• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] Who do you plan to start Ultimate with (original 8/starting roster, of course)?

So, who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If that "scan amiibo to unlock characters" one is true then I'll scan my Daisy amiibo and see if that works.

Even with that, I'd most likely play Link first to see how his changes are.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If that "scan amiibo to unlock characters" one is true then I'll scan my Daisy amiibo and see if that works.

Good, good (more Link). Don't forget to add your vote!

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
How can I turn down :ultmario: as my first starter considering he got me to play Smash Bros in the first place?

I would likely go with :ultfalcon: if you start with the hidden four as well, but whether that is the case or not is still hazy.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, we're at:

1. :ultlink: (18)
2. :ultmario: (17)
3. :ultkirby: (16)
4. :ultdk: (15)
5/6. :ultpikachu: & :ultyoshi: (10)
7. :ultsamus: (8)
8. :ultfox: (4)

Wonder if this will change later.

Edit: And Samus got another already. Added.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'm a little surprised at how few votes Fox is getting, in comparison to the rest. I wonder why that is. He has half the votes of the character one space up (Samus) so far. Guess maybe he just doesn't have as many fans as the other characters, but with how good Fox usually is in Smash games, you'd think he would be one of the more popular choices. Or at least just not the least popular. ...or maybe I'm just overthinking it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mario is always the first character I play as in any game he’s available in...so yeah Mario

Unless the Amiibo unlock stuff is possible...still Mario, but Pit would be next

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm a little surprised at how few votes Fox is getting, in comparison to the rest. I wonder why that is. He has half the votes of the character one space up (Samus) so far. Guess maybe he just doesn't have as many fans as the other characters, but with how good Fox usually is in Smash games, you'd think he would be one of the more popular choices. Or at least just not the least popular. ...or maybe I'm just overthinking it.
Maybe his appeal is even larger with competitive fans, especially considering his playerbases across all games. Not sure what else, really.

And now,

1/2. :ultlink::ultmario: (18)
3/4. :ultdk::ultkirby: (16)
5/6. :ultyoshi::ultpikachu: (10)
7. :ultsamus: (8)
8. :ultfox: (4)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Kirby if I have to choose OG 8, but I'm really planning on starting with Jigglypuff by using her amiibo to unlock her instantly. I know unlocking's part of the appeal for most people but I really just want to dive in with my main lol.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Random select. Like I always do when I first start a new fighting game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Random select. Like I always do when I first start a new fighting game.
But if you had to choose someone from the original 8, who would it be? You don't really have to, but this is a "what if?" question, really.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
My mains from Smash 4 are all gonna be unlockable, so I'll probably go for Link, since I did play him a bit here and there. Of course, if the "scanning amiibo to unlock" thing is true, I'll probably just skip that and unlock Shulk and Inkling right away (assuming that the Splatoon amiibos work as well).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Basically this verbatim.

I'll very likely go back to Young Link instead of Link as a secondary since I'm not crazy about the remote bombs thing, but I'm very curious as to how he's been changed. If I have to start with one of the original eight, it's Link.

If not, Daisy, for the love of God, finally.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Pikachu has a cool new Pika Libre outfit AND a dair spike! I'd give em a shot first and see who I'd unlock! Runner up would be DK for sure, I love that goofy brute in every Smash, and I might even get closer to unlocking K.Rool!

If you can scan amiibos, then I'd have a handful to try out instead but it'd be between Villager and Inkling... Villager is my boyyy, but... I try out a newcomer each game (as much as I can remember!) Melee was my first game ever and I can't remember who I tried first... Brawl, I tried Dedede first, and Smash 4 was Villager for sure! So maybe I should keep up this tradition and try Inkling for Ultimate first, right?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Gonna need to bring this back just to conclude my analysis.

Still Link. What about you?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Kirby (assuming it's original 8 and not original 12).

Though I don't think it'll be hard to unlock more characters. Maybe for some specific ones, but you should be able to get a bunch of them just fine.

Last edited:
I picked Link, but Fox is the first character I played in smash, period.

One of the two, but I fell in love with the Zelda series around the time Smash came out so definitely Link. He’s one of my mains too sooo...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DK, easily. He’s always been my most steady and loyal secondary.

Sprintle

Smash Rookie
Definitely Mario. I always play him first when a new Smash comes out to ease into the game (until I unlock Doc).

UserKev

Smash Champion
Most likely Link. His move set tweak looks colorfully exciting.

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
Part as to why I dont mind new comers that much is because I will always end up using Samus all the time

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I always co-mained :ultmarth: and :ultdk: since Melee anyways, so this is easy. What's more anxiety-inducing is trying to pick even as many as 10 characters to focus on out of the full roster. There's just too many....

R O F L

Smash Ace
Kirby because he is one of my best characters in sm4sh and i'm really excited to try him out.
After him, i'll probs go DK, Link, then Mario

poor Fox.

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
Link is always my go to pick when I am trying out a new Smash game. Doesn't mean I will main him, but IDK. It's something I have always done!

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Had a really hard time deciding this one, since I honestly have almost zero emotional attachment to any of the original 8 characters.

ended up going with kirby cuz he neat

Corbo!

Smash Rookie
NNID
EvilDoctorShoe
Switch FC
SW-5233-5820-8232
Link, since he's changed the most out of the 8 fighters.

D

Deleted member

Definitely Link. He looks so fun. But only until I unlock my main girl.... :ultzelda:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom