• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
My top five Pokémon from each gen.

1: Gengar, Blastoise, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Sandslash
2: Heracross, Houndoom, Crobat, Feraligatr, Slowking
3: Gardevoir, Blaziken, Breloom, Groudon, Sharpedo
4: Mamoswine, Magnezone, Lucario, Dusknoir, Drifblim
5: Zoroark, Zekrom, Krookodile, Meloetta, Emboar
6: Aegislash, Greninja, Hawlucha, Hoopa, Tyrantrum

:094:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ended up going with five as well just to cover most generations better:

1: Blastoise, Arbok, Raichu, Kabutops, Mew
2: Feraligatr, Ampharos, Scizor, Raikou, Lugia
3: Manectric, Cradily, Anorith, Milotic, Salamence
4: Torterra, Luxray, Lucario, Yanmega, Gliscor
5: Krookodile, Escavalier, Galvantula, Hydreigon, Zekrom
6: Greninja, Pyroar, Heliolisk, Tyrantrum, Noivern
7: Litten, Rockruff, Saladit, Oricorio, Tapu Koko

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Chandelure gets less love now its Hidden Ability isn't Shadow Tag but it's still pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shadow Tag is an illegal ability for Chandelure anyway, so it's not like it could be used in the 5th generation.

Anyway, I am kind of curious about if the Alola Guardian Deities will be treated as legendaries. They wouldn't be uber ranked, but be more compared to the normal legendary trios, such as the birds, beasts, golems, pixies, and musketeers.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Chandelure gets less love now its Hidden Ability isn't Shadow Tag but it's still pretty sweet.
Man, that thing was so broken when Smogon allowed all the DW ability, I used it in all my teams on Pokémon Online lol

Anyway, I am kind of curious about if the Alola Guardian Deities will be treated as legendaries. They wouldn't be uber ranked, but be more compared to the normal legendary trios, such as the birds, beasts, golems, pixies, and musketeers.
580 base stats is the most likely, just like every trio/quartet in the games.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Shadow Tag is an illegal ability for Chandelure anyway, so it's not like it could be used in the 5th generation.

You could use it in certain online formats that were effectively Anything Goes (alongside stuff like Soul Dew that hadn't been released) - it was extremely useful in Ubers, as Scarf Chandelure could trap and KO tons of different things. Overheat and Shadow Ball were standard and I also ran Hidden Power Rock (for Ho-oh) and Curse (for Moody, Baton Pass, and last Pokemon stat uppers).

And I imagine they'll be this generations legendary trio.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Overheat's penalty on the special attack stat can be a problem for a special sweeper without a White Herb or any status moves that boost the special attack stat. I know that Chandelure can learn Calm Mind, but if it was able to learn Nasty Plot, it could completely neutralize the 2 stage special attack drop in just one turn.

Sadly, I'm not expecting anyone who's not native to Alola to gain any new moves in Sun and Moon. If the 6th generation has anything to say, any new level-up moves that were introduced in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were pretty much limited to just the Hoenn region Pokemon, with Hoopa being the only exception with its Unbound state.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Overheat's penalty on the special attack stat can be a problem for a special sweeper without a White Herb or any status moves that boost the special attack stat. I know that Chandelure can learn Calm Mind, but if it was able to learn Nasty Plot, it could completely neutralize the 2 stage special attack drop in just one turn.

