• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I'm sticking to Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle having their own Final Smash or them combining their strongest attacks together. And while this is far out, I'd even love for Pichu to be a part of Red's Final Smash as well.

T-major

Smash Champion
im still wondering about the final smash
this is pretty much the only thing that I'm worried about when it comes to this character.

I'm hoping that they make three seperate Final smashes for each pokemon (like solar beam for Ivysaur, Fire blast for Charizard, Hydro pump for Squirtle). but I fear that they might make him release a ledgendary pokemon that you can contral for a while. this is awesome, but not if the ledgendary in question is Mewtwo. that would suck major balls, because Mewtwo deserves to be his own character. if they give you any other ledgendary, then that would be a super **** Final, but what other Ledgendary from the first Generation would work as a character besides Mewtwo? the only other one I can think of is Mew.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I have given an idea before about a final smash: Instead of sending one pokemon at a time he sends out all three and the three of them run amuch. Squirtle would spin across the surface, making it hard to land. Ivysaur would patrol the platforms and use Vine whip to whach anyone who landsd on them. Charizard would patrol the air and spit out fire to anyone who gets to close: It's pretty hetic.

But the final smah isn't the thing that worries me the most, what worries me is that the flying on a pigiott is out the window, so I have no idea how he'll do it: I can't see him scrabling up ladders to try to keep up, while still issuing commands, nor can I see him jumping from platform to platform

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
nah, i think squirtle should have tidal wave, and charizard siesmic toss. i guess solar beam could work for ivysaur though

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
My personal bet goes for Ho-oh. I mean, they brought Charizard out of his pokeball to be playable, why not Ho-oh? You could probably direct his attack (maybe Sacred Fire from the background) like Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
It's because Ho-Oh isn't the god of Pokemon. Arceus is, and I don't see Arceus doing anything either. Ho-Oh should just stay as a Pokemon in the Poke Ball. If it was Gold that was playable, I'd agree with you.

But yeah, it'd be a nice throwback to Red in G/S/C if Espeon and Snorlax participated in the Final Smash. I want Pichu there because if you're going to remove a character, at least let him appear through something else!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
It's because Ho-Oh isn't the god of Pokemon. Arceus is, and I don't see Arceus doing anything either. Ho-Oh should just stay as a Pokemon in the Poke Ball. If it was Gold that was playable, I'd agree with you.

But yeah, it'd be a nice throwback to Red in G/S/C if Espeon and Snorlax participated in the Final Smash. I want Pichu there because if you're going to remove a character, at least let him appear through something else!
I'm sorry, but a tiny Pikachu baby hurting itself with electric attacks doesn't say "super-powerful Final Smash" to me.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Sadly, Ho-oh has no relation with Red.

The only Legendaries Red has come across with are:

Mewtwo
Articuno
Deoxys (cancled becouse hes in pokeball now)
Entei
Raikou
Celebi (next to mewtwo i think this is a possibility)

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I hate to do this, but I'll call in the "The character's name is Pokemon Trainer, not Red" Card. I think it IS Red, but maybe that's one reason Sakurai named him PT instead of Red. Also, Ho-oh appeared in the first episode of the anime even though it wasn't first-gen.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
I think that PT's FS will be a Marvel v. Capcom type scenrario, where all 3 jump in & pwn, maybe with variations depending on who grabs the Smash orb. And mabye PT will do a Sucker Punch at the end.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I think that PT's FS will be a Marvel v. Capcom type scenrario, where all 3 jump in & pwn, maybe with variations depending on who grabs the Smash orb. And mabye PT will do a Sucker Punch at the end.
I can so vividly picture Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard going all DBZ-type-combo ape**** on all characters on the battlefield... then TP randomly runs in and gives one of them a wedgie.
Oh yeeaaah.

Mew sounds like a very plausible FS, tho. He's pretty much THE legendary. Forget Arceus, Mew is where it's at.
And Mew totally seems like the kind of legendary who'd give Falcon a wedgie.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why does it have to be a legendary? Why can't it just be something big like Snorlax or Dragonite?

Fawriel

Smash Master
They just aren't iconic enough, is all.

Imagine it like this.

The character is The Pokemon Trainer. The team is The First Starter Triad.
The Final Smash is The Superawesome Strong Pokemon.........

You're going to choose a superawesome strong Pokemon.
Snorlax is strong, but sort of on par with Charizard, and, in my opinion, not really spectacular or iconic.
Dragonite could work. It's semi-legendary anyway.

But Mew is already STILL one of the most popular Pokemon anyway ( at least from what I know ), but with Mewtwo in ( potentially ), it probably has no chance to make it in as a playable character, so besides being a really powerful creature and absolutely iconic and recognizable, it could also appease Mew fans who requested it for Melee ( and Brawl, I guess ).

Lots of assumptions, yeah, but I hope you get the point.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I can so vividly picture Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard going all DBZ-type-combo ape**** on all characters on the battlefield... then TP randomly runs in and gives one of them a wedgie.
Oh yeeaaah.

