• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] Who do you plan to start Ultimate with (original 8/starting roster, of course)?

So, who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Either Kirby or Yoshi, but more leaning towards Yoshi. Both characters have had changes I really want to experiment with (Dash attack and Up-B respectively) and these two were also my most used characters when I was young.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Kirby, as my avatar implies. He's my favorite fictional character overall and one of my mains in Smash 4, so I'm excited to see how he feels with the new mechanics.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I had hoped it'd be the OG 12 rather than the OG 8, but... I really, really liked Smash 4 Link, so if he's similar in Ultimate, that's a place to start.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Gutted we don't have the OG 12, but I have to rep my boi :ultyoshi:

Then I'm waiting to see if I either get :ultness: or :ultbowserjr: after that

Iridium

Smash Hero
With 20 days left, let's see how many more votes we can get. We're at an okay place.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
In all honesty, I might end up using Pikachu just as much as the rest, since it's supposed to be top tier.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Link because he's an all-rounder and his new Breath appearance is dope.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Why do you want the votes? What exactly are you going to do with them?

As for the votes, I voted Link. I like his playstyle the most and I also like him as character, so I will probably pick him. Although I hate that his tether got removed so if I do end up not picking him then that is probably the reason.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
My first game is definitely going to be with Link because he's the most changed of the original 8 from what I've seen, and I'm interested to see how he feels. I usually end up choosing a new character when I start Smash games, so Link is the closest I'll get with this one.

Mario and Samus are probably the next two that I'll play around with after him since I play so much of Dr. Mario and Luigi anyway and want to get a general feel for the move set. Samus because I'll need to get ready for Dark Samus and I enjoy playing as her from time to time.

SuperBigL

Smash Rookie
For every Smash Bros. game, I've always started with :ultmario: and Ultimate will be no exception. I'll branch out to other characters as I unlock them, but :ultmario: is always my go-to character.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why do you want the votes? What exactly are you going to do with them?

As for the votes, I voted Link. I like his playstyle the most and I also like him as character, so I will probably pick him. Although I hate that his tether got removed so if I do end up not picking him then that is probably the reason.
Eh, they're just going to be used to see the reception of the original 8. More or less to get opinions across.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Assuming it's possible, I'm going to opt for the unlisted "Other" option and use my Wario amiibo to unlock him immediately.

Otherwise, Kirby.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I really don't know, none of these characters are doing anything for me.

I guess Mario or Pikachorp.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Only a few more days to go. I wonder what the end results will be...

jeremyjeeps

Smash Rookie
Gotta start with the OG main link but recently picked up yoshi and have been taking serous names with him.

Top Bottom