• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Super Training is fine for EV training. A little slower perhaps but I can do a Pokemon fully in an hour and a half as a leftie so the rest of you have no excuse...
I too have had no problems with Super Training, as you can EV train your Pokemon without leveling them up. It would be a disappointment if that doesn't come back, because having to hunt for the Pokemon who have the EV yields that you want can be a pain at times.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I too have had no problems with Super Training, as you can EV train your Pokemon without leveling them up. It would be a disappointment if that doesn't come back, because having to hunt for the Pokemon who have the EV yields that you want can be a pain at times.
Wasn't it confirmed to return when the IV training thing was announced?

As an aside, with more info on the 14th and Tokyo Game Show on the 15th, imagine the meltdown if they confirmed Sun/Moon would also be being ported to NX as a launch title in time for an NX showing at TGS...

D

Deleted member

Wowsers I tell ya. This news was great Type: Null, Jangomo-O, Alolan Raticate who's also the totem Pokemon in Pokemon Moon. Plus The Aether Foundation and The Ultra Beats good stuff enjoyed it all. September 14th here we come hopefully it's the starters evolutions then we'll know if the Chinease leaks were true. But before then Rockruff's secret evolved form.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wasn't it confirmed to return when the IV training thing was announced?
In regards to Hyper Training, I still don't like how your Pokemon needs to be at level 100 in order to use that service. That's a very painful process if you're raising a Pokemon who uses the slower level-up formulas, such as Slow and Fluctuating.

Well, technically, Fluctuating starts out leveling up at fast rates, but beyond level 50, things start becoming more tedious in the level-up process.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In regards to Hyper Training, I still don't like how your Pokemon needs to be at level 100 in order to use that service. That's a very painful process if you're raising a Pokemon who uses the slower level-up formulas, such as Slow and Fluctuating.

Well, technically, Fluctuating starts out leveling up at fast rates, but beyond level 50, things start becoming more tedious in the level-up process.
At the very least its a way to control the IV's of your pokemon without breeding and hatching dozens of eggs...that in and of itself can be a fairly painful process, now you just need to breed for moves and natures which isn't as bad...

Most of the time when raising pokemon for competitive use you bring them up to Level 100 anyway...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Most of the time when raising pokemon for competitive use you bring them up to Level 100 anyway...
Like I said before, the level up process can either be fast or painfully slow. For instance, it'll take a lot less time to raise Zangoose to level 100 (600,000 exp.) than it is to raise Seviper to level 100 (1,640,000 exp.).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The only immediate use of the hyper training is on the 20th anniversary pokemon and pokemon that were from G6 or earlier.
Did they ever confirm that Super training was going to be coming back? I don't remember them mentioning it in one of the Trailers..

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Like I said before, the level up process can either be fast or painfully slow. For instance, it'll take a lot less time to raise Zangoose to level 100 (600,000 exp.) than it is to raise Seviper to level 100 (1,640,000 exp.).
There are much easier workarounds to this than to IV train as before though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still kind of curious about how Type: Null will play out. It's an artificial Pokemon, probably created by Team Skull, considering that Gladion uses it in battle. Perhaps it's a one of a kind Pokemon that you can't encounter in the wild, and it can't breed at all.

I'm probably guessing that after Team Skull stops doing evil deeds and the main story is complete, Gladion will give you Type: Null as a gift. Being a gift Pokemon would further imply that only one Type: Null was ever created, and you will never encounter another one, even at the battle facilities.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm still kind of curious about how Type: Null will play out. It's an artificial Pokemon, probably created by Team Skull, considering that Gladion uses it in battle. Perhaps it's a one of a kind Pokemon that you can't encounter in the wild, and it can't breed at all.

I'm probably guessing that after Team Skull stops doing evil deeds and the main story is complete, Gladion will give you Type: Null as a gift. Being a gift Pokemon would further imply that only one Type: Null was ever created, and you will never encounter another one, even at the battle facilities.
Either created by Team Skull or stolen....

While I'm not going to jump on the 'Aether Foundation is secretly evil' bandwagon...but they do seem like they have the resources to create such a creature, especially if Colress is involved with that organization...

The creation of Type: Null was likely a result of their research of UB's and knowing the threat they pose they probably wanted a pokemon strong enough to take them on, like a Legendary...except Legends are pretty hard to find...so they created this frankenstein Chimera which end up being a bit too powerful to handle thus the mask...and Gladion stole it from them...

