• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's a direct coming, so that might give us our next batch of info.

Also here's something interesting:

http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/30/rumor-loboxter-coming-pokemon-sun-moon/

Threads focused on this are being out right deleted. Not archived, but deleted. Which makes this rumor interesting. 4chan just had two heavily replied threads on this disappear. Probably still fake but that's interesting to note. The rock tiki is really creative as it looks like the tiki statues The crab looks neat to and like a logical crabrawler equivalent.

And the snowman is pretty creative. Reminds me of the Reddit logo though.
:laugh:

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm in the camp hoping for that rumour to be false, mostly because I can't do with another cool Pokemon design being let down by being an otherwise boring Fighting type.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wouldn't think too much about the deletion as users can delete the thread themselves, so it could just be him trying to look credible. Plus if it was TCPi being on the hunt, they would've also hit the rumor (the artleaka one) that this guy is trying to piggyback off of and yet I can still find it pretty easily, hell, they didn't even touch the leaks with those videos despite being actual footage taken from them.

I can believe the artleaka rumor, but I feel this guy is just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame off of it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I wouldn't think too much about the deletion as users can delete the thread themselves, so it could just be him trying to look credible. Plus if it was TCPi being on the hunt, they would've also hit the rumor (the artleaka one) that this guy is trying to piggyback off of and yet I can still find it pretty easily, hell, they didn't even touch the leaks with those videos despite being actual footage taken from them.

I can believe the artleaka rumor, but I feel this guy is just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame off of it.
There's also the logic of GF or Nintendo not actively looking for Leaks because it would make it look suspicious to the Fandom if they forcibly removed it.. it would be better for them to not acknowledge them and hope they fade out and unclear

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
There's a direct coming, so that might give us our next batch of info.

Also here's something interesting:

http://pokejungle.net/2016/08/30/rumor-loboxter-coming-pokemon-sun-moon/

Threads focused on this are being out right deleted. Not archived, but deleted. Which makes this rumor interesting. 4chan just had two heavily replied threads on this disappear. Probably still fake but that's interesting to note. The rock tiki is really creative as it looks like the tiki statues The crab looks neat to and like a logical crabrawler equivalent.

And the snowman is pretty creative. Reminds me of the Reddit logo though.
:laugh:
That Crabrawler counterpart gives me Dudley vibes. I don't know which I like more. The snowman looks cute, and the tiki looks pretty cool.

Considering the timing this leak was posted, I'd say these could be the Pokemon that might be revealed in the possible new Sun and Moon trailer during this Thursday's Nintendo Direct. We'll see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wouldn't think too much about the deletion as users can delete the thread themselves, so it could just be him trying to look credible.
Not all websites give users the authority to delete their own posts though. Around here, you need a staff member to delete your posts.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
On another subject, I'm rather curious about how Sandygast and Palossand will be handled. I'm not sure if their HP was displayed in any trailers, but I wanted to at least speculate on their base stats...

Sandygast
HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 30
SP ATK: 60
SP DEF: 30
Speed: 20
Total: 310

Palossand
HP: 160
Attack: 110
Defense: 50
SP ATK: 110
SP DEF: 50
Speed: 30
Total: 510

Basically, because Sandygast and Palossand are made out of sand, I would think that they would be very frail defensively. And if their speed is slow as well, that would be a double whammy if Trick Room is not active. But the one note to keep in mind on my speculation is that Sandygast and Palossand could effectively utilize physical and/or special attacks, which would be good if they get attacks like Shadow Ball and Earth Power. Also, the high HP would at least try to compensate for the frail defenses (much like how Wailord's base 170 HP makes up for its base 45 defenses).

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
On another subject, I'm rather curious about how Sandygast and Palossand will be handled. I'm not sure if their HP was displayed in any trailers, but I wanted to at least speculate on their base stats...

