• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Everything can happen, but I think the character will more likely be high tier than low tier since most likely; one of the 3 Pokemon will be good versus the 'real' character your fighting. Imagine this: Mario vs Pokémon Trainer. Mario has an edge versus Squirtle and is a counter to Ivysaur, but Charizard completely ***** Mario... Then it's not hard what Pokémon the other player will choose.

That's why I wonder what this 'stamina' really is about. Sakurai said that it isn't good for the Pokémon to be in the battle very long, or switch out a lot. Untill that is revealed, we don't know if this character is broken or total crap...

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Everything can happen, but I think the character will more likely be high tier than low tier since most likely; one of the 3 Pokemon will be good versus the 'real' character your fighting. Imagine this: Mario vs Pokémon Trainer. Mario has an edge versus Squirtle and is a counter to Ivysaur, but Charizard completely ***** Mario... Then it's not hard what Pokémon the other player will choose.

That's why I wonder what this 'stamina' really is about. Sakurai said that it isn't good for the Pokémon to be in the battle very long, or switch out a lot. Untill that is revealed, we don't know if this character is broken or total crap...
I love how by your logic the character is either "Broken" or "total crap." The stamina is there to prevent the character from being broken without limiting the forms to make them completely comparable with each other (being equal parts competitive against the same characters, one not having distinct advantages of the other.)

Why can't the character just be "Balanced?"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
4. This one isn't so important, but in SSB we had intros. Seeing as Pokemon Trainer has to send out a Pokeball for the first Pokemon, does this mean the return of intros?
Concidering we know they're trophies, I'd say no.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
all i have to say is "wow"

edit: btw i think im' going to like this character, some of my favoreite pokes! all they would need now is alakazam and gengar not with a trainer, then'd that'd be the best pokemon choices for brawl, and maybe lucario

but this dims any other pokemons chances, a very slight chance for any other now :(

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Everything can happen, but I think the character will more likely be high tier than low tier since most likely
I love how every new character (except Wario and probably Snake) is seen as being high tier by so many people on this site. I seriously don't think MK, Pit, ZSS, Ike, and PT are all going to be high tier...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
wow. like, SO many people got owned with this update.

red haters=OWNED
squirtle haters=OWNED
venasaur haters(if there are ones)=OWNED
charizard haters=OWNED

this character looks AWESOME, and I cant wait to main him :D

red stone

Smash Ace
this character is gonna be like ice climbers. the potential is there but the work it takes to make it come out is enormous.

wobbling took a while to come out but was worth it in the end

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
this character is gonna be like ice climbers. the potential is there but the work it takes to make it come out is enormous.

wobbling took a while to come out but was worth it in the end
This character is NOTHING like Ice Climbers. The reason that the ICs potential was unrealized for a long time is because having two characters out at the same time was something completely new. Switching between characters is no different than switching between Zelda and Sheik.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
And now, for my own personal amusement, to read through the early stages of this thread and laugh at every "No this is a terrible idea".

:)

And it's great cuz they can't even say "WELL I'LL HAV FUN KIKIN HIZ @$$!!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!" to try and not look like they just got owned, (which they did) because you don't even fight HIM. Bahaha, life is good.

majora_787

Smash Hero
XP yet again, non-beleivers got owned. *sniff* does my heart good to see people get owned like that XD

GenG

Smash Lord
I **** bricks when I saw this.

The fact is that I love Pokémon but I never thought they could ever put the Trainer. At least is a very creative character and, come on, you can play as friggin Charizard.

007flash

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley, the Anti-Pokemon appears in Brawl, Tirkaro will be defeated!

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
*wets pants*

Well, that's awesome...

But what about Charzard? Will he be slow and have multiple jumps or something?

i wounder what will happen when red is at Castle Siege will he fall to and in Rumble Falls would he jump to?
I was wondering that too...

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
Do you think his alt costumes will be regular color changes or some of the other trainers/rivals? And are all of his pokemon also going to have a color change(Mewtwo) or wear little hats(like pika or Jiggs)? I think this character is very creative, and although it probebly won't be the most amazing character, it looks like a worthy addition.

Roorii

Smash Rookie
I think I can safely say nobody REALLY thought Red was gonna be in Brawl.
Just shows we still have a few suprises left. :p
Its cool that I can be Ivysaur! (One of my favourite Pokeymans)

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Whoa...
O_O

If "Poke'mon Trainer" can get in Brawl, I guess practically anyone (except for some EXTREMELY stupid suggestions) can get into Brawl. AND NO, DON'T YOU DARE THINK THAT GOROH WAS A STUPID SUGGESTION!

Now I wonder who'll be the next Poke'mon POKE'MON to be in Brawl...

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I wanted to kick red's *** soo badly but Bowser on Squirtle battling is better than ****** some pansy and we finally have someone to represent the water element for smash.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Wow this is definitely not my favorite character. I'll admit it looks cool i've always wanted to play as charizard and I saw a squirtle moveset and it looked pretty cool. But I really can't believe he made it. I kept looking at the character thing expecting to see him as an AT not as PC. I didn't exactly agree with this character before like how could thiss even work. But having him off to the side is a cool idea. So I must say this is most likely Brawl's WTF character, because that's exactly what I said when I saw this.

Top Bottom