• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Geist

Smash Master
geist, you think we could play online without too much lag??

i want to know how it feels to be aly

gettin sandbagged all dai, and still

d stroyed. :D

or maybe we can have, ae project M. 2v2s and stuff. or 3v1 on geist/chok
Probably not, but we should still try. Turns out I'll have to wait just a little bit longer to get it, but I'll send a message your way once I get it.

Odds are Chok is better than I am at melee, I'm going off of this because his join date is 02 and he had a green name once. :0 greeeeeen

I've actually been trying to get matches recorded lately beacuse the only ones I have are horribly old matches

neous

Smash Journeyman
some observations
they may be innacurate
background: my friends, are 'scrubs'. no tech skill. some understanding of spacing/traps though. however i should note, when they play 'well' i can only 2 stock them, with high percent on my 2s stock. they can/do beat me though.

for most characters after an air dodge or up b, after you enter the falling state, when you touch the ground, there seems little to no recovery time, allowing for quick shielding or anything, so its kinda hard to punish as opposed to how it was in melee

reverse grabs are easy[er?] to do

the allowed time for inputting techs like for wall techs seems really big [easier to wall tech]

tech chasing seems harder than it was in melee, maybe im just not used to it [seems like less time to react + adjust]

ganon's grab range, and CFs, suck

combos exist, and are situational, AND SO FUN OMG. i stille dont think i am combo-ing well though.
in terms of defense, it seems easier to get out of combos compared to melee. maybe were doing it wrong lol

triangle jumping seems more viable than it was in melee due to little lag after falling state [for most characters]

seems slightly harder to punish rolls [brawlish]

edge invincibility is no longer ********

when attacking someone in grounded state [after they get knocked over, or for characters like snake who can lay down / short] its kinda weird at first judging which attacks will hit/whiff

input when jump cancelling grabs seem even more leniant

falco's lazors are mad nice. reflector is like in melee, i think its hit box range is comparatively smaller

my character ganon, seems so week. his l cancel timings when i dont fast fall is like, so tricky [ i cant consistently l cancel his d air w/o ff, also i find it hard to use his fair properly compared to melee] . his tilts are good, running animation no longer dumb,and his side b is very useful, jump canceling shield into side b is useful too. his wizard foot [GANON KYICK] is good to, less lag if you do it in the air like a dive kick = almost like an l canceled aerial [ALMOST.]
his shoryuken up b still has grab properties
his double jum is rly short. so its hard to double jump back onto the ledge after grabbing, dropping down, jumping, but if u fair he reaches over more easily.

my scrubby friend who uses snake. all his attacks seem so frame safe WTF. snake seems to have good weight, lives long, good recovery, good spacing / zone control options when using projectiles to force someone inside + shield grab, good jab that stuff shuffls , good tilts, f tilt that can lock you if u dont tech[ if u dont tech/di u can get to 100 dmg in like 5 seconds WTF]

thats all i can think of atm

o whats annoying still, is accidental death by air dodge lol.

shiek is still shiek. zelda has nice spacing options with her side b, a delayed exploding fireball that floats, u can air dodge right after , and since air dodging for zelda has like no lag when she lands, its nice.

every character i played, plays so well /easy

ITS THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED. even though theres little things that bug me

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Gonna livestream in a few minutes!

Gonna try something fun....using my home desktop to do internets and my laptop to art....and my desktop will be hooked up to a microphone in order to do SKYPE VOICE CHATS!

It'll be snazzy fun~

If you wanna join in, add me on skype (Little.Miss.Lokii) and then shoot me a message and I'll try to add you to the chat.

And muh livestream is:
http://www.livestream.com/lokii

Geist

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQHr-UcPAxU

this is the most accurate depiction of how good i currently am at melee. if i went to more tournaments i would be ranked in my region haha.

and geist :p green name was the regular back room, which had nothing to do with smash haha.
lol I was not aware.
It's just the 2002 join date. It's intimidating man
Gonna livestream in a few minutes!

Gonna try something fun....using my home desktop to do internets and my laptop to art....and my desktop will be hooked up to a microphone in order to do SKYPE VOICE CHATS!

It'll be snazzy fun~

If you wanna join in, add me on skype (Little.Miss.Lokii) and then shoot me a message and I'll try to add you to the chat.

And muh livestream is:
http://www.livestream.com/lokii
Did I miss you? I think I missed you. I checked only an hour after you posted that though :[

You need to announce beforehand when you're doing those D:

aw yeah and I did a few sketches during portfolio class while we all brainstormed ideas with the teacher/class for our demo reels

It's starting to get hype, I got some really good ideas to go along with the skyrim mod we're doing.
Also silhouetting is too good

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Oh shi-, I didn't think anyone actually knew who I was...there goes my random ninja

I suppose I can post a few WIPs

- - - - -

Bunny Girl Riven
(because all I do is draw League of Legends art, because I'm trying to get a job at Riot Games)

- - - - -

Spellthief Lux
(probably gonna scrap this one, ugh so bad)

neous

Smash Journeyman
its been a while since there have been two posts in a row by two different users

containing such high level of polish/ tech skillz compared to the avg ae user's artistic skill level
[well at least better than me, and its funny bc theyre not more 'complete' works]

geist, i rly like the mech, and sword above the mech

and honda, obviously i like the bunny girl , i wish you posted more in here.
[plz contribute to my project for free]

who else wants to see
GEIST VS CHOCK
money match
1 thousand cents.

btw, whats tsuaii . com ? i wanted to see more of honda's stuff but, its just a black page

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Woah it's Honda! I really like the softness of your pictures.