Sandygast
HP: 110
Attack: 60
Defense: 30
SP ATK: 60
SP DEF: 30
Speed: 20
Total: 310

Palossand
HP: 160
Attack: 110
Defense: 50
SP ATK: 110
SP DEF: 50
Speed: 30
Total: 510

Basically, because Sandygast and Palossand are made out of sand, I would think that they would be very frail defensively. And if their speed is slow as well, that would be a double whammy if Trick Room is not active. But the one note to keep in mind on my speculation is that Sandygast and Palossand could effectively utilize physical and/or special attacks, which would be good if they get attacks like Shadow Ball and Earth Power. Also, the high HP would at least try to compensate for the frail defenses (much like how Wailord's base 170 HP makes up for its base 45 defenses).
Personally I don't think they'll be very frail...they (at least Palosand) are castles....Castles are meant to be heavily fortified, defensive structures built to keep things out...sure they are Sand castles but still...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally I don't think they'll be very frail...they (at least Palosand) are castles....Castles are meant to be heavily fortified, defensive structures built to keep things out...sure they are Sand castles but still...
That's pretty much the irony, and the frail defenses would keep Water Compaction from being heavily abused; you'd have to be more strategic with it, unlike with Stamina. Sure, I did speculate that Mudsdale would have base 150 HP and base 90 defense, but in Mudsdale's situation, the Stamina ability only raises its defense stat 1 stage when hit by physical attacks.

Water Compaction raises the defense stat 2 stages whenever Palossand is hit by Water-type attacks, so making Palossand's defense too high would make that ability feel too powerful. So instead, it would have high HP, so that if the Water-type attacks are very weak, it would avoid losing half of its HP, and get the defense boosts. Whereas, if the Water-type attacks are stronger, its ability becomes less efficient, as it would be too weak to take advantage of the increased defense if it survives.

Of course, it's only really Accelgor who could help raise Palossand's defenses, since with a Timid nature and a 0 IV value for attack, it would be impossible for Accelgor to take away half of Palossand's HP with Water Shuriken, even if it hits 5 times and scores critical hits.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's pretty much the irony, and the frail defenses would keep Water Compaction from being heavily abused; you'd have to be more strategic with it, unlike with Stamina. Sure, I did speculate that Mudsdale would have base 150 HP and base 90 defense, but in Mudsdale's situation, the Stamina ability only raises its defense stat 1 stage when hit by physical attacks.

Water Compaction raises the defense stat 2 stages whenever Palossand is hit by Water-type attacks, so making Palossand's defense too high would make that ability feel too powerful. So instead, it would have high HP, so that if the Water-type attacks are very weak, it would avoid losing half of its HP, and get the defense boosts. Whereas, if the Water-type attacks are stronger, its ability becomes less efficient, as it would be too weak to take advantage of the increased defense if it survives.

Of course, it's only really Accelgor who could help raise Palossand's defenses, since with a Timid nature and a 0 IV value for attack, it would be impossible for Accelgor to take away half of Palossand's HP with Water Shuriken, even if it hits 5 times and scores critical hits.
That just makes that ability almost useless, its very situational as is especially since its weak to water...
its defenses are raised by two stages instead of one because its only affected by one type whereas Mudsdale gets a boost from every type in the game...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That just makes that ability almost useless, its very situational as is especially since its weak to water...
its defenses are raised by two stages instead of one because its only affected by one type whereas Mudsdale gets a boost from every type in the game...
Still, we've seen how frail Wailord is, and sandcastles are typically more fragile than castles that are made out of sturdier materials.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Let's not compare Water Compaction to Stamina - the latter is simply a much, much better ability.

As with Game Freak's long list of abilities outclassed by other ones though, they do have an eye on the balance and what I'd expect to see is that the Pokemon's stats are balanced around them. Mudsdale is likely to be pretty weak specially to balance his ability, for example - I doubt Stamina will make him difficult to KO, it will just turn him into an excellent physical tank. The best abilities, outside of Megas and things that were always meant to be overpowered, tend to be fairly well distributed amongst weaker Pokemon.

By the same token I expect, because the ability isn't really that good, that Palosand is probably going to turn out to have some pretty strong stats across the board except for speed.

In other things, I've grown fond of Togedemaru. It's definitely one of my favourite looking electric rodents and thanks to its combination of solid typing and ability the first I'm really seriously considering using.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At one point, I've also been pretty curious about Yungoos and Gumshoos. I tried to study the E3 2016 footage in hopes of speculating Yungoos's possible stats, but because each Yungoos fought was always at a lower level than Popplio, I had to reference the stat values that Popplio had to at least get some ideas.

Perhaps the stats could be like the following, but the actual stats will most likely be different from my speculation.