Sadly, I'm not expecting anyone who's not native to Alola to gain any new moves in Sun and Moon. If the 6th generation has anything to say, any new level-up moves that were introduced in OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire were pretty much limited to just the Hoenn region Pokemon, with Hoopa being the only exception with its Unbound state.
They weren't limited to just Hoenn region Pokemon. Mismagius and a few others got mystical Fire, water Shuriken, and Spiky Shield respectively which they didn't get in G6 until ORAS..
one move I would like to see expanded on though is powder. It has potential to be a useful move but it was only given to Vivilion, and Sketchy (Smeargle).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They weren't limited to just Hoenn region Pokemon. Mismagius and a few others got mystical Fire, water Shuriken, and Spiky Shield respectively which they didn't get in G6 until ORAS..
one move I would like to see expanded on though is powder. It has potential to be a useful move but it was only given to Vivilion, and Sketchy (Smeargle).
That did slip my mind after I made my last post. I probably should've rephrased what I said before, since I did mention Accelgor and Water Shuriken a couple posts back.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Notable Pokemon that got new moves in the 6th Generation include Entei which got Sacred Fire (which was a godsend) and Flareon, which got Flare Blitz (even more a godsend; actually usable now). It's certainly not out of the question for Pokemon from past games/generations to be updated with a few new moves here and there.

In other examples, Pokemon like Blastoise got Aura Sphere, but through Egg Moves.

With this in mind, I really hope Pyroar gets Nasty Plot or something (most likely through a new Pokemon getting Nasty Plot being in the same egg group as Pyroar, similar to how Blastoise gets Aura Sphere from Clawitzer). I love Pyroar but it just fails to stand out in reality. Nasty Plot would give it at least something to compete with other Pokemon for the spot on a team.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I: Cloyster, Dragonite, Jolteon
II: Blissey, Scizor, Tyranitar
III: Breloom, Metagross, Vibrava
IV: Rhyperior, Garchomp, Infernape
V: Hydreigon, Volcarona, Haxorus
VI: Trevanent, Yvelta, Talonflame
VII: Crabrawler, Tapu Koko, Bruxish

There is a possibility of non-native pokemon getting new moves this gen.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Notable Pokemon that got new moves in the 6th Generation include Entei which got Sacred Fire (which was a godsend) and Flareon, which got Flare Blitz (even more a godsend; actually usable now). It's certainly not out of the question for Pokemon from past games/generations to be updated with a few new moves here and there.

In other examples, Pokemon like Blastoise got Aura Sphere, but through Egg Moves.

With this in mind, I really hope Pyroar gets Nasty Plot or something (most likely through a new Pokemon getting Nasty Plot being in the same egg group as Pyroar, similar to how Blastoise gets Aura Sphere from Clawitzer). I love Pyroar but it just fails to stand out in reality. Nasty Plot would give it at least something to compete with other Pokemon for the spot on a team.
Imo Pyroar is going to need a better ability it can use better as well.. unless you plan on using it as a mixed attacker with Moxie but with Np it'll probably not be as effective to Make it mixed unless you're going up against AV Pokemon like Goodra or Florges (mostly Goodra since Florges shouldn't be AVed because Wish and movepool..)

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I will also join in with listing favourite Pokemon from each generation. I'll do 6 each, so like a team of 6 for each generation.

I: Gengar, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Gyarados, Blastoise.
II: Feraligatr, Steelix, Crobat, Raikou, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh.
III: Milotic, Ludicolo, Salamence, Swampert, Gardevoir, Metagross.
IV: Garchomp, Lucario, Empoleon, Roserade, Honchkrow, Togekiss.
V: Krookodile, Samurott, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Eelektross, Reunecleus.
VI: Pyroar, Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, Sylveon, Clawitzer.

Hounerable mentions go out to: Arbok, Tentacruel, Umbreon, Noctowl, Staraptor, Tangrowth, Gallade and Ferrothorn.

My favourite Pokemon in general are:

Feraligatr, Gengar, Steelix, Garchomp, Lucario, Dragonite.

I don't see how people can choose their favourite Pokemon from Gen 7 now, not when we haven't seen everything, or even had chance to use things unexpectedly and see them grow on us etc. For example, I only recently realised how much I enjoy Tangrowth. Ask me a year or so earlier, and I'd have had no feelings for it what-so-ever. I will say though that even up to now, Popplio is really interesting to me. I just have a soft spot for the Water type starters... heck, Water types in general.