Mew sounds like a very plausible FS, tho. He's pretty much THE legendary. Forget Arceus, Mew is where it's at.
And Mew totally seems like the kind of legendary who'd give Falcon a wedgie.
LOL Mew-wedgie
the only problem with that is Mew's role as an ultra-rare pokemon that gives you a huge points bonus at the end of the match if you release it- but hopefully they can replace it with Jirachi or Shaymin.

M.K

Level 55
Hmm,

Charizard looks like he's going to bite Squirtle's face off O_o

Yes, Vine Whip for a grab is EXCEPTIONALY brilliant, but also a "Of course" sort of thing.

Who thinks Ivysaur's B-Special will be charging up Solarbeam? I DO I DO!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think it'll be Mew, I think it'll be something big. Something like Dragonite or Dialga. I said Snorlax because I remember Red using Snorlax in Gold/Silver. Also, a lot of people like Snorlax.

Notice how they all have one profile on the website, unlike Samus and Zamus who have seperate profiles. This is because they all count as one character. The stamina thing makes it so that you have to play them all together and I think that they will all have one final smash. And for a character like this, the most obvious idea is to have him call out a ridiculously powerful Pokemon. So I'm convinced that that will be his final smash. I have no idea what Pokemon it will be, but I think it will be something at least as big as Giga Bowser.

M.K

Level 55
I don't think it'll be Mew, I think it'll be something big. Something like Dragonite or Dialga. I said Snorlax because I remember Red using Snorlax in Gold/Silver. Also, a lot of people like Snorlax.

Notice how they all have one profile on the website, unlike Samus and Zamus who have seperate profiles. This is because they all count as one character. The stamina thing makes it so that you have to play them all together and I think that they will all have one final smash. And for a character like this, the most obvious idea is to have him call out a ridiculously powerful Pokemon. So I'm convinced that that will be his final smash. I have no idea what Pokemon it will be, but I think it will be something at least as big as Giga Bowser.
OMG WAILORD!

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Why can't PT use his pokes for a FS? Why does he have to pull an uber out of his a**?

Fawriel

Smash Master
He can. What speaks for the uber is that it would count as PT's Final Smash instead of his Pokemon's Final Smashes, but hey, I'm fine with either.

The only thing I find unlikely is all three Pokemon doing an attack, because sending out three Pokemon at the same time against potentially a single opponent wouldn't be very sportsman-like, and never happened in the games. Since he's already a perfect representation of the way the games work, I doubt he'll break that rule.

Another solution would be that he summons a random uber Pokeball Pokemon. Just a thought.

M.K

Level 55
Three against one is not the way of the shinobi.

...wait, what? Oh right, not Naruto, Pokemon....uhm....

Three POKEMON against one is not the WAY of the TRAINER!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
OMG WAILORD!

Wailord is at least 5 Times as big as Giga Bowser- It's the largest Pokemon found to date.
I wonder if Smash balls will be an item you can set on the item selection screen- you could have a match full of Mario launching giant Fireballs at Giga Bowser while Pikachu attempts to Volt-Tackle Samus before she fires her Zero Laser at Link, who is charging towards her with the intent of slashing her to pieces with Triforce Slash.

M.K

Level 55
Wailord is at least 5 Times as big as Giga Bowser- It's the largest Pokemon found to date.
I wonder if Smash balls will be an item you can set on the item selection screen- you could have a match full of Mario launching giant Fireballs at Giga Bowser while Pikachu attempts to Volt-Tackle Samus before she fires her Zero Laser at Link, who is charging towards her with the intent of slashing her to pieces with Triforce Slash.
Yep, 46 feet and some odd inches, although Steelix comes close with about...32-34 feet of steel-snakey thing?

I predict that the Final Smash for Charizard is either Fire Spin (a giant whirlwind of firey goodness) or Blast Burn (essentially a copy of Mario Finale, but...more flamey...er)

A Final Smash from any of the pokemon WILL be the straw that breaks the camels back though.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the whole sportsmanship argument, and I REALLY hope it's a legendary. however, Pit calls in an entire ARMY to fight against his enemies, so the whole 3-on-1 thing isn't too implausible (is that a word?)

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Starfoxplaya, What The F***! No One Wanted To See That! Take It Away! Take It Away! Arrrggghhhh!

edit: sORRY, APPARENTLY THE POST HAS BEEN DELETED, it was a very, very, very disturbing video.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Starfoxplaya, What The F***! No One Wanted To See That! Take It Away! Take It Away! Arrrggghhhh!

edit: sORRY, APPARENTLY THE POST HAS BEEN DELETED, it was a very, very, very disturbing video.
last time, i heard there was tubgirl and goatse...it wasnt that bad

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
what's 4chan?

EDIT: Never mind, let's get past the moment- everyone go wash their eyes and then we can keep talking about the final smash. I think it'll be an uber a la Giga Bowser.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
That's manga only. I don't think the manga will influence this at all. Red was an actual character in G/S/C, with Pikachu, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Snorlax and Espeon. If anything, he is the only one who moves/Pokemon should be drawn from.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Exactly, that's why I said that I could see Snorlax being used as his Final Smash.

Top Bottom