Yungoos
HP: 40
Attack: 70
Defense: 40
SP ATK: 30
SP DEF: 40
Speed: 50
Total: 270

Gumshoos
HP: 70
Attack: 120
Defense: 60
SP ATK: 50
SP DEF: 60
Speed: 70
Total: 430

Also, with access to Strong Jaw, perhaps Yungoos and Gumshoos may gain access to Hyper Fang, which would get the Strong Jaw boost; with Strong Jaw, Hyper Fang would deal more damage than Return, albeit being less accurate.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Direct is in an hour, so time for speculation/wishlists:

1) Alolan forms for non-Gen I Pokemon! There are so many Pokemon who'd really benefit from an extra type and a slight rejig of their stats.

However, if we're having Gen I Pokemon, here's a couple of ideas I'd like to see:

Alolan Koffing/Weezing - Poison / Electric

You can base the idea off of light pollution, and giving these two this secondary type comes at literally no deficit whatsoever thanks to Levitate.

Alolan Electivire - Electric / Fighting (New ability: Iron Fist)

It counts! Even discounting the possibility of taking some of Electivire's unnecessary special attack stat and putting it into Speed, Attack or bulk, this change in type and ability would go along a way towards making this guy viable.

2) Mega Evolutions!

We haven't seen them yet but they seem pretty big especially with the anime so I'd like to see some more. However, desire for Mega Milotic and Mega Arcanine aside, I'd rather they leave Gen I and Gen III alone.

3) Evolutions of previous generation Pokemon!

This was one of my favourite things about Gen IV. Choose your Pokemon wisely and you not only get a great new evolution but you also indirectly buff the existing Pokemon by allowing it Eviolite.

Yeah, I'm pretty much interested in these "meat and bones" sorts of things rather than anything story or region specific.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would actually be nice to see some more mega evolutions if possible, though it's probably doubtful.

Mega Arcanine
Type: Fire/Dragon
Ability: Draconate
HP: 90
Attack: 150 (+40)
Defense: 90 (+10)
SP ATK: 120 (+20)
SP DEF: 90 (+10)
Speed: 115 (+20)
Total: 655 (+100)

Mega Flygon
Type: Ground/Dragon
Ability: Draconate
HP: 80
Attack: 100
Defense: 90 (+10)
SP ATK: 140 (+60)
SP DEF: 90 (+10)
Speed: 120 (+20)
Total: 620 (+100)

Draconate
Normal-type attacks deal 1.3x more damage and become Dragon-type attacks.

Imagine seeing a Dragon-type Extreme Speed, or a Dragon-type Boomburst. This would be a mixed blessing though, as they would be rendered ineffective against Fairy-types.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Direct is in an hour, so time for speculation/wishlists:

1) Alolan forms for non-Gen I Pokemon! There are so many Pokemon who'd really benefit from an extra type and a slight rejig of their stats.

However, if we're having Gen I Pokemon, here's a couple of ideas I'd like to see:

Alolan Koffing/Weezing - Poison / Electric

You can base the idea off of light pollution, and giving these two this secondary type comes at literally no deficit whatsoever thanks to Levitate.

Alolan Electivire - Electric / Fighting (New ability: Iron Fist)

It counts! Even discounting the possibility of taking some of Electivire's unnecessary special attack stat and putting it into Speed, Attack or bulk, this change in type and ability would go along a way towards making this guy viable.

2) Mega Evolutions!

We haven't seen them yet but they seem pretty big especially with the anime so I'd like to see some more. However, desire for Mega Milotic and Mega Arcanine aside, I'd rather they leave Gen I and Gen III alone.

3) Evolutions of previous generation Pokemon!

This was one of my favourite things about Gen IV. Choose your Pokemon wisely and you not only get a great new evolution but you also indirectly buff the existing Pokemon by allowing it Eviolite.

Yeah, I'm pretty much interested in these "meat and bones" sorts of things rather than anything story or region specific.
1):222: Its so weird that Corsola of all mons is one of my most wanted to get Alola forms but the potential on it's own is astounding...Especially if it gets multiple forms like Oricorio...Also Alolan :154::157::160: would be really cool as well (and :249::250:)...
Also...
:085: three-headed Fighting type Moa bird as suggested by some leaks...
:020:Nasty AF Dark type Rat as suggested by some leaks
:078:Water/Ghost Sea Horse...