---
Imo Pyroar is going to need a better ability it can use better as well.. unless you plan on using it as a mixed attacker with Moxie but with Np it'll probably not be as effective to Make it mixed unless you're going up against AV Pokemon like Goodra or Florges (mostly Goodra since Florges shouldn't be AVed because Wish and movepool..)
I agree that Pyroar needs more, and a better ability would also be great, but something like Nasty Plot would make a hella good start. It has like, no useful boosting moves in it's arsenal, so you are basically stuck with the sub-par power and speed you get out of the tin.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would definitely be good if Mewtwo manages to get Close Combat, because Mega Mewtwo X is rather disappointing with its lack of strong STABbed physical attacks; at best, it gets Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt, Brick Break, Drain Punch, and Low Kick, but three of the attacks can only be learned from a move tutor.

Sure, Low Kick is powerful against heavy targets, but it's not so effective against lighter Pokemon like Blissey, and is very pitiful against Jirachi. Close Combat would ensure that Mega Mewtwo X can strike hard, regardless of how heavy its target is.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will also join in with listing favourite Pokemon from each generation. I'll do 6 each, so like a team of 6 for each generation.

I: Gengar, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Gyarados, Blastoise.
II: Feraligatr, Steelix, Crobat, Raikou, Tyranitar, Ho-Oh.
III: Milotic, Ludicolo, Salamence, Swampert, Gardevoir, Metagross.
IV: Garchomp, Lucario, Empoleon, Roserade, Honchkrow, Togekiss.
V: Krookodile, Samurott, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Eelektross, Reunecleus.
VI: Pyroar, Greninja, Talonflame, Noivern, Sylveon, Clawitzer.

Hounerable mentions go out to: Arbok, Tentacruel, Umbreon, Noctowl, Staraptor, Tangrowth, Gallade and Ferrothorn.

My favourite Pokemon in general are:

Feraligatr, Gengar, Steelix, Garchomp, Lucario, Dragonite.

I don't see how people can choose their favourite Pokemon from Gen 7 now, not when we haven't seen everything, or even had chance to use things unexpectedly and see them grow on us etc. For example, I only recently realised how much I enjoy Tangrowth. Ask me a year or so earlier, and I'd have had no feelings for it what-so-ever. I will say though that even up to now, Popplio is really interesting to me. I just have a soft spot for the Water type starters... heck, Water types in general.

---

I agree that Pyroar needs more, and a better ability would also be great, but something like Nasty Plot would make a hella good start. It has like, no useful boosting moves in it's arsenal, so you are basically stuck with the sub-par power and speed you get out of the tin.
I don't really actively use all my favorite Pokémon.

I just like them mostly because how they look

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118

Overheat's stat drop didn't matter at all on Shadow Tag Chandelure because you didn't use it to sweep. You just used it to trap and nuke things, as it would always be forced out by whatever the opponent sent in after regardless. Moves with less power were useless. You can trap Extremekiller Arceus and OHKO with Overheat in the sun after only a little prior damage. The drop in power of any other move Chandelure could use meant it wasn't sufficient - sure, you'd deal a huge amount of damage to the Arceus, but it would still OHKO you right after and almost likely at least heavily damage your next check with a +2 Extremespeed.

Chandelure was never the sweeper in Dream World Ubers. Despite hitting like a truck in the sun with Overheat, it didn't have the power otherwise to sweep a team, and more importantly it didn't have the bulk for it.

I'm not sure how useful it would still be in Ubers nowadays if it still had Shadow Tag. It would still be a great stop to Extremekiller, but it wouldn't be as terrifying to Groudon now that he has a fire resistance in his primal form. More than anything else it would give free setup opportunities for Geomancy Xerneas nowadays, whereas a single turn in Ubers never used to be quite so scary.

I fully expect non-alolan Pokemon to get some moveset tweaks here and there; they did in Gen VI even to Pokemon who weren't receiving a stat boost, mega or type retcon as they gave Milotic a couple of new moves (Coil being the one I remember) in X and Y, not ORAS.