That definitely sounds like a possibility for acquiring Type: Null though...Evil teams have done this before after you foil their plans...such as obtaining the Cameruptite or Sharpedonite in ORAS...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Either created by Team Skull or stolen....

While I'm not going to jump on the 'Aether Foundation is secretly evil' bandwagon...but they do seem like they have the resources to create such a creature, especially if Colress is involved with that organization...

The creation of Type: Null was likely a result of their research of UB's and knowing the threat they pose they probably wanted a pokemon strong enough to take them on, like a Legendary...except Legends are pretty hard to find...so they created this frankenstein Chimera which end up being a bit too powerful to handle thus the mask...and Gladion stole it from them...

That definitely sounds like a possibility for acquiring Type: Null though...Evil teams have done this before after you foil their plans...such as obtaining the Cameruptite or Sharpedonite in ORAS...
It's always possible that Type: Null was originally designed by the Aether Foundation, but Team Skull stole the plans, and made huge adjustments to Type: Null for their own selfish ambitions. My best guess is that the Aether Foundation planned to design Type: Null to be a "defense" against mythical entities that could pose a threat to the Pokemon world, such as the mysterious UB-01.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I have that feeling that type null is going to be that kind of Pokemon that can change its type.. namely because of how the name is and part of the summary of type Null being able to adapt to any situation..

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
There is this interesting theory that Type: Null is in reality Marshadow, created to absorbs the power of Solgaleo and Lunala (like an eclipse or shadow). That thing around is neck is what contains his real power like the red chain. The theory is more detailed than this and I don't have much time to explain it now.
Another interesting thing that quite sold me on this theory is that the italian name for Type: Null name is "Tipo Zero" (literally Type Zero). This is the only name in the history of the franchise we translate and don't adopt from english, so it makes me think it is not his real name.
But hey, that just a theory!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have that feeling that type null is going to be that kind of Pokemon that can change its type.. namely because of how the name is and part of the summary of type Null being able to adapt to any situation..
Type: Null doesn't get the Multitype ability though, and that ability is exclusive to Arceus.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Type: Null doesn't get the Multitype ability though, and that ability is exclusive to Arceus.
It's not in the same method as Arceus but something similar to Rotom the only difference is the type changes with masks and type: Null doesn't take control of something..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has it been confirmed if he's a legendary or not? He could have an unbound/ unmasked form

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Has it been confirmed if he's a legendary or not? He could have an unbound/ unmasked form
I don't think it is a Legendary pokemon seeing as a team Skull member has it and there has never been a Legendary pokemon held by an evil team member not counting the Shadow pokemon of XD and Colosseum..

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't think it is a Legendary pokemon seeing as a team Skull member has it and there has never been a Legendary pokemon held by an evil team member not counting the Shadow pokemon of XD and Colosseum..
N had Reshiram/Zekrom beeteedubs...

I think it will be considered Legendary though...especially if there's only one of it...

genderless and literally created to have power that rivals pokemon spoken of in myths...

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
N had Reshiram/Zekrom beeteedubs...

I think it will be considered Legendary though...especially if there's only one of it...

genderless and literally created to have power that rivals pokemon spoken of in myths...
wasn't there a Picture of Gladeon having a Type: Null? I remember seeing it but I can't find it.. Forgot about him because G5 :lol:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
wasn't there a Picture of Gladeon having a Type: Null? I remember seeing it but I can't find it.. Forgot about him because G5 :lol:
You can see him use it in the Japanese reveal trailer...

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You can see him use it in the Japanese reveal trailer...
Ah I checked the English trailer and that other trailer that was released a few days after but didn't see it. But the English trailer did show Type: Null without a Trainer while Gladeon had one in the trailer you posted.. if it was a legendary there shouldn't be one in the wild and one with a trainer.. my assumption is that it's going to be like Porygon but more evenly balanced with its stats minus its speed because the mask is said to hinder it's speed..

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright, I have another theory. This one goes off something I posted on Reddit the other day, and it might explain why a couple of the leaked starter designs are as divisive as they are.

Okay, so to paraphrase: The Alola starters--plus Rockruff--may be symbolizing the four Classical elements. Litten is fire, Popplio is water, Rowlet is air (which is why it's part Flying in its base form, the second starter ever to start off dual-typed and the first since Gen 1's weirdness, as well as possibly being a nod to how the Chinese wood element includes wind), and Rockruff is earth. The Aether Foundation and its name basically confirms that there's a far reaching alchemy motif going on here, to the point where the design team may have dug deep under the surface for ideas.