2)Mega Haxorus please! Dragon/Steel...currently my most wanted Mega...I jsut want it to happen

3) I actually had a thought, imagine if an existing Pokemon was introduced with an Alolan form, but then evolves into a completely new Pokemon...for example if we get an Alolan :206:Normal/Dragon which evolves into Drampa or something...could be reeeally interesting to see for some particular Pokemon...or some could have special Alola baby forms like :131: or something...Alolan Evolutions...
Otherwise other than that there's not much else I'd be interested in...
A dragon type Eeveelution (rip)
Baby Tropius

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I get giving Flygon a ridiculous nuke in Boomburst but I've never been a huge fan of "press to win" things like this. Giving it stats better suited to its more traditional role as a scout and pivot would be much more interesting to me.

1):222: Its so weird that Corsola of all mons is one of my most wanted to get Alola forms but the potential on it's own is astounding...Especially if it gets multiple forms like Oricorio...Also Alolan :154::157::160: would be really cool as well (and :249::250:)...
Also...
:085: three-headed Fighting type Moa bird as suggested by some leaks...
:020:Nasty AF Dark type Rat as suggested by some leaks
:078:Water/Ghost Sea Horse...

2)Mega Haxorus please! Dragon/Steel...currently my most wanted Mega...I jsut want it to happen

3) I actually had a thought, imagine if an existing Pokemon was introduced with an Alolan form, but then evolves into a completely new Pokemon...for example if we get an Alolan :206:Normal/Dragon which evolves into Drampa or something...could be reeeally interesting to see for some particular Pokemon...or some could have special Alola baby forms like :131: or something...Alolan Evolutions...
Otherwise other than that there's not much else I'd be interested in...
A dragon type Eeveelution (rip)
Baby Tropius
Dunsparce to Drampa? I could get behind that. In fact the vast majority of these are things I'd be keen to see, with Ho-oh being the only thing I wouldn't want to see changed (unless they were changing its hidden ability from Regenerator to Magic Guard to break it a little more).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I get giving Flygon a ridiculous nuke in Boomburst but I've never been a huge fan of "press to win" things like this. Giving it stats better suited to its more traditional role as a scout and pivot would be much more interesting to me.
I guess the reason why I made Mega Flygon excel in special attacks is so that Bug Buzz and Boomburst would get some use. It should be noted, however, that Boomburst deals less damage than normal when targeting more than one Pokemon during a double battle or triple battle, so you'd have to switch over to Earth Power when dealing with Pokemon who have a weakness to Ground-type attacks.

And of course, those with the Soundproof ability are immune to Boomburst.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I guess the reason why I made Mega Flygon excel in special attacks is so that Bug Buzz and Boomburst would get some use. It should be noted, however, that Boomburst deals less damage than normal when targeting more than one Pokemon during a double battle or triple battle, so you'd have to switch over to Earth Power when dealing with Pokemon who have a weakness to Ground-type attacks.

And of course, those with the Soundproof ability are immune to Boomburst.
I only really tend to play singles, during which that Boomburst would be a terrifying prospect.

In any respect we only got the least hypeworthy reveal ever in Alolan Rattata, and the confirmation of species exclusive Z-moves with Alolan Raichu (kind of boring) and Snorlax (admittedly pretty funny). I feel pretty confident now saying that Ash-Greninja's an example of this, as has been speculated for a while now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In addition to Z moves and alolan Ratata today, it's been confirmed that the next batch of news comes September 6!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Alolan rattata...why. I think this further confirms a leak from earlier though.

Can we talk about how Dark/Normal is a terrible typing? xD

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Basically confirmed that every new gimmick in Gen 6 is exclusive to Gen 1 Pokemon. Yey.....

Weak offensively and defensively to everything relevant ignoring the fact that Rattata's stats are trash? The abilities are trash as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You are immune to Ghost-type attacks, but a having a 4x weakness against Fighting-type attacks isn't very good. On the other hand, a STABbed Sucker Punch is often a welcome sight.

The Alolan Rattata does make me wonder what the Alolan Raticate will look like though.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
The immunity to Ghost type is pretty meaningless given that Dark already resists it though - there isn't any Ghost type move with sufficiently good distribution and base power to threaten the vast majority of Dark types anyway.