On the topic of adjusting Pokemon's movesets, if you could give a single move to various Pokemon to buff them, what would it be? My thoughts:

Groudon - Morning Sun - Because it's not OP enough without this completely obvious instant recovery
Blastoise / Clawitzer - Origin Pulse (Yes, it gets boosted by Mega Launcher so it gives them a 165 BP STAB move)
Drapion - Storm Throw - Finally, the Sniper ability gets a use, and Drapion gets something to use against Steel types!
Milotic - Calm Mind, because why doesn't it have it already?

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just want a Grass/Psychic Jynx with a coconut bra...make it happen, Game Freak.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So predictions for tomorrow? I'm thinking 3 Alola forms,evolutions/prevolutions to Alolan pokemon and maybe the Starter Evos. As well as the last big feature the Riddle leaker mentioned.

So predictions for tomorrow? I'm thinking 3 Alola forms,evolutions/prevolutions to Alolan pokemon and maybe the Starter Evos. As well as the last big feature the Riddle leaker mentioned.
I'm predicting the
Rugby Monkey and Snowman Pokemon,
some Alolan forms (Alolan Raticate maybe?) and possibly the starter evos.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm hoping they will give more information than 1 new Pokemon or Alolan form. Hopefully the starters, Alolan Persian (and more fairy Pokemon :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Overheat's stat drop didn't matter at all on Shadow Tag Chandelure because you didn't use it to sweep. You just used it to trap and nuke things, as it would always be forced out by whatever the opponent sent in after regardless. Moves with less power were useless. You can trap Extremekiller Arceus and OHKO with Overheat in the sun after only a little prior damage. The drop in power of any other move Chandelure could use meant it wasn't sufficient - sure, you'd deal a huge amount of damage to the Arceus, but it would still OHKO you right after and almost likely at least heavily damage your next check with a +2 Extremespeed.

Chandelure was never the sweeper in Dream World Ubers. Despite hitting like a truck in the sun with Overheat, it didn't have the power otherwise to sweep a team, and more importantly it didn't have the bulk for it.

I'm not sure how useful it would still be in Ubers nowadays if it still had Shadow Tag. It would still be a great stop to Extremekiller, but it wouldn't be as terrifying to Groudon now that he has a fire resistance in his primal form. More than anything else it would give free setup opportunities for Geomancy Xerneas nowadays, whereas a single turn in Ubers never used to be quite so scary.

I fully expect non-alolan Pokemon to get some moveset tweaks here and there; they did in Gen VI even to Pokemon who weren't receiving a stat boost, mega or type retcon as they gave Milotic a couple of new moves (Coil being the one I remember) in X and Y, not ORAS.

On the topic of adjusting Pokemon's movesets, if you could give a single move to various Pokemon to buff them, what would it be? My thoughts:

Groudon - Morning Sun - Because it's not OP enough without this completely obvious instant recovery
Blastoise / Clawitzer - Origin Pulse (Yes, it gets boosted by Mega Launcher so it gives them a 165 BP STAB move)
Drapion - Storm Throw - Finally, the Sniper ability gets a use, and Drapion gets something to use against Steel types!
Milotic - Calm Mind, because why doesn't it have it already?
Yes, Blastoise needs a boost

How about making some new pulse moves for him as well

Ice pulse or thunder pulse

Rock pulse, earth pulse

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I predict a couple Alola forms and probably one new pokemon. I'm holding out hope for Alolan Jigglypuff, but what will happen next is completely up in the air.

Also, is it possible we may see the mid-evolutions for the starters soon? I don't know what's the norm for those, lol.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yes, Blastoise needs a boost

How about making some new pulse moves for him as well

Ice pulse or thunder pulse

Rock pulse, earth pulse
What I don't get is why Water Pulse's base power is 60, while all the other pulse attacks have a base power of 80 or higher. I get that Mega Launcher makes Water Pulse stronger, but keeping Water Pulse as weak at it is right now really isn't an excuse when Mega Sharpedo can get away with a 180 base power Crunch.