Bren, those sketches are like... perfect @____@

Has anyone in here read Off-White by any chance?

Geist

Smash Master
(because all I do is draw League of Legends art, because I'm trying to get a job at Riot Games)
Also I wish you best of luck with that. I think you'll have no problem with the skill that you have.
I'm trying super hard to get noticed by bioware myself

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Spellthief Lux
(probably gonna scrap this one, ugh so bad)

Lol @ this being bad.

Good luck with Riot Games. I'm not sure what advice I can even give, as I don't know how you'd get noticed other than doing quality work/showing how you can be a valuable asset to the team. Sounds like you're doing that already, so hopefully you'll get noticed in due time, same for you Geist. I guess the competition must be really tough :\

Anyone have any advice for the best way to clean a Wacom tablet? I don't want to do anything that might damage the functionality.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Neon, I take a semi-wet towel or paper towel to mine. Like, baaaarely wet. Just enough to get whatever food/drinks/whatever has accumulated due to the habitual of at-computer-eating that happens. It works and I've had no problems

Honda, Bren...
Stop being so awesome you guys!!

Bren, your sketches are sick. Love the silhouettes.

Honda, I adore your paintings! Do you have any tutorials/recommendations on stuff to look at? I'm attempting to get better at Digipainting for college. Your style is awesome!

Geist

Smash Master
I guess the competition must be really tough :\
It is, Bioware is a total hotspot for hopeful students right now, I imagine Riot games is too.
Thankfully I'm super competitive and spiteful, as well as annoyingly persistent and near oblivious to rejection
Anyone have any advice for the best way to clean a Wacom tablet? I don't want to do anything that might damage the functionality.
Yeah just spray a cloth or a paper towel with water (add soap if you want, but I don't think it matters too much unless your wacom is like super musky)
Don't spray directly on the tablet
And then dab on spots to pick up stuff in between cracks

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Luckily I've been able to work my way into Riot's brains recently — I've been playing LoL games with (and talking on Skype to) one of their artists, Katie De Sousa. I also got a bit of exposure from my Caitlyn artwork that I posted in the forums a few months ago. So I imagine I'm at a better position than most in terms of getting noticed, which is super awesome, because I'm graduating soon and need a job O__O

@Lokii — Hmm, I remember when I first got my tablet I was influenced a lot by Stanley Lau (artgerm) and his Pepper Portrait tutorial. It's a good way to learn that specific style and see how to go about doing things (starting with mid values and then going light and dark), but nothing beats simply studying/copying work by the masters and doing photo studies. I like studying Paul Cezanne's color use in particular (as well as any Impressionist, really). It sounds boring but it's honestly the best way to learn, I've learned more by studying one photo or painting than by reading 20 tutorials, no lie

Geist

Smash Master
some observations
they may be innacurate

combos exist, and are situational, AND SO FUN OMG. i stille dont think i am combo-ing well though.
in terms of defense, it seems easier to get out of combos compared to melee. maybe were doing it wrong lol
lol combos are rampant in P:M
From what I've gathered from playing so far, timings are pretty much exactly the same for sheik, fox, falco, Marth captain falcon and some stuff for ganon and link. What's mostly changed is the spacing that comes with altered hitboxes and different animations of the attacks.
In terms of getting out of combos, I've been able to do some things I would have thought impossible, especially with Zelda lol. It feels more or less the same stun-wise, although the actual hit-lag when a move strikes and the acceleration of hit trajectory seems different. Not in a bad or a good way, just different.

Also Aly says she wants to wreck you. Don't let it happen you got this

neous

Smash Journeyman
my brother was home, a rare treat, an old melee player, hadnt played smash in yrs. he like. never played project m. and was killing me [aS LINK] with old school mindgrames

is project m online enabled btw? we need to exchange friend codes, right? i forgot how to look them up. [i dont play wii ever]

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah on smashmods there's a forum for matchmaking. I'm pretty sure everyone uses the demo. I'm trying to get my hands on a beta version, but I don't know if the two are compatable. Probably not.

Also yeah I don't know how to wii either. Can't be that hard.

neous

Smash Journeyman
geist's description of me:

"condescending, sarcastic and borderline jerk egotistical in a self aware ironical sense but somehow loveable yeahhh"

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I try to do everything on one layer. If I try something drastic I'll make a new layer for comparison but it eventually gets flattened down as well

Geist

Smash Master
One layer?
Honda you crazy Foo

I ask because I notice you avoid really soft gradients (which imo is a good thing), and I can usually see streaks of different values that seem layered on top of each other. What do you use to produce highlights and shadows like that, I can't imagine you use the burn/dodge tool, because that tends to make things look flat. Do you manually choose each color yourself, or use an opacity brush, or a transfer brush, or whaaattt

Top Bottom