• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Marth Attacks R CHEAP?

DarkBrawler2

Smash Rookie
We I like Marth his a Great Character But My friends R Crying about it when I beat them using Marth So do u think his Cheap? I don't think he is....

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Dude, he's the best character. If you use Marth you should just die. He's going to be banned soon anyways dude, he's that good.

Tenki

Smash Hero
They need to learn how to pshield, dodge, and punish.

Tell them that.

Bac

Smash Rookie
ya nooo shizz- marths likes pwnssss- hes so broked- alls mines frieends dos iss spamm his op fsmash and i gets knocked out!!!!! arrrrrgggggggg pleeeaase please please please bannn him guys!!!!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DarkBrawler, a great way to change your friends' minds is to pick up and play MK.

They'll then respect you for opting to go with Marth instead.

Unless we're talking about Melee here. Then I guess I can feel where they're coming from even though I don't particular care then either. =P

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Cheap is MetaKnight and fawkin Lucario. Lucario should be called "Brokario".

I consider MetaKnight to be Akuma tier. The best chance against MetaKnight is MetaKnight himself which is 50/50. lol

If I'me serious about winning, I won't even waste my time with other characters if I have to fight a MetaKnight.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Akuma had like 0 stamina... anyway..

But ya, this thread seems like a "z0mg my friend is so dum everyone please agree with me and scoff at his dum-ness" thread.

legion598

Smash Ace
i cant see marth as cheap his learning curve is far too steep now sure if ur playing against ppl who dont know how to play hes really good but any1 with skill should be able to match marth and hes no were near as cheap as MK

Smash Apprentice
Marth is only cheap if you don't know how to counter him (excuse the pun). Tell them exactly where you are open and make them do that. Not only should they shut up, you will all become better as a result.

-Ran

Smash Master
Tell them, they need to get better. Maybe the character they are using doesn't match their play style. My friends once upon a time called Marth cheap. Once I enlightened them, that perspective changed.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
We I like Marth his a Great Character But My friends R Crying about it when I beat them using Marth So do u think his Cheap? I don't think he is....
Okay, big question - Are you playing 4 player FFA or 1v1?

If FFA, tell them to pick a good FFA character like Ike(Since he KOs fast enough to killsteal from people) or some other character that KOs easily. Marth is really good for FFAs also. Metaknight can be good for FFAs also, but they need to play him good or else he'll get killstealed from other characters like Ike or Marth.

If 1v1 - Well, I am guessing they're new to the game or new to playing 1v1s. Just go easier on them(set your handicap to 150%) or play FFA with them, or just play against computers.

Also tell them to practice I guess but obviously, they're new to the game or are casual players.

Archimonde

Smash Rookie
m4r7h 15 |1k3 70 u83r 4nd 57uff (u5 h3 6035 5(|1(3 5|1(3 |0| 4nd h3 15 n07 (h34p.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
DarkBrawler, a great way to change your friends' minds is to pick up and play MK.

They'll then respect you for opting to go with Marth instead.

Unless we're talking about Melee here. Then I guess I can feel where they're coming from even though I don't particular care then either. =P
I disagree... pick up snake and Ftilt their butts until 80% and then utilt them to limbo.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Marth's attacks are cheap when they hit. If (if... such a big word)... if they miss, chances are you can get ruined.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Still, it did a good enough job for me to understand what it meant XD

LOLS at the "slice slice" in it though. Made me laugh when I read it un133ted :D

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
m4r7h 15 |1k3 70 u83r 4nd 57uff (u5 h3 6035 5(|1(3 5|1(3 |0| 4nd h3 15 n07 (h34p.
Translation: Marth is like to uber and stuff, cause' he goes slice slice lol, and he is not cheap.
Wow sad I know that.

Anyway I don't see Marth as cheap, he can get some good combo's out, but if any respectable Smash players know how to dodge, and knows about tipping, he's not all that good.

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
Tell them Marth's smashes have a good deal of delay and are easily punished if blocked. His untippered smashes are also weak. And he is pretty light.

Let them play Marth against you, while you take advantage of his delay. And they'll see how hard it is to play him properly. I also like the idea of abusing Snake or MK lagless attack to show them what's up.

e__

Smash Ace
Tell them Marth's smashes have a good deal of delay and are easily punished if blocked. His untippered smashes are also weak. And he is pretty light.

Let them play Marth against you, while you take advantage of his delay. And they'll see how hard it is to play him properly. I also like the idea of abusing Snake or MK lagless attack to show them what's up.
His usmash actually has the same knockback where ever you hit, and it does i think 3% more at the tip, so if your feet knock them into the blade it won't be a huge difference damage wise.

Top Bottom