If Water Pulse's base power is increased to 80, then there would be no excuse for not giving it to Mega Blastoise (and Clawitzer), as it would pack a bigger punch than what Scald can pull off.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also, is it possible we may see the mid-evolutions for the starters soon? I don't know what's the norm for those, lol.
Mid-evolutions are usually revealed closer to the games' release. The XY starter mid-evolutions were revealed one month before XY released worldwide, while the Black and White starter mid-evolutions were revealed the month BW came out in Japan.

With two months left until Sun and Moon, I'd say tomorrow is a good possibility for when the middle evolutions will be revealed. It would even fit a pattern where the middle evolutions are revealed two months in advance of release compared to one month in advance for XY and the month of release for BW (a 2, 1, 0 pattern so to speak). If it won't be this month, I think it'll be far more likely that the middle evolutions will be revealed sometime in October.

As for final starter evolutions, those are usually revealed around the month the games are released.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh man that was the hypest trailer yet! and Ub 01 is connected to Lilie!

EDIT:

Cutiefly evolution spotted:
Screenshot (236).png

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
To say I'm underwhelmed would be putting it extremely lightly.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And we get more questions with this reveal.. what are these Ultra beasts? Man-made Pokemon? Type: Null looks like it'll change its type by an unown means..

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
What? Why?
Because I wanted interesting information.

1) Type: Null - for a second I thought we were getting another new type as opposed to a Pokemon that looks kinda cool with a mess of a name and no other standout characteristic.

2) Jangmo-O - looks awful. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

3) Alolan Raticate - basically nothing new here whatsoever. Plus I've gone sour on alolan forms lately and am beginning to wish they weren't a thing at all.

4) Sun/Moon time difference - a boring gimmick that's going to mean you can't set your own ingame time. Way to mess up that mechanic, Game Freak!

5) Aether Foundation - OK? I'm not massively bothered either way and don't watch these trailers for the human NPCs.

6) Zygarde Cells - Oh, you collect these? Thanks for this info that's been completely obvious from the moment they were revealed a long time ago.

7) UB01 - Honestly the phrase "Ultra Beast" has completely turned me sour. The only hope I have left for this as well as the others that these are codename rather than Pokedex names (see: XD001) and that the "Ultra Beasts" is just some crappy story mechanic that won't carry over further.

I'm sour on all of these new gameplay mechanic ideas; I don't like Z-moves either (e.g. I'd much rather they just give Snorlax a cool new signature move).

Things I'd actually be excited about?

1) New Pokemon without catches or gimmicks

2) Meaningful changes to gameplay (such as rebalancing the godawful type chart). For a developer who neutered instant weather as soon as it evidently became broken, I can't believe they've sat on Ice, Grass and Rock types this long and not thought there was something seriously wrong.

3) Previous Gen Pokemon if it means interesting changes to them rather than dull copies attempting to cash in on Nostalgia.

I just wish the games would fix the previous ones whilst adding new Pokemon into the mix - because let's face it, the storyline amounts to a tiny fraction of the time spent playing these games.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Hmm... Yungoos and Gumshoos are only active during the day... Alolan Ratatata and Raticate are only active during the night... Both versions only take place during certain times of the day... Looks like these guys might be version exclusives actually.

Edit: NVM misunderstood how the time works. It's still possible they could be exclusives though.

:094:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did they confirm you can't set your time or did they just say the games take place 12 hours apart?

I imagine the meaning behind that is when it's 5 pm in IRL, pokemon sun displays the game as it's 5 pm while pokemon moon will display the game as it's 5 am

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

1) Type: Null - for a second I thought we were getting another new type as opposed to a Pokemon that looks kinda cool with a mess of a name and no other standout characteristic.

3) Alolan Raticate - basically nothing new here whatsoever. Plus I've gone sour on alolan forms lately and am beginning to wish they weren't a thing at all.

4) Sun/Moon time difference - a boring gimmick that's going to mean you can't set your own ingame time. Way to mess up that mechanic, Game Freak!

