• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get why squirtle's Up-B was called "waterfall," either, until someone here said that it looks like the water is falling down. I figured the water was just moving like a tidal wave, but it makes more sense now, :p.

My predictions for the remaining PT special moves are ...

Squirtle's Standard B: bubble- shoots bubbles (who knew?)
Ivysaur's Side B- razor Leaf- shoots leaves (omg crazy i know)
Charizard's Up B- no clue. i'm going to be bold and guess its probably something either involving his flying/winged abilities, or a firey move.

I must say I'm wierded out that they gave charizard the rock bash move instead of a fire-based move, but whatevs, its still interesting. Also, I wonder what waterfall will be like as a recovery move for squirtle. As for Ivysaur- i hope his vine whip is different when on the ground, and I really hope the bullet seed can change directions or something- or i hope the seeds come back down after firing them, but i guess that would defeat the purpose of them being "bullet" seeds. i think ivysaur's moves are so appropriate, but if you can't use them for much, then why?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't get why squirtle's Up-B was called "waterfall," either, until someone here said that it looks like the water is falling down. I figured the water was just moving like a tidal wave, but it makes more sense now, :p.

My predictions for the remaining PT special moves are ...

Squirtle's Standard B: bubble- shoots bubbles (who knew?)
Ivysaur's Side B- razor Leaf- shoots leaves (omg crazy i know)
Charizard's Up B- no clue. i'm going to be bold and guess its probably something either involving his flying/winged abilities, or a firey move.

I must say I'm wierded out that they gave charizard the rock bash move instead of a fire-based move, but whatevs, its still interesting. Also, I wonder what waterfall will be like as a recovery move for squirtle. As for Ivysaur- i hope his vine whip is different when on the ground, and I really hope the bullet seed can change directions or something- or i hope the seeds come back down after firing them, but i guess that would defeat the purpose of them being "bullet" seeds. i think ivysaur's moves are so appropriate, but if you can't use them for much, then why?

The move Waterfall in Pokemon makes you go up...so it does technically make sense...

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
But that'd be unoriginal, if Charizard had the exact same Up + B - and not worth the delay and separation from the moveset released yesterday.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
The other two characters that have been shown to glide can go up with their ^B, so why not Charizard?

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why not.

Now I just thought of something about the PT's Pokémon's Stamina stat, what if it is like the HP in Stamina Mode in Melee?

Maybe it's that if you keep using the same Pokémon, then as it takes damage, it's HP (stamina) goes down, and when down to 0, it faints (collapses) and can no longer fight and must be switched out.

But even if this is the case, I don't think that if what I just mentioned happens, that you wouldn't be able to use the Pokémon for the rest of the match, but that once you've switched back to it, that some of it's HP (stamina) will have recovered.

Say for example perhaps each one has a maximum of 150 HP which they start of with, and the second time around that you come to them, they recover 50 HP, then the next time 40, then 30, then 20, and if beyond that then 10 from that point on.

But to keep players from just switching them all the time to keep their HP up, there may be some sort of restriction, most likely a frequency restriction keeping a Pokémon from being switched until a certain minimum amount of time has passed.

khold

Smash Apprentice
Charizard's UpB should be Fire Spin. He propels himself into the air as fire surrounds it.

What would Squirtle's UpB be like if he did it in the air?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I like the idea of having Charizard have Siassmic toss. Be a move that complements his personality.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that would make the character suck; no one would play as him since no one would want to be at a disadvantage.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Some people have wondered what will happen when his pokemon are KO'ed. the answer is simple:
HIS POKEMON ARE UNBEATABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!111!!12!one! two! TWOOOoooOOO!!!uno!!! dos!!twelve!! eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, on moving stagesm I think it's most likely that he will use the machine from Pokemon Snap, that spherical contrvance that aparently could travel trough ground, air, and water easily.

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, on moving stagesm I think it's most likely that he will use the machine from Pokemon Snap, that spherical contrvance that aparently could travel trough ground, air, and water easily.
I was just about to ask, what with the stages who move?

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
ah, ZERO-ONE

bam, problem solved. That thing could go pretty much anywere in pokemon snap.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
What in the world will be the Pokemon Trainer's final smash?!

Maybe he brings out Mewtwo? That'd be a way to return him to the game if they decide to remove him in favor of another pokemon. (Pichu's a better removable candidate.) Any opinions on his Final Smash?

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Both the female and the Final Smash have been brought up before.

In my opinion, I doubt the female trainer will be an alternate costume for Red...or she would've been introduced already. She would've been in the same picture as Red and his Pokemon, I'd think. And the Pokemon Trainer keeps being referred to as "he, him" etc.

As for the Final Smash, seeing as how all of his Pokemon have their own moveset, they all most likely have their own Final Smash as well. Common suspects are Hydro Pump or Hydro Cannon for Squirtle, Solarbeam or Frenzy Plant for Ivysaur and Blast Burn or Overheat for Charizard.

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why not, and can't really think of any other way at the moment.

Top Bottom