The only types I'd argue are really helped by having a secondary Normal typing are Psychic and Ghost. Oddly enough I've never thought it was a bad type to have on its own for a defensive Pokemon though due to its singular weakness - and Fighting is a highly telegraphed type anyway; if you're not a Fighting type and getting STAB then the chances are you've probably opted for Earthquake over it to cover Rock/Steel types due to Earthquake being the best move of either type that gets reasonable distribution.

...Either that or you're a special attacker, in which case you're forced to run Focus Miss and you have my deepest sympathies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, dark Ratatta is real, but water Arcanine is potentially fake...

Confusing

I'll give them a pass he's dark/ NORMAL

They got the dark part right

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
They do have Butterfree as Bug/psychic (which still has one of its types) so I'm still unsure about them missing the Normal type staying.. also Rattata seems to be the invasive pokemon that leads to Yungoose to coming to the Alolan region as well..

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
So, dark Ratatta is real, but water Arcanine is potentially fake...

Confusing

I'll give them a pass he's dark/ NORMAL

They got the dark part right
Given that Arcanine is (if memory serves) a Fire Stone evolution, it seems reasonable to me that they could just add a second evolution variant in using a Water Stone. It would certainly make for an interesting mix, as you could then get a Water type with all the Fire type moves Arcanine knows. Whilst they're at it they might even attempt to fix Arcanine's truly abysmal level up movepool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Given that Arcanine is (if memory serves) a Fire Stone evolution, it seems reasonable to me that they could just add a second evolution variant in using a Water Stone. It would certainly make for an interesting mix, as you could then get a Water type with all the Fire type moves Arcanine knows. Whilst they're at it they might even attempt to fix Arcanine's truly abysmal level up movepool.
Yeah, but Nintetales is also a fire stone evolution

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Yeah, but Nintetales is also a fire stone evolution
Don't get me wrong, I don't expect we'll see a regional variant of it, just that I feel it's plausible you could get it to work alongside the standard variant of Arcanine.

Beyond this I'd consider it a massive shame if there doesn't get to be some interaction between normal and alolan formed Pokemon in the way of movesets. If it has this then it's an exciting mechanic because it has the potential to give a nice buff to existing Pokemon. If it doesn't have that then I'm tempted to write it off as a lazy, cynical attempt to cash in on Gen I nostalgia rather than putting in the effort to design brand new Pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, I've been thinking

This "Secret" the starters and Rockruff have...

I wonder if it's the special Z-Moves certain pokemon get

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I seriously hope Alo Ninetales gets freeze-dry.. also speaking of Alolan Forms.. I was thinking what if they make more forms (preferably with G2 Pokemon if it's currently G1..) like they did during the Remakes with the Mega evolutions during ORAS? It wouldn't make as much sense imo.. maybe in a third installation and an update for S&M so they can be used there as well..

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
If it doesn't have that then I'm tempted to write it off as a lazy, cynical attempt to cash in on Gen I nostalgia rather than putting in the effort to design brand new Pokemon.
It is. Think about it. The Alola forms have 1) Different appearance 2) Different typing and movepool 3) Different abilities 4) Different stats (as suggested by Snowshrew's page). If they are going to be different units altogether why not making different Pokemon? "They can buff them this way" Like Megas that could be solved by buffing stats, movepools, replacing bad abilities or new evolutions. Alola forms don't even make sense. Why is Ledyba unaffected? Because he is not programmed in the RBG code? "They look cool" Yes, but they are rehashes. Why not making NEW and COOL new Pokemon that are memorable? So far I only remember Popolio and Donald Trump. I'm done...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Exclusive Z Moves for the Secret 4 is definitely a possibility now, and I'd say the most likely atm.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hope Blastoise gets a special Z move if no alternate form

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Imo I think it's safe to assume that no starter (or Legendary for that matter) is going to get an Alolan form.. they're most likely going to have to be found in the wild or a prior evolution in the wild to have an Alolan form. (I'm not counting the Friend Safari starters)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Imo I think it's safe to assume that no starter (or Legendary for that matter) is going to get an Alolan form.. they're most likely going to have to be found in the wild or a prior evolution in the wild to have an Alolan form. (I'm not counting the Friend Safari starters)
Or they could just let you pick between the 3 alolan starters shortly into the game like in gen 6.

If legends get alolan forms....what.

Can I get a Dialga with a hula skirt?

Last edited:
Top Bottom