5) Aether Foundation - OK? I'm not massively bothered either way and don't watch these trailers for the human NPCs.

6) Zygarde Cells - Oh, you collect these? Thanks for this info that's been completely obvious from the moment they were revealed a long time ago.

7) UB01 - Honestly the phrase "Ultra Beast" has completely turned me sour. The only hope I have left for this as well as the others that these are codename rather than Pokedex names (see: XD001) and that the "Ultra Beasts" is just some crappy story mechanic that won't carry over further.

I'm sour on all of these new gameplay mechanic ideas; I don't like Z-moves either (e.g. I'd much rather they just give Snorlax a cool new signature move).

2) Meaningful changes to gameplay (such as rebalancing the godawful type chart). For a developer who neutered instant weather as soon as it evidently became broken, I can't believe they've sat on Ice, Grass and Rock types this long and not thought there was something seriously wrong.

3) Previous Gen Pokemon if it means interesting changes to them rather than dull copies attempting to cash in on Nostalgia.

I just wish the games would fix the previous ones whilst adding new Pokemon into the mix - because let's face it, the storyline amounts to a tiny fraction of the time spent playing these games.

Fair enough. I Imagine next month on Corocoro will focus on those. This update was to get some noteworthy things out of the way.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I, for one welcome our new edgelord Ghirahim Gladion...

Jangmo-o looks so damn adorable I want it on my team!!

Type: Null I'm thinking is like a chimeric amalgamation of the guardians of some kind...it was interesting that Gladion was using it in the Japanese trailer...was this a creation by Team Skull? Did they steal it? Did the Aether Foundation create it?

So many questions...

----

As of now my updated Moon Team
Litten
Pikipek
Jangmo-o
Icetales
Salandit
A water type (possibly the Dolphin the now very credible leak suggest)

I've warmed up to Litten's possible wrestling tiger evo though its not what I'd prefer my fire tiger to be...but if it ends up being a dark type that helps...

Rockruff and Mimikyu are very likely candidates for my team also...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have the feeling that Type: Null is another artificial Pokemon created by human hands.

As for the concept of Ultra Beasts, I'm not sure how that will play out. However, there was a Pokemon concept on my mind, which is somewhat based on Smaug, from The Hobbit.

The concept that I had is about an ancient dragon that was heavily feared by people and Pokemon. It mercilessly hunted down just about any Pokemon, and was also known for eating humans. This cruel behavior eventually caused the humans to pray for the legendary Pokemon to come and stop the threat. The call was heard, and the legendary Pokemon, alongside Arceus, fought against the ancient dragon. The battle was brutal, but in the end, the ancient dragon was defeated, and the world was finally saved from its evil grasp.

Fossils of this ancient dragon can be found at the Alola history museum, but because of its dark history with humans and Pokemon, the scientists refuse to resurrect it, fearing that it would lead to destruction if it ever got resurrected. As a result, they categorized the dragon as an Ultra Beast.

It's also unclear how long this ancient beast has lived, as there were no records of it living at the same time as the prehistoric Pokemon like Omanyte, Kabuto, and Aerodactyl. One theory is that it's an alien species that came to the Pokemon world in search for food.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I'm confused. Thoughs on Pokemon.

Type: Null looks like a monstruosity from MOTHER 3. Worst name ever.
Jangmo-o: Looks silly.
Alola Raticate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0jOG_fV2Y0 I'm done.
Time gimmick: Doesn't sound good on practice, on theme it is alright.
Am I the only one who thinks Aether foundation are the real bad guys and Team Skull are just some disrespectful dudes that want to have fun? Just look at the leader, she looks sinister and her opening line is suspicious. Faba is so Lex Luthor. Wicke's back must hurt as Hell.
Gladion is so Leo from FE Fates.
Zygarde? Not to my interests.
Photos: Pokemon Snap meets 2016. Decent.
What the devil are Ultra Beasts?

Top Bottom