• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

SuSa - Marth
UltimateRazer - DDD
Underload - Meta Knight
Savon - Marth
Willmenz - Meta Knight
iKiLLOTz - Marth
shmot - Meta Knight
Technodeath- Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.
Allied - Snake || May have voted in another board.
Gallax - N/A voted in another board.
Technical_Chase - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board.
napZzz - Meta Knight

Underload

Lazy
Got the poll limit extended to 40, if you want to make polls at all.

Edit: Weird that I'm the first one that's gonna say Metaknight.

Metaknight. It's an honest opinion. He's probably our worst matchup.

etecoon

Smash Hero
He's probably our worst matchup.
lmao

MK is actually most important anyway though, you're GOING to be playing several of them at any tournament you go to where as you may duck worse matchups like olimar entirely

</not a vote>

SuSa

If you read the "Vote 1 time on the entire SWF" you'd see why a poll is stupid anyways Underload.

I don't want duplicate results because 5-6 people can **** them up if they go to each board and troll. This at least keeps trolling to 1 small vote.. hardly an impact on my results.

Savon

Smash Ace
Most likely Marth. He will frustrate a Snake player WAY more than MK could hope to if played correctly.

Wilmenz

Smash Journeyman
Its Meta knight guys... You can get lucky and duck under any other difficult match ups while There are going to be like over 9000 MKs in your bracket ._.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
mk seemed like the really obvious answer.

he's the best in the game, the most used character, and his most studied mu is gonna be snake.

nuff said.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he's the best in the game, the most used character, and his most studied mu is gonna be snake
this is probably true but it would be a mistake on his part, snake isn't MK's worst MU or really in the same neighborhood as diddy or falco IMO

MK is still more important than any other character just due to frequency regardless though, I think snake has 3-4 worse MU's but your odds of encountering 2 good players using those characters vs two good MK's, you're more likely to play 2 good MK's

Allied

Smash Master
Snake ditto.

very important to know, unless u have another character for him.

It's interesting to thing that the most important match up can easily coinencide with ones worst match-up. A particular person in a reigon could easily be messed up by their worst match-up, but be fine against anyone else. So in that case, if I ever play at MN, I bet my most important one to figure out would be ICs.

napZzz

Smash Hero
this is really really hard to call.

I'd say falco, but there really aren't that many of them out there compared to the metaknights. THe issue with mk is that the matchup is only getting worse as time goes on and its getting harder to keep up with it

I feel like, every time I start to catch up to the standard mk matchup new little gay things keep coming up and I gotta work harder. Its probably the most important simply because of how often he's played

but other than that, I'd just say falco. Cuz falcos a ***** if you dont know what to do

I'll vote the evil puff ball

10:metaknight:'s

SuSa

MK is still more important than any other character just due to frequency regardless though, I think snake has 3-4 worse MU's but your odds of encountering 2 good players using those characters vs two good MK's, you're more likely to play 2 good MK's
See, this is where we're at a disagreement but it's probably because I'm biased a bit.

It takes a really good MK to beat me. (AKA: Ranked)
It takes a mediocre Marth/Olimar to beat me. (AKA: Randoms)
Marth is more popular than Olimar. (Hurr durr)
Marth is most important IMO.

Biased. :awesome:

napZzz

Smash Hero
I think marth/falco are as hard as mk these days but they aren't as popular, at least not in the midwest

Marth and MK imo.

MK is :mad:

Marth is one of Snake's harder match ups. He has pure aerial advantage. He's worth learning about.

Falco and Wario

etecoon

Smash Hero
See, this is where we're at a disagreement but it's probably because I'm biased a bit.

It takes a really good MK to beat me. (AKA: Ranked)
It takes a mediocre Marth/Olimar to beat me. (AKA: Randoms)
Marth is more popular than Olimar. (Hurr durr)
Marth is most important IMO.

Biased. :awesome:
yeah it depends on your perspective I guess, you do have mike there where as I have 2 pretty good marth's in my region, but neither is ranked. there are 7 ranked players here that have a meta knight, 2-3 others that could be ranked, and shadow/diem/doom sometimes come up from NJ when they have nothing else going on. NE needs to step it's marth game up :/ I'll be using more marth when I come back from my hiatus so hopefully I can help that

Isn't every knowledge important and to do so otherwise is stupid. To compare it to something it is like a football team preparing only for the best teams in their schedule and not preparing for any other teams just because they aren't much to worry about. All those MKs who lost to Sonics (not to take away any credit to _X_ and Espy) could have beaten those Sonics if they had known the MU better. You should study all the MUs and perhaps know a few better than others but knowledge of every MU is important because not knowing the MU is a lame john if you lose to a bad MU. Snake doesn't really have any **** MUs (besides ganon , zelda ect.) so not knowing a MU could lose you a set.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i think meta is the most important matchup for most people to learn , due to the fact theres more top mks than other chars so its one you NEEED to be strong in

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
In New England, everyone uses Snake, therefore it would behoove you to learn the Snake matchup at NE tourneys.

Top Bottom