• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

neous

Smash Journeyman
way to trick me into thinking you commented on my thread.

considering i was able to ID chest mounted rocket pods, this is real good. [not johning, i really like this]

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Sorry for being so inactive.

I don't think school is for me I am too swamped to actually progress my art with it.

Hopefully by new years I will be working on a webcomic though! I am really excited for it and will update as this progresses!

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Yeah all healed up, thanks man :D

Ughhh I wish I could have a clone so I could draw AND play MvC3 at the same time.In a couple months I am going to wish I had 4 clones!!! D:

I Draw
I.1 will play mvc3 or melee
I.2 Will play skyrim
I.3 will play Old Republic
I.4 will go to school

Geist

Smash Master
Speaking of which, I'm totally going as luigi to school on halloween, and my roommate is going as mario.
Maybe pics, pending dignity level prior to events

neous

Smash Journeyman
semi unrelated, too lazy to search,

whos higher on the current tier list?

weegee?
if i had to guess, i wouldnt be confident in my answer
enlighten me plz, clarify my fogged vision with a metaphorical squeegee

[melee tiers, f*ck brawl]

Geist

Smash Master
semi unrelated, too lazy to search,

whos higher on the current tier list?

weegee?
if i had to guess, i wouldnt be confident in my answer
enlighten me plz, clarify my fogged vision with a metaphorical squeegee

[melee tiers, f*ck brawl]
weegee compared to who? o_o
Im assuming you mean mario. I believe Luigi is a single slot under Mario, but they're both mid/low tier so accuracy concerning tiers is kinda shifty down there. I personally think Luigi has more potential to do stuff than Mario and that Mango beasting as scorp has a lot to do with Mario being higher than Luigi. imo. It's a conspiracy.

grr...what is shading, and how do I do it? TT_TT
Shading (properly) is paying attention to volume, lighting and texture. You need to establish the direction light is hitting an object, then how the light will react to that object, then how the object's shape will influence the light, pretty much in that order. Basic shading only requires the first step really. You want to figure out which direction the light is hitting and then keep that direction fixed throughout the majority of your drawing. Also pay attention to areas where light can't hit inside little nooks and crannies and keep them dark. Also don't be afraid of sharp lines. Some people really like their soft gradients and it just makes everything look flat and uniform and bbleeeeh.

Edit: oh yeah, and your Venom dude is looking pretty sweet. Just keep your tones consistent. Your left bicep is shinier than your right bicep because the highlights are brighter and contrast the darks more.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
>.> Oooo so much school work and I know I said I'd upload doodles, so I here we go. Don't expect anything fantastic though. None of them are 100% finished due flipping pages, taking notes, dozing off, etc.

Most of the stuff is animu since that's what my friends taught me and that's what I practiced for majority of my time drawing.... Jus saying.

Just working on perspective and foreshortening.

Working on a new face for a character design... Tried going for a certain look.

Went for a side profile but didn't get far as you can tell >.>

Working on poses

Fail. So FAIL. Tried going for a hunched look with dangling arms and such... Didn't work out too well hahaha. Shoulders way too broad and probably too big. Not too happy with this :/

More character face designs. Repetition.

More repetition.

More poses. Note the fail hands hahahaha. No model, but even with one, I'd still probably be cramped as hell :p

Very unfinished

More poses: meant to be kinda yawning from waking up or something.

More poses

I did this while listening to Heian Alien. Such an dark, evil song >:) Edit: For the eye on the right side, I wanted a "burn paper" type look but I have no idea how to go about that.

Super bored in class so I decided to draw a "hurr durr" pic...

I only posted this one up cause in the upper right hand corner-ish, I tried to redraw Zajice's bird thing with the hilarious -o eye or whatever. Couldn't do it :p Edit: Don't mind the date 2010. I save old cover papers that comes out with each print; I don't waste paper.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
A very sketchy/messy picture of my fox character you guys may remember, as Pit, finally done ( just uploaded it, I finished it a while ago, lol )

Happy Halloween!~

I plan on coloring the above or something if that wasn't clear ^^ I'm mostly concerned on anatomy, I used pictures of Pit in uprising and brawl for reference, but my character's legs are "digitigrade" in nature so it's a bit hard to fit sandal-boots on him.

The wings are just... uh... THERE. lol. I think I need to practice clothing more too.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I like the pose :o its vereh nice!
so is the expression

Can't wait to see the colored version

Also, you told me to remind you about commission :o So yeah, reminding I guess xD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ay! Thanks Lokii

Imma talk you up a bit. This piece you did in your wordpress gallery, I been meaning to tell you, but it's damn right beautiful.

You think you can do two characters in that style? You can answer with potential price details by PM / VM later when you want since I know you took a while on it :o I just wanted to showcase it because it's one of my favs there. I'm talking with my friend Zero on what kinda theme we want to have.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm testing coloring with GIMP for the first time. Tell me what you think

It's small because it's a skin for minecraft (A creeper)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just spent 2 hours doing something a very lazy way in GIMP only to realize it looks dumb and have to do it all over again. I'll do it the right way this time

Geist

Smash Master
I'm getting it in like 2 days now that you mention it. We're pretty hyped (my roomies and I)

good stuff btw everybody lol
Sorry I don't have enough time to post around here the past few days. I'll be back soon though :D

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am one of the said Old Masters.

probably one of the first you'll coma across. therefore will be considered weak, like in RPGs.

:sadsheep:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Aw man! RPG characters!
Hmm...

I'd be a tricky rogue of some sort. WITH KNIVES. That would help on missions and whatnot from time to time.
Or a wandering salesperson.

...EVERYONE DRAW YOURSELVES AS RPG CHARAS O A O

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Do tell

By the way my teacher is amused with Aly's/Your picture. It adorns the cover of my English paper. He laughed.

neous

Smash Journeyman
chok, idk how long its been out. its a 'demo' i think.
character selection, at first, is very limited

i dont know if other characters are availabe rly.

[experienced errors when first messing with /looking at stage music resulting in freezing, i assumed bc of that, we lost character unlocked data/wasnt saved, or, when we installed, we deleted a folder we shouldnt have [a folder that would store data??], but i dk]
[we decided not to touch anything and just play in vs]

geist, you think we could play online without too much lag??

i want to know how it feels to be aly

gettin sandbagged all dai, and still

d stroyed. :D

or maybe we can have, ae project M. 2v2s and stuff. or 3v1 on geist/chok

man.... shoulda made my project smash related, stead of comfort foods. k back to 'work'

edit: idk if im doing it right, but i call ninja from seiken densetsu 3 [secret of mana]

Top Bottom