Well, while I was looking around and doing research for the thread, I stumbled across this:

Apparently the elements of fire and air were associated with the masculine, and water and earth with the feminine.

Now look back at the leaked starter evolutions. Litten ends up big and tough and boiling over with testosterone. Popplio's outright feminine appearance has drawn some backlash, and it was the biggest reason there were people doubting the leaks prior to last month. Rowlet has the fewest complaints--while its design is kinda masculine, it's in a more subdued way since it's built around coolness rather than toughness--but this is mainly about the other two.

What if this is why Litten and Popplio's final forms are the way they are? What if they're knowingly matching them up with the gender their corresponding elements were associated with?

And if this is true, does this mean Rockruff's evolution is going to be mildly feminine?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ah I checked the English trailer and that other trailer that was released a few days after but didn't see it. But the English trailer did show Type: Null without a Trainer while Gladeon had one in the trailer you posted.. if it was a legendary there shouldn't be one in the wild and one with a trainer.. my assumption is that it's going to be like Porygon but more evenly balanced with its stats minus its speed because the mask is said to hinder it's speed..
Odds are, Type: Null may actually be a fast Pokemon with a base speed value of 120 or higher, since it did attack before Alakazam in the trailer. Of course, what we don't know is if it used an increased priority attack or not.

Also, trailer footage isn't necessarily final.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Topu koko or w/e was shown with a trainer and it's legendary

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Odds are, Type: Null may actually be a fast Pokemon with a base speed value of 120 or higher, since it did attack before Alakazam in the trailer. Of course, what we don't know is if it used an increased priority attack or not.

Also, trailer footage isn't necessarily final.
It might be priority since the information on the site says that the mask reduces Type: Null's speed but the only way we will find out is in November..
Topu koko or w/e was shown with a trainer and it's legendary
The circumstances of the battle is different since Topukoko wanted to test the trainer at the time iirc I don't think it was "owned" by the Kahuna because of their traditions but could have followed his instructions just for that battle..

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't think Tapu Koko was outright used by Hala...

Gladion on the website was mentioned to have Type: Null as his partner pokemon, while Tapu Koko isn't mentioned to be used on Hala's team...only that the Kahuna's are chosen by the respective Guardian deities on each island...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This gen is mixing a lot of things up, I don't think it's unreasonable.

Besides, Type: Null has to have SOMETHING special about it. It's a fairly boring pokemon otherwise

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It might be priority since the information on the site says that the mask reduces Type: Null's speed but the only way we will find out is in November..
For all we know, the helmet may reduce Type: Null's speed, but not by too much. There have been some unusual Pokedex entries, such as with Escavalier, where its Black version entry states that it moves at a high speed when it's actually a very slow Pokemon with a base speed value of only 20.

Similarly, Purugly is rather fast for a Pokemon who looks overweight.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
COROCORO HAS FINALLY BEEN LEAKED :b:

Serebii said:
The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them.
The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Midday Form when bathed in the rays of the sun and when full of the night's power, it becomes the Midnight Form. No types or further details have been given
There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion.
10:41: In the scan, it shows UB02 Expansion appearing in Pokémon Sun, facing off against Tapu Koko and UB02 Beauty facing off against Tapu Koko in Pokémon Moon.
10:45: It also states that UB01's name is a mystery but may have a deep meaning
10:58: It also reveals that it will show the true strength of the new Pokémon, Type: Null, during its next issue We'll bring more as it comes
The midday version looks better than the night version imo :lol:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
150px-Sun_Moon_Lusamine.png Screenshot_44.png So, is it just me, or are these two really similar like UB-01 and Lillie seem to be?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's also some information for the Sun & Moon arc of the TV series. It appears that Ash will head to the Alola region with just his Pikachu, which likely means that he'll be parting ways with Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie before the XYZ series comes to an end.

View attachment 117716 View attachment 117717 So, is it just me, or are these two really similar like UB-01 and Lillie seem to be?
They do. Does that mean she'll turn into the cockroach lady?

There's also some information for the Sun & Moon arc of the TV series. It appears that Ash will head to the Alola region with just his Pikachu, which likely means that he'll be parting ways with Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie before the XYZ series comes to an end.
This probably causes another angry reaction from the fanbase.

