• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Sinn

Smash Lord
...yeah, but they were random...

Maybe the pokemon alone or with the trainer...

I mean Shiek did have 3 and Zelda had 3
I liked how you could make them do specific poses by holding down buttons. I always used the one where Zelda had the fire between her hands. It was nifty <3

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
How did you make them do specific poses?

I'm wondering what it'll look like if Pokemon Trainer wins...

Sinn

Smash Lord
When the screen says "GAME!" or "TIME!" after the match is over, press and hold down either B, X, or Y, and it will do the pose that the game has assigned for that character on that button. Like Marth's B pose is the one where he spins his sword all badass. Certain characters I always do the same pose for. Like the Ice Climbers high five <3

Percon

Smash Lord
Eh... I'm sorry if this got adressed before, but I'm currently too tired to read through 100+ pages.

How do you think Ivysaur will attack? B moves are fine, as he can do the regular vine whip/bullet seed/razor leaf, etc. But for A moves?

Ivysaur is a quadraped, meaning no punching or kicking(and his jumping probably sucks). His tail is also really short. That leaves his head. Now, he could headbutt people, him upsmash could be someting like Bowser's, his >tilt could be like Pikachu's... but where do we go from there?

I think that maybe some vines come out of him and slam people for some A moves for some disjointed hitbox ownage. Of course, that's what his grab'll have to be. And... really, that's all I can think of.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Tackles. Attacks that involve his bud. Attacks that don't involve his bud but still involve the grass type ( like who on earth knows how "grass knot" actually works? ). Headbutts. Claw swipes. Bites. Donkey kicks.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/002.shtml

I won't mention the fact that I already posted a complete moveset for Ivysaur.

...oops.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Don't forget powders, scents and leech seeds. Grass types are known for having status effect techniques (Bellossom used Sleep Powder in Melee if I recall correctly) so that could add something to Ivysaur's style.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It's been a while since I've talked about Pokemon Trainer. Well, he does seem interesting to play as and many Pokemon fans are going to like playing as him. He definitely isn't a broken character because of the stamina meter and what happens if you use a certain pokemon for too long or keep switching in and out. There's that, and it proved the doubters wrong as well.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I'm kinda glad Sakurai didn't take the easy road and just give the Pokemon Trainer Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile as the grass type. Even though that would be awesome, Ivysaur adds a new twist to the game.

I personally can't wait to use Charizard.. :)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Whoo! Wi-Fi is confirmed! Excellent news....so now I can have "Pokemon battles" with everyone here! I'm looking forward to facing you all online. I'm going to attempt to be the best (haha....yeah right)!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Oh, the nostalgia. What the heck....

I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand the power that's inside
Pokemon!
It's you and me!
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
You're my best friend, in the world we must defend!

Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I teach you
Pokemon
Gotta catch'em, gotta catch 'em all....

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day to claim my rightful place
Come with me the time is right
There's no better team
On and on we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream

Pokemon!
It's you and me!
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
You're my best friend, in the world we must defend!

Pokemon!
Our hearts so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I teach you
Pokemon
Gotta catch'em, gotta catch 'em all....
That felt good. XD On that note, in a "team picture" a friend drew for me for my birthday a while back, Ivysaur was on it. Who would've thought I'd be able to use him in Brawl? It's so crazy looking back on it now. For those interested...

Lith17

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't want Ash in Brawl either, but to say he can't fight. If you ever watch certain episodes or some of the movies, you'd know he has one bad temper and he'd usually try to punch a person or two when he's set off. That boy has some rage built up in him. I wonder why, does he have some underlying issues about violence? Of course the producers of the show will never tell us.

TenshiOni

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else think an alternate female trainer costume is inevitable? One modeled after the female trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I mean, what with the generic "Pokemon Trainer" name and all.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Anyone else think an alternate female trainer costume is inevitable? One modeled after the female trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I mean, what with the generic "Pokemon Trainer" name and all.
That's pretty much what we're hoping for. Or at least, what I am hoping for.

Heck, I'm hoping for about four different costumes. I like being able to choose. :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
hmm so as for outfit changes, are we thinking that they would be representative of different characters? like maybe some famous gym trainers and such

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
TenshiOni....(from NarutoFan?)

I'm still doubting Pokemon Trainer's alternate will be a girl, but one of his alternate costumes can be a black shirt and purple pants, as a homage to his rival.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so perhaps, then, we'll have:

Ash
Gary
Misty?
Female Protagonist?
Other Gym Leader?
Team Rocket?
Prof. Oak?

Fawriel

Smash Master
No..... I think it's more in the spirit of the character to be able to choose from a variety of playable Pokemon trainers from the main games.

Red and... Green?
Gold and Krys ( the second part in a long series is always ignored )
Brendan and May
And whatever the two new kids are called.

Sinn

Smash Lord
That would be Lucas and Dawn. Which would be kinda funny if they put MOTHER 3's Lucas in the game as well.

If they can add crowns and hats and goggles to the Pokémon in Melee, I'm sure they can change the skin for the PT in the background. So few polygons...poor PT...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking that another PKMN Trainer would be added, but he'd use the Hoenn starters. Of course, some people have had a grudge with that idea.

Stryks

Smash Hero
color swaps should represent other pokemont trainers:

Red - default
blue - Red fire/green leaf female trainer (blue fits her)
green - may?
black - the dude from 3rd gen
gold - gold

and so on...

Top Bottom