadows (inked in black) for a comic book look. At least, that's always been my take on it.
I would hope SAI has similar traits, I dunno, this was my first time using SAI ever. I didn't know it existed, but it feels more natural and is even easier to start up than both illustrator and PS. Still, I can use all three.

And SAI has 2 pen tools: Literal "DRAW STUFF" pen tool (which is vector based) and then the vector layer pen set. Which is for vectors
I'm in on that literal DRAW STUFF pen. :3 I'll look at it next time.

FOOD! then DRAW! then STUDY!

STUDY STUDY STUDY!

...(realizes his pen is still missing)...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Top Bottom