COROCORO HAS FINALLY BEEN LEAKED :b:

The midday version looks better than the night version imo :lol:
I personally find the day version boring... I'm not sure will I use either.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
View attachment 117716 View attachment 117717 So, is it just me, or are these two really similar like UB-01 and Lillie seem to be?
It's probably just coincidental right now, since I can't think of anyone who would resemble UB02 Expansion. Also, UB02 Beauty is exclusive to Pokemon Moon, based on the details that we've gotten.

This probably causes another angry reaction from the fanbase.
To add to this, Ash will apparently be going to school, which ends the typical challenge gym leaders and compete in the Pokemon League routine. This further proves that the Alola region does not have gyms, and instead, you'll have to conquer the island challenges. What we don't know is what will happen after you've managed to complete all of the island challenges.

Last edited:
To add to this, Ash will apparently be going to school, which ends the typical challenge gym leaders and compete in the Pokemon League routine. This further proves that the Alola region does not have gyms, and instead, you'll have to conquer the island challenges. What we don't know is what will happen after all you've managed to complete all of the island challenges.
I have a feeling this school thing will mean another reset to him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a feeling this school thing will mean another reset to him.
Team Rocket does come back though, most likely continuing their goal of stealing Ash's Pikachu, along with some other rare Pokemon.

In regards to Ash parting ways with Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie, the following may be the most likely reasons...
  1. Clemont is the Lumiose gym leader, so he has to stay to keep the Lumiose gym in order.
  2. Serena wants to continue her dream of becoming the next Kalos Queen, and that can't be achieved outside of the Kalos region.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Saw it right away, like UB-01 to Lillie the similarities are rather uncanny...the thing literally has the same pose as her too...

I'm a bit underwhelmed by what was revealed if I'm being honest...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the two scans that show Lugarugan and its Midday (page 1) and Midnight (page 2) forms.

corocoro1.jpg corocoro2.jpg

Lugarugan's Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon revealed thus far. I really like the design: simple yet awesome at the same time. Not a big fan of the Midnight Form. I'm glad I'm getting to Sun to boost my chances of getting the Midday Form. Hopefully it will gain some good stats and typing.

Here's the scan that shows the anime news.

corocoro6.jpg

Looks like Ash will befriend the Grass, Water, and Electric Trial captains as well as Lillie. The art style looks a bit funny, but it does fit the bright and cheery atmosphere of Alola. Hopefully, Ash keeps his level of maturity from the XY/XY&Z series, because that is the most likable Ash has ever been.

I've noticed that too. Makes me wonder who UB-02 Expansion will be based on since there is no character that resembles it at the moment.

1. Serena wants to continue her dream of becoming the next Kalos Queen, and that can't be achieved outside of the Kalos region.
Serena's dream of becoming the next Kalos Queen is still up in the air at the moment. Palermo gave Serena her business card so that if she ever decided to pursue her dream of becoming Kalos Queen, she can contact Palermo to train with her. Her main reason why she didn't accept the offer right away is because she wants to travel with Ash. There's a chance that she might still want to travel with Ash for the Alola region because of how she turned down Palermo's offer, and maybe Alola will have its version of Showcases for her to get interested in once she explores the region.

Though with the lack of Serena on that CoroCoro scan, I'm starting to doubt she will return for the Sun and Moon anime. More information about the upcoming show will be revealed this Thursday once the one hour finale to the Team Flare arc will air (it was confirmed a few days ago that a "big announcement" about the anime will be revealed around that time, and now we know what they were referring to), so maybe they could still reveal Serena there, but I'm still doubtful at the moment.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So in Sun and Moon we have:
  • Ultra Beasts who don't (yet) have types or even a full name.
  • Alolan forms of Gen 1 Pokes
  • Pokemon that don't follow typical naming patterns (see Type:Null)
  • Pokemon that are Island Guardian Pokemon
  • Totem Pokemon
  • Z moves
  • More Pokemon than ever that changes forms (orionoco whatever and the sardine poke)
  • New moves
  • Tons of new abilities
  • New type combinations (ice/fairy, ice/steel, dragon/normal, etc)
  • Seeming absence of gym leaders
  • Battle Royale
  • RotomPad
  • Probably other things

They are really focusing on getting new stuff into the game. November will be a very interesting month and we even haven't even considered this silly election coming up.

